Psych Shawn and Jules "The Hook Up"

Councilman posted on Mar 08, 2009 at 09:17AM
Please keep in mind this is nothing more than pure fantasy, withful thinking, and speculation, and not real.

The scene opens late at night with Shawn at the Psych office working on his lap top at his desk when there’s a small knock at the door. He looks up and there standing in the doorway is Jules wearing a beautiful dress like nothing Shawn has ever seen her in before. She has a couple of large bags in her arms. Shawn stands up.
Shawn: “Jules. What are you doing here so late it’s nearly 10:00 clock”?
Jules: “I couldn’t take you to dinner the night we caught Mr. Yang so I thought I’d bring dinner to you”.
Shawn: “Jules I’m dating Abigail”.
Jules: “Shawn, One night with Gus along is hardly a date. Tonight he’s is gone for the evening isn’t he”?
Shawn: “Yea but how did you know that”?
Jules: “I heard him take the call from his mother inviting him to dinner with his folks, which I arranged”.
Shawn: “You arranged”?
Jules: “Didn’t you wonder why you weren’t invited to join them”?
Shawn: “That was you”.
Jules: “I asked her to do me a favor and she said she would. And she said keep it to herself just between us girls”.
Jules walks over to Shawn sets the packages down, moves face to face with him so they are no more than two inches apart.
Jules: “I had some things I wanted you to know Shawn. I’ve been trying to hide this from you since soon after we met, but now it’s time to be honest with you and with myself”.
Shawn Playing dumb holds his arms out to his sides as if to say what.
Jules moves in and kisses Shawn this time on the lips and they embrace in an obviously warm kiss that lasts a long time. As the kiss ends…..
Shawn: “Jules I’ve wanted to do that so 100 times. I thought it would never happen”.
Jules: “Me too and It’s going to be complicated Shawn and we can’t let anyone know. Not yet”.
Shawn: “But what about Gus, or”
Jules interrupts.
Jules: “For now Shawn we can’t let anyone know till the time is right”.
As they kiss again and slip on to the couch. As this kiss ends……
Shawn: “So what’s in the bags”?
Jules: “Well I first thought Chaloopas and Tacos but then I settled on Chinese and this”.
Jules brings out a magnum of Champagne saying.
Jules: “I’m off duty all tonight until 8:00 am tomorrow morning”.
Shawn: “I’ll get some glasses”.

Fade to black
Scene Two
Shawn wakes up blurry eyed looking around with a puzzled look not recognizing where he is at first. Then he stops and remembers as he begins to focus on things in the room. Like it’s all decorated like a woman’s place and smiles then sees a note on the pillow next to him. It reads.
“Shawn I thought you needed some rest. I’ll see you later”. Juliet.
Shawn looks at the clock it’s 10:00 o’clock. He dresses and heads for the office. Walking in he’s greeted by Gus who is cleaning up the empty food containers and glasses he notices lip stick on one and says…..
Gus: “Looks like you and Abigail had quite a night. Haven’t you been home you’re wearing the same clothes you had on when I left last night”?
Shawn: “I have some clothes here”.
Gus: “Well get going the Chief called and wants to see us down there ASAP”.
Shawn collects some things from his locker and goes into a back room showers and they head off to SBPD.
On the way in his usual tone Gus says…..
Gus: “I get to spend the night a having dinner with Mom and Dad and you get to”.
Shawn stops him saying………
Shawn: “Never mind. What does the Chief want’?
Gus; “She said she’d tell us when we get there”.
We now cut to SBPD and Chief Vicks office. Inside waiting are Lassiter and Jules.
Chief: “Nice to have you finally join us gentlemen”.
Gus: “I’m sorry Chief, Shawn over slept this morning he was off “.
Shawn: “I just missed the alarm that’s all”.
Lassiter: “You look tired Spencer you okay”?
Shawn: “I’m fine can we just get on with it. What’s up”?
Jules: “We have new information about Mr. Yang”.
Chief: “Yes and Miss Lytar called apparently your phone was off again. I thought we agreed you were going to leave it on just in case”.
Shawn: “The battery went dead and it was on the charger”.
Lassiter: “This morning the battery must have been out because O’Hara was unable to locate you with the GPS on your phone. We thought the worst”.
Jules: “He must have been changing batteries when I checked”.
Shawn: “Exactly”
Gus: “When did you get an extra Battery Shawn”?
Shawn: “Never mind Gus. It won’t happen again. What’s new Chief’?

