Huddy About the recent surge of Hameron-related picks

PotterGal posted on Dec 01, 2008 at 10:01AM
Hey guys, i was just wondering what's up with the latest influx of Hameron-related picks which also have some, let's say, "not very nice" comments in them about Hameron and Ham fans?

This is the Huddy spot, not the Anti-Ham spot and i really think this Spot is so awesome because we've been able to stick to just the love of our OTP and not bash the other ships.

So yeah, i hate to sound like i have a stick up my ass (because i probably do right now) but can the mild Hameron bashing picks and comments stop please? :)

Huddy 39 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Biathine said…
Nice speech PG :)

You pointed out something,I believe everyone is aware of, but still nobody does anything about it.

The Hameron-Huddy fight is the only thing that's bugging me about this spot - everybody here is so nice and funny, but recently not when it comes to Hamerons. I know that we love Huddy and not Hameron, but that's why we're here and not on the Hameron spot! So the picks like "Huddy vs. Hameron" are kind of pointless.
Unfurnately I could say the same thing about Hamerons.:( (But not all of them do it.)
And the most of Huddies I know ,are mature and tolerant people so ... I'm gonna quote PG "stop the mild Hameron bashing picks and coments please?:)"
over a year ago PotterGal said…
Yes, i completely agree Biathine. And also, we're getting so much Huddy love this season. Really, we shouldn't even be thinking about "threats" from other ships. ;)
over a year ago velvet_fox said…
You know you guys are totally right. We should concentrate on the wonderful Huddy we've had and not Hameron.
That being said it's difficult not to comment when you see things like the reccent poll on spoiler TV where there is extremeley bitter, hateful Huddy bashing/LE bashing going on. It's hard to not retaliate and defend your position.

But yeah Huddy's should start setting an example I guess, as we say in some Jater communities - Ship in peace. Stop the war.
Oh yes i completely agree. I read some of the comments on the spoilertv poll and they just disgusted me so much. That's why i love fanpop. Because you don't get those kinds of crappy comments that have no substance at all (for the most part!) that intentionally bash a ship, character or actor.
over a year ago EnjoyHuddy said…
I agree! Lol PG! Do you remember our fight "against" aR for that link (that I posted btw...damn me) about the Huddy and Ham spoilers?? I felt so bad for doing that!!!Hams and Huddies should enjoy their ships, not bash the other one!
over a year ago oldmovie said…
*claps for PG* Way to set an example.

I too noticed those picks and was quite dissapointed that they were posted here because I thought Huddy shippers in general, at least on Fanpop, were against bashing other ships. I refused to pick them to show my support!

Thanks PG for sticking up for other shippers, and well done to maintain peace! :)
over a year ago pumpkinpie99 said…
*claps too*

truer words were never spoken!!!!!
2 tell u the truth, i haven't reli noticed any bashing but im probs just blind lol
;)
over a year ago kellinator said…
I completely agree PG, and I feel ashamed that I even voted and commented on those picks. Shup wars are annoying and rediculous and we should just focus on how awesome our OTP is!
over a year ago Fabouluz said…
Me too Kellinator. We should ignore them.

xoxo
over a year ago -kt said…
Well said PG!
:)
Huddy is love and that's all that matters. lol =P
over a year ago Meredithdaee said…
I HAVEN´T SEEN THEM!
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
I was just gonna do a forum about this! Good work PotterGal!

I was gonna say that as a member of both spots and an avid fan of both ships, it is really unwelcoming to see picks of the sort that have been popping up here lately.

The Hameron Spot actually sucks right now, and that isn't bashing. The spot sucks because there are a small, but loud, group of Hameron fans that have turned the spot into an anti-Huddy spot rather than a Hameron spot. I have asked them to stop, and I was told to go away. I tried to make a positive contribution and I was told that no one would be interested in talking positively. The only thing that gets interest in that spot is anti-Huddy related stuff.

I would absolutely HATE if that happened here. It kills spots because intelligent, positive fans get shoved out.

So please, focus on what you love about Huddy rather than how much you don't like Hameron.
And also remember that it is only a very, VERY small number of Hameron fans that make that spot so negative. Most Hameron fans are just like Huddy fans in that they are passionate and dedicated to their ship without bashing other peoples' ships.

