올림푸스의 영웅들 The Son of Neptune 의해 sweetieme3

sweetieme3 posted on Apr 19, 2011 at 09:29PM
Here is the Son of Neptune the way I want Rick Riordan to write it. Hope you like my version, and I'll try to post more of it ASAP.
last edited on Apr 20, 2011 at 01:26PM

올림푸스의 영웅들 172 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 172

over a year ago AmazingPercy said…
smile
It's very good
over a year ago icequeen362 said…
Oh my gods, I love this! Please keep writing more!!!!!!!
last edited over a year ago
Seriously, this story is amazing. I just read it for the second time.
over a year ago sweetieme3 said…
smile
I'll try to post more soon. Thx for reading!
over a year ago blakerose12 said…
big smile
sooo good loved cant wait till u post !!!!!:)
over a year ago TheRedQueen said…
wow!! i love it!!! why don't you copy and past chapter 1&2 in to comments and deltate them from the form description box?
smile
okay I will
Here, i reposted the first section in a reply post.

When I woke up, something was weighing down my chest. I swatted at it and reached for my sword even before I had opened my eyes. I shot up off the ground, took a natural defensive stance, only to realize it was a chicken.
My first thought: chicken?
My second thought: sword?!
The chicken squawked at me and then escaped from the barn. The barn was small with peeling red paint, and filled with hay that made my nose itch. Sunlight poured in the windows. How did I get here? The sword in my hand was bronze and it glowed softly in my hand. Thinking I could get a clue as to why I was here, I searched my jeans pockets.
I took out the only thing in my pockets: a bronze pen cap. Somehow, I knew it was for the sword. I capped the sword and watched in amazement as it shrank into a pen. I had nothing else with me: no cell phone, no ID, nothing to help me understand.
Now I just had to figure out where exactly I was. I tried to think of the last thing I did before ending up in this barn, but the memories slipped through my fingers. Before I could decide what to do next, there was a girl standing in the barn doorway. She had long blonde hair and golden skin that came from spending a lifetime in the sun. That was all I could register before she had a golden arrow aimed at my neck. What was with all these metal weapons?
Her bow was drawn as she glared at me with blue eyes flecked with purple. “Who are you?” the girl demanded.
That was a hard question to answer because I wasn’t entirely sure. “I, uh, Percy,” I said nervously while staring down the arrow shaft.
She drew the bow back further. I backed away to the wall and succeeded in knocking over a stack of buckets that fell to the floor with a crash.
“Okay then. Why are you here, Percy? And I suggest you tell the truth.”
“I don’t know,” I said honestly. “I can’t remember anything before a minute ago, when I woke up here.” She eyed me suspiciously, still ready to shoot. This wasn’t necessary, I realized. I was probably stronger than the girl, and at this point, her arrow in my face wasn’t that reassuring.
I went from having my hands in the air like, whoa, don’t shoot to lunging at her, trying to use my element of surprise. She fired. I guess she missed, because I didn’t feel any pain. I slammed her to the ground and grabbed and arrow from the quiver strapped to her back. She looked furious as I pressed the tip to her throat.
“How did you do that? Why aren’t you hurt?” She squirmed underneath my arms where I pinned her to the ground.
“Huh?” She wasn’t making any sense.
“You should be dead- or at least wounded,” she said matter-of-factly. Fear filled her eyes. “What kind of monster are you?”
I backed off so that I wasn’t crushing her. “I’m not a monster!” I protested. At least I knew that much. “Where am I?”
“You really don’t know?” She looked doubtful.
“Of course not. I was telling the truth.”
“Fine then, Percy. Let me go!” I released her and stood up. She backed away and spit a bit of blood onto the dirt floor. Oops. I hadn’t meant to hit her that hard.
“Dakota. My name’s Dakota. And if you’re as confused as you say you are, this is my parent’s vineyard. My mom and my stepdad,” she clarified. Dakota snatched her bow up off the ground.
“Do you have any idea how I might’ve gotten here? I can’t remember anything. Not even my last name.”
Apparently, she believed me now, because she said, “This is bad. Real bad. Let’s go somewhere we can talk and maybe find out who you are.” Dakota took my hand and led me out of the barn. The bright light outside hurt my eyes, and I shielded them from the sun’s glare. When they adjusted, I could see an enormous stone house surrounded by acres of rows of grapevines. There was nothing else for me to do, so I had no choice but to follow her onto the porch.
“Wait here a sec,” Dakota ordered. She crept inside her house. A minute later she came back to me. “C’mon. No one’s home.” I walked with her into what was obviously professionally decorated home. It was incredible. We had to go up two flights of wooden stairs to get to her room, which had an amazing view of the vineyard.
Dakota’s room made me a little uncomfortable. Not because it was a girl’s room, but because of what was inside of it. It would have been girly from the light pink walls, but then I saw the arrows, bronze shields mounted on the wall, and hunting trophies cluttering her shelves.
“What is all this stuff?” I asked in wonder.
“Just a hobby of mine.” She shrugged. “I like archery- and fighting.” She flopped down onto her bed and bounced a few times. I leaned against her window and casually crossed my arms. “So. Do you have anything that might tell us something about you?”
“Just a sword,” I said sadly. That was discouraging. I felt completely lost with no belongings.
“A sword? I know a lot about weapons. Give it here.” Dakota leaned forward, and I reluctantly tossed her my only possession. She caught it easily but looked perplexed. It was in pen form. “Uh…”
“Just uncap it,” I said, laughing at her confusion. Dakota did, and promptly dropped the sword that appeared.
“That’s celestial bronze!” she exclaimed.
That meant nothing to me. “What?”
“It’s the only thing that can kill monsters,” she explained quickly. “But never mind that. You’re a demigod! You already knew that, right?” Dakota looked excited by this discovery.
“Demigod?” The term felt familiar to me, but I didn’t know what it meant. “What’s a demigod?”
Now Dakota’s face filled with concern. “Oh, Styx. This is bad. You’re too old…” I wasn’t sure if that was supposed to be an insult. I was, like, 16 or something. “I’ve get to get you to camp, ASAP.”
“Whoa,” I said. “Slow down. What camp, and what’s a demigod?” I had no idea what she was talking about.
“I’ll explain later. Right now, we have to go.”

Chapter 2

I took a step away from her. “No.”
Dakota had already stood up to leave, but when she heard me, she froze. “What did you just say?” There was a warning in her voice, like a volcano about to explode. Her eyes flickered with anger.
I could think of a ton of reasons why I shouldn’t run off somewhere with Dakota. I didn’t know where we were going, she wasn’t explaining anything… But I said the reason that was forefront in my mind. “I only met you 10 minutes ago! I’m not going to just follow your orders when I don’t even know you.”
“Don’t be ridiculous,” she said rolling her eyes. I stood my ground, unwavering. On the inside, I knew that I was being stubborn. Not counting the arrow aimed at me in the barn, Dakota had at least tolerated me. But still, I felt like I had to draw the line somewhere.
“Why don’t we do what I want to do?” I hoped I looked intimidating.
She started ticking off on her fingers. “One, because you have absolutely no idea where to go from here. Two, because I have more experience at all things demigod…”
“Yeah, right,” I scoffed. “I’ve been to the Underworld more times than you can count.” Where had that come from? And yet I knew what I said was true.
Dakota shrugged. “Not possible.” I frowned. “A half blood hasn’t visited Pluto since, like, Orpheus. But never mind that. Since you insist on being difficult…” Dakota moved so that she was standing right in front of me. She locked on to my gaze and snapped her fingers.
Oh, great, so now she’s crazy. “Uh, what are you doing?”
She didn’t answer me. “You trust me,” Dakota said in a calm but firm voice. “I’m a friend.”
Suddenly, my vision blurred. It felt like the world spun in a 180 around me. Then it cleared.
Of course I trusted Dakota. How could I not? She was my friend. “What are you waiting for?” I asked impatiently. “We have to go.”
Dakota smirked as she watched my willpower crumble. “Much better.”
I was glad to get her approval.
On our way out, Dakota stopped to grab some car keys and leave a note in the kitchen. On a blue post-it note she wrote:

