Betty and Daniel 4.16 All The World's A Stage: Thoughts!

RpattzIsLove posted on Mar 12, 2010 at 10:31PM
Hola again folks!

Now as you know, with UB's impending ending, let's take an in-depth look at all the DETTY loving we can get, we, as viewers consider meaningful, regardless of what the writers are attempting to force down our throats with the "friendly/family" bond going on...

Now up to this point, we've only seen the promo for 4.16 (I LOVE the episode's name! Last week was Frost, now Shakespeare...) but, like many pointed out, it "looks" like Daniel is somewhat jealous of Betty's newfound love interest (not the February Fireman...) and warns her because of it that she could lose her "journalism license" whatever that means, credibility and yada yada...

So people, from the short excerpt we've got, what are your thoughts!

One thing undeniable though, for all DETTY shippers is the presence of Model Tyler, so finally, Amanda can cling to him instead of Daniel... Now we remain unsure how Daniel will react to this. On the one hand, he could go all immature like and ask for Amanda back even though they don't have ANYTHING serious going on, while on the other hand he could move on and have his interest focused on BETTY!!

Let's hope we haven't read too much into that promo coz we've learned that ABC loooves to mess up with our silly minds, let's hope we've got it right this time! Daniel is INDEED JEALOUS... My oh my, the possibilities!!
last edited on Mar 12, 2010 at 10:38PM

Betty and Daniel 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago detty4ever said…
It takes me ages to reply with all the school work that I have lately!
Anyway, I was actually very disappointed about this episode, until I saw the promo! What I particularly love about it is the look that Betty gives to Daniel at 0:20!
link

It's as if she gazes at the man of her dreams the one that she trully loves!
Anyone that doesn't watch UB and sees this promo for the first time could easily pass Daniel and Betty as lovers!Why do they create promos like that if they're not to put them together??

So, on the one hand we have Daniel who is still sleeping with Amanda and on the other, Betty who kisses a random dude...And we certainly don't find these stuff amusing!

But if you think about it, if Daniel didn't continue his hook up with Amanda, he wouldn't have found himself in Betty's building and in that sense he wouldn't have seen her kissing the new guy! Something that could create jealousy from his part!

So, maybe all these things are happening for a reason or maybe is just me, watching too much of "Lost" lately!

One thing is for sure: the Damanda thing NEEDS TO STOP! Hopefully Daniel will be the one to end it..

Now, I hope you don't hate me for mentioning this here, but I suppose you know that Mr Nightmare (aka Henry Grubstick) is back......And even though this doesn't necessarily means that he'll be Betty's end game, it definitely sucks big time that we'll see his face again!!!:-( Now I can only expect Matt to return too...What can I say? I don't understand what the heck Horta is doing!

last edited over a year ago
over a year ago RpattzIsLove said…
big smile
Oh girl, I know, been dying under school work myself, UB is a lovely ray of sunshine in my week!! Thankfully, all is due on wednesday, so I'm safe to watch it!!

OMG now that you've mentioned it, THAT look Betty gives Daniel is full of S-O-M-E-T-H-I-N-G more than "my friend just saw me kiss a random guy, I don't care" kind of look...

I applaud your little scenario for the Damanda becoming Detty...I'll add a bit to it. Daniel just told Amanda that everything is over & then (tactlessly) she just tells him she's with Tyler now & he's coming down the stairs of the apartment building and TADAAAAA!

Now this promo is implied Detty all the way, so if the producers just did that for NO REASON than Horta is as stoopid as I've always thought, more often than not. I don't understand a thing that Horta's doing either.. With Henry coming back (Here we go again...), Gio (I presume that Betty, Amanda & Hilda pass him in NYC's streets from some of the photos I've seen?!) we only miss Matt coming back from Africa with Malaria or something!!