Stay tuned.
last edited on Mar 14, 2009 at 11:43AM

Psych 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Councilman said…
As the scene continues we see Gus with a questioning look on his face. As the Chief goes over all the information they have and informs them there have been no new developments over night. Forensics was unable to find anything at the cave and the car they past on the way to the cave has not been seen. Gus leans over close to Shawn whispering….
Gus: “If you weren’t with Abigail last night where were you? And why would O’Hara cover for you”?
Shawn: “Cover for me Gus? Don’t be a silly Sponge Bob Square Pants type”.
Chief: “Are we boring you Mr. Spencer”?
Shawn: “Absolutely not Chief, I was just saying to Dr. Watson here ( gesturing toward Gus) that if we don’t get a break in finding more clues we can tie to a specific individual from what we already know our next move is going to depend on Mr. Yang. I’m not getting anything more right now. I do feel have something at almost any moment. And might I add that I was very pleased yesterday when you called me Shawn for the first time ever. It was like hearing you call Lassie, Carlton only better some how. It made me feel all warm inside”.
Lassiter: “Back here at reality central. We have teams looking into everything we know so far, checking the records for anything that will help on the New England accent, another checking to see if the cologne is sold anywhere locally. The car is still a mystery, but the APB may turn up something”.
Now as if on cue which he clearly is Buzz McNabb walks in.
Buzz: “Chief this just arrived at the front door”.
He lays a large envelope on the Chief’s desk with a Yin Yang symbol showing.
Chief: “You were right again Mr. Spencer”.
The Chief slowly and carefully opens the envelope removing the contents, and begins to read.
Chief: “T’was way to easy for you to locate Miss Lytar, this time
But when a loved ones life hangs in the balance you’ll need guidance from above”.
Shawn: “He hasn’t taken anyone yet this is a warning of an intended kidnapping.”.
Lassiter: “Great but who is it he’s talking about, Spencer’?
Shawn: “ There’s only one person he could be talking about and it means he’s been following me just like Catherine Tremell did. And now I have to ask Jules what should I do”?
Jules: “I think he’s talking about me Chief”.
Gus: “O’Hara! She’s the one”.
Chief: “O’Hara can you explain this”?
Jules: “I suspected Shawn’s feelings for me for a long time and I wasn’t sure until we did the speed dating and we matched 100 percent because Shawn made sure of it. But we never”.
Shawn interrupts.
Shawn: “I told her I copied her answers on the questionnaire and she left nothing ever happened. I was kind of embarrassed and that was the end of it”.
Chief: “Fine but what did you mean he must be following you like Tremell was”.
Jules: “We had dinner alone last night it was the first and only time, and he must have been watching the Psych office”.
Shawn: “That’s right I was thinking about someone else but Jules that puts you in jeopardy”.
Chief: “He’s never given us a heads up before and this time the riddle is not in the form of a rhyme”?
Shawn: “We may start to see a lot of changes from here on out Chief. Excuse me I have to check on something”.
Shawn moves out of the office and places a call to Henry to let him know what’s going on and to make sure his mother is many miles away. She is on a plane for the East Coast, and we see Henry on the phone with Shawn as he’s cleaning his pistol and assuring that he’ll be fine.

