U2 What's your 가장 좋아하는 U2 album and why?

hocyouthguy posted on Nov 01, 2006 at 04:52AM
For me, it'll always be Joshua Tree. I can't imagine three better songs starting off any album - ever - than Streets, Still Haven't Found and WOWY. Along with Running, One Tree Hill and In God's Country, this is easily one of the best rock albums ever recorded.

JT also just seems to be there with some of my fondest memories. I'll never forget when it came out 2 months before high school graduation in '87; it accompanied me on my 2-month back-pack trek across Europe the summer of '92 (helping me bide the time on many a train and ferry ride); and was a comforting reminder of home during the first few weeks after I moved to Taiwan in '93.

More fans would rate AB their favorite than JT, but for me, JT will always be U2 at its most "U2-ish."

How about the rest of you?

Brent
save

U2 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago greedo said…
I probably would rate Achtung Baby as a favorite if only for "One". But War is a great album too. Joshua Tree is great too, but I think I got sick of a few of the songs off that album (kinda like eating too much of a good food and never really feeling the same about that food item again, if that makes any sense).

I haven't really listened to the more recent albums as much.
over a year ago hocyouthguy said…
I know exactly what you mean, Greedo, and it's been that way with some other bands for me, especially with my penchant for listening to new CDs incessantly. For some reason, I just never get tired of that album, now at 19 years and counting... :)
over a year ago smackdabish said…
I love All That You Can't Leave Behind because most of my U2 favorites are from it, but The Joshua Tree is a very close second.
over a year ago cleo1992 said…
I love all U2 albums but my favourite is Achtung Baby because the songs are great and I like also the video and the idea of zoo tv tour.
At the second place there's surely All That You Can't Leave Behind for Beautiful Day and all the other beautiful songs
over a year ago evrogers said…
My favorite is Achtung Baby. I think it was the third or fourth U2 album I got. After reading Bill Flanagan's excellent book, U2 At the End of the World, about this album and the subsequent ZooTV tour, it made the lyrics resonate a lot more. Achtung's lyrics are definitely what make the album so special to me. It's a lot darker and more indulgent than their other stuff. I listened to this album every night for months and it's still my musical comfort food!
over a year ago Kerro21 said…
wow, Zooropa is so not new... try 1993...? incredible album though, nostalgic