Huddy ~Attention all Huddy fans~

oldmovie posted on Jan 01, 2009 at 06:38PM
Now before I start, please don't take offense from anything I say, and I kind of feel like a bitch posting this, but it needs to be said.

I've recently been hesitant about coming to the Huddy spot because I find that it has sort of descended into a world of spam. Not that there aren't intelligent conversations going on, and truly interesting topics being discussed, but I find a lot of what is going on here can be attributed to fan girls screaming "OMG NO F*&%^& WAY" (I too am guilty of this) and some of the intelligence, dare I say it, has been lost along the way.

One of the biggest concerns for me and well PG (she goes freaking "anal" to quote her) is the amount of spam that goes on here now. I know for many of you the Huddy spot is a home away from the House spot, and as picks have proven, many of you spend more time here than in the House spot. But people, this is the Huddy spot, for discussing Huddy and having Huddy related content. Not Wilson icons, or Cast member photos or anything like that. Please try to keep it as Huddy otherwise than what's the point in having a Huddy spot, if it’s just going to be Huddy shippers discussing House away from the House spot, frankly it seems like some sort of weird Huddy conspiracy.

Just one more point before I end my dictatorship of the Huddy spot. I'm not trying to sound condescending (and by saying that I guess I come out that way) but there's a fine line between analyzing a scene and well reading way too far into it. I know I am a huge culprit of being self indulgent and probably reading way too far into things, but certain scenes like say October/ October in "Act your Age" can be over-analyzed but scenes like say Cuddy saying something like "I'll get right on it" doesn't mean I'm going to ride you all night.
Again please don’t take offense from what I said, I merely want to return the Huddy shippers back to the most intelligent of the shippers :)

Oh and to quote BB as a joke “"BB will beat you up if you don't change NOW"

Huddy 16 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago PotterGal said…
Well i have to say i'm so glad that something was finally said about this "situation", for lack of a better word. :)
I used to be on the Huddy spot so much more than the House Spot but lately i just find myself unable to comment on certain picks and pictures around this spot. Like Om said, i get really anal about things being posted in the wrong spot (especially if it's in this spot) and it's kind of off-putting to come to the Huddy spot and see naked pictures of Hugh Laurie's rear-end (just an example, please don't take offense)
So, thanks so much for starting this forum Om, (lmao, i'm acting like i had no idea you were going to do this.) and hopefully the Huddy spot can return to its former "glory". :D
over a year ago pumpkinpie99 said…
"Cuddy saying something like "I'll get right on it" doesn't mean I'm going to ride you all night"

hahahaha im so sorry i hadn't seen this and that made me laugh

i totally agree OM i would reli appreciate a bit less of it i swear its only recent it never used to be this bad did it?
OMFG im so so so so so so sorry i didn't realise that i had posted a wilson icon IM SO SORRY i hadn't realised
IM RELI SORRY :'(
i PROMISE i'll take more care next time
:S
over a year ago oldmovie said…
Pkp I wasn't attacking you directly, in fact I actually tried to pick very general things, in fact I had no idea it was you lol.

Please don't worry about it, I'm not going to cut off your head, and I don't want everyone thinking I've got some sort of secret police (BB is the captain in case any of you were wondering who to bribe) running around the Huddy spot reporting on everything.

I feel like I was so intimidating......:(
no u weren't lol im always like this
i hate the thought of upsetting someone its just the way i am :)
anyway i removed the wilson icon
there are a lot of random forums being posted aren't there?
lol to be honest I've stopped checking them out, any examples?
over a year ago babybell said…
thats because you are intimdating om. ITs that thing i was talking about earlier with the thing about people worrying about what you think. Maybe you should sort that out? Anyways, i throughly agree with every word (probably because i agreed she should write this forum................) and she's right, i will beat you up if you don;t stop. And yes bribes come to me through accounting (aka my prop section ;p). Just remember, no one is being 'attacked' directly here, it was merely an in general thingy.
last edited over a year ago
hmmmm i don't reli wanna name names lol but there are some very random ones on here which could have been posted as articles
do u reckon i should remove my "countdown to painless" forum?
oh I'm not as scary as I seem, ask PLH, PG, Cuddles, Immune or BB they'll tell you I'm a harmless obsessive fan who probably belongs in a straight jacket.

No don't do that pkp!!!!!!! That's fine, I like those types of things!
over a year ago PotterGal said…
pkp - you don't have to remove your forums. I don't think om really meant for people to suddenly start deleting everything they had posted on the spot that wasn't directly related to huddy anyway. Just that, as a whole Spot, we try to make a bigger stand to keeping stuff more on track and about Huddy in this Spot from now on. :D
yer i understand its just that i too get slightly annoyed when random things get posted so i reli didn't want to be a hypocrite
lol

over a year ago huddyislove said…
Thanks for letting us now,OM. I appreciate that. We should make a great intelligent crowd and stand out as bold shippers.
Otherwise we're aren't going to be taken seriously.
I have experienced this on the CSI wiki, a CSI site, and the GSR fans out there are pure hysteria and no logic at all.
We should be proud to be known as Huddy shippers and there's a certain doze of respect, intelligence and boldness that we have to maintain.
over a year ago babybell said…
shes a harmless obsessive fan who belongs in a straight jacket.
No one asked, i just wanted to say that ;p

over a year ago HuddyCrazy1331 said…
Ok, I would never think "I'll get right on it" means that she'll ride House all night (unfortunately) xD
So does this mean I have to lower my level of spazzy hyperness or am I good and is this about something ttly different that I'm like too stupid to notice? xD
over a year ago HuddyCrazy1331 said…
*BRIBES BB* XD