Huddy Let Them Eat Cake- I'm so happy and mad over my Huddy(Spoilery:You are Warned)

rosehustle1 posted on Dec 03, 2008 at 02:38AM
Okay they were great playing the war games with each other. Cuddy throwing the smelly chemicals in his office, him trying to embarass her on the phone, her getting rid of all his furniture, him destroying her toilet. The fondling scene was sexy and then a little disappointing. Cuddy was so ready for him to finally be open with her and his boob grab totally killed the mood. Don't get me wrong it was funny but I really felt for Cuddy. But then he redeemed himself by getting her desk from Medical School to be put in her office. That was an amazingly sweet and unique gesture on his part and it really did the trick in warming Cuddy's heart once more. Of course, House being House had to destroy his own chance at real happiness again, by taking off with his hired hooker. He of course doesn't know he's just ruined the potential between he and Cuddy because she saw him talking with the hooker in his office. Cuddy was going over to thank him and maybe confess her own feelings but the minute she saw this woman she knew she'd once again made a mistake in trusting him. Cuddy was so heart broken. I love House usually but this was just awful on his part. So, like I said I was really happy with their interactions and also really saddened by them. I love Huddy but I don't want to see Cuddy treated like crap by House either. So, I'm hoping she starts focusing on her own stuff again and maybe her lack of attention gets him to realize he needs to stop doing self-destructive crap like this. My rant is over. Sorry for the rambling.

Huddy 56 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 56

over a year ago mrshouse62689 said…
I agree. Loved the Huddy moments except for the last scene (although I do have to admit I kinda saw something like that happening, especially after the hired woman said "Well you still have three hours."). The groping in the middle of what could have been a serious, deep conversation is SO House, but I felt kinda bad for Cuddy. I can't get over the desk thing...that's so sweet. House has been doing alot of thinking about Cuddy (he actually asked someone OTHER than Wilson about relationships, so I think that's a big sign he's thinking about it alot) but I don't think he's quite realized what COULD be. Hopefully between Cuddy's feelings being hurt (she doesn't look so happy with him in some of the Joy to the World promos) and Wilson talking to him, House'll redeem himself.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago fargo1 said…
Maybe he didn't sleep with her? Maybe next week we will find out they did something else! :D I doubt it, but I can hope.:) The promo looks pretty cool though. Cuddy was the one to send House the gift!
over a year ago mrshouse62689 said…
Yeah that's what my mom said...maybe it wasn't what it looked like. But knowing House, he DID take full advantage of those three hours.
over a year ago fargo1 said…
Yeah :( I hope they patch this mess up in Joy to the World. That ending was way too sad.
over a year ago Forever_House88 said…
i agree..i loved the show until the last minute i was like NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I yelled at my tv, "You couldnt have done anything HOUSE...you LOVE cuddy!!"
*mad and looks around needing someone to comfort her*
over a year ago kellinator said…
he better get her the best gift in the world to make up for the shit that happened in the last minute!
over a year ago velvet_fox said…
My heart just broke for Cuddy at the end and I'm having a hard time not being mad at House. I know he picks up hookers all the time, but, but Cuddy put her feelings out on the line!! House knows how she's wants to be with him he and he's still going to prostitutes.
That's just not cool. I know this potential relationship with Cuddy scares House shitless, but it's still not cool.

*sigh* The angst.

Now I'm just going to wait for caps to come out so I can icon-ize the Huddy desk of LOVE. Oh House why spend your time with a hooker - Cuddy would've screwed you on that desk for free.
Seriously my wish for Huddy!Desk sex increased tenfold tonight. They just have to do it.
over a year ago Meredithdaee said…
I like the episode a lot, I really do. It was funny, interesting, SWEET, romantic and lot more. But I don´t feel disappointed, I would feel like that if the banter and the houseian way gets over. I think House make a beautiful thing with Cuddy´s office. I believe he only do things like that when he is trying to say I love you, like when he wrote the love prescription to Stacy.