Emergency. Went to camp. Be back soon. XOXO

She jogged out the door and I followed behind her. Dakota climbed into the driver’s seat of an army-green jeep. I sat shotgun. When she shoved the keys into the ignition, I wondered how old she was. Probably 15. No way did she have a license. But that didn’t matter; I trusted Dakota.
We sped off down the driveway and on to a highway devoid of other cars. “Oh, I almost forgot. Why didn’t my arrow hurt you?” It didn’t sound like she was asking me; more like she was trying to figure it out for herself. I stayed silent, content to watch the land flash by out my window. “I mean, it just doesn’t make any sense. I never miss; I know I hit you. But it’s like the arrow bounced off your skin…”
We swerved off the road. The sudden movement made me snap back to attention.
“Di perduint is!” she groaned. Either I was really tired, or Dakota wasn’t speaking English. We had narrowly avoided driving straight into a lake. My eyes scanned our surroundings as I searched for whatever had made Dakota crash the jeep. Then I saw it.
“Anemoi thuellai,” I breathed. “Storm spirits.” Two black clouds were floating towards us, crackling with energy. I darted out of the jeep and uncapped my sword. I was ready to defend.
Before I had the chance, a third previously unseen storm spirit swooped out of the clouds above us. It threw Dakota far to my left where her body smacked into a tree trunk with a sickening thud. That distracted me, allowing for a storm spirit to rush at me and slam me back into the lake. I stumbled in the clear water and fell. The water filled me with energy like one huge shot of pure adrenaline. I stood up, relishing in the way the power filled my muscles.
The storm spirits came closer to me. From what I could tell, Dakota was unconscious, but I didn’t need her help. And I don’t mean that in a bad way, just that I felt so strong at that moment I knew I could take on a whole army of storm spirits singlehandedly.
I willed the lake water to rise into a massive tidal wave. I commanded a hundred thousand gallons of water to crash on top of the monsters, and it obeyed. The unexpected onslaught of water crushed them, and I watched in satisfaction as the spirits exploded into golden dust. The dust washed away when the water trickled back into the lake. And yet somehow, I was dry. Not a drop of water on me. After standing amidst a tidal wave, my clothes should have been sopping wet. Only they weren’t.
I couldn’t dwell on that for long. I heard a moan from Dakota and ran over to her. When I knelt by her side, I saw that her eyes were barely open and she had a gash running down the length of her arm. I didn’t have any medical experience, but her leg might have been broken.
Dakota was too hurt to walk, so I gingerly scooped her up in my arms and ignored her weak protests. I carried her back to the jeep and tried to move her leg as little as possible when I lowered her into the passenger seat. Dakota’s shirt was soaked with blood from her arm, so I wrapped a tourniquet around her forearm. I thought I heard her mutter, “No more ambrosia…silly me,” but I wasn’t sure.
“Dakota, do you want me to take you to the hospital?” The car might still be working…if I was lucky. Leaning over her, I turned the keys that were still in the ignition. The engine rumbled and the jeep started.
Dakota feebly waved off the question. “No, we have to get to camp…” She snapped her fingers. “Mist off,” she mumbled.
It was like a veil had been lifted over my eyes. I hadn’t noticed it until it went away. My thoughts from earlier returned to me. Why had I gotten in the car with her?
“What did you do to me?” I demanded.
“I manipulated the Mist to make you more reasonable,” Dakota said sadly. She shifted in her seat to get more comfortable, and I was reminded that she was hurt. “Sorry. I don’t like to, but this was an emergency. I needed you to trust me.”
Did I trust her? Maybe. Either way, I couldn’t just leave her, even though I had no idea what she was talking about half the time. I sighed. “I guess I’ll help you. I kinda have to now, don’t I?” I said, thinking of the way she was hurt. No way in Hades was I letting her drive.
“Good. Just drive down this road and stop when you get to the Caldecott tunnel, kay? I’ll take it from there.”
I nodded my consent before sliding into the driver’s seat. I maneuvered the car back onto the highway and continued the way we were driving before the storm spirits had attacked. Dakota appeared to be regaining strength. She was sitting upright and the deep gash on her arm had already stopped bleeding somehow. “You better not tell any of my friends what happened,” she warned after a period of silence.
“What do you mean?”
“If everyone knew the leader of the Apollo cabin got taken down by a runaway demigod and a venti…” she groaned. “I’d never hear the end of it.”
“Demigod?” She had called me one earlier, but I still didn’t know what it was.
“Yes. And by that, I mean you. You really have no memory before today?” I nodded. “What’s bad about that- besides the obvious- is that you might have already been claimed. And you can’t remember who your godly parent is.” I gave her a blank look. “The gods are real, Percy. You’re a demigod- I’m sure of it. That means you have one mortal parent and one that’s a god.”
My hands tightened on the wheel at this new revelation. It wasn’t surprising. I should have known this already, and that was frustrating. “And your parent is Apollo?” I asked her.
“Yeah. That’s why I’m healing so quickly.” She gestured at her arm, which now had only a pink line where her wound had been. Dakota had removed my homemade tourniquet. “Perk of being a daughter of the god of medicine. Apollo is also the god of archery, the sun, music, poetry, prophecies, etc.”
“And you don’t know who my parent is?” I asked, taking this all in stride. I kind of wished I was a son of Apollo. It seemed like it would be pretty cool.
“No. Unless you noticed any distinctive abilities since you woke up, like making flowers grow,” she half-joked. Demeter.
Up until now, I had forgotten about my strange experience with the lake when Dakota had been partially unconscious. “What about with…water?” I asked hesitantly. It might have just been something that all demigods could do, and I didn’t want to sound ignorant.
Her eyes narrowed. “That would have to be Neptune. But he isn’t allowed to have children. Why?”
I told Dakota about what had happened with the lake water. As I talked, her eyes filled with fear, though she tried not to show it.
“Eheu. Haec est mala. I thought with Jason, that he was the last… but that’s the only explanation…” her voice trickled off.
“What language were you speaking?” I asked.
“Latin. Sorry. But never mind that-” Her voice filed with wonder. “You must be a son of Neptune.”
It started to rain. I stared out the windshield and watched the droplets slide down. Dakota explained to me why she was so shocked. “The first three gods- Jupiter, Neptune, and Pluto-swore to have no more children about seventy years ago. They ended that last year, but you were born before that.” Her eyes widened. “And that means Pluto was the only one to keep his promise. How ironic.”
“And Neptune is the god of the sea?” I clarified.
“And horses,” she added.
Okay then. Deep breaths. This was all really weird, but I decided to just go with it.
I stopped the car when we got to an old brick tunnel. Dakota got out of the jeep, and I could see that her wounds had healed. If I didn’t see the blood washing off her from the rain, I wouldn’t have thought she had been hurt. She walked over to the entrance of the tunnel.
“Semdei preces ingressu,” she announced confidently… to the empty tunnel. Then, right before my eyes, the tunnel morphed into a dirt road. The rain cloud stopped where the road began. My mouth fell open. As if my day couldn’t get any weirder.
Dakota turned towards me. “Pretty clever, huh? We had some fauns whip up the allusion a few decades ago.” She motioned for me to follow her. Reluctantly, I did. For some reason, I felt like I didn’t belong here. This was all wrong. I drew my sword.
“Don’t be so paranoid, Percy,” she scoffed. “Nothing is going to attack us here.” Dakota started walking. “This is home.”
Okay, so here in the next section of my story. FYI, the words between the (i) are in italics. Italics just don't work on this forum.

Chapter 3

We arrived at the end of the dirt road, which was shorter than I had originally expected. Together we emerged at a campsite that was right on the coast. The salty sea air felt wonderful in my lungs.
“Lupa!” Dakota called. A reddish brown wolf emerged from a neighboring forest. I stepped backwards in alarm.
(i)Dakota(i). The wolf, Lupa, didn’t speak the word- I heard it in my mind.

Dakota did not appear to be scared of the she-wolf. “I wasn’t going to come back to camp for another week, but this half blood showed up at my house with his memory erased. I believe that he is a son of Neptune.”
Lupa eyed me warily as I fumbled to put my sword away. (i)This will be addressed later. Alas, we have more pressing matters to discuss.(i) The words appeared in my mind. (i)Dakota, you must come with me.(i)
“Alright,” Dakota agreed uncertainly. “Percy, I’ll find you later.” She walked away with the she-wolf. Then I was alone. (i)Okay, thanks for taking me here(i), I thought sarcastically.
I wandered towards the beach, thinking that maybe the water would trigger a memory. A hundred-foot or so tall cliff overlooked the ocean with a narrow trail leading down to the beach that I walked down. The sand was a pale yellow color that looked untouched and natural. I slowly waded into the water. Underwater, I realized I could still breathe- another bonus to being the son of Neptune.
That gave me an idea. “Father?” I called tentatively. My only audience was a dreary gray fish that swam past. I tried again, speaking louder and more confidently. “Dad!”
(i)I am here, my son.(i) He spoke to me in the same way Lupa had, but I didn’t see him. His voice drifted to me by the ocean currents
“Is it really you?” I swam deeper into the water.
(i)Yes. And I am sorry for what has happened to you. If she had told me of her plan, I never would have allowed it.(i)
“Who’s plan?”
(i)I am forbidden to tell you. I must leave now, because Zeus does not approve of parents helping heroes. But know this, my son: I am so proud of you…(i)His voice faded.
I knew our meeting was over. I figured by Zeus, Neptune meant Jupiter. Maybe they call each other by their Greek names. I surfaced and willed the water to pull me to the shore. My dad was proud of me? That thought filled me with warmth in the icy winter water. The water might not have touched me, but I could still feel its temperature.
I rested on the beach, playing my dad’s words over and over in my head. (i)I am so proud of you.(i) It felt good to have his support.
I went to try and find other campers. A couple of the buildings I saw were wood, but most were stone or even marble with enormous pillars like the White House and arched doorways. Not a normal camp.
I stumbled upon a coliseum- looking building the size of a football field. Over the door was written: Disciplina Bello. Ugh. More Latin I didn’t understand. I walked inside.
It was exactly like the coliseum in Rome, complete with its very own gladiators, only it looked new. A dozen or so people- upon closer inspection, I saw that they were just kids- were fighting in full bronze battle armor with swords. They had horse-hair plume helmets. Bull’s eyes were set up along one wall, and another dozen kids were using them for archery practice, shooting several arrows with each snap of a bowstring. Four campers were using bull’s eyes for aiming their javelins.
The strangest thing was the high tech speaker system set up in a corner among all the ancient-looking shields and helmets. It was blasting (i)Kryptonite: If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?(i)
I leaned against the wall and watched the campers practice from the sidelines. It didn’t look like the campers were holding back at all, even though some of them must have been fighting their friends. A white medic tent was set up on the far side of the room. While I was watching, a guy had his leg sliced nearly to the bone with his sparring partner’s lance. His blood dripped and soaked into the dry dirt floor. He limped over to the to the medic tent. The camper that had wounded him so gravely didn’t even bat an eyelash. He lunged with his lance at someone else. This was some hard-core battle practice.
The fight was so captivating that I almost didn’t notice when three campers walked up next to me- a tall guy around my age with bleach blond hair. He was flanked by a nasty-looking girl in desperate need of a shower and a frowning African American kid. They walked like they owned the camp. I instantly decided that I didn’t like them.
“Hey, newbie,” the guy in front sneered. “You gonna stand there or are you gonna fight?” He made it sound like I was a coward for not participating.
I didn’t want to deal with this guy. I looked away.
“Where are my manners!” he exclaimed with false courtesy. “I’m Adam, son of Mercury.” He gestured to his friends. “David and Meryl, children of Mars.” The two spat on the ground in unison after being introduced. Gross. I wondered if they practiced. “And you are?”
I lifted my head a bit higher. “Percy.” I opted to not announce the name of my godly parent because I had yet to understand the implications that my parent would bring.

