올림푸스의 영웅들 Morning Peace

goddessoflife posted on Nov 02, 2010 at 02:05AM
Well, I've decided me being stubborn isn't helping much. I'm going to put Morning Peace on here! :D
But, I wont be posting much because of NaNoWriMo. I'll try and have the prologue up within the next week!
xoxo,
~goddessoflife~

올림푸스의 영웅들 56 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 56

over a year ago goddessoflife said…
big smile
Oh, and if you don't know what NaNoWriMo is, it's National Novel Writing Month (more like international). Over 90 countries are in it and this year there are over 200,000 contestants. Your goal is to write a 50,000 page novel in 30 days. That's why I'm a little busy this month! :)
big smile
Just want to warn you, this chapter is going to be short because I have to hurry. :(

Prologue

I stared at the clock, waiting for it to read ten. That's when I could leave.
My fingers tapped against the cold hard surface of the granite counter tops. Finally, I called out, "Mom! I've been ready to go since seven! Are you coming, or what?"
My mom rushed down the stairs, putting in an earing. "Why are you in such a hurry to get to camp, Delilah?"
I frowned down at the counter top and muttered, "The sooner I get there, the sooner I'll get clamied."
She shook her head, "Delilah, you know that's not true."
"Whatever," I replied, "Can we just go?"
"Grab your stuff," she said icily.

After a long, boring, silent car ride, we arrived at camp. This would be my second year and I hoped I'd be claimed.
I stepped out of the car and sighed. Grabbing my stuff, I turned to my mom and said, "See you at the end of summer." I began to walk up the hill and my mom drove away.
The sign above me said "Camp Half-Blood."
"I'm home," I whispered to myself, a smile crossing my lips.
over a year ago redhawks said…
big smile
Wow that was short. It was really good though!
big smile
I'm going to post again as soon as I can. I'm going to try and make the next chapter about 500x the soze of the last one. :)
~goddessoflife~
wink
DISCLAIMER: I don't, nor will I ever, own PJO.

Here's the first chapter! Oh, and I'm also posting this same story on fanfiction.net. I also started a new one on there called Speaking od Demigods...

Chapter One

I began to walk down half-blood hill. I looked up and saw Annabeth… running. She urgently knocked on Percy’s door. Percy smiled and said something. Then, Annabeth told him something. His face fell. She stepped inside and Percy closed the door.
I wondered if anyone had seen that besides me. I noticed Lauren coming up to me. “Hey,” she said.
“Hey. Have you seen Drake anywhere?”
“Why would I care where my older twin brother was?”
I put my hand on my hip.
“Fine. In our cabin.”
“Thanks!” I said, running towards the Zeus cabin.
I knocked on the door and it slowly opened. “Drake?” I opened the door a little bit further. I saw Drake sleeping on his lower bunk, black hair all messy. I tip toed up to him and pushed his shoulder. He stirred in his sleep. I leaned down and in his ear I whispered, “Time to wake up.”
“Mm?”
Finally, I pushed him and yelled, “WAKE UP!”
He flung up, hitting his head on the bottom of the top bunk, causing me to burst into fits of laughter.
“What the Hades was that for?” he asked.
“Aw,” I said, “You didn’t even say hi to me.”
He rolled his eyes and stood up, rubbing his head, “Ow.”
I laughed a little bit more and hugged him. “What did you do all year?” I asked.
“The usual. School, football. You know.”
“Nice. Almost the same, but switch football with dance.”
His eyes looked like they were just adjusting to the bright room. By the way, Drake has blue eyes.
Drake smiled at me and asked, “What’s todays date?”
“Um, June eleventh.”
“And that means tomorrow is your birthday.”
“Yay for me,” I said unhappily.
“What’s wrong with turning fourteen?” He asked, “It’s better than thirteen, at least.”
“I just don’t like the thought of getting older.”
“Aren’t you a little young to be worrying about that?” he asked.
“Not really,” I replied.
“Don’t you want any gifts? If you don’t, I’ll give what I got you to Lauren.”
I frowned, “That’s the only part I actually like, and you know that.”
He simply nodded.
I meant Speaking of Demigods. :)
over a year ago RickJackson98 said…
wow thats a good start to your story but is this the first book in this possible series or was there another one because I can't remember it and if so can you give me the title
big smile
No Rick it's the first book and that was really good!! I love your writing style.
laugh
Aww, thanks guys! That just made me feel all happy inside! Anyways, because you're so freakin' awesome, here's the next chapter (ohh)!