I´m happy because Lisa MADE AN EXCELLENT JOB in this episode, this is for sure her season. I can wait for next episode´. I´m totally agree with fargo 1. Nothing in House is what you expect.
This ep was amazing, except for the last minute. My heart literally broke into a million pieces when Cuddy saw House with the hooker(or whatever she was). That being said, the desk gift is the most romantic gesture we have seen from House thus far. I mean, he had to call up Cuddy's mom to get it shipped out, and also the fact that he knew she still had the desk somewhere says a lot. This is what makes the ending so heartbreaking, I mean House did something completely amazing and sweet, but he had to go and screw it up. I really hope nothing happened with that woman, and I hope Cuddy finds out somehow that nothing happened.
over a year ago midnyte007 said…
ok, after watching the promo for "Joy to the World" I have a new theory on why House is wearing a lab coat and doing duty.

He wants to make it up to Cuddy. If that's true, that's pretty sweet, but House, you're going to have to do better than that. xD
over a year ago DoctorIsIn said…
Yeah that last minute was soooo heartbreaking!!! Cuddy was all smiles until she looked into his office...:(

But we can't really assume anything! I mean, all we see is him talking to her, and her tugging on his jacket a bit. For all we know he was saying "Sorry. I'm taken. There are Huddy shippers all over the world that I have to satisfy." and she was saying "aw you're sweet" *tug tug*.

:/
over a year ago koch89 said…

I just had a thought, remember when house had that conversation with talub about his affair?
he asked him what it felt like. he said it gave him a happy superfical feeling but deep down he was miserble. in response house told him he was never unhappy he just had to give up something to make his relationship with his wife work. this can be applied to house situation with cuddy. house most likely was sleeping with that prostuite in the begining but after he had that confrontation with cuddy he decide to turn over a new leaf. to show her he has feeling for her he got her collage desk put in her office. maybe it had something to remind her of their past relationship. but anyways after the whole lime in the coucnut lady thing house and the prostiute most likely went back to his office where he told her that he did not want to use his three extra hour's. this show us that house is giving up sleeping with the prostitute so his realtionship with cuddy can work. unfortuntly for house cuddy makes a suprise visit while he is still talking to the prostitue making her think that he is not intrested in her and so she leaves. she will eventually find out the what really happend in the next episode.

if he did not like her he would not have got her collage desk brought in.

Yea I definitely got that vibe when House was talking to Taub. I don't know if he was referring specifically to that prostitute, but maybe just his lifestyle in general. I think House is seriously considering a relationship with Cuddy, and he knows that doing that would put an end to his "philandering" with prostitutes. The fact that he asks Taub about this proves that he is thinking about a relationship with Cuddy as long term, not just a fling, and perhaps he thinks it could last longer than just a few months. Maybe this is just wishful thinking but I'm just trying to remain happy after that depressing ending. I hope you are right koch, and that House took her to his office to tell her that he didn't want the extra three hours. I think when the "hooker" (or whatever she is) touched his jacket, that could have been an understanding goodbye gesture or something. (At least thats what I hope.
over a year ago KirstieWhite said…
Maybe the Huddy!Desksex already happened... in college. And that's why he brought it back...
Ha ha.. if only.
LOL YESS how else would House know about the desk?
over a year ago Ayma said…
House is so changing. First he is an idiot, then a bigger idiot, then a cute-romantic guy, and then the biggest idiot ever!
I'm not a romantic person at all, but Cuddy's face was so aaaaaaaaagh (I couldn't find a word), I just wanna hug her... and kick House's ass.
He's hilarious and a genius, but Cuddy just have to run away from him.

I really don't care the hooker (Come on! Cuddy's too much hotter than the hooker. Besides being a lame, House is blind too apparently)
And actually was pretty fun when hooker is alive "again", I loved Kutner & Taub's reaction xD

Poor Cuddy, At first I didn't like the idea about a baby, but now I hope so hard she gets her baby soon.
And the end was sad, but I love the song anyway :D
Go, Cuddy! I want to see him suffer!