“C’mon, then (i)Percy(i). Spar with me. You might not have any armor, but don’t worry: I’ll go easy.” I could tell by the animosity in his voice that he would never take no for an answer. And that there was no way he was planning on going easy.
“Sure.” I shrugged. My heart was pounding, but it would be worse if he just forced me to fight him. Adam grinned wickedly. We walked over to the center of the coliseum. One by one, the campers stopped fighting and backed away. They formed a circle around us: I guess watching the new kids get killed was prime-time entertainment for them.
I ignored them and locked onto Adam’s cold, calculating gaze. “Lay off, Adam. He wasn’t bothering you,” I heard a girl protest.
Still, I took out my weapon. There was a collective gasp as the gold pen transformed into a life-sized sword. Adam dove at me with his ordinary steel sword. I parried the blow and slashed at his chest. When Adam’s eyes narrowed, I smiled with satisfaction. My mind switched over to autopilot: dodge, stab, duck, swing. It was like my muscles remembered practiced movements and techniques that my mind did not.
I had been trained for this: of that, I was sure. I shouldn’t have been able to, but I easily knocked Adam’s sword out of his hand. It skittered across the floor and left him weaponless. He fell to the ground, astonished, as I held my sword at his throat.
Of course, I wasn’t actually going to do it. Kill him, I mean. I was just hoping he would get the message to (i)leave me alone.(i). But someone behind me didn’t know that. Something struck me in the back of my neck, but it just glanced off. Out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw that it was a battle axe. It didn’t hurt me- strangely, it had felt like the metal axe had hit something else made of metal- my skin.
I turned around, furious that someone had attempted to kill me. Adam’s friend David was standing there. He was staring at the axe he just tried to decapitate me with.
“Nice try, but no.” I shot him my best intimidating look, and David shrank back against the silent audience. “I wouldn’t try that again, I if were you.” I sheathed my sword, and the crowd parted, allowing me to exit. Adam was till cowering on the ground when I left.
big smile
Awesome chapter !!! Go Percy ! Loved it can't wait for the next one ! :DDDD
AHHHHH!!!! I love this fanfic it is AWESOME!!!
Do you know when ur gonna post the next chapter?
smile
I will try to post it by tomorrow
over a year ago TheMagicWord said…
laugh
I really like it. Post soon!
laugh
thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm trying to write the next chapter as fast as I can
monkey
hey sweetieme3, just saying, I like ur profile pic. Ducks are awesome.
over a year ago percysmile said…
Post nice chap I loved it btw I'm new
Here's Chapter 4

I decided to look for Dakota. Whatever Lupa wanted to talk to her about, they were probably done by now. I didn’t have to search for long; I found Dakota sitting on the steps of a small stone building in the center of camp. It wouldn’t be until later that I found out the building was camp headquarters.
Anyway, I was shocked to see Dakota crying quietly. When she saw me approaching, she hastily wiped the tears from her cheeks. I sat down next to her.
“What’s wrong, Dakota?” I asked her softly.
“He’s gone.” Her voice cracked. “Percy, Jason’s gone.” Dakota went on to tell me he was her best friend- a son of Jupiter.
“Jason didn’t show up at archery yesterday, so someone went to get him from his cabin. But he wasn’t there. They don’t know if he was kidnapped, or ran away, or…died.” Dakota shuddered.
“We’ll find him,” I said, surprising myself. I hated seeing her so upset.
“You think he’s out there, somewhere?”
I nodded. “It would take a lot to take down a son of Jupiter, Dakota. He’s probably fine.” Jupiter, the lord of the sky, king of the gods; Jason had to be one powerful half blood. “I’ll help you find him.” Because really, what else was I going to do with my life?
“We can watch the news,” Dakota suggested. I raised an eyebrow. “You know, because he’s on the news a lot. We just have to look for out of the ordinary things happening. A few years ago, Jason’s mom died. We had so many hurricanes… it was insane. All because Jason was unhappy.”
Soon after that, Dakota showed me the cabins. The camp was completely isolated: a web of interconnecting pathways and buildings surrounded by miles of coniferous trees. Various cabins were placed intermittently around the camp borders, and the Neptune cabin was closest to the coast. I could see the Pacific Ocean through gaps in tree branches. Inside my cabin were four cots along the walls in a corner. On the opposite side was a miniature replica of the Fountain of Neptune in Florence.
Dakota started laughing. “You’re like a kid in a candy store. This is all yours now.”
“No one else stays here?” I asked.
“Nope. Neptune rarely has children, so you’re kinda special. The other beds are just in case you have guests,” she explained.
“Oh.” I didn’t think I would be having guests any time soon. “So when do I get one of those camp T-shirts?” Like the other campers I had seen, Dakota was wearing a dark blue cotton shirt that had Camp Half Blood on the front in white lettering.
She pointed to a wooden dresser next to the cabin door. “That thing is full of them, every size, in boy and girl styles.” Well that was good because her shirt was a V-neck, and it would be a little awkward if I had to wear the same one.
Dakota started backing out of the cabin. From out a tiny port-hole-shaped window I could see that the sun had already set. “So uh, you can just make yourself at home, and camp activities begin at 7:00am.” She left, and I immediately fell asleep on one of the beds, uncertain of what would happen tomorrow.