Chapter Two
That morning, I sat on the beach because I had nothing to do. It was arrival week, so you had the choice of activities or no activities.
Drake sat down next to me, “Happy birthday,” he said.
I smiled, “Thanks.”
“Do you want your gift now, or later?”
“That’s a rhetorical question, don’t you think?”
“Yeah, it is,” he said, pulling a small box out of his pocket. So, I knew it was jewelry. He opened the little box and I saw a gold necklace. The chain was very thin, and it had my initials on it: DBV.
I opened my mouth top thank him, but nothing came out.
He laughed, then put the necklace on me.
“Thanks,” I said to him for the second time today.
The conch shell sounded. “Time for breakfast,” Drake said, standing up. We walked to the pavilion together, but he had to sit with Lauren at the Zeus table. I had to sit at the unclaimed table. There were thirteen of us.
“I want me some food!” Alex said.
“We all know that,” Olivia said.
When I sat down, everyone looked at me. “What?” I asked them.
“Happy birthday!” A few of them said together.
“No, no, don’t go there.”
Olivia tilted her head, “So, the only person who can say happy birthday to you is Drake?”
I scowled, “But he’s my best friend. There’s a difference.”
“So we’re not your friends?”
“No, you are!”
“Mm.”
“Mm?”
“Mm.”
“Interesting conversation, you two.”
“Very,” I said.

What was interesting was the fact that Olivia got claimed on my birthday. Her mother was Iris and she laughed. “OMG! My mom is the goddess of rainbows! Psh! Proves I’m awesome!”
“Freakin’ stuck up girl,” I whispered to Drake as we walked through the forest.
Drake rolled his eyes, “Don’t let her get to you. The fairies will abduct her.”
“Since when do they do that?”
“Since I started watching this awesome show called Supernatural.”
“Oh?”
“Oh.” He looked at me for a few seconds, than above my head. He smiled. “Check it out.”
I looked up and saw…

Haha, I'm so evil, leaving you with a cliffie like that!
I know, I know, it's rude to just leave it and hope that you can figure out who her father is. Can you guess? No, really, guess in your reply! I want to see who will get it. If you do, you win a bar of soap and a toothbruch! JK, I wouldn't give you such a lame prize (I just heard Percy randomly sigh after I said that).
Disclaimer!
Finally, I, goddessoflife, own PJO! No, just kidding! But if I did, I'd probably be writing the sixth book, rather than HOO. (Did I just say that?) (No, you typed it.) (Oh.)
Now that that stupid little rant os over...PEACE!
I meant tooth brush! :)
over a year ago HecateA said…
smile
Nice!
A physical description would be helpful to guess... She dances, so I'm going to say Apollo because he is the god of arts, or Hermes, because thieves have this grace and swiftness to them (Apollo)
over a year ago partypony said…
smile
im guessing she's apollo too. but i dont think hermes. travis and connor stoll are NOT graceful. says so in the battle of the labyrinth.
Chapter Three

“Whoa…” Drake said, “I never thought…”
“Neither did I…”
“You do know this means you’re awesome…”
“Yeah, it does.”
The little emblem disappeared. “We should go tell Chiron,” Drake said.
“Would he approve of us… being in the forest… alone…?”
“I don’t really care. It’s not like we’re a thing. Even he knows that.”
I nodded, “I know, but people say things.”
“Whatever. Lilah, it doesn’t matter.”
“Still, I hate it.”
“C’mon!” He pulled me along and we headed towards the big house. Stepping on to the deck, I saw that no one was sitting at the table. I mean, the table where Chiron and Mr. D play cards with a bunch of scared satyrs. I looked at Drake and he mouthed, “Listen.”
I blinked when I heard the faintest voices from inside. I recognized a few that I’d met at the ball last summer. My father was here. At camp. He claimed me while he was here. I listened closely…
“But ancient laws say only three are allowed!” Chiron said.
I heard my father’s voice next, “So, Delilah can only take three?”
Rachel butted in, “In the prophecy, it clearly stated that five go, not three.”
“Case closed!” My father said.
“Drake,” I whispered, “Run!”
I’d say we made it back to his cabin record time. We stepped inside and Drake looked around. “Where’s Lauren…?”
I piece of paper caught my eye and I grabbed it. It read:
Drake or Delilah, (since both of you are in here so much)
I must say, I’m pleased. You two will fall for anything. What you’re wondering what you fall for is? No, it’s not Delilah’s father. No, not Apollo. He is Delilah’s father. It’s each other. What I mean is, you two are always there for each other and whatnot. If you don’t believe me, you just wait and see.
Just wait and see.
-L
“What’s that?”
I shakily handed the paper to him. His eyes became wide as he read it, “Holy crap…”
I swore in ancient Greek, “Why would Lauren do that?”
“To mess with us.”
I saw Lauren’s scrawly hand writing on the back of the paper. I took it from Drake’s gasp. The language was ancient Greek, but it was coded. I looked for a few more seconds. Darn dyslexia doesn’t even help me read ancient Greek.
Drake gasped.

