Huddy *SPOILERS for 'Let Them Eat Cake'* My Thoughts...

misanthrope86 posted on Dec 04, 2008 at 06:38AM
Ok, so I am probably going to be very alone in this, but here goes...

Clearly, most Huddy fans are not very happy about the final scene of the show and the "grope" scene and the blame seems to be falling at House's feet. Personally, I was more annoyed by Cuddy's reaction to the boob-grab. Granted, it was inappropriate and offensive (LOL!, but those words are pretty much tattooed to House's ass anyway. She was right when she said she was an idiot for being surprised. I am a little bewildered as to why she keeps expecting him to say the right thing and sweep her off her feet. But we all know that House can't and won't do that!

For me, the reality is that House's hand on Cuddy's breast was his way of saying "Ok, lets move foreward a little." He just didn't express it in a very mature way. To be honest, when I watching that scene, I honestly believe she would laugh, like the ass-grab in 'Half-Wit'. I guess the situations are very different, but still, I didn't expect Cuddy to react that way. And I don't think House did either, which I think is why he just went back to his hooker...

So, to sum up, I guess my thought about it is that, yes, House was a silly-billy but I think Cuddy missed an opportunity to lighten the seriousness of the mood between them, which is part of the reason House is so freaked out about their relationship.

And that, my friends, is what I think!

Any thoughts?

Huddy 37 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago kellinator said…
Thanks for sharing your opinion, I had never thought about it that way. I went back and watched the scene again (hundredth time lol) and I noticed that when she said "Really" after he said "Seemed like the logical next step," his eyebrows kinda went up a little, like he was hoping she would do something, or say something light hearted. He definitely did not expect her disappointed reaction, and when she leaves, he hangs his head in disappointment. I'm not sure if I am necessarily upset by Cuddy's reaction because I think she was looking for something more meaningful when she suggested they kiss, and he just went for a boob grab. She shouldn't be suprised by what he did (He is the biggest ass in the world after all lol), but I think she just hoped he would actually be mature with his feelings. When she talks to Wilson after that, she calls House an "unemotional child incapable of intimacy," so I think she saw the boob grab as a way of House ruining an intimate moment. And you are so right when you say that he is freaked out about their relationship. With hookers its easy because there are no real feelings involved, but he knows if he gets involved with Cuddy it will not just be a fling, and she will expect him to open up sometimes and be mature with his feelings.
over a year ago thatship said…
Things between House and Cuddy have been changed. Before, It was only a flirt and the House's behaviour, it was funny...

But, since House's kissed Cuddy, everything is different, She is expecting to a mature reaction of House, a signal about his real emotions, and that is why the reaction of Cuddy has also been different

From my point of view, House humbled Cuddy, where she was showing vulnerable. Previously, it had never happened, because she also played ...He is scared because the game ends, and she doesn't laughs of his jokes...

now he has to realize that he can hurt her...

I think, cuddy allowed that situation(rab boob) because she was waiting for him to react and he could see that the game, now is real...

but the only thing he has suceeded with his behaviour, is that Cuddy doesn't show her feelings again until he reacts to an adult way.

I put special attention to the conversation btween House and Kutner...

He know that "he should give something away to make a relationship work"...

I think "Joy to the world" will show, that House will try to be more human with the indirect intention that his relationship with Cuddy works...

we'll see what happens

Kisses

over a year ago spinelli said…
I like your point of view, misanthrope86.
At first I thought House was the ass, but seeing more clearly into that scene, we all should know that Cuddy lost herself in the scene, forgetting House doesn't like emotional, direct confrontations. I guess Wilson pushed her into that way a bit, since he said she wasn't going to get what she wants by waiting and doing nothing, so she decided to open up to House.
WRONG MOVE CUDDY.
Be mean to him again, be bossy! BE COLD.
He'll try to redeem himself in the next episode, I know it. I feel it.
I just hope she doesn't shove his attempts away.
over a year ago mrshouse62689 said…
I agree. I've been standing up for House through all of this "House is an ass!" stuff since LTEC because what he did is what you would EXPECT from him. I don't know why everyone seems so surprised about what went on.