I woke to the sound of a horn, got dressed in a camp shirt and jeans, and went outside my cabin. Two campers were walking past my cabin, two tough-looking girls who were probably daughters of Hephaestus, er, Vulcan. I started following them when I realized I had no idea where I was supposed to go. I caught wisps of their conversation while I walked.
“Did you hear…Jason?”
“It’s…awful…what happened.”
“Did you see Reyna?”
Wow, they were talking about that Jason guy. He must have been a pretty big deal around here.
The two girls walked to a kind of giant cafeteria, the second biggest building in the camp next to the battle arena. The mess hall was a big stone building with a giant arch doorway. It looked like most of the camp was already there, sitting at long tables that stretched the length of the room. I hopped into a line to wait for breakfast. Within seconds, a girl appeared, like, right in front of me. It scared me so much that I jumped backwards.
“Hi! I’m Hazel. So I heard you’re new to camp,” she said quickly with a giant grin. Hazel was a few years younger than me and about a foot shorter. She held out her hand to shake, like some little business person. I shook it back.
“Hey. I’m Percy.”
From what I had noticed, people at camp didn’t pay too much attention to how they looked. Hair went un-brushed some campers actually had mud smeared across their foreheads. But Hazel could’ve been wearing a suit. Her caramel colored hair was pulled back into a sleek ponytail, and I think she even bothered to put on some lip gloss.
“I’m the camp activities director. Usually I would have to schedule you an ordeal, but this isn’t a usual circumstance, now, is it?” She jotted something down a clipboard that I hadn’t noticed before while I just stared. Like an idiot. “And I have reports that you are an excellent swordsman, yes? And what are your interests? We have archery, pegasus riding, weapon making, dueling, monster 101, language class…?”
Yeah, serious case of ADHD, I thought to myself. “Uh…”
“Indecisive, eh?” I think I saw her eye twitch. She seemed nice enough; just a little creepy. “Well, I’ll start you off easy, then. How good are you with foreign languages?”
“Not too good,” I said, and laughed a little to hide my embarrassment. Hazel probably spoke 40 different languages, while I only spoke two. I figured English didn’t count. “I only know Greek.”
Hazel looked impressed. “Really? We rarely have Greek-speakers. So I’ll have you in language class from 7:30 to 9:00, hand-to-hand combat from 9:00 to 10:00, advanced weaponry 10:00 to 2:00 with a lunch break in the middle…” While she spoke, she wrote more on her clip board. Just listening to her made me exhausted.
“Four hours of weaponry?”
“Well I figured you could teach the younger kids, learn a little yourself, and Dakota mentioned to me that she wanted you put in that class. She’s in it too, teaching archery,” she explained.
“How do you know Dakota?” I asked, surprised that she would request that I be put in her class.
“I’m her half-sister, Percy.” Oh.
By then we were at the front of the breakfast line. There were empty metal containers on a row of carts, buffet-style. “It’s magic, Percy. Give it a second, and you’ll have your perfect food, ready to eat.”
I heard a strange whooshing noise, and then a breakfast buffet filled the containers: eggs, pancakes, bacon, and toast. There was only one problem. All the food was blue.
“I’m really glad you’re here,” Hazel announced suddenly.
“Why?”
“You make me look normal.”
Once Hazel got her breakfast too, she pulled a cell phone out of her pocket. “Oh, Lupa wants to see you,” she said, looking at the screen. I didn’t even want to know how a giant wolf managed to dial someone’s number on a phone. Hazel snapped her phone shut. “Lupa’s in the camp headquarters. It’s outside the cafe, take a left, and follow that path, ‘kay? Here’s your schedule.” She handed me the paper she had written everything down on, along with a map of camp. “Good luck, Percy.”
I grabbed my lunch and followed her directions. It was a marble building with pillars in the front, Roman-style. I was beginning to see a theme. When I went inside, Lupa was waiting.
(i)We have to talk, boy(i), she said inside my head.
“Okay?” My uncertainty made it a question.
(i)I heard of your display of skill in the battle arena yesterday. I heard that you were invincible. Is this true?(i)
“Well, I-I guess,” I stammered. Lupa was not your average wolf, not that I would be okay with being inside a room with one of those, either. “I mean, I-”
Enough! she mind-yelled. I wondered if she ate humans. Pick up your sword. I did. Now cut your hand.
I hesitated, of course, because I wasn’t masochistic. Then that does she eat humans? thought ran through my head again, and I drew the sword across my palm, braced for pain.
Nothing happened. The sword bounced of my skin as if I was made of metal, just like when David had tried to decapitate me.
(i)Interesting.(i) Lupa paused before delivering her verdict.(i) You have bathed in the Styx.(i)
“Huh?” I knew of the Styx, one of the rivers in the Underworld. Thetis bathed Achilles in it, and therefore Achilles was indestructible, save for his heel. I glanced down at me feet. They looked perfectly normal to me. “Why would I ever do that?”
(i)I do not know, Perseus.(i) Lupa calling me my full name startled me. (i)It is something I will have to look into.(i) With that, she walked around me and out the door, leaving me with a final message. (i)I would advise you to keep this information to yourself, boy. In the hands of an enemy, it could mean your death.(i) And on that happy note, she was gone.
WOW THAT WAS AWESOME I LOVED IT
big smile
Amazing !! Loved hazel so energetic and fun something the came needs !! Loved it can't wait for the next chappie!! :DDDDDDD
You are so right I think the roman camp needs to party and forget about fighting that's whet the roman camp needs
over a year ago PersesJr said…
WOW TAHT WAS SO AWESOME.POST SOON
That's right post soon
smile
sorry i haven't posted recently. I went on vacation and the internet stopped working! SO ANNOYING. But when I was at my beach house, I saw this store called Auntie M's Emporium. I was like, Oh my gods, Medusa!
smile
OMG seriously?
Post soon it's SO good.
So this is continued from the last chapter I posted. It was long so I had to break it into two sections. Again, the words between the (i) are meant to be in parenthesis.

I was less than focused in language class. They started me off on Latin, and once I had mastered it I was supposed to learn Italian, then French. My mind kept drifting back to the Styx. Somehow, I remembered the pain perfectly. What had possessed me? Had my life been so horrible that I wanted to die? And beyond that, there had to be someone searching for me, right? My mom, friends, the person who had given me my sword?
While half-asleep in class (I had the feeling that I had never been an A+ student), I overheard some of the other demigods talking. Apparently there had been a tornado last night way down in southern California. Yeah, this was California, land of mud slides and earthquakes: not Tornado Alley! They thought it was Jason, but it turned out to just be a freak thing. Some demigods had driven down there early this morning to check it out. Maybe that’s why I hadn’t seen Dakota at breakfast.
By the end of the day, I was exhausted. I walked over to the cliff (called Kionus Cliff, according to my map), watched the water crash along the shore…and toppled over the edge. Now don’t flip out; I meant to fall. I gracefully dove down into the water and did a flip in the air before hitting the surface, luxuriating in the way my powers kept my body dry. I decided to try and contact my dad.
“Dad? Neptune?”
(i)I am here, Perseus, though I am not Neptune,(i) my dad told me.
“But…but-” I sputtered. “Who are you?” A striper swimming by gave me a kind of look. I shooed it away and it darted into a patch of seaweed.
(i)Poseidon. I thought you knew that.(i) My mind raced. Poseidon is Neptune; the Greek version, anyway.
“Isn’t that the same thing?”
(i)No. Neptune is my Roman form, and so we are different gods. Technically(i), he added. (i)I have to leave, but know this Percy, I am Greek, not Roman, as are you. There is a difference…(i) his voice faded.

Four whole months passed in the blink of an eye, in which there was no word on Jason. Dakota had introduced me to Reyna, Jason’s girlfriend, but she kept to herself so I didn’t see her around camp much.
I stuck to my schedule. For languages, I was now fluent in three and very proud of myself. For meals, most people prefer to sit with their siblings, but since I didn’t want to sit alone, I ate with the Apollo cabin. We played games to see who could last the longest speaking a different language (Our winner so far was Sebastian, who went 16 days straight speaking Portuguese).
In hand-to-hand combat, I feel like a ninja. Enough said. You basically learn martial arts.
After that I go to advanced weaponry, where Dakota kicks my butt at archery. Then I get my revenge when we take out swords, javelins, and daggers. Next I would go to the stables and help the youngest campers ride pegasi. The rest of the day I was allowed to have to myself, and I usually climbed down the path to the beach to get better with water. I tried to contact Poseidon almost every day, but he never responded. It was frustrating.
Dakota and I started dating about a month after I arrived at the demigod camp. It wasn’t like I asked her to go out or anything; it kind of just happened. One day, we were both lying on the beach when I took a break from practicing new tricks with water. I made a wave crash on us and kept Dakota dry so she didn’t get mad.
The water washed away, and we couldn’t keep from laughing. Then, somehow, we were kissing. I wouldn’t be able to tell you who initiated it.
At camp, there wasn’t much to do as far as dating, but still, it was something. Being with Dakota felt natural: as easy as breathing.

At archery one day, Hazel ran in. “The camp’s under attack!” she blurted. My hand twitched toward the pen in my pocket. “Gather your weapons and meet at Kionus Cliff!” Dakota and I exchanged looks before breaking into a run. Hazel tried to explain. “There have been sightings of a war ship coming towards our shore. It’s almost here!”
We made it to the cliff and the other demigods were already assembled. Lupa wasn’t there, but we didn’t have time to look for her.
Cabin leaders took control of their siblings. Dakota ran off to organize her archers, who were our first line of defense. The children of Mars set up ballistae along the coastline. Ballistae were Roman weapons sort of like a cross between a crossbow and a catapult. Callie, the head of the Minerva cabin, came over to me. “Try to control the water and stop the ship so we have more time, Percy.”
I nodded. Easy enough, and I was happy to help. Focusing on the power of the ocean, I pushed the tides out. The boat looked old fashioned, like an old sailing ship. I recognized that it was a Greek trireme. A gold statue attached to the bow glinted in the sunlight. Bending to my will, the saltwater under the boat moved backwards. But the ship kept coming closer, something I had never experienced before.
“Uh, Callie?” I said to the Minerva girl. “The boat’s floating.”
“I know that,” she said, exasperated. “Kind of the point of boats, son of Neptune.”
I tried to not take offense at that. “I (i)meant(i) the ship’s floating in the air. It’s flying.”
She swore. “Hey guys!” she yelled to the campers. “It’s a magic boat- as in, MONSTERS!”
The demigods started running faster: looking for armor, searching for siblings, because suddenly the situation was more serious. The sons and daughters of Apollo lined up along Kionus Cliff. They each had six or seven arrows notched to shoot as the first volley.
The trireme came closer: enough so that I could see a blue flag flying at the top of the mast. With the boat somehow suspended in the air, my power over the water was useless.
Now I could see individual people- er, monsters- on the boat. Dakota had explained to me long ago that monsters often went disguised as humans.
If I concentrated I could barely see a girl standing on the bow of the ship. Her blonde hair whipped around her from the wind. I knew, somehow, that her eyes were gray. Maybe I had seen the monster before.
“Take aim!” Dakota ordered her siblings. She raised her own bow that was notched with a single arrow. “Loose!” Dozens of arrows launched into the air and whistled past. I thought I saw something flicker around the enemy boat; almost like a force field. It was a translucent purple color. The deadly arrows fell out of the sky as they had hit a solid wall. I knew the ship had magic wards to keep out arrows.
Only one arrow made it passed- Dakota’s arrow, a gift from her dad. It's godly power made it pass through the force field with ease. As I watched, it hit the girl with the gray eyes before she had a chance to duck. It went into her stomach and all the way through.
The girl obviously didn’t expect it. Her knees buckled and she slid over the ship’s railing before one of the other monster/humans could catch her. As she fell, she screamed something that made my world stop spinning.
“Percy!”
Just thought of a poem that kinda fits in with the great prophecy to use as a sort of preface to the Son of Neptune. BTW, i'm doing this from memory, so it might not be completely correct.