Yes, I'm leaving you with a cliffie! Evil, aren't I? lol. Anyways, I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!
~goddessoflife~
big smile
You are evil!!! Anyways that was so good!!! Can't wait till the next chapter!!
I know! Actually, I'm still wondering what to do at this point!
smile
red stole my idea, both of you are evil :(
Kididng, you both rock! goddessoflife, your talent with cliffendings is legendary. I like that :D
Not Apollo? Dang it... I'm still goign with Hermes because I have no better idea.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Lightning98 said…
big smile
wow that was really good i am a little confused though... ugg you are evil!!!! i hate being confused
so is her dad actually Apollo... and i am a little confused about this Lauren chick!!!!! why would she do this
Does Drake like Delilah or is it the other way around... any who all of that was relly good!!!!
over a year ago Idunn said…
big smile
That was very good and funny.
smirk
I love you guys! I'm sitting here, reading comments, and all I can think is, "Aww, they like it! Yay!" Okay, just to clear it up, her dad is Apollo. That part was a little confusing, and I think I'm about to write a new chapter. (Two chapters for differeent stories in one day? Whoa!) Anyways, I can't think of anything because of my cliffie! I left myself with a cliffie. Complicated!
Well, since your waiting, I guess you could check this out. It's a novel that I'm almost finished writing (tear!) and it's about people who can control the elements. Oooh! Anyways, here's the link:
link
So, new chappie will be up soon! (I can't believe I just said chappie...lol.)
So, yeah...
ILY all!
~goddessoflife~
angelic
Disclaimer:
Me: I don't own PJO :(
Rick R: I do!
Percy: Whoa! I'm owned?

Chapter Four
“I can’t believe this,” Drake said quietly.
“What?” I asked, trying to grab the paper from him, but he pulled it behind him.
“I’ll show you later. Just look out the window.”
I followed his directions and stared out of the window. Chiron was coming. “Oh, crap!” I said, “I’m not supposed to be in here!” But it’s not like there was a backdoor, so I was stuck. The knock on the door was what got to me. Chiron would kill me if he knew I was in here. Drake walked up to the door and opened it.
“Hello Drake. Delilah.”
I waved and sat down on an empty bunk across from Drake’s. “Hi, Chiron. I don’t mean to be rude, but why are you here?” Drake asked.
“I need to talk to you and Delilah at the big house. It’s urgent,” he motioned for us to follow him.
I walked behind Drake. His hair was a mess. Had he ever heard of a brush? I’m not even a daughter of Aphrodite, but messy hair bugs the crap out of me. We finally made to the big house. Chiron led us upstairs and to the meeting room. My father was sitting at the table, having a fight with Mr. D.
“Go ahead and take a seat,” Chiron said.
I sat down opposite of Drake. My dad looked up, “Hi, Delilah!” He said joyously.
“Hi dad!” I smiled and acted like I’d known him for years.
The door swung open and Grover stepped in, followed by Percy and Annabeth.
The three of them took their seats and Chiron said, “Annabeth, could you please explain what is happening?”
She nodded and said, “While I was on Olympus, there were some… problems…”
“What do you mean by ‘problems’?” Drake asked.
“It has to do with the minor gods… they want places on Olympus, but, you see, some of the gods don’t approve. That’s where Apollo comes in.” Annabeth looked at my dad, urging him to continue.
My dad began to speak, “I’m on the approving side. We should give them spots, not in the throne room, but, you know.”
We all turned back to Annabeth, “He’s right. But, this could be World War Three. We need someone to prove that they deserve spots.”
“And let me guess,” I said, “That’s where we come in. Just one thing: why?”
“Drake and you…”

Not to long, but it's a small cliffie. Not legandary this time. Or is it? lol. Hope you liked it... and I bet you still want to know what that code is. You'll find out eventually.
Oh, and be happy, because I haven't been posting this as much on FF! (Gasp!) Why? I'm not sure... I think I lost my obsession with that sight.
And remember, check out The Trackers and the Trailers on WP! The link is above! Thanks guys!
~goddessoflife~
over a year ago Me5 said…
keep writting
big smile
I like that story!! I didn't know you were still posting those? I thought you had stopped for awhile. I'll go check it out!!