Thanks for raising this issue PotterGal. Please don't feel as though you have a stick up your ass (LOL!). It is important to talk about this because I have actually been quite offended by some of those picks and I'm not even a hardcore Hameron fan! Its good to talk about it and I hope Huddy fans listen better than some of the Hameron fans did...
:)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago HuddyCrazy1331 said…
Ok, you guys, I know I'm like a month late but Cake and I were just talking and she told me about this. She had to seriously help me refrain from yelling at the Hams (something I know I would greatly regret) not only because their dislike and wanting to kill us and our ship is sickening but because of what they did to Missy. I seriously wanted to SCREAM (and still do). I have gone on the Ham spot and all I have found is (A VERY VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF) hypocrisy, dislike, violence and pure nonsense (not towards the shipper's taste in their ship but their bashing of others). I. AM. NAUSEOUS. Just looking at the hatred on that spot!! The hatred towards us and others!! And the hatred towards people like Missy who wanted to enjoy more than one ship and ended up being thrown out of one. I for one say, IT'S THEIR LOSS. Missy is a great person and if they threw her out of that spot, they lose because she's an amazingly awesome person and one of the nicest people I have ever met. I'm not saying all Hamerons are like this but God damn it, a lot of them sure are!!!
Please excuse my "rant" but I felt that if I didn't say anything I was going to seriously EXPLODE.
That sounds horrible, I don;t even want to go and read all that stuff, just seeing you being this pissed off is enough to make me mad at them!
K, whatever u do, DO NOT go there.
over a year ago AwesomeHippie said…
omg i dont know who missy is but no one should be treatedlike that
i am a huddy but to be "bashing" in general is ridiculous.
I won't, I think I might lose control if I do.
Missy is misanthrope86 AH
smile
Hi AwesomeHippie! I'm Missy! LOL! *waves like a dork*

Its funny, because the "anti-Hameron" stuff that PotterGal originally started this forum to discuss, was never, EVER as bad as the anti-Huddy stuff that continues to dominate the Hameron spot. Puts everything in perspective really. People in this spot focus on their love of Huddy, which is the way it should be.
over a year ago huddyislove said…
HC!!! New icon!!! I love it!!! es muy buena!!!!
I've noticed Missy. It's so bad there it made me cry (and no I'm not being just sappy. it's THAT bad).
"because the "anti-Hameron" stuff that PotterGal originally started this forum to discuss, was never, EVER as bad as the anti-Huddy stuff that continues to dominate the Hameron spot" ---> That's very true missy. And i really don't think it makes a lot of sense...AT ALL...
I think it's complete non sense sis. I rlly think it is! They want to KILL us for God's sake!!!
Srsly I love this spot because our priority is Huddy, and not anti-Ham. We actually celebrate Huddy, not bash everything that isn't it!
IK!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE HUDDY SEXAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Thats an example xD
over a year ago midnyte007 said…
"Its funny, because the "anti-Hameron" stuff that PotterGal originally started this forum to discuss, was never, EVER as bad as the anti-Huddy stuff that continues to dominate the Hameron spot. Puts everything in perspective really. People in this spot focus on their love of Huddy, which is the way it should be."

OMG, you're just full of awesome quotes today, missy.
crying
Well said kellinator! And that is exactly what I asked some of those Hameron fans to do, but unfortunately that isn't what they seem to be interested in...
I just feel sorry for those who would like to actually ship Hameron but have no place to do so here. It's as though they'd have to go through some kind of horrific experience on that Spot. *sighs*
I love our Spot..
It's ok Missy. I swear, I would create a new spot for Ham for you and other peace-seeking Hams but that might not work out too well... two ham spots i mean.
Yeah, fanpop doesn't allow duplicate spots. :(
Oh, thanks midnyte! I like to talk and occasionally something I say actually makes a little sense!

LOL! My own Hameron Spot... That would be awesome. I would welcome all who wanted to share in Hameron fandom!
over a year ago midnyte007 said…
Well, if it was possible, I'd certainly join that spot.
heart
"I would welcome all who wanted to share in Hameron fandom!" --> Uh oh. Went a bit far there. LMAO. As much as i love you missy...ahahahah.
LOL! Don't take anything I say seriously. I am still high as a kite from the recent sexy spoiler about Foreman and Thirteen and nudity and drooling...
smile
Ahahahaha, i'mso proud of the fact that i have the willpower to not read those spoilers even though EVERY freaking brain cell is telling me too. ;)
But, really when i read the first line only, about the 14 thing, my mind went straight to what your reaction would be. LMAO.
zzz
I think my heart will probably stop when I actually see it. I honestly don't think I can cope. Its just too wonderful.

Anway, thus far I have come to the Huddy spot and talked about Hameron and Foreteen, so to balance it out I shall do this:

HUDDY SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now, I have to go to bed. As you may be able to tell by my bizarre comments, it is way past my bedtime and I am suffering from sleep insanity.
So, now I bid you all farewell! Sleep tight or have a nice day, depending on where in the world you inhabit. I am now off to dream glorious Foreteen-sex drool-soaked spoilery dreams!

Good lord, that sounds dirty!
heart

Good lord, that sounds dirty! ----> I was just going to say that myself. LMAO. Goodnight missy! :D
over a year ago amberRocks said…
Sorry to post here guys but can someone fill me in?Who kicked missy out of the hameron spot?I never said her to leave or anything!What has happened?
I have no idea aR to be honest, I just got REALLY angry when I found out. I almost never get angry but that was like over the line. I just had to say something.
Also Missy, DROOL!!!!!!!!!!!! xD