(Sorry again, if you can't understand. I'm not native speaker D:)
over a year ago oldmovie said…
Lol I'm sorry I'm still flailing over the desk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!

Hooker Smooker, Cuddy's hurt (which I feel for her) but she'll get over it, she just won't be so open with her feelings anymore around House. But she won't be forgetting THAT gesture anytime soon.

Sorry my brain no longer works....that was the cutest moment in the history of House MD!!!
Yeah, I admit the desk thing was sooo nice, but I just hated House at the end. And I love him most of the time.
I don't hate him, he didn't know Cuddy would turn up. Even though its kind of ew about the hooker, he wasn't intentionally causing Cuddy pain.
It really was!! House has never done anything that "romantic" for anyone. That means he had to call Cuddy's mom, and the thought of that makes me die of flail!
I KNOW!

I think what makes me flail more is the fact that his mom and him know each other!!!!!!!!!

This moment was incredibly romantic! I mean House was romantic!!!!!!!!! *flails again*

This also proves there was something more to their relationship than just Cuddy knowing House as a "legend".
Exactly!!! I wonder how many times House has called Mama Cuddy, I want her to make an appearance sometime!! And yes I wonder if they had Desk!sex after a night of studying/snarking/flirting with eachother in college. I also wonder how House even remembered the desk and how he knew Cuddy's mom had it, it's not like that's something she would write in her date book or something.
over a year ago babybell said…
I hate him. He didn't know but stil...
over a year ago ZaraShade said…
OMG the whole desk thing!!! It does mean he must know Mama Cuddy and I really really hope we'll be seeing her sometime!! I agree with om in that it was the sweetest thing in the history of House MD!!! The fact that House also knew about the desk and remembered it!! I mean come on!! It was so sweet and he went to all the effort...

But then the end scene made me so pissed at House! I mean the look on Cuddy's face! I'm sorry, but I love Cuddy and seeing her like that makes me heart broken too!!
Yeam watching that moment was worse than watching Joy for me. At least in "Joy" House was there to comfort her, but in this case he's the one causing her pain. I mean its true he didn't know Cuddy was there, and it we aren't sure he actually slept with that hooker (I hope he didn't), but it was still so painful to watch Cuddy's face when she saw him with coconut woman. You could see utter disbelief and sadness written on her previously glowing face, again exhibiting the fabulous talents of LE. And then when she walks away she brings her hand to her face, like she is wiping away tears and that kills me!
over a year ago Verdent3 said…
The desk thing was sweet. House is an ass. I'm a new fan of the show and have been trying to catch up. Its clear to me that House had a thing for Cuddy for a while. Wilson noticed, even Stacy said something once. And for House to be so flip about it after she puts herself out there. I want this Huddy thing to happen, but I dont want Cuddy to go after him anymore in any way. It would serve House right if Wilson got between them. I hope Cuddy makes House suffer a little more.
over a year ago pure_rebellion said…
Ohhh Guys im so depressed my heart broke at the end I cant take it any more I have NEVER been so angry at House for being an Ass i mean mosttimes its just funny but this time was was *goes in corner and cries*

Im so angry and gahhh

I think that Cuddy is now officially the most miserable character in the show I mean all of them have had bad stuff happen but Cuddy is like I could swear , heartbroken constantly. I hope House gets her a good present :)(: she deserves it XD
*needs to hug Cuddy*

K i completly agree;

"And then when she walks away she brings her hand to her face, like she is wiping away tears and that kills me! "

*dies* ( not in a good flailing sort of way)
After talking with BB for a while, and she appealed to my Cuddy side, I am officially pissy with House.

