Huddy Wilson/Cuddy/House

rosehustle1 posted on Jan 27, 2009 at 04:17AM
I think Wilson is a great friend to Cuddy but is there a reason we keep seeing so many scenes between them and not between Wilson and House? I almost wonder if this connection between Wilson and Cuddy will develop in to something more later on. Neither of them are looking for this to happen but she does seem to always be with him when it comes to her baby stuff and personal feelings.
I know Huddy will get it on later this season but DS has said he won't make it a happy ending so it makes me wonder if Wuddy could happen at the very end of the season as a surprise to all parties involved.
I just get this sense that Wilson misses being needed by a woman, Cuddy wishes she had a father figure type for Rachel, and sometimes when I see them together they look like a family.
It definitely would be a surprise. Again, I don't think it is something Cuddy or Wilson is consciously doing but maybe it is something that kind of blossoms on its own. This could be what brings Huddy out-i.e. House's jealousy, or it's what ends Huddy-i.e. Cuddy wants to give Wilson a real try because he is conventionally the better choice for her daughter's potential father figure.

Huddy 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago PotterGal said…
smile
I really really don't think that - right now - the writers are trying, intentionally or not, to set us up for a Wuddy relationship. Personally, i don't mind Wuddy, but not at the expense of House and Cuddy's relationship. I much prefer Wilson/Cuddy friendship and that's why i loved their interaction in "Big Baby". Wilson was so sweet, thoughtful and caring towards Cuddy and i really think it was just genuine friendship and nothing more. I got severely pissed off today after i watched the episode because i went on some websites and saw many comments from fans that said Wilson was just doing all this for Cuddy because he, and i quote, "wanted to get into her pants" and that also in that scene where they sit next to each other on the couch that he was "inappropriately close". *rolls eyes*
A male and female can be close friends without ever getting into a relationship and as it stands now i do think that's how Wilson and Cuddy's relationship is staying: as very close friends who care deeply about one another. :)
over a year ago thatship said…
I think it's posible that D.Shore wants play with this triangle.House thinks that Wilson is interested in Cuddy and I think they are just friends, there isn't sexual chemistry between them but, it's posible that Wilson could be involved. Now she is the queen of the need (Baby,House,Hospital...) And we know what happens to Wilson about it...

Maybe House get jealous by their relationship, and around that develops Huddy-sex...It's one among many possibilities that David Shore maybe working...I don't Know.

over a year ago rosehustle1 said…
Yeah, I just think it's weird that the last two episodes had no scenes between House/Wilson but there were Wilson/Cuddy scenes. I also think it's strange how in Lucky Thirteen, Wilson and Cuddy are standing together in the baby shop and almost look like a couple. Wilson at her home checking up on her was so sweet but again if I had never watched the show I'd think they were together. I guess I'm just wondering if this subtle stuff is a hint to something later. Or is this setting up a strange dynamic in which Cuddy emotionally opens up to Wilson but has all the romantic exchanges with House and this cause tension amongst the three later.
over a year ago Fabouluz said…
Rosehustle1. I think that you are looking too much into the close friendship that they have. Wilson is close to Cuddy and is sort of a mediator between both House and Cuddy whenever they have a bust-up or need a push in the right direction.

Wilson deviates towards the 'needy' since he loves to help people and make them feel better and Cuddy obviously in 'Big baby' needed help and Wilson may be the only person she feels she can talk to on a personal level; since House wouldn't feel any sympathy for her and she is too much of a strong person to let her guard down with other employees.

I think DS in the episode wanted us to see the Cuddy/Wilson relationship as more informal than previous Wilson/Cuddy scenes were it was in a formal setting.

Whoever thinks that they are 'more than friends' obviously does not understand the complexity of the show, and does not understand the writers.

xoxo
over a year ago rosehustle1 said…
Fabouluz, there is no need to be condescending. I was merely posing a question. I noticed a subtle shift and wondered if there was anything to it. I like Huddy alot but that doesn't mean I close my eyes to other possibilities. I also said twice that I know they are great friends and that I don't think that it is a conscious intention between them as of late. I only thought that because they are so emotionally connected it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to speculate whether they may be together later on. I don't think it shows a lack of understanding of the show or the writers to wonder about these things. I think the writers create a certain ambiguity when it comes to the Wilson/Cuddy relationship for the purpose of showing the differences between the House/Cuddy relationship.
over a year ago Fabouluz said…
I was merely conveying my point rosehustle1 and I'm sorry if I sounded mean but I just don't think that the writers will do a u-turn and decide to create a Wuddy relationship.

xoxo