Well anyways.......That was a great chapter! I love it!!
smile
red quit stealing my ideas!
big smile
I just want to say... you are all the best fans EVER! I mean, last night, I couldn't stop thinking about how awesome you all were! No, really. Just had to say it. :)
big smile
So... I was looking at chapters from TTATT (which can be found on my Wattpad page. Link above!), and I dedicated a few chapters to some of my awesome fans! If you want one dedicated to you, let me know!
I dedicated one to redhawks and one to HecateA. :)
~goddessoflife~
smile
AWW! Thanks goddessoflife! I feel special!
big smile
Yay you did? Later I have to get cought back up on that story. I havn't had time yet but I love them. The multi POVs are really neat.
big smile
Now I feel special! :)
sad
NEW PART... not. :(
I'm sorry that I don't have a new part for you, I just have no time between figure skating, friends, the library, school and piles of homework!
Being a daughter of Athena, you'd think I would've finsihed all of this in study hall, but I didn't. :(
Oh well, new part (might) be up tomorrow!
~goddessoflife~
big smile
Chapter Five
(Oh my gods! A disclaimer!)
Disclaimer:
If I owned Percy Jackson, would I be sitting here writing fan fictions about him? NO. I’d be writing an actual book. Now you can read chapter five in peace…
I crossed my arms as I looked at all of my things. I was moving from the unclaimed cabin to the Apollo cabin. Thanks gods, this place was cluttered. As I gathered all of my belongings, I slowly thought over what had happened in the past hour. I had been claimed by Apollo, told that Drake, Percy, Annabeth, some person I don’t know, and I were going on a quest to help the gods decide if the minor gods got a spot on Olympus. And they were right, too. If we didn’t get them spots, this could be World War Three. Great. Just great.
And then again, Aphrodite has plans for me and Drake and to be honest with you, I don’t like it. He’s my best friend. Yeah, that’s very awkward for me and probably for him, too.
The only good thing is that my dad is there for me. He’s not like some of the other gods. He visits a lot and helps out at the camp every once in a while. It’s pretty awesome, you know?
No one else was in the unclaimed cabin at the moment. They were probably hanging out and doing as many activities that they wanted to do before requirements began. If I came back alive, I’d be doing those, too.
Swiftly picking up my bag, I went out the door and headed for the Apollo cabin. I opened the door and only saw one person in the large cabin: Lailie Fodder. She has black hair and big bright blue eyes that had specks of gray in them. She looked up and said, “You were claimed?” in a small voice.
I nodded and looked around, “Um, free beds?”
She blinked and stood up, “Yeah, the one I was sitting on. Has an awesome mattress.”
I smiled at her and set my stuff on the small bed. It was a lower bunk, but I didn’t mind.
“So, when were you claimed?” She asked quietly.
“Just an hour ago,” I replied, walking around the cabin and trying to figure out whose bed was whose.
She cleared her throat, “Cool.”
“Yeah,” I said, “I guess it it…”
She nodded and walked over to what I assumed to be her bed. “Lailie?” I asked.
“Just call me Lay,” she said.
“Lay,” I corrected myself, “Are you the one who agreed to go on the quest?”
Her eyes widened, “Yes,” She whispered, “I was chosen… but I don’t know. I mean quests scare me.”
I smiled, “You should come, I need to know at least one person in this cabin.”
The door opened and a boy named Mark walked in, “Claimed?” he asked when he saw me.
“Yeah,” I replied.
over a year ago Lightning98 said…
surprise
i am speechless.... i have nothing else to say
surprise
....so good....nothing and i mean nothing else could be said to even tell u how much i loved that
smile
:) Another great chapter! Poor Lay... Wonder why they chose her...
over a year ago Me5 said…
keep writing!
big smile
So sorry I haven't posted! I'll try and have a new chapter up by tomorrow, but I've been really busy between school, figure skating, The Fan Fiction Awards, and the 2011 short story collection.
Please keep reading! :)
over a year ago GreekRULES515 said…
big smile
Okay just read the chapter and they are AWESOME don't stop plz cant WAIt till the next chapter
I'll tey and have it up soon... but it's not likely. I need to do TTD, since it's coming close to the end.
But soon, it'll be out. :)
big smile
ok cant wait!!!
crying
WHEN R U POSTIN i cant wait plz post plzzzzzzzzzzz
You guys probably thought I died or something... I've been busy with my HP fan fiction on Wattpad. It's really popular and I've been putting a lot of time into it. Anyways, NEW CHAPTER!!!