Fire and Ice by Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor fire
But if I had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
To say the destruction of ice is also great, and would suffice

I mean, the poem has fire and world destruction in it!
big smile
OMG!
1PECABETH
2 they cam. The seven are going
3 good thing dakota and percy didn't really become a couple cause THERE'S ANNABETH
4 he knows he's greek

and I've heard of that poem. kinda like PJ

keep posting
smile
Ohhhhh that poem sounds awesome for the story
Three things:
1) how does someone become fluent in three language in four months?
2) wow, nothing really happened before the ship arrived. they should of brought a white flag or some
thing
3) OMG THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN!!!!!!!!
big smile
Omggggggggggggg that did not just happen !!! The chapter was amazing there are three things I can't believe
1 Percy and Dakota are dating !!
2 the boat got there
3 Annabeth got shot
Amazing chapter !!!!!!!!!!!! Am dying to know what's next so post soon ! :DDDDDDD
I hope Annabeth doesnt die
big smile
I think that if someone spent an hour and a half or whatever every day learning, they would be able to master 3 languages. Demigods have all sorts of awesome abilities!!!!!

Keep posting, I want to know if Annabeth dies:D
smile
Sorry i haven't posted recently. School is back in session after an awesome spring break, and I play a ton of sports, so it's been hard to keep writing when I've been so busy.
really? this week is spring break for us.
smile
mine was 4 weeks ago. It was really weird.
Yeah, spring break is really screwed up. Anyway, this is the next section of my fanfic. It's chapter, what, 5 now? Wow. And this chapter is long, FYI.

Chapter 5

The girl hit the water with a smack. It must have been a two story drop. I didn’t hesitate in diving off the cliff after her.
I think I heard Dakota yell, “No, Percy!” but the sound of it was ripped away by the wind. Kionus Cliff was 117 feet tall (Yeah, a camper had actually taken the time to measure it last year), but I made the water cushion my fall and barely avoided impaling myself on a jagged rock. I hastily sped through the water, searching for the injured girl, the connection to my past.
I found her lying on the sandy ocean floor. She was struggling to hold her breath and her blood trailed away in the water. I gathered oxygen and formed a massive bubble for us at the bottom of the ocean. Something tugged at my memories, but I pushed it out of my mind. She looked on the brink of death. “No. NO!” I had to focus. When I knelt by her side, she raised a shaky hand and touched my cheek. Her fingers felt like ice.
“I’m so sorry, Annabeth,” I said with tears pooling in my eyes. (i)My fault.(i) I took the ambrosia squares out of my pocket that I always carried with me and put them in her mouth. Annabeth chewed and her wounds immediately started to heal. I breathed a sigh of relief.
“Finally found you, Percy,” she mumbled with a small smile. That voice! I knew it from…somewhere. She glanced over my shoulder. “We should probably get back up there.”
I remembered the war that was surely ensuing back above the surface. I carefully gathered her in my arms. “Let’s go.”

[POV switch]
Jason couldn’t believe when an arrow breached the Argo 2’s protective barrier. He had watched in horror as Annabeth fell over the rail. Earlier, she had said that flying a blue flag might trigger something in her boyfriend’s memory, but that plan had failed. “We have to stop them,” he muttered to himself. If he flew to the cliff, the Romans would shoot him down.
“Leave that to me,” Nico said darkly. The son of Hades kind of freaked Jason out. Shadows gathered around Nico. He raised his black Stygian sword and plunged it up to the hilt in the wooden ship. A crevasse split open in the cliff and a torrent of skeletal warriors piled out. “That should keep them busy,” Nico said.
Jason’s sister strode up next to him. “Let’s end this,” she said, grabbing Jason’s hand. Together, they raised their free hands. Twin lightning bolts shot out of a cloudless sky and shook the earth where they landed on the beach, leaving behind blackened patches of sand. The volleys of arrows ceased. Jason’s mouth pulled up into a smile. A geyser of water shot out of the water, drenching him. He stopped smiling.

[POV switch]

