올림푸스의 영웅들 Jason's 이전 life at the Roman Camp

theorder posted on Aug 25, 2011 at 01:36AM
hope you enjoy. please read and comment.

올림푸스의 영웅들 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago theorder said…
PROLOGUE
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-­.-.­-.-­.-.­-.-­.-.­-.-­.-.­-.-­.-.­-
‘Lupa. We found this one in front of the camp gates. He’s unconscious.’
‘Mhm. Interesting, isn’t he? Child of Jupiter.’
‘No way! It’s impossible, Lupa. It sounds like you already know him. Who is he? Test his strength before admitting him in. He might be a spy.’
‘Gwendolyn, he’s no spy. I received a message from Juno. His name is Jason Grace. I’ve been expecting him to come. Put the tattoo on him. If he dies, then he can’t come in.’
‘A message from Juno? Holy Pluto… but Lupa, he’s 2! Its way too young to burn the tattoo on him..’
‘Did you hear me? Put it on now.’
‘Sorry Lupa. As you wish.’
(few minutes later)
‘Lupa! No way! He survived.. and he didn’t even move an inch!’
‘Good. Now put on strike on..actually not yet. Wait till he survives this year.’
‘What are we going to make him do? Should I feed him some ambrosia?’
‘Put him in the Jupiter cabin for now. Yes, feed him some ambrosia. We want him up and training tomorrow. He is the key for the prophecy.
‘As you wish.’
(Gwendolyn leaves)
‘Child of Jupiter, what shall we do with you…what fate shall you and your sister have? Chiron..we need to talk.’ The wolf muttered to herself.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-­.-.­-.-­.-.­-.-­.-.­-.-­.-.­-.-­.-.­-

CHAPTER 1: I am hated on my 11th birthday

I’ve been training my butt off at Camp Jupiter for as long as I can remember. As a baby, probably. If you are like me (who is at a suspicious camp for weird people, and are hated badly) DO NOT READ THIS. Try and act like a normal kid, and forget you ever saw this book. If you’re not, lucky you. Keep reading this for entertainment.
So, it’s my ninth year at Camp Jupiter, and it happens to be my birthday. It’s the day where I get another strike on my arm (each strike represents a year survived at Camp) and the day where I get to be put in a Legion. There are five legions in total, and each camper who has survived until 11 years old are allowed to take a test and fight each legion leader to determine which legion to be put in.
I, unfortunately, survived. Which really sucks, because I’ve seen other kids like me who survive until 11 and get literally pounded in the arena. Not fun, especially when it’s your birthday. Oh, and I forgot to mention – I happen to be the son of Jupiter. Leader of the Olympians, and even the camp is named after him. Everybody expects me to smash my opponents, they’d go ‘Hey, you’re the son of Jupiter right? You’re the son of the king of gods. If you lose, wonder what’ll they do with you. Expel you? Haha..’
To make things even worse, I’ve never been good at anything. Like, I suck at archery, canoe racing, taming Pegasi, and practically everything except for Capture the Flag. I discovered I can do something – fly and make lightning. Whichever team I’m on wins all the time, but that doesn’t stop campers from hating me.
‘Campers! Today is a special day. It is Jason Grace’s birthday, a mark of another year and his day to take the Legion Test.’ Lupa growled.
Lupa is the leader of camp. She’s a wolf, and she eats anyone who doesn’t work their butt off. I’ve heard she can turn into a lady, but I’ve never seen her do that. She also assigns quests, but she’s never done that. Apparently something went wrong a few years ago and since then, the rule is no quests.
Groan from the campers. Mutters from the crowed started like a ripple.
‘Really? That boy survived until 11? He better not take my place as legion leader..’
‘Yeah, same here. Wish we managed to kill him before in Capture the Flag.’
‘I should’ve made my Pegasus eat him. Shame we don’t have a son or daughter of Neptune, otherwise we could get him or her to drown him.’
‘Campers. Behave yourselves. At 1pm sharp, all campers are invited to go to the arena and watch the fight. Legion Leaders are expected to prepare for the fight and do their best. After that, if Jason here survives,’ she looked in my direction ‘he will get another strike. Campers, dismissed.’
With that, Lupa left. The other campers stayed behind and started muttering again.
‘Lupa favors him just because he’s the son of Jupiter. Usually she gets the camper to get the strike first then fight, so the pain of the burn is still there.’
‘Whats so great about him? All he can do is fly like a lorikeet and send some thunderbolts. Wish he never existed.’
Suddenly, the sky rumbled as if someone said something offending. The campers looked scared, and most of them started praying, as if apologizing to the sky. The mutterings stopped, and all the campers left, giving me death stares while they walked out.
One thing was for sure – the test was going to be really interesting.
over a year ago pjlover212051 said…
big smile
gret post soon !!!!!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago lenorg said…
geat its really cool keep up the good work.
big smile
Next Chapter! Sorry it's really short. :/

