Huddy About Cuddy's past

marjce77 posted on Jan 02, 2009 at 05:06PM
I was rewatching Humpty Dumpty and I noticed that Stacy tells this words to House about Cuddy's guilt feelings for the patient: "You know her. She has trouble with these situations, feels personally responsible".
So, I was wondering what is Stacy talking about. Do they both (House and Stacy) know something about Cuddy's past that makes her feel always responsable? Was she talking about the infartion situation?
What do you guys think?
last edited on Jan 02, 2009 at 05:07PM

Huddy 17 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago pumpkinpie99 said…
yer i think that they were talking about the infarction almost definately
over a year ago thatship said…
I think that, She's always felt guilty about the House infartion...I'm sure. I would prefer say "I'm Shore" for offer you Huddysex in next episodes, but the only thing I can say is "I'm sure, that the Huddy is a fake:D"

over a year ago MoniBolis said…
I honestly don't know, they make it seem as they are talking about the infartion
over a year ago Fabouluz said…
I think its the infarcation, but Stacy was unusally friendly with Cuddy. Because in 'Three stories' they didn't look like friends. I don't know :s.

xoxo
over a year ago MoniBolis said…
And beside we don't knoe much about Cuddy past in general
over a year ago salemslot said…
I doubt it's the infarction.If she felt guilty,she would never joke around about him not being able to run or walk.I think it's sth bigger,concerning a screw-up she did in the past before becoming Dean.
over a year ago huddyislove said…
I agree with you salemslot, Cuddy doesn't find herself responsible for the infraction
I like your idea salemslot. Cuddy may have had some past troubles which have yet to come to light.

xoxo
over a year ago oldmovie said…
hhmmmm........I'm not sure Cuddy feels resonsible for the infarction either. I think she may feel pangs of guilt when House's pain is particularily bad otherwise would House pull down his pants in "Skin deep" to manipulate her into giving him Morphine?

I think Stacy just knows that Cuddy gets attached to her patients in general, I think its kind of a repeating thing rather a one time thing that went horribly wrong, but I can see that as well. But I'm not sure that particular quote was reference to the infarction, Stacy wouldn't have the nerve to remind House of that.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago PotterGal said…
I'm completely mixing up fanon with canon right now because in most/all of the Huddy fics i read, Cuddy always feels responsible for the damage done to House's leg. *slaps self for reading so much ff)

Hmmm..but i've always had the impression that - on the show as well - Cuddy DOES feel slightly responsible for the results of House's surgery. I mean, this is a woman with such a huge guilt complex - i find it hard to believe that she wouldn't hold herself even a little responsible for what happened to him as she was his attending.

It's like Om said though: i think this guilt becomes more apparent in situations like the one in "Skin Deep" when House asked her for the shot
of morphine.

The thing is, when she jokes with House about his leg i think part of it is her trying to rid herself of that guilt or at least, to a certain extent, try and relieve some of the guilt with light-heartedness. Or maybe, it's even to try and show House that she doesn't feel guilty over what happened even though really, she does (well in my eyes she does anyway).

But yeah, gosh i totally diverged from the original question, lol. I think when Stacy said that she WAS referring to House and his infarction. In fact, i thought that "Humpty Dumpty" had a lot of parallels in it's storyline to that of Cuddy's role in House's surgery. There was that one scene when you can really see the tamped down guilt she feels - when House was yelling at her in the hospital hallway after they left Stacy's office.

Cuddy: He's not like us.
House: What?! Can't work as a cripple?!

And then the look in Cuddy's eyes. I just really do feel that it was guilt coming to the surface about House's leg which later showed itself again when Alfredo lost his hand. Parallels, parallels: i love them ;)

And also, generally, i think that Stacy also knows Cuddy well enough to know that she gets emotionally attached to people easily and that's also why she told that to House. :D
over a year ago huddyislove said…
omg PotterGal...I am so not going to read your comment...it's so long xD...
sorry... xD
I agree PG. I love your comments as always :D

xoxo
over a year ago oldmovie said…
PG you just totally owned this forum! *bows down*
I retract my previous statement, you have totally swayed me lol.
over a year ago Sweet_Pants said…
true:)
over a year ago Blue24 said…
WOW, PG :)
I'm impressed.
Some people just can put their thoughts into words! You're comment is simply AWESOME.
You're so right about Cuddy feeling guilty for the infarction! But she shouldn't feel like that! She saved his LIFE.

Well, that's not about what she should be feeling, but about what she does feel... So I'll just shut up :D
over a year ago thatship said…
I'm agree with PG!!! I'll not add anymore xD
over a year ago PotterGal said…
LOL, thanks guys. ;)
Blue24 - I completely agree with what you said about Cuddy not suposing to feel guilty. I think House realises this guilt too and sometimes uses it to his advantage. But yeah, she SHOULDN'T feel guilty. She saved his life. Poor Cuddy.