I agree with Verdent3, and welcome btw!, I want House to have to suffer! Stupid Ass *smacks him*

Poor Cuddy.
over a year ago exodia2370 said…
I thought this was a good episode. I wasn't surprised by the ending. It wouldn't fit the dynamic of the show to have House and Cuddy jump into a relationship that quickly or for House to change a lot, even though you're all rooting for it. Next week's episode looks promising though, based on the promo.
About the boob moment, I don't think House intended to be a total jerk. He's just not reading the signals correctly, b/c he's still locked in a bantering mindset. When Cuddy looked disgusted and was about to walk away, he was trying to hold her back for a moment as he realized his mistake. Yes, he was being an idiot, but recall that Cuddy's breasts are often the targets for jokes.
over a year ago exodia2370 said…
P.S. Just thought I'd mention that the fox website synopsis refers to the fake patient as an actress, not as a hooker: link
over a year ago Fabouluz said…
RIGHT: my opinion is that this is the House-ian way of the realtionship. House's talk with Taub was like a light shining on what is going on (for us) He wants to stop this freight train, but he can't.

NOW: What happened in the end with the 'actress' in the office with House was taken out of context. We saw it from Cuddy's viewpoint. We have no idea what could have happened after that. But Cuddy being Cuddy knew it was too good to be true and her thoughts quickly turned to House being House.

Now: unless in the next episode House somehow finds out about this (which he probaly won't) then Cuddy is going to go back to being cold until House warms her back up again.

I completley understand now when in all the interviews, everyone was saying that it was not going to be in a 'Straigh-line' because after this it is compeltley OFF TRACK!! But I have faith in the writers, because they are dealing with such a complex couple, that they have to approach it from this angle.

xoxo
over a year ago blaukat said…
well, well, it's not a real ship if you don't have tons of angst, right? *sigh*

my opinion is that House is fighting hard to avoid things happening with Cuddy. He was a jerk to push her away, so he doesn't have to deal with everything that comes along with a relationship. He's not in denial, he just doesn't want this to progress - probably a similar reason for why he dumped Stacy. The problem is, or so it seems to me, a reasonable part of him really wants this to happen. in his talk to Taub - and from all the scenes of him lost in his thoughts - we can see he is weighting things. I wonder if he is actually gonna decide or just let this rot away by jerking Cuddy around.

which reminds me of something else. Cuddy started off this ep quite confident and flirty, then she softens and goes to a more vulnerable position - suggesting/wanting a kiss - then, after House's amazingly cute and thoughtful gift, she's completely at his mercy - something we knew (or at least I knew) ages ago. She is a sucker for House. She's in trouble. So, I wonder if she can actually handle this situation. I think she might give up. and he might not go after her. I'm a natural born pessimist, so I can't help having these thoughts...

On the other hand - you gotta embrace denial if you are a shipper - House's been doing all sorts of surprising things this season, particularly acting impulsively on his feelings, so yes, there's still hope for Huddy.

about the actress/hooker - it doesn't matter if House sleeps with her or not. that wasn't planned by him. I think it has nothing to do with what's going on with Cuddy. actually, that helps him feel confortable - having fun with no strings attached - and take a break from his Cuddy thoughts. I totally understand him. It's a pity most ships come not only with angst but with the worst timing possible. but I agree with whoever said Cuddy will get through this ;)
Sorry, I'm not native speaker, so, can somebody explain me what House want to say when he told her "Can you leave these?" in the grab-boob scene? I mean, was it a kind of joke? Because I don't get it...
Thanks!
over a year ago MoniBolis said…
Yes ayma, he tries to make i joke of a pretty awkard momment.
And for the record "Put the lime" song will never be the same
I still can't get my head round, why they used that song for such a heartbreaking moment??

xoxo
Also. Has anyone thought about the actual lyrics to the song Joy to the world? It may not be relevant but I believe it could have something to do with the episode.

xoxo
Berp! Now I get it! God, my mind works slow with the whole Huddyness. I think I couldn't understand his joke because he didn't had that snarky face when he says that kind of things (about boobs, ass, sex...).
@ Fabouluz

I like your point!!! It could very well be relevant, and if it is, i say it's a good sign for us Huddy shippers...