Chapter Six
Being claimed was a lot of fun. I mean, more than I imagined it would be. Sure, I missed seeing the face of my old cabin mates, but I still got to hang out with them during certain classes.
Drake and I had been very busy trying to avoid each other lately. I guess Aphrodite was wrong- we'd neve be together. I still didn't want to be with hom anyways. He's my best friend! Or... was.
Even though I was thinking of all of this during my last day at camp and while doing archery, I never messed up. I always hit the target right on. I loved it. It's something I'm really good at, even if it's only because of my dad.
"I can't wait for our quest!" Lay said excitedly. Since I'd been claimed, she's been warming up to everyone- inside and outside of our cabin. Everyone loved her, probably because she was really sweet and could never hurt a fly. Okay- that's not true at all. She'd kill a monster in a second.
"Lay, we leave tomorrow morning. Not that much longer, you know."
"I know!" She said, laughing slightly, "I'm just so happy that I'm going! No one ever chose me for anything before!"
I smiled at Lay and looked down at my food only seconds later. I couldn't eat. I was about to have a mental breakdown any second. Why did I ever except to do this?

Sorry about the length, but I'll be posting tomorrow probably. I hope it's a longer chapter to make up for my sudden death. :| On the bright side, I'm not dead! lol... I'll also try to update TTD! Paix!
~goddessoflife~
big smile
Whooooo! GOOD JOB!
over a year ago Idunn said…
smile
Cant wait
over a year ago AmazingPercy said…
monkey
So there there is Lay,Derek and Delila
I love that there is Percy. You have to make him go on the quest he was the one who gave minor gods more power. Unless you have a better idea.
Post soon. It is very good.
AWESOME wish it was longer and y rnt drake and her friends anymore
Hey! I feel guilty about not posting, but now that I look at your comments, I feel like I could write the rest of the story today! Just a quick update- I posted chapters thirteen and fourteen to TTD last night. And I was nominated for my series The Next Generation (HP fan fic) for TFFA 2011.

Chapter Seven
After dinner, I walked into the forest and sat on a tree stump. The same one that I had been going to with Drake since we'd come here. What if we didn't come back? Who knows what's going to happen. It's making me jumpy even thinking about it.
If Drake was here, he would have told me to calm down and just do it. Because he's my best friend. Was my best friend.
Stupid Aphrodite! You ruined everything!
I curled up in a ball on the stump and closed my eyes. "Not fair..." I whispered to myself.
It was really dark out. I know I should head back, but if I don't I might not have to go.You know that's not true, a voice in my head told me.
So what if it's not? I challenged.
Fine, it said, do what you want, but it won't help you on your quest.
At this point, I was gritting my teeth. I knew I said yes to this stupid quest! And now look at me! I'm going mental!
I stood up and walked back to the Apollo cabin. If I had been the only one on there, I might have just slammed the door.
I feel onto my bed, but before I even hit the pillow, I was asleep.

The next morning sucked. I was woken up at five by Lay, who was holding my bag infront of my face.
"What?" I whined.
"You need to pack, Delilah!" she said.
"Why? I don't wanna go..." I said, rolling over so I was facing the wall and not Lay.
"Well that's too bad now, isn't it?" she shook her head and threw the bag at me. "I'll be at the pavillion."
"Whatever," I muttered, trying to sleep again.

Once I had packed, I set off towards the pavillion and ate quickly with Lay. Drake showed up only minutes after I did, so breakfast was very quiet.
"Ready to go?" Chiron asked us as I shouldered my backpack.
"Nope," I said, "But I have to."
"Yes!" Lay said, excitment literally dripping from voice.
Drake grunted.
"Okay, we'll get the car ready and take you to the meeting."
Meeting. Oh, crap. We were going to a meeting of the gods. I'm so screwed.
Ah! Great job! Very good. I love it!
smirk
I'm not going to post again unless I get feedback from four other people. I know it's evil, but I have to. It gives me an excuse to plan it and write when I have to. lol :)
~goddessoflife~
over a year ago ZoeNightshade26 said…
heart
I love your story!
over a year ago Jas55jar said…
big smile
awesome story!!!!!!!
mischievous
AWESOME wait y arnt drake and Lia friends?