I wouldn't mind soo much the Nightmare of Betty's exes making a grand comeback if I were at the very least assured that the DREAM / FAIRYTALE would for sure take place...
Yeah, I would love to see their meaningless hook up to end in the next eppy! And of course Daniel should first realize how stupid it is..However I just have a feeling that Amanda will stop it first..Anyway, I don't care as long as it ends for good this time!

As for the promo, that thing about the lisence sounds as an excuse to me..He sees her kissing that guy and the first thing that passes through his mind is that she might lose her job? don't think so! He just couldn't think of anything else to justify his reaction!

You craked me up with the "malaria comment"! I just don't understand what does Horta has in mind by bringing back all the exes! It makes no sense for Betty to be stucked in her past,instead of moving forward!
big smile
Now that's brilliant!!! Of course that would be one of the first things Daniel would think about!! So perhaps, it's only one "meaningless excuse-let's-ignore-the-elephant-in-the-ro­om&­quo­t; kind of thing, where he gets the first inkling of jealousy/feelings of a different kind for Betty!! Now I TOTALLY want this to happen, it makes soo much sense!!

Whoever ends it first is fine by me as for Amanda & Daniel. Done. And over with.

But you know they always say to take a step back to get a better perspective when taking a monumental decision, and perhaps this is why Betty has to reconnect with all of her exes in order to move forward (INTO DETTY!!!!) To realize that they were all frogs in comparison to Daniel & why therefore it is okay to move forward into Detty. That's my version of things...hopefully I'm seeing eye to eye with the writers but I seriously doubt so!
As much as I would prefer none of the exes to come back, it makes sense for Betty to take a look at her past so to realize that what she was looking for was right in front of her all along! And also to make sure that she has no felings for any of them anymore..I'll maintain Detty hope, until the very last moment of the finale!
laugh
Well said!! No matter what, I'm maintaining my DETTY hope, I've believed in far less likely things before!! Can't wait for tonight....I'm usually unable to do any homework that night as I'm anxiously waiting for 10pm
Well..Like half an hour ago, I saw the promo again and I'm starting to believe that Betty gives that I'm-in-love-with-that-guy look that I mentioned above to the new guy and not Daniel..:-( I hope I'm wrong!
wink
Oh hopefully you're proved wrong!! Okay, for a sec I admit I kind of got caught up in his philosophical mumbo jumbo, but this "infatuation" doesn't HOLD A CANDLE to the history she has with Daniel!! She got to remember & REALIZE this!! Like, hello, both of you, Daniel & Betty, take a look back in time & reflect on who has always been there. I know it's completely easy to say this coz we're outside, looking in, but I hope the writers at least know that...
big smile
YEAH!! SHE PUNCHED THAT DOUCHEBAG!!!

Oops, I'm just very glad that after the cat came out of the bag, she did what she wanted to do most & gave a swing into that pretty nose of his!! I mean, Zack couldn't even own up to the fact that he had feelings for her, what does it reveal when the person that claims to "love" you REFUSE to show you in public?!?!?!! Reputation & public image should be irrelevant in the face of true love!!!

She deserves better, she deserves to get what she dreams of instead of settling for what's ok. Instead of "ok", why not shot for "Wonderful"?!! *wink* wink* DETTY!

Daniel teasing her about her feelings for that (yet undiscovered jerk) play writer before she did the interview was sort of sweet!! But my god, I looooved how they turned that "journalism license" around & we saw Daniel burst out laughing like that! Cuuuute!!

And one HOT...Betty going off into lala land while writing her interview and imagining Zack's arm and tadaaa Daniel was standing right behind her the whole time & having his hand on her shoulder (halfway to having both of his arms around her...I'm a half glass full kind of girl!)

The not so cute though is the fact that Daniel is STILL clueless with Amanda & the fact that she didn't turn him down when he came knocking at her door...gotta admit, who could possibly turn Daniel around when leaning against a doorframe dressed in a gorgeous wool jacket?!! Now the writers are seriously running late & must give the axe to Damanda, like in the 1st seconds of next week's episode & jump into DETTY...the clock is not ticking...the timer tied to the bomb that is the season finale is!!