But I think things will be patched up there somehow. I'm confident that Huddy will be together before the end of the series when all is said and done.
over a year ago PotterGal said…
I really like your point of view missy. I hadn't thought of it in that way.
But I think Cuddy reacted the way she did because she had just made her feelings completely clear to him. She told him that she thought they should kiss again and she was somewhat (i think) completely vunerable to him in that moment. And yet he chose to - instead of show some kind of emotion/feeling/anything SHE was hoping to see - just grab her breast and to a certain extent, make it seem as though he completely disregarded everything she had just said (which had to hurt seeing as she had just practically declared her feelings for him).
Yeah, i think this scene and the scene in "Half-Wit" are completely different just due to the fact that this time around there are so many conflicting emotions between the two of them that were just not present back in Season 3 and therefore the repercussions (sp?) of him grabbing her this time would be much more serious due to the fact that feelings were actually being compromised here.
I don't think that Cuddy could have found that move funny or light-hearted in any way because she herself was being completely open and serious with him in that moment and i think she just did expect him for once to do the same with her.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Fabouluz said…
PG I agree. I think Cuddy thought that the two of them had moved past that, and were now ready to attempt something. House being House is still stuck in the past and refuses to see Cuddy as anything more than a play thing-for now anyways. It will take something huge to bring them together. Maybe we will see it in the new year, but until then I doubt in the next episode we will se Cuddy make herself vulnerable like she did in the last episode--I think Wilson will try and smooth things over and pick the pieces up;because we all know Wilson is the biggest Huddy shipper EVER!! XDDD

xoxo
over a year ago exodia2370 said…
I think they have to find a balance between the bantering and the serious moments in order for this to work.
The preview for the next ep. which shows House trying to be nice reminds me of what he told Cuddy in season 2, Humpty Dumpty. He said, "you see the world as it is, and you see the world as it could be". Houses' attempts to be a nice guy instead of a Scrooge would definitely fall under the 2nd category. Of course, it's too much for anyone to expect House to ever change THAT much for real but it definitely gets your attention in a more jarring way than his misanthropic remarks (like his gesture with the desk).
over a year ago Fabouluz said…
The desk, omg I think that is the most romantic thing ever. Its telling Cuddy that he remembers what is important and its like an 'inside' thing, only Cuddy and House understand how important the whole desk thing is.

xoxo
over a year ago babybell said…
i agree with my wife. i tried (hard, trust me) to think of it that way, i pointed it out to om in saying "maybe house didn't mean to ruin the moment like that," but she was so honest and open wiht him she expected a serious response. She shouldn't have, but i LEs acting made me sympathize entirely for Cuddy. However in the last scene is what i get so angry about. And i really shouldn't, its mostly exceedingly bad timing. House thought he'd already mucked it up probably, so went to the hooker. Its not his fault she saw him. But with the boob grab.. i don't know, it kinda shocked me how just plain mean that was... he isn't really ready to stop takking control as barbara bennett put it.

I'd like to say two things though:
1) it always continues to amaze me how clever us huddies are. The comments here are really deep and thought out and sya things i hadn't really thought bout yet.
2) something happens in JTTW with Huddy, most likely. Because we don't get any Huddy promo pictures, it probably means either something (good or bad) happens, or they want us to think something happens. But most likely somethings changed.
over a year ago pumpkinpie99 said…
i agree
cuddy knows house well enough to know that he's not gonna sweep her off her feet on the spot.
I actualy think that this is gonna be the way forward for huddy, because now they both realise their feelings for each other, and hopefully, something may develop. I REALLY want to know what cuddys suprise is.
Thing is, bear in mind that its gonna be the last episode for a while, i think that house may actualy do something romantic like kiss her (preferably under mistletoe) but yer then i think its gonna leave us on a cliffhanger but like zoom out of them kissing
that would truly be the best christmas pressie i could hope for