Until next time. TTFN

last edited over a year ago
smirk
It has been nearly 24 hours and nothing has happened and no new information on the clues they have has developed other than finding that May Lightly’s cause of death was asphyxiation.
As the next morning breaks over Santa Barbara we find that Shawn and Jules have once again spent the night together and now we hear two phones ringing waking them up. They sit up smiling at each other reaching for their phones and move away from each other at the same time as they answer. On the phone it is Lt. Lassiter in a conference call, also on the line waiting for the others to answer is Gus.
Lassiter: “I need all of you here at head quarters a.s.a.p. Yang has made a move and I don’t want to go into it on the phone”.
Gus: “Shawn I’ll be right there to pick you up”.
Shawn: “I’m not home Gus I’ll get there on my own”.
Gus: “Where are you”?
Shawn: “I’ll be right there”.
At SBPD we see Shawn arrive on his Bike as Gus and Jules also pull up and park. Once inside they see Lassiter standing outside the Chiefs offices.
Lassiter: “Get in here”.
Walking into the office looking around Jules says.
Jules: “Where’s the Chief”?
Lassiter: “This was slipped under my door about 30 minutes ago. Who ever left it rang the doorbell and ran off”.
Shawn: “He’s got the Chief”.
Gus: “No way”.
Lassiter: “I don’t know how he knows that but he’s right. I sent a patrol car by the Chief’s and her car is gone from in front of her house. I haven’t told anyone what has happened yet and we don’t have much time to come up with a plan. I found this Stop watch in her office when I got here. So we have a bigger problem than we thought before. We have a little more than an hour. I have two cars watching the Chief’s home to make sure nothing happened to Dennis or her Daughter, and I don’t want to tell him what’s going yet. I know they’re okay so far one of the officers I do trust said he saw Dennis go out and pick up the morning paper”.
Shawn: “What does the message say”?
Lassiter: “It says; I warned you this was coming now some will face grief.
And I’ll call all the shots as if I were the Chief.
So do as you’re told and just follow the clues.
Stay awake and alert if you snooze the Chief will loose.
The clues you might say are still up in the air.
The bell ringing answers have been hung with care.
That’s it. I can’t make any sense out of it”.
Jules turns to Shawn who is sitting with his finger to his temples.
Jules: “Shawn it’s up to you now, are you getting anything at all”?
Shawn: “Give it to me. We have to look at the key words starting with grief. Where would someone go who is feeling grief, wants stay awake, and alert, then there is, up in the air where a bell is hung. I think I have it”?
Gus: “Where Shawn”?
Shawn: “The old Mission bell tower. That’s where we’ll find the next clue”.
Lassiter: “O’Hara you stay here and cover for the Chief if anyone asks, she’s working on a case and is out of radio contact for the time being, and left you in charge. She’s done that before so it shouldn’t attract too much attention. We have to keep this quiet and we don’t know who we can trust right now. If you need anything use McNab, but don’t tell him anything unless you have to”.
Jules: “Be careful and keep me informed”.
Lassiter, Shawn, and Gus turn to leave but Shawn turns back to look at Jules who mouths the words be careful I love you.

