Huddy For Pete's sake people! Have a little faith in your ship!

PotterGal posted on Apr 07, 2009 at 03:45PM
Okay here's the thing. I love Huddy. I ADORE it will all my shippy heart. And i'm definitely not the only one. So I need to get this off my chest because it's been building up over the past few weeks.

WHY OH WHY are so many of you freaking out about the prospect of a House/Cameron comeback?

Can it even be called a comeback? I mean, apart from a short period in S1 House never really RECIPROCATED THE FEELINGS Cameron had for him. Never.

Scene 1: The "Kiss" (and yes i used inverted commas for a very clear reason)
- Kiss. Stab. Done. Never talked about again.

That was it. WOW. How deep was that?

Scene 2: The Hug
- Cameron hugs House and instead of hugging back he says, "I've got to go to jail now".

Yes. Because that's better than Cameron hugging him i'm sure.

This is in no way meant to become a bitchfest against Hameron. I'm just trying to show you the clear lack of romantic feeling on House's part towards Cameron.

Season 5 has been so awesome for us House/Cuddy fans. Every single episode has given us some form of Huddy goodness and we've been flying high and enjoying it.

Yet when a promo like 5x21 "Saviours" comes around suddenly everywhere i go there's picks and forums about Hameron coming back and how Huddy is obviously now DOOMED. WTF WTF WTF. GUYS. COME ON.

It's like some of you feel so threatened by House/Cameron that you completely lose faith in your own ship. Forget how awesome we've had it this season. FORGET HOW DS SAID HAMERON WAS PLAYED OUT AND NOT COMING BACK ANYMORE.

So all i'm saying is, please guys, i'm sure people don't want to come onto the Huddy Spot to have to argue against just how and why Cameron is going to "steal House away from Cuddy" and how House is going to "forget Cuddy" now that Cameron is "coming on to him again".

*sigh*

I hope you understand what i'm saying. The house_cuddy community at LiveJournal has turned into this bitching Hameron fest instead of an actual Huddy shipping community and i really DON'T want that to happen here too.

You all know Huddy is awesome and THE OTP. So, you know, how about we all treat it like it's not some shaky, crumbling, mishappen ship that could fall apart at any moment and instead see House/Cuddy for the strong, banterful, deep, entertaining gorgeousness it really is.

Sorry for the rant. I hope you can appreciate what i'm saying and not take it the wrong way.

Huddy 26 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Gtalisa said…
Rant approved. Huddy. all. the. way.
over a year ago blaukat said…
yes we can!
over a year ago Ayma said…
Yessss! I don't get why suddenly some people just freak out with the promo.
over a year ago kellinator said…
I completely agree with all of this, thanks for making this forum PG. I don't understand why everyone is freaking out, the biggest threat to Huddy is that House will end up ALONE, not that he will end up with Cameron. Also, sometimes House's interactions with Cam make him want to run(hobble) to Cuddy lol. Remember Half-Wit? He would much rather grope Cuddy's ass then have Cam's tongue anywhere near his mouth. So yes, calm down everyone.
over a year ago Fabouluz said…
Completley agree PG. It's stupid that people are freaking out over it xDD

To the point were it's now getting VERY annoying, like annoying to the point were I can't even bring myself to answer picks or check the spots out :(

xoxo
over a year ago Ellen-smile said…
PG, you're my savior. I am sufficiently chilled out now. Okay. I'm done with Doomsday Hameron fear. I SEE THE LIGHT! My faith has been restored. Thank you. :]
over a year ago yunioshi said…
i agree with everything you said, completely 100%. however, for me it wasn't so much losing faith it's that while the ship will never ever ever end (because they're only meant for each other obviously) we know it's not going to end well (after the smex anyway) according to shore, so knowing that their always going to be on rocky ground and knowing that they're too dysfunctional for their own good throwing this hameron in shakes up the already dysfunctionality of it all. in no way shape or form would i ever give up on Huddy or think that they're doomed. however it does add another element into the mix when from the latest spoilers we know that chameron are nearly kaput, according to ausiello, then again, there's the rumor of the wedding which makes you wonder if it's all just a bait and switch!

thanks for this though, i enjoyed reading and it chilled me out more. :)
over a year ago houseluva8 said…
I agree 100% even if Cameron does still "love" House. Like you said he doesn't recipricate the love. The thought of Huddy leaving or being forgotten never really entered my mind last night as I watched the promo. I was just like Cuddy called her out o well. Anyway question... What does OTP mean? =/
One true pairing :)

xoxo
over a year ago houseluva8 said…
Thank you very much! =)
over a year ago babybell said…
dude i'm so glad i told you to write this forum ;) my article is going well and i will have it out asap but i have to meet all my mums friends tomorrow so maybe not then. If anyone has a problem with this they will get a verbal bashing so hard you will wishyou just saw hameron sex, savy?
over a year ago ilurvedward said…
agree with everything PG!!!!! i think of myself as an optimist....and after waiting nearly five years for Huddy....i refuse to freak out over one little promo! thanks for voicing my feelings:))
over a year ago huddysmacked said…
I agree Pg but I freak out because KJ and DS they change from day to night in one second and anything is possible in House and I just posted this pick but I swear I wasn't here for 4 days so I haven't seen the promo and I haven't read this thread and whatsoever so I'm sorry but I know Huddy will be the king of all ships but I was just shocked. I'm so shocked still and I was crying and I was like go to hell Hameron and DS and KJ but well I survived 3 seasons with Hameron I can do it again.
Srsly?? You're worried??

