오페라의 유령 Phantom of the Opera Survey

bendaimmortal posted on Aug 10, 2012 at 08:41PM
I did not make this survey, but I found this from link.

1.) Which versions of Phantom of the Opera have you seen/read?

2.) Which version is your favorite?

3.) Who do you think is the best Phantom/Erik?

4.) Best Christine?

5.) Best Raoul?

6.) Thoughts on Love Never Dies?

7.) Thoughts on the 2004 movie?

8.) Thoughts on the 25th Anniversary Performance?

9.) Who is your favorite character?

10.) Do you dis/like Raoul? Do you think the phans’ perception of him is fair or accurate?

11.) Do you think Christine should have stayed with the Phantom? Would you?

12.) Who would be in your dream cast for a Leroux or Kay based film?

13.) Why are you a Phantom phan?

14.) How long have you been a phan?

15.) What are your thoughts on the “phandom”?

16.) Do you read or write Phantom fanfiction?

17.) What would you say to Erik, should you live long enough after stumbling into his lair?

18.) What advice would you have given to Christine if she sought your help?

19.) What do you think about the various deformities given to the Phantom/Erik in the versions you have seen/read?

20.) If you could play any of the characters (gender not an issue) who would you like to play?

MY ANSWERS:

-ALW/JS movie (2004)
-ALW stage play
-1943 Claude Rains movie
-Dario Argento's crap
-1989 Robert Englund movie
-1925 Lon Chaney silent film (not sure which version though)
-Leroux's original novel
-Susan Kay's 'Phantom'
-Paisley Swan Stewart's Chanson de l'Ange
^(Well, the first half anyway. I wandered away from PotO stuff for a while before I could buy the second half. Now I'm back