The Soloist Robert Downey Jr's Perfomance

RpattzIsLove posted on May 11, 2010 at 02:33AM
Hey!

So I've just finished watching this very touching movie (cried my eyes out at the end - tears of joy) and I simply wanted to praise, once again, RDJ's brilliant acting!!

The mere sound of his voice mesmerizes me, heck, he could read the phone book for 2 hours & he'd make it worthwhile to listen to!! Above all else, it's an uplifting movie and if you ever thought otherwise, listen to the final 3 minutes or so & listen to what Lopez has to say as he pens "Points West" in his mind at the orchestra...

I looooved this film!! It's visually raw & uncompromising while the music in the background carries you along with these two fascinating individuals... Joe Wright did once again, after P&P & Atonement, another amazing rendition of a book!!

The Soloist 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago kathleen951015 said…
heart
I absolutely adored this film! I saw it the first day it came out, (being the stupidly intense RDJ fan I am,)even though I recall my friends wanting to see whatever action flick was out.

Robert just exemplifies the utmost amount of emotion in this movie and it just broke my heart in the one scene where he is in tears ;(

I too thoroughly enjoyed it. (and I own it :)