I kept an air pocket around us as we rose through the water. Annabeth’s eyes were closed, so she didn’t see me watching her. I couldn’t shake the unsettling feeling that I knew this girl, but couldn’t remember anything about her. When we broke through the surface, I used a jet of water to carry us up and over the ship’s rail. A guy was waiting for us, drenched by my water. He hovered a little above the ground.
I hopped on board, clutching Annabeth tightly in my arms. “Sorry ‘bout that,” I said to the hovering dude. He looked about my age, maybe a little younger. I dried the water on him with my power. He looked mildly surprised.
“Piper!” he called over his shoulder. A pretty teenage girl ran over with her hair in a long braid down her back. “Take Annabeth down below. You can get medic supplies from Leo’s tool belt.”
A girl with spiky black hair ducked out from behind the guy that seemed to be calling all the shots. She had a faint silvery glow around her, suggesting that she was more than human or even demigod. “Percy!” she squealed. She tugged on the guy’s shirt sleeve, and he floated to the ground. “Jason, we found him!”
“Thalia,” I said, remembering her from some part of my past. Not any details, just her name. From her looks, I could tell that she was Jason’s sister. Piper came over to and put her arms out for Annabeth. I didn’t want to let go, but I had to trust that Piper would take care of her. “And…you’re Jason,” I said disbelievingly. I knew now that these weren’t monsters: just demigods. Not my enemies. And the famous Jason I had been hearing so much about had been with them the whole time. “Man, Dakota and Reyna are crazy worried about-”
His eyes perked up at their names. “You know them? Are they okay?”
“Yeah they’re fine. Dakota’s actually the archer that shot Annabeth.” I decided not to mention that I was dating her. Jason narrowed his eyes and stayed silent.
A boy I hadn’t noticed stepped out of the shadows. He had dark hair and an even darker smile, but he seemed happy to see me. “I hate to break up this touching reunion,” Nico began, sounding like it didn’t bother him at all. “But we have a group of very anxious demigods hell-bent on killing us.”
“Yeah, we’d better go.” Jason turned toward the hatch in the middle of the ship. “Leo! How soon can you get us to shore? I can’t lift the entire ship…”
A small Hispanic demigod stuck his head out. Wisps of smoke drifted off of his clothes. “It’s gonna be awhile. Sorry, Jason,” he said sheepishly. “I kinda set the wheel on fire. By accident.” Leo raised his hand and a flame danced across his palm. “My bad.”
I wasn’t even surprised by Leo and the fire. Living with so many demigods, I had seen weirder. Like the time a daughter of Venus turned Adam into a girl for a whole day. We called him “Adamina.” Or when Dakota fought with her brother and cursed him to only speak in rhymes. I wondered when that would wear off.
Then I had an idea. “Hey Leo, just get us in the water. I’ll take it from there,” I said confidently. Leo looked doubtful, but he still followed my orders. He ducked back down below, and within seconds we had lowered into the water.
“Mizzenmast,” I whispered. The sails unfurled and caught the wind. I was able to control the ship like I was flexing a muscle. It smoothly sailed forward.
“Nice,” Jason said appreciatively. “I thought I was going to have to fly us all individually up the cliff.”
“Hey, uh, why can’t I remember anything?” I asked suddenly. It was really bothering me, like an itch I hadn’t been able to scratch for the last several months. “I mean I recognize people, like Annabeth and Thalia and Nico, but I don’t actually know anything about them.”
Jason waved everyone away. “Guys, lemme talk to him.” They followed his orders reluctantly by climbing below deck. When we were alone, he said, “Percy, you know the Great Prophecy, right?”
I did. The Sybil of Cumae was a marble statue of a prophetess in Rome. The stories say the actual woman was immortal, but that is just a legend; a living, breathing, statue of her resides in a cave somewhere in the woods surrounding camp. If you had something specific to ask, you had to hunt her down wherever she was. Every once in a while the Sybil would visit camp when there was an important prophecy that would affect all of us, such as the Great Prophecy. I recited it to prove that I did.
“Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire, the world must fall,
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.”
“Exactly. So we need seven demigods. Juno knew that some of those half-bloods would be Roman, and some would be Greek. Problem was, the camps had never cooperated, and until recently, did not know of the other’s existence.”
I nodded like I understood, but I was still confused on the subject. Jason continued, “You’re Greek. A son of Poseidon. You are pretty much the leader of the Greek camp. I am Roman: a son of Jupiter. I was the leader of the Roman camp.” He took a deep breath. “Hera wiped our memories and switched us to get the camps to cooperate.”
The ship slid onto the beach with an audible crunch. “We can explain it more later today,” Jason said. His- our- friends piled out onto the deck. Nico was helping to support Annabeth.
“Piper, you’re coming with me,” Jason announced. “This might get ugly, and I’ll need your charm-speak. Percy, they know you, so you’re coming too. I can only take two, unless Thalia…” his eyes slid over to his sister, who shook her head vehemently. “Never mind. The rest of you are going to have to climb. C’mon Percy.”
I paused. At some point while Jason was talking, it felt like my brain had shut down and stopped processing. Now a million questions were flashing through my mind, but they would have to wait. We had bigger issues. I pictured Dakota standing at the top of the cliff, wondering where I had gone.
I stood next to Jason. Piper was on his other side, and they held hands as we all started rising into the air. Five feet, ten feet off the ground. Jason’s air currents pushed us up the cliff side. We landed gently on the grass with a crowd of demigods staring at us. Bones were scattered all across the grass. How long had I been gone? I could hear the demigods’ whispers.
“Jason: Jason’s back!”
“He attacked us?”
“What’s Percy doing?”
“Why’d he leave?”
I wasn’t sure what to say, so I glanced over at Jason. He had his arm around Piper for comfort and looked a little nervous. I saw him look over at me. He didn’t know what to say either.
“Listen, everyone,” I began, and a hush fell over the crowd. “This has all been a big misunderstanding. They weren’t attacking-” I stopped when I saw Reyna push through the demigods, her clothes in disarray and her hair tied back in a high ponytail.
At first, she looked elated at the sight of Jason. Then she saw the way Jason’s arm was curled around Piper’s hip. They jumped apart, but Reyna was already crying and running away.
“Wait, Reyna! Let me explain!” Jason begged. He launched himself into the air after her.
The Romans turned their furious eyes on me. Yeah, because this was all my fault. It was all up to me now because Piper looked on the verge of hyperventilating from recent events. No offense or anything, but she wasn’t exactly helping the situation.
“Okay, so you have to keep an open mind. It wasn’t monsters who attacked camp: it was demigods. Greek demigods. And they weren’t attacking. Turns out we aren’t the only half-blood camp out there.” I paused to let that sink in.
Someone called out from the back. “And you believe them, these Greek demigods?”
“That’s just it. I’m one of them.” Shocked gasps spread throughout the Romans. I used to be well-respected here, and now I probably looked like the enemy.
Dakota stuck her head out of the crowd. She was standing off to the side of the throng. “But Percy, how did you end up here?” I relayed to them what Jason had told me.
Jason floated out of the sky and added in some details, like his quest to save Juno. He looked upset.
The Romans dispersed into groups to discuss the news amongst their friends. I was surprised that they accepted our story so easily. Dakota came over and wrapped Jason in a bear hug. “I thought you were dead!”
He grinned, but I could still see the pain in his eyes. “It’s good to be back. But we’ll have to catch up later. I have to talk to Piper.”
“Okay.”
Dakota kissed me when Jason left. One of her siblings yelled at us to get a room. “Thanks for getting Jason back.”
“No problem.” I saw Thalia stagger up from the trail that led to the beach. She was green. I remembered that she was afraid of heights, so she probably wasn’t a fan of the cliff. Nico was behind her. He looked bored, to be honest, and he spun his black sword while he walked. I saw Hazel, still holding her bow, begin edging over to him with her clip board in hand. Then there was Leo, who was twitching like crazy. He reminded me of Hazel. Every time he twitched, a burst of fire leapt from his fingertips. I was really glad Hazel never did that.
Last was Annabeth. She looked a little pale, but was otherwise okay.
That reminded me. “You shot my friend,” I said to Dakota. I didn’t say it angrily; it was just a stated fact.
She punched my arm lightly. “Don’t make me feel any worse than I already do! I didn’t know she was your friend: I thought she was a monster!”
“I heard that,” Annabeth joked, walking over to us. She reached out her hand like she wanted to hold mine. I took a step backwards, and her expression looked hurt. Those grey eyes…
“What?” I asked. Dakota had said something.
“Aren’t you going to introduce us?” The last thing on my mind was proper manners.
“Dakota, this is Annabeth, daughter of Athena. Annabeth, this is Dakota, daughter of Apollo.”
Annabeth gave Dakota a little wave before talking to me in Ancient Greek, a language I was sure Dakota did not know. “Percy, I have to talk to you. Alone.”
“Fine,” I said. If there was something important Annabeth had to tell me, I wanted to know. “Make up an excuse. I don’t want to hurt her feelings,” I responded easily.
“Alright. What are you two talking about?” Dakota sounded a little annoyed.
“Nothing,” Annabeth said too quickly. “I just, uh, wasn’t feeling well. I guess I told Percy that in Greek and didn’t notice. Sorry.”
“Dakota waved off Annabeth’s apology. “It’s okay. Percy, why don’t you take her to the Minerva cabin? I have to go check on Reyna anyway.”
“Vale, Dakota,” I said to her in Latin, just so she didn’t feel so out of the loop. She smiled, kissed my cheek, and jogged off into the woods.
“Come on,” I said to Annabeth. “We can talk in my cabin.” Her lips were pressed in a thin line when she followed me.
“Percy,” she said suddenly, breaking the silence. “Is Dakota your girlfriend?” It almost looked like Annabeth was bracing for impact.
“For the last three months, yeah.” I walked up the wooden steps and into my cabin. Was it just me or did Annabeth’s face go a shade whiter? It wasn’t like she had lost even more blood on the short walk over here. “Why?”
“No reason,” she breathed. She sat on the edge of one of the empty bunks. I sank down onto mine. It had been a long day. “Percy, what do you remember about your life before you lost your memory?”
I racked my brain, trying to think. It gave me a headache. “Not much,” I admitted. I was embarrassed. “I know that I was stupid enough to swim in the Styx, but that’s about it.”
“Yeah. But Percy, do you know where your Achilles spot is?”
“Sure I do.” I pointed to my foot. Duh.
The corner of her mouth turned up in a smile. “No. You got to pick where yours was.” She leaned towards me and reached around my body. Her fingers hesitantly touched the small of my back. “It’s right there.” It felt like electricity was coursing through the area she touched, and I wasn’t entirely sure it was because of the Achilles spot. I edged a little further away from her.
“Wow,” I said. I was at a loss for words. If I had told her something so dangerous about me, something that was the key to my death…I must’ve trusted her implicitly. “How did we know each other?” I was eager to learn about my life.
Annabeth proceeded to tell me about all of our adventures and my many quests. How we had gone to Hades and back to save my mom and return Zeus’ lightning bolt. When we were trapped on the thrill ride of love together with a bunch of spiders. When we had sailed into the Sea of Monsters to heal Thalia’s tree, and Annabeth saved me from forever being one of Circe’s guinea pigs. Then I had stopped her from swimming to her death at the sirens’ island.
She told me I had fought Atlas to save her and Artemis. How I nearly died for her in a volcano and ended up blowing up Mount St. Helens. How I left Calypso to return to my friends. How I went with Nico to the Styx so that I could defeat Kronos. How I had beaten Hyperion, the Titan of the east, the lord of light. How I convinced Poseidon to leave his kingdom and fight Typhon. How I let Luke kill Kronos.
Annabeth told me about all of my friends. Tyson, my half brother, who was working in the forges of Poseidon. Grover, Lord of the Wild. Beckendorf and Silena, who had both died in the Titan War. Thalia, daughter of Zeus- turned Hunter of Artemis. Bianca, Nico’s sister who had died on one of my quests. Rachel, a mortal that had become the Oracle. Zoe Nightshade, a Hunter of Artemis that died fighting Atlas. And my dog, Mrs. O’Leary.
As Annabeth talked, the memories started to trickle back, even some of the ones she didn’t mention. Annabeth had jumped in front of a poisoned dagger to save my life.
I grinned inwardly, remembering a time when Annabeth was trying to reattach a metal dragon’s head. I had told her something stupid like, “If I was going to pick anyone in the world to reattach my head, I’d pick you.”
Then I started to recall things that made me feel horrible. Annabeth had kissed me in Mount St. Helens. She had cried for me when she thought I was dead. And when I hung out with Rachel, Annabeth was jealous, but she still saved Rachel’s life. After the Titan War, we were boyfriend and girlfriend…
When Annabeth fell from the Argo 2, she called my name. Not Jason’s. Not Nico’s. Mine. And yet I had gone and betrayed her, cheated on her.
I forgot about you! My mind screamed. But what kind of excuse was that? Now I understood the hurt in her eyes when I had pulled my hand away from hers. She searched for me for, what, four months? And then I had rejected her.
I didn’t have a choice anymore. It wasn’t that I wanted it, I needed it.
Annabeth was telling me a story about Grover in a wedding dress. I leaned over and kissed her, hard. She was effectively silenced. My lips crushed against hers and I pressed her backwards; a sweet kiss that threatened to bruise. Four months apart, we had a lot to catch up on. Kissing Annabeth was like the last puzzle piece of my past falling into place.
The cabin door squeaked open. We sprang apart. Nico was standing in the doorway with his hand pressed against his forehead. “Aw, guys,” he groaned. “You just like making things as complicated as possible don’t you?” He stepped inside.
Annabeth and I were blushing profusely and breathing heavily. I would have to remember to breathe next time. Next time! The thought of it filled my body with warmth. Annabeth muttered something about getting to the Minerva cabin and ducked out the door past Nico.
Now that I remembered all Nico and I had been through together, I felt a lot closer to him. Still, it was a kind of awkward situation. “Not that I’m not glad it’s working out with you and Annabeth,” Nico began. “But I heard from around camp that you were dating that Apollo girl.” I guess I looked guilty. He took that as a sort of confirmation. “You have some serious issues, my friend.”
I rubbed my temples. “You think I don’t know that?”
Seeing my distress, he changed the subject. “Anyway, I came over here to see if I could bunk with you. They don’t have a Pluto cabin, and I couldn’t handle much more of Leo Valdez.”
“Yeah, sure. What’s going on with everyone else?”
He filled me in on the plan. We were going to stay here and leave for Greece tomorrow as part of the Great Prophecy. Leo had already set a Vulcan guy’s hair on fire, so he was not welcome there and was staying in the Jupiter cabin.
“And Piper’s at the Venus cabin. You know they only have like, three Venus kids? There would be a lot more, but they all died in some kind of creepy Ordeal thing.” He shuddered.
I had heard of the Ordeal. It was something done for campers when they turned 13. If you passed, you were allowed to stay. If you didn’t…well, then you’re in the Underworld. I kind of skipped the Ordeal when I got to camp because I was so old. “How did you know that?”
“I talked to the dead kids,” he said simply.
“Oh.” And he thought I had issues.