CHAPTER 2: I try to get some friends
Time seemed to slow down. It seemed like forever until 1pm, and believe me, I was shaking all over. What will happen if I don’t defeat anyone and can’t land one blow?
At 12.30pm, I slowly walked towards the Arena. The Camp was big, the cabins were on the left and the Big House was in the middle of Camp where we usually had meals and meetings. The Arena and all the training grounds were to the right. When I arrived there everybody was already seated, and Lupa was there too.
‘Jason Grace is here to take the Legion Test. The rules are simple – maiming is allowed, but try and not kill each other! Jason will have to defeat one legion leader to get into legion four, two legion leaders to get into legion three and so on. On the other hand, if Jason doesn’t defeat anyone he will get put in Legion Five. Let us introduce the Legion Leaders to Jason Grace.’
Three angry and two kind looking Legion Leaders walked out from the other side of the Arena where I was standing, and Lupa beckoned me to walk towards the center line to meet them.
‘Hello Jason Grace. I’ve heard all about you, my name’s Bobby. Leader of Legion Five.’ I’ve heard about Bobby before. He was my archery teacher until I accidentally let my arrow hit one of his fellow Apollo camper’s chariot. He was really kind, and for a second I had hope. Maybe he could become my friend. Who knows.
‘Hii! My name’s Gwendolyn, daughter of Venus. I’m the leader of Legion Two.’ She giggled at the end. You could sort of guess already she was a daughter of Venus without meeting her, and let me tell you why: she strongly smelled of Chanel no.5 perfume, she had heaps of makeup (I mean heaps, the whole lot. Mascara, eyeshadow and other girly things), her fashion sense was HORRIBLE, and she is walking into battle in 2inch heels.
Those were the two kind looking leaders. The rest who were waiting to meet me….well I don’t want to know. They just had this look like, ‘How dare you make me battle a kid like you!’
‘So you’re Jason. My name is Dakota, daughter of Pluto. Leader of Legion Three.’ She said this while pulling out a wicked black sword.
‘You’re a child of Pluto…so shouldn’t you be in Legion One?’ I said stupidly. Usually children of the big three are more powerful than the others, so naturally they should be in Legion One, right?’
Her face hardened. ‘Watch what you say, son of Jupiter. You don’t know my past, that’s why. Everybody hates me like they hate you, except even more. Pluto doesn’t belong here, not even on Olympus. I was lucky Lupa took me in and made the Vulcan cabin build a cabin for me.’
‘Oh, alright.’ I said quickly and moved to the next awaiting angry leader.
‘My name is Hazel, leader of legion two. Daughter of Athe- oops. Daughter of the wisdom goddess.’ She said, straightening.
‘Whoa. Hang on a sec – Athena? Did you mean the Greek goddess?’
‘None of your business. Perhaps if you beat me in this fight I’ll tell you why.’ She said, smirking.
‘Sure.’ I said, trying to be confident.
‘C’mon punk, what are you waiting for? You have the leader of legion ONE,’ she emphasized the one, ‘waiting for a newbie like you. My name is Reyna, daughter of Mars.’
Let me let you in to a little something: making enemies with the kids of the war god is definitely not a good idea. Once, on capture the flag, I got the flag from a Mars kid, and believe me: after that, I couldn’t even hit a sandbag properly. The whole cabin got so mad at me, I swear my sword got a curse or something. Not good.
‘So, now that the introductions are finished let the fights begin!’ Lupa shouted in her wolf form.

hope you enjoy! read and comment.
over a year ago fman172 said…
I can totally imagine Jason going through this. But wouldn't Jason have at least one friend? I mean he's been at camp for eleven years and he's the son of Jupiter. But whatever your story.... again awesome!
Well, he's been separated from the campers older than 11 until now. Romans are more hungry for power so they're sorta jealous :P but he'll get friends soon don't worry