"Joy to the world, the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing."
Would Cuddy be earth in this metaphor? And House is her king? lol
hahaha could be!!!

I have a feeling we're looking into it too much. >.<
LOL probably but after last night I need some hope!
I rewatched the episode and I hate House a little less. It was so nice when he was sitting in HIS side of the desk, despite of it wasn't necessary because she wasn't in the office.
Kellinator said that the true blue miracle spoiler could be to do with HL eyes being blue. House opening up to Cuddy about everything is a miracle XD

xoxo
over a year ago ilurvedward said…
that was one of the best episodes ever!!!!!!!! THE DESK WAS SO ADORABLE!!! THE WAY HER FACE LIT UP!!!!! *le sigh* BUT THEN HOUSE HAD TO BE SUCH AN ASS AND RUIN IT! *calms down* i can only hjope that in joy to the world they can patch this up and have hot,sweaty,christmas sex!
over a year ago CathCuddy said…
Her face when she realizes that is her desk from Med School... *.* it was amazing of him to do that, call her Mom and shipped the desk. And yes, I think that particular desk had some story cause her face was... *.*

The talk scene was... WOW! She was basically telling him that she was all in!!! His response was not only immature but mostly insecure. He answered her with a try of joke, sarcasm...

The last scene was heartbroken! no more words to describe it! I'm like superprotective of Cuddy, she's so amazing, and right now I could beat House's ass with one finger!
hey, about the end scene, it was mentioned that the song was kinda inappropriate for such a heartbreaking scene. so it got me thinking that maybe that's what the writers were aiming at. I mean it starts with Cuddy, happy and smiling, you know she's was touched by his gesture and was going there to give him one more chance. we needed a happy song, nothing deep, nothing grave, something light, silly actually, just the way one feels when they are falling for someone and see every detail as meaningful, warm and promising. that's Cuddy mood at that moment. the fact that she sees him with someone else it's a minor detail. they're not together, so he's not doing anything wrong. he's just not there for her. she continues without what she wants. she's gonna have to wait longer. that's it. it's not the end of the world - actually, and I may be the only person who saw it that way, I really don't think she wiped a tear when she walked away, she just put her hand to her head, maybe thinking "god, I'm an idiot!". my point being, I don't think we're supposed to take that scene so seriously - that's why the song was that one. it's just a tiny bump, they are indeed moving towards eachother. I know it sounds like a heartbroken shipper in denial, but it makes a lot of sense to me now.

over a year ago Meredithdaee said…
mmm...blaukat you make a really good point. [I'm still in pain, but] I think maybe all these scenes made Cuddy realize that she wants him and she needs to do something to make it happen. Then the gift stuff makes sense.
well, actually I think there's a chance she's gonna distance herself a little. It's his turn now. but since he doesn't know she saw that, will he be able to mend it? I'm guessing he will also distance himself now that he know she wants him ('i think we're supposed to kiss now') - but only to come back and say something to tempt her again like he did in Last Resort. these two idiots only need to adjust their timing!
over a year ago velvet_fox said…
About the song choice. It seemed to be chosen in mind of how Cuddy was feeling when she stepped out of the lift - that being giddy, nervous in the cute way she was playing with her sleeve, and with that big ass smile on her face, happy, kind of goofy. Which reflects the tone of the song. And since the last scene is told entirely from Cuddy's perspective it makes sense that we as the audience should start off feeling what Cuddy is feeling, so when the twist hits and Cuddy sees House with the coconut ho we get just as big a kick in the stomach as Cuddy does. It would be silly to play depressing music over the top, as it gives away that final moment.
The song was a gimmick. A gimmick to tap us into Cuddy's mood and to lull us into expecting a quirky, light, possibly happy moment. At least that's my interpretation.