They playing us, because they know how serious it is to us as Huddy fans. They want us to doubt, because they want us to be surprised when we see it :)

Hameron is a no go zone, DS hates the idea of Hameron.

Huddy isn't neccesserily the King of all ships; but it is the most plausible and the one that has slowly grown over time. It hasn't been rushed into like some others we know about (Chameron and 14) Huddy has been considered seriously, and delicatley. So we have to be confident since this is the one relationship on the show they have worked hard on since the very beginning.

xoxo
I was, I mean I know DS doesn't like Hameron but... IDK I was just shocked. And Lol for me it's the king of the ships hahaha. But now I know it will happen, I have faith in my ship and well I just can't wait anymore!!!!
over a year ago housecuddy4ever said…
Evie I don't take this the wrong way.I love you and I'm glad your not bitching about this Cameron/Hameron ordeal.Your respecting the ship you love.And keeping faith in it.
As OM put it,I swing from Huddy to Hameron AND back again.I put my faith in both Huddy and Ham.And this place feels very anti-Ham/anti-Cam.And that makes me worried.The bashing is getting pretty heavy and it makes me back into the Ham spot.Which some of the Huddy's(Huddies?Help me with the plural of the word!) hate.And I'm writing a peace article which sounds like crap to me(what working of mine doesn't sound like crap to me?).
I love Huddy with a passion and now I'm starting to love Ham with the same amount of passion.And I'm getting worried that I'll be booted out of the one spot I love.I'm putting all my faith into KJ,DS,and the show's writers.I'm getting tired of all the bitching and bashing of Ham and Cameron(WTF?).All because of 1 little promo people lash out on Cameron and Ham.I find this very ignorant(sorry,no offense don't need more people getting pissed at me) and childish.

*sighs*I just needed to get that out.As many times as I speak my short tempered mind,I feel like no one is listening.But knowing you Evie,you are and that makes me full of confidence when posting this :)
over a year ago EnjoyHuddy said…
mischievous
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! WELL SAID PG!!!
I mean, maybe theres going to be a bit of Ham during the next eps, but we all know that , at the end, Huddy WILL be the one to rule!
MUHAUHAUHAUHAUAH!!
Next episode looks like a Huddy ep.

xoxo
Yes it does!!!!
HC4E, who's bashing who?? Nobody if I remember has said WE HATE CAMERON. I mean we're worried 'bout Hameron because we like Huddy I think that's normal but I don't think we're bashing or bitching. Probably a comment or two might be bashing Hameron but I mean you're in a Huddy spot, we cannot say we love Huddy over the Ham spot because they'll eat us.
I don't know if I'm making sense but I apologize in name of all Huddies if we have bashed Ham/Cam. I don't think that's the situation here but anyway. I like Cameron she isn't my fav character but she's important to House and to Chase and to the show. So well peace between ships 'cause if there was something I liked bout FP is that there were no stupid ship wars.
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
laugh
LOL! While I disagree with the "House never liked Cameron anyway" and the "Hameron could never happen" arguments, I do think that people panic unnecessarily sometimes. But I have the luxury of being a Hameron and a Huddy fan, so neither senario bothers me!

over a year ago babybell said…
big smile
it's not that he never liked cameron anyways, because in a Housain way he does (as he likes all his ducklings) and he has eyes, so he must of thought she was pretty, he just never... i don't think he thought it was worth it. Worth the risk, the heart ache, etc etc. He never felt for her of let her act the way he does towards Cuddy, but she gave in too easily or just feel in love with him and that ruins the whole fun of it all. I really don't he he ever had the kind of time for her, and he would never let her act like he let Cuddy act last ep without some major questioning.
I completley agree bb, House prefers the cat and mouse effect. Cameron is upfront about her feelings, which ofcourse makes House feel uncomfortable since he isn't like that. Cuddy is like House, she likes the whole cat and mouse thing too and doesn't find it frustrating since Cuddy isn't open about her feelings either.

xoxo
over a year ago oldmovie said…
LOL I think I missed something, has there been a lot of bitching about Hameron? If so come on people, no need to resort to bashing, its not like we've had anything to complain about this season.

If anything I think the next episode will further boost Huddy, you've all seen the new clips right? Why is everyone flipping out, Cameron's presence in House's office has never led him to jump her before, why now?
I don't think there has been bashing, I know I haven't, but some Huddy fans are just a bit worried and nervous about the next ep because of the promo pictures.

I agree, there is no need to worry. :)

xoxo
smile
I agree and no OM there has been no bashing.
over a year ago HuddyCrazy1331 said…
rainy
Why oh why am I always late to these things? *sighs* *walks away in pouring rain*