“And while you were ‘talking’”-he put that in air quotes- “with Annabeth, that giant wolf stopped by. Lupa. She confirmed what we told the Roman demigods.”
“Good,” I said, relieved. We needed them to believe us. Nico kicked off his shoes and made himself at home.
“I’m gonna go tell everyone back at home what happened today.” Shadows gathered around him and darkened my cabin. He shadow traveled away. I wish I had asked to go with him. To see my mom again, my home…
I left to go find Dakota. I didn’t know what to tell her. First, I had to figure out what I was going to do. Who to choose. Annabeth was incredible. We had a long history together that involved many brushes with death. She had risked her life for mine. How could I forget about all that?
On the other hand, there was Dakota. She was sweet, funny, and tough. A fighter. Dakota taught me archery, brought me to camp, and even spent countless hours trying to teach me Latin. How could I abandon her? She never did anything wrong.
Somehow, I had to make a decision.
big smile
This is so good! i love that Percy kissed annabeth:)

Percabeth 4evr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor Dakota, but I'm still percabeth. Ps. Wild the other be perkota or darcy?
Wow that's making things complicated
smile
love this fanfic!
smile
I'm writing the next chapter right now. When I originally planned to write my fanfic, I was going to include a part with an earthquake off the coast of Asia that would cause a tsunami. That was about a week before the tsunami in Japan. Creepy, huh? I took that part out of my story, FYI.
I separated the next part into two sections because it was getting kinda long. This is just the first half, and I'll post the next later.

Chapter 6

I was so focused on my thoughts that I almost ran into Dakota. She was walking on a path through the middle of camp.
“Oh hey, Percy,” she said. “I was just coming back from Reyna’s. They broke up, you know. After all that…”
“That’s too bad,” I said lamely. My thoughts were too jumbled up to think of something more sympathetic.
“Yeah.” Then her expression lifted. “Have you heard? I asked Lupa if the Apollo cabin could throw a party, to ‘strengthen the bonds of friendship between our camps’ or something, and she said yes! You’re coming, right?”
A party? “Sure.” Apollo is the god of music. His kids would know how to party. “Of course I’ll be there.”
“Great! Make sure all your friends come, too.” She gave me a quick hug. “I have to work out all the details. See you tonight!” Dakota hurried away.
That might have been the worst break-up I ever saw, mostly because it didn’t even happen. I hated all this relationship stuff. My life was slowly turning into a combination of Mission Impossible and The Young and the Restless. And I’m not saying I ever watch that soap opera. It was just my mom’s favorite TV show.
I tracked down all the Greek demigods (except Nico, who was back at the Greek camp). That involved going to the Minerva cabin.
When I walked in, no one noticed. The eleven Romans were clustered around Annabeth on a laptop. I raised an eyebrow, wondering why they had accepted her so completely. Minerva was the goddess of battle and wisdom, so her kids were generally hostile towards newcomers. But they acted like Annabeth was already part of the family. I could hear one of the campers talking. “And he used automatons to survive all that time?” he said, wide-eyed. Annabeth nodded.
“Annabeth, can I talk to you for a sec?” I asked.
“Yeah. You guys can look through the projects on this thing. I’ll be back in a minute.” Annabeth slipped out of the ensuing frenzy.
“Hey, Percy.” She glanced over her shoulder. “They didn’t like me at first, but when I mentioned I had Daedalus’ laptop, I was their best friend.” She laughed. I loved the sound of her laugh. “What’s up?”
“Apollo’s kids are throwing a party tonight. It’s kind of for us. I was wondering if you wanted to come.” I blanched, going over what I had just said. “Because, you know, all the Greek demigods are invited,” I said quickly, backtracking. I was so not asking her out while I still had a girlfriend.
“I’ll meet you there.” She looked pleased that I asked her.
A crash sounded from behind her. “Hey!” a guy protested. “It was my turn!”
“You’d better get in there,” I said with a crooked smile. “Before 2,000 years of work becomes scrap metal.” She waved goodbye.

Dakota’s party was amazing. I had no idea how she did it all on such short notice. Maybe she had the power to conjure party decorations.
I arrived at the party right on time, but I was still one of the last people there. The Romans lived such a strict, disciplined lifestyle. They were excited to have a night to forget it all. And you haven’t been to a party until you’ve been to a (i)demigod(i) party. The room had a full-sized dance floor and stage: the Apollo campers were performing live, of course. Multi-colored lights pulsated intermittently throughout the room. All the high-tech technology was courtesy of the Vulcan kids. Venus campers made sure the performers’ clothes were color-coordinated. Ceres children brought the food.
The last party I went to was with Thalia, Annabeth, and Grover. I almost died and Annabeth was kidnapped. Other than that, it was great. So you might understand why tonight made me a little nervous.
Dakota started the first song on stage. She sang “Good Girls Go Bad” with her half-brother Quinn. They were both incredible singers, of course; way better than today’s celebrities that lip sync all their songs. They were dancing around on stage entertaining the audience.
I scanned the room for the Greeks, and I had to strain my eyes because of the dim lighting. Jason and Piper were talking off to the side with their hands intertwined. Leo was flirting with Thalia. (i)Good luck with that(i), I thought. I turned my attention to Annabeth. She was standing on the far corner of the dance floor that was illuminated only slightly by the flashing lights. What I saw made my fists clench. The demigod jerk from my first day, Adam, was with her. As I watched, he put his arm around her, but she pushed him away. I made my way over to her, unseen. Adam started putting his arm around her again.
“Back off, Adam,” I said from behind him. My voice was like ice. “Can’t you tell when a girl says no?” Adam spun around and instantly withdrew his hand. Annabeth took a step back and stood next to me with her arms crossed.
“Oh, Percy,” he said nervously. “We were just, uh, talking.”
Annabeth’s lip curled in disdain. “Yeah, right.”
“Go find someone else to harass, Adam.” When he hesitated, I looped my arm through Annabeth’s and dragged her with me in the opposite direction. That direction just happened to be the dance floor.
“Thanks for that,” Annabeth said gratefully.
“No problem. Now I just have one more reason to not like that guy.” She rested her hands behind my head. With my hands on her hips, we swayed to the music.
“So,” Annabeth said, searching for a conversation topic. “How was life at the Roman camp?”
I told her about the endless hours of training. “It wasn’t necessarily a bad thing,” I pointed out. “Just different. And it made me a better fighter. With all the work I put into it, I feel like I could kill a monster with a celestial bronze rock,” I said wearily. She laughed. It sounded really good.
Before Annabeth had the chance to say anything else, a scream rang out from somewhere in the crowd. The music stopped. Quinn’s last words resonated through the room like a curse. (i)“Party like, like it’s the end of the world.”(i) .” Dancing ceased as demigods searched for the source. But I knew that voice.
Annabeth was close behind me as I shoved my way past people. “Thalia!” I yelled when I found her. She was kneeling over something on the ground. A body. My heart sank. It was Nico.
“What happened?” Annabeth asked sharply.
“I don’t know.” Thalia’s voice shook. “We were talking, and then he just collapsed.”
I bent over him. “Nico?” No response. No movement. His skin was ashen. “Medic!”
“I’m here.” Dakota appeared at my side. Or maybe she had been there the whole time. She put her hand on Nico’s head and murmured something: a hymn to Apollo.
Nico opened his eyes slowly. “Holy Hades,” he moaned. He sat up and coughed violently. We backed up to give him some room.
“What happened to you?” I asked. He held out a trembling arm and I helped him stand.
“We’re too late, Percy,” he said fearfully. “The War: it’s already begun.”
“What do you mean?” Annabeth demanded.
“Porphyrion just destroyed one of my father’s temples in Greece, the Nekromanteion. For some reason, I felt it. Gods, that hurt.”
big smile
Amazing amazing amazing !!!! I loved it and can't believe that the Romans and Greeks are getting along so well ( yay that's a good thing ) !!! And everyone get your weapons THE WAR HAS BEGUN !!! can't wait for the next chapter !!:DDDDDD
over a year ago Jas55jar said…
heart
OMG THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!
Here's the next half of the chapter.