Until next time, Good Day.
last edited over a year ago
smirk
Upon arrival at the Old Mission only minutes away they gain access to the bell towers and find a new message attached to one of the bells carefully remove it and retreat to inside the Mission to open it.
Lassiter: “Okay we found this in just a couple of minutes so we should have lots of time left to save the Chief”.
Gus: “I’m not so sure there was no stop watch with this message”.
Shawn: “Good call Gus. Let’s see what it says and maybe that will tell us more”.
Lassiter opens the envelope slowly and begins to read.
Lassiter: “Well you found it and it wasn’t far.
But that wouldn’t make any one a star.
Now’s not the time for great big smiles’
So far you’ve come less than two miles.
Now you’d better hurry or the Chief life is sunk.
And she’ll die for sure and that aint no bunk.
So you had better find her fast.
No telling how long her air will last.
For second best would be no way to settle.
She’s hidden with lots of other heavy metal.
That’s it! This is worse than the first one”.
Shawn: “Yes it is but we’ll figure it out. The last one used words inside the riddle as clues I sense this time it’s the words at the end of each phrase are the clues. Start with far and star. Ok stars are far away but both words rhyme with car. Then there s miles and smiles and, I’m getting nothing from them at all. So let’s go to sunk and bunk”.
Gus: “Skunk”!
Shawn: “No that’s not it”.
Lassiter: “Hunk”!
Shawn: “It’s trunk. The Chief is in the trunk of her own car”.
Lassiter: “The next two words are fast and last”.
Shawn: “There are a lot of words that rhyme but I think we need to skip them. I feel that’s the pattern. Let’s look at the last two”.
Gus: “Settle and metal rhyme with kettle, brittle”.
Shawn: “No, I think it’s not perfect by I’m getting hospital. The Chief is in her own car’s trunk in a hospital parking lot. It could even be a clinic or animal hospital. Lassie”.
Lassiter: “I’m on it”.
Lassiter picks up the radio mike keys and it.
Lassiter: “Dispatch Lt. Lassiter requesting clear channel for emergency broadcast”.
Dispatch: “Attention all units attention all units Lt. Lassiter has an emergency broad cast. Go ahead Lt.”.
Lassiter: “All units proceed code two, to the nearest hospital, clinic, animal hospital or Doctors office and search the parking lot for Chief Vick’s unit in the parking lot. Repeat all units proceed code two, to the nearest hospital, clinic, animal hospital or Doctors office and search for Chief Vick’s unit in the parking lot. Once located take no action report in immediately. I sure hope you’re right Spencer”.
Shawn: “Once it’s located have every unit close every street for 10 blocks around the location. Mr. Yang likes to watch and I’d like to catch the real one this time. Head for Santa Barbara General I have a feeling”.
It’s only 2 miles to the hospital and on the way over the radio we hear.

Till next time. Stay tuned.
smirk
And now without further ado our story continues.

As Lassiter, Jules, Shawn, and Gus approach the Hospital parking lot the radio crackles to life and we hear.
Officer: This is unit one Adam 21 we have the Chief’s vehicle in sight it’s in the east parking lot of Santa Barbara General Hospital over.
Jules: “Don’t go near it Adam 21 move slowly away from the area and take up a position to block Bath Street at West Mission. All units close in on the hospital and close all block all streets leading in the area”.
As they inter the parking lot they circle it before closing in on the Chief’s car carefully scanning the area for any suspicious vehicles or people. They then park directly behind the Chief’s car. And Jules goes to the trunk while Shawn goes to the driver’s door opening it and releasing the truck lid. As it pops open they find Chief Vick curled up bound hand and foot with a blindfold and gag not moving.
Lassiter: “She’s not moving”.
Hearing that they see her move and they untie her. And Shawn notices the unusual knots on both her hands and legs. And flashes on a page from a medical book showing a surgeons knot.
Chief Vick: “Did you catch him? He was here not two minutes ago”.
Shawn: “He’s still here He’s in the Hospital. He’s a Doctor”.
Shawn places his fingers to his temples thinking.
Shawn: “He’s a surgeon”.
With that everyone heads for the hospital entrance. Once inside the Chief goes to the administrator’s office as Jules gets on the radio and instructs all units to close in on the hospital and detain all vehicles and people trying leave the hospital.
Administrator: “Can I help you”?
Chief: “I’m Karen Vick Chief of police I need a copy of the schedule for all Doctors at the hospital”.
Administrator: “That information is confidential Chief”.
Lassiter: “This is an emergency and if Mr. Yang escapes I’ll arrest you as an accessory and for aiding and abetting”.
Administrator: “Here you are”.
And he hands the Chief a paper, and from his position behind the Chief Shawn sees the name of a Surgeon scheduled to start a heart transplant operation within the next half hour.
Shawn: “It’s Doctor……………

The finale when the story returns. Or is it the Finale?