Btw I found this episode quite inspirational, about carpe diem "seize the day" (no matter if it was a jerk who said so), not putting all of your apples into the same basket a.k.a. not focusing ONLY on your work coz otherwise, at the end of the day, you'll only but end up alone (Willie might have missed the mark though by 182928302819218 miles LMAO, the woman's got ambition!!), Marc's kissing analogy (SWEET!!) & Hilda's lovely talk with Betty about having to stop constantly bringing herself down...

All & all, looved it!!
heart
Ohh and JUSTIN'S KISS!!! Now this goes down in tv history!!! The sweetest thing ever & it sends a WONDERFUL message to young & old alike that it's okay & acceptable to be gay. We need to be more open about this & be willing to discuss it in public. As long as it feels right then who cares what others think?! Major kudos for Justin!!!

worried
You definitely need to boost my Detty confidence here, cause I saw things in a different light..

I was like so excited to see Daniel having his hand on her shoulder! It seemed foreshadowing!

BUT Daniel seemed so cool about Betty kissing that guy, he was definitely far from being jealous..I was so angry that he was able to joke about it! This reaction of his made me think that the Detty really ain't happening! And yeah, I'm the same girl who was saying "I maintain Detty hope until the very end", but Horta never ceases to disappoint me!What I got from this episode is that Daniel isn't interested in her..After that scene, I completely lost my enthousiasm for this episode!

And the fact that he chose once again Amanda over Betty! He had the chance to speak to Betty about it! But no, Betty has no clue about the whole Tyler story! And he didn't want a meaningless hook up! He was feeling alone and he needed to hang out with someone! He establishes a very close relationship with Amanda..

I really doubt that we'll see them together in Betty's fantasy...

wink
Oh no, you're doubting even the fantasy?!!! I'm putting all of my hopes into that scene....coz if we don't get them at the end, then that will be the only detty we'll ever truly have..

Well, I might have come across as super excited in my review few minutes only after the show, but after the high excitement has passed, in retrospect, I loooved Betty's storyline & how she stood up for herself. Between the Detty & Betty alone, I was cheering Betty on during that episode while holding my breath during the detty scene..

Daniel & Mandy's storyline should've been done and over with, there's no denying that. They HAVE to end it as soon as Betty's lovely opening theme ends!!

The thing is no matter if I'm disappointed in Detty, with so few episodes left, I'm making the most of it! So I guess, I'm trying to not let the detty rule out all of the rest, coz the other characters are all pretty amazing in their own rights. We shouldn't watch every single second of the show with "Detty Glasses" and let our deception taint the other character's storyline. I'm trying to do so. There's only the annoying fireman, Natalie, Hartley & son... which I've truly been unable to stand, but the rest, they've been great!!

I hope it makes sense somehow...I don't want to come across as moralizing or whatever, but with so few episodes left, I'm gonna maintain my detty hope, but also I'm going to marvel at the other character's performances as well.
angelic
Well, now that you mention it, I'm definitely using those "Detty glasses"! I think I've come to a point that I've stopped enjoying the show in general and just waiting for the Detty to happen...I'm doing so, since the cancellation news..

Anyway there's no use in being such a downer, is it? So, I'll keep maintaining the Detty hope, besides a pivotal character will profess his love to Betty..Who else can it be, if not Daniel?
big smile
Well said, if the writers haven't even bothered to look in a dictionary for "pivotal" and dumps on us Henry/Gio, I'll scream or something!!

Glad my "Detty Glasses" made sense somehow, and hopefully you'll enjoy more next week's episode, no matter if not much is happening on the detty front...
But I think next week is the first episode they've filmed since the cancellation, so bearing the axe in mind, they should have stepped a notch EVERYTHING!! Hopefully!