아바타 더 라스트 에어벤더 Thoughts on Book 3 Chapter 13: The Firebending Masters

miiamya posted on Jan 05, 2008 at 04:07PM
Just a forum to discuss the latest episode.

Personally, I thought this episode completely made up for whatever chapter 12 lacked. Sokka was back to his old self - i loved the whole "jerk bending" scene! Zuko - after being unusual patient and nice last episode - was back to his sarcastic, sardonic self, but in the best way. There was some great Zuko/Aang bonding in this chapter, I thought!

I, also, loved the dragon storyline. It reminded me of 'The Cave of Two Lovers' though I am not quite sure why...

Overall, I thought it was very well done, and the only criticism I have is that the three extra characters (Haru and the other two) seem like dead weight, so far.

아바타 더 라스트 에어벤더 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ktlady said…
ahaha... yeah Sokka was his usual doofusy self.

And the zuko/aang bonding was great as well. I think that Aang will be able to trust him a whole lot better now, especially since the dragons deemed him worthy of the firebending secrets.

I loved that random sun-warrior guy. He reminded me of Iroh. "And now since you know our secret... you must stay imprisoned here!" "just kidding!" Or something like that. lol.

Yeah the three extra characters don't even have that much personality. And they're not adding much. I wonder if they just needed something to do with them, or if they have a plan for their involvement in the plotline.
over a year ago rockwutiwear said…
yea it was really well done. everything fell into place. still i'm a tiny bit bothered on how different the story is told in this season vs last. each major event takes up a whole episode, like the writers are checking boxes. sokka's sword check. invasion check check. air temple check. firebending check. it'd be nice to mix it up, and slower the pace with some orignal comic reliefe/dialogue like in the early episodes of book 2. iono just some thoughts. it was still awesome!
over a year ago miiamya said…
I see what your saying, rockwutiwear, and completely agree. Maybe it's good that this is the last season...
over a year ago MC_Acktour said…
I think the episode went well

the humor in it all stemmed from sokka, and i think the writers are actually trying to make him look like a jerk

did anyone else find that?
over a year ago miiamya said…
sokka just acted like his usual self. Yes, he can be insensitive - which often makes him sound like a jerk - bu, really, he is just a kind hearted, easy going warrior who can, sometimes, be a bit foolish.