so yer maybe house didn't sleep with the hooker i guess we'll find out in 5 days

stupid time that goes so slow
Tgin
over a year ago HuddyCrazy1331 said…
Everyone's writing a lot and I love your point of view missy. You guys are all rlly smart ppl, but I'm lazy so I'll keep it short and simple: Cuddy was wrong to expect something of House, because she should know him better. House was wrong to push it to a point that Cuddy ould "break". BUT as we all know, House always pushes his relationships to see if he can rely on people to "stay". He can't have a relationship with someone who will leave, so he pushes them- Wilson & Cuddy are a perfect example. I think that his actions and behavior were a way of testing how far he could push his relationship with Cuddy.
wow, i wrote more than i thought lol xD
ooooo good point wifey
yer now that i think of it he pushed stacey and she was ready to be with him
hmmm
think its a logical assumption hubby? :)
yer i do!!!!
;)
yayy!!! *HUGGLES HUBBY* i think it fits too. it IS house afterall :)
*huggles* :)
there is always hope for huddy
NEVER LOSE FAITH HUDDYS
!!!
THATS RIGHT!!! ITS NOT OVER!!! :DD
woooooooooooooooo
It will never be over!!
NEVER!!! WE WILL LIVE 4EVER!!!
over a year ago giubicri said…
same old story...a fragile woman in love with the wrong man...don't mind if he's in love, with him she's never gonna be happy...men don't change! and this makes the whole thing even more beautiful, real and emotional. And still I want desk sex
woooo desk sex i bet thats gonna happen when they get 2gether!!!
over a year ago midnyte007 said…
lol, giubicri, sadly enough what you just wrote could apply to House with any woman
NEVER CUDDY FOREVER LMAO
CUDDY + HOUSE= DEFF DESK SEX
but seriously i actualy think that will happen!!!!!! in all seriousness i can imagine it
I can c it too!!! xD
im glad im not the only one lol
*huggles*
LOL yess!! And I bet he remembers that desk because they had sex on it years ago.
*huggles* AND HAHA!!!!!! TTLY K!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDDDD
over a year ago giubicri said…
let's write a petition to the authors...
they dont listen to petitions. trust me, ppl have tried (no offense to any Hams) even the hamerons r still trying, but the writers dont listen to petitions or anything.
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
Thanks for your responses guys! Its great how we all see things in different lights!
Thanx for sharing you pov first Missy!! :D
over a year ago oldmovie said…
wow I wish I had seen this forum when it was still going in full glory! Missy I had never ever thought of it from this view point, honestly it hadn't even crossed my mind.

I think this scene can be considered as something you would find in a typical comedy of the errors play or story, which seems to be the path the writers are taking us with Huddy.
Cuddy did put herself on the line, which is why I think so much sympathy is placed on her, and once again gave into her slightly naive view point that House could stop being a self-hating ass for a second and show her some sort of truth to how he was feeling towards her. Cuddy was expecting something in return for putting herself out there.

Now I look back on this I realize kind of, I still want to kick him in the balls, that House just completely mis-interpreted the situation. House was still enjoying the return of their old relationship, with the pranks and thought that maybe they had gotten over this weird period in which things were different between them, and took this flirty behaviour from Cuddy as a challenge and met her challenge every time. But House was so desperate to keep this light happy banter between them he either:
1) didn't realize that Cuddy had suddenly shifted from playing around to something more serious (don't really think so but)
2) saw what was happening and not wanting things to go back to being wierd tried to make a joke out of the situation to avoid confronting anything serious.

What sounds more like House lol? House doesn't want things to change between himself and Cuddy, this mind set is evident in his conversation with Taub, but what House doesn't realize or refuses to let himself to believe is it is forever changed. Now the playful fondling is no longer enough for Cuddy, which he hadn't realized and well.....now Cuddy wants him to step up to the plate and he's not sure if he's ready.

I feel for both of them, Cuddy just a little more than House because frankly House needs to grow a pair.
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
LOL! House needs to grow a pair so that you can kick them! Ha ha ha! That gave me a great mental image!

"but what House doesn't realize or refuses to let himself to believe is it is forever changed."
So true oldmovie! Great comment!
Great post OM and I agree with all your points. I definitely think in the boob grab scene House was trying to revert back to their old pre-kiss relationship, the flirty bantery one. He definitely didn't expect her reaction and he now realizes that their relationship has changed, Cuddy expects more from him. And lol House definitely needs to grow a pair!