My mind was thrown into overdrive. We were stupid for wasting time here at the Roman camp. We had to leave. I turned to Annabeth. “You and Thalia take Nico to the cliff. I’ll meet you there.” She nodded before brusquely taking Nico from me and shuffling off towards the door. “Jason!” I called. He was around here somewhere…
“Already on it,” Jason said from above me. The ceiling was just high enough that he, Piper, and Leo could be suspended in the air above the crowd of Romans. “I saw the whole thing. We’ll be at the Argo 2.” He left with them. I was never going to get used to that.
The Romans started running around in a panic, calling for their weapons and shields. Most of them had no idea what had happened. I wasn’t so sure I knew, either.
“Dakota,” I said, taking her hand. “I have to talk to you.” I led her outside to avoid the demigod mob. “This isn’t going to work out,” I blurted. There, I said it.
“What isn’t?”
“This. Us.” I tried to think of the fastest way to explain everything. This was the worst possible time for a break up, but it might be the only time. There was a very good chance I wouldn’t make it back alive. “My memories came back to me today, when I saw the Greek demigods.” Not the whole truth, but it was going to have to work for now.
“What? That’s great!” I really wished she didn’t look so happy for me. It would have made this easier.
“No. It’s not.” I closed my eyes. I didn’t want to see her face. “I remembered that I had a girlfriend.”
She was silent. Then: “I was afraid of that,” she said sadly. That wasn’t the reaction I had expected. “It’s that Annabeth girl, isn’t it?”
“How did you know?” I asked. How long had she known?
“I saw the way you were looking at her.” She cracked a smile. “And just now, when you were dancing with her? You both looked so happy..."

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for this to happen.”
“Yeah, I know you didn’t. You’re a good guy, Percy. But it’s just like with Jason, Reyna and Piper. Jason chose Piper, the girl he dated after his memory loss,” she said. “In a way, it’s like you’re choosing Reyna.”
I kind of understood what she was saying. “I guess,” I said doubtfully.
She kissed me for one last time. “Now go, Seaweed Brain.” Ugh. A Greek must have told her my nickname at some point. “I have to go calm a riot.” Dakota dashed back inside.
That was easy. Almost too easy. Did Dakota not feel the same way about me that I felt for her? Maybe I was just being paranoid.
Nevertheless, I ran to the cliff. Thalia, Annabeth, and Leo were waiting there. “Nico?” I asked, wondering where he was.
Annabeth answered. “Jason took him down with Piper. Jason said he was exhausted from flying so much today, so we would have to get to the Argo 2 with you. He was afraid he would drop us.” She looked down over the cliff ledge at the dark waters below. “We don’t have time to take the trail. You’ll catch me, right?”
I rolled my eyes. “Duh.” Annabeth took a deep breath before leaping off the cliff. I willed bubbles to form and cushion her fall so she floated gently down to the water’s surface. She swam over to the ship. Leo probably didn’t want to get shown up by a girl because he jumped after her and screamed the whole way down.
I glanced at Thalia. She was green again. This was going to be interesting with her fear of heights.
“Thalia, we don’t have enough time to walk…” I began.
“I can’t fly myself down there, Percy. And there is no way I’m doing that.” She meant jumping.
Thalia looked like she was on the verge of a panic attack, but I had an idea. “Fine,” I said curtly. “No flying, no falling.” She eyed me warily. I grabbed both her shoulders. “You trust me, right?”
“To an extent, yes.” But I knew she did.
“Close your eyes.” Thalia did as ordered. Still holding her, I took a step closer to the edge. She stepped with me. “No flying, no falling,” I murmured. Ah, loopholes. We took another step together and off the cliff. But we didn’t fall. A geyser supported us that I made shoot out of the ocean. Thalia probably didn’t even know we were off the cliff. The water shooting into the air provided a flat surface to stand on. Bit by bit, I lowered the height of the geyser. Were we flying? Not really. Were we falling? Nope.
I wanted to distract Thalia from the fact that we were suspended more than a hundred feet above sea level. “So where are the other Hunters? And don’t open your eyes,” I reminded her.
She held onto me a little tighter. “Artemis knew the importance of the Great Prophecy. She allowed me to accompany Jason and Annabeth. I left Phoebe in charge.” I continued to lower us while she talked. “We had a ton of new recruits after the Titan War, you know. All those girls are a real handful.” She sighed. “I wish Zoe were here to take care of all of them.”
I waited for a second before saying, “Hey, Thalia?”
“Yeah?”
“You can open your eyes.” She did, and looked down in alarm. What she saw made me grin. We were standing on the ship’s deck.
“I don’t even want to know how you did it, Percy. But thanks.”
I waved off her gratitude. “It was nothing.”
When Thalia went down the hatch, Annabeth climbed out. “You got all your stuff?” I asked her. She was still wearing a purple mini-dress that she probably borrowed from a Minerva girl paired with dark boots. I didn’t see how she could carry much in that.
Annabeth smirked and yanked her knife out of the back of her boot. That’s one way to carry your personal belongings. “Yep. And everyone’s on board. Jason and Leo already fell asleep. They were exhausted. It’s up to you to get us moving, because I’m not sure how to get it flying magically again. That’s Leo’s job.”
“’Kay,” I yawned. It had been a long day for all of us. I raised one of my arms. A mass of water collected at the front of the boat that mimicked my movements. I let my arm fall, and a wave hit the boat and pushed us off the beach. Mizzenmast, I said to myself. Again, my power filled the Argo 2, and we began to sail across the Pacific, much faster than a normal sailing ship should have been able to move. The useless paddles I left lifted out of the water.
“Alright,” I said while trying to wipe the sleep from my eyes. “I’ll be the first watch.”
“You?” She laughed incredulously. “You’re asleep on your feet, Seaweed Brain. At least let me stay up here with you.”
“Sure, sure,” I said, not having the energy to argue. I sat on the deck and leaned against the railing. Annabeth joined me and rested her head on my shoulder to watch the stars.
“I’ve been thinking, Percy,” she began.
“Yeah?”
“The Greek gods are real, of course. And now we know the Roman gods are, too.” She lowered her voice. “What if all the other gods are real?”
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“All the other mythologies.”
“Do you know what that would mean?” I groaned at the thought. That possibility had never occurred to me. “Celtic, Norse, Aztec, Egyptian…” There were more Hindu gods in existence than there were stars in the sky.
“I know. That’s literally thousands of gods. Can you imagine the demigods?” The idea was horrifying to both of us.
“Are you saying we suddenly might be attacked by sons and daughters of Thor?”
“Hard to say. It’s probably not even true. I mean, how could it, with all the conflicting creation stories?”
I considered the idea. “Well, you remember Pan, right?” Of course she did. “He disappeared because not enough people believed in him. So maybe if enough people believe in something, that means it's true."

We waited there the next few hours, watching the stars and mulling it over. The sun had just started to rise when Piper found us.
“Go get some sleep, guys. I’ll take it from here.”
With my eyes barely open, I stumbled over to the hatch and down the ladder. I found an empty bed and promptly fell asleep. I had another one of those prophetic dreams that demigods sometimes have. A monster that looked vaguely humanoid and like it had formed from the earth stormed into a stone temple that had tridents bordering the doors. A crash sounded, and I imagined a statue toppling over. My dad’s statue, crushed. I felt like I was that statue. Crushed to pieces. Intense pain shot through me, and I blacked out.
That was. .................... Wow I loved it it was

Wow
Amazing ..........................................­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­..( each one of those dots is a amazing awesome or spectacular :D) loved it can't wait for the next chappie !!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
over a year ago TheRedQueen said…
Wow post soon!!
big smile
Oh my gods so good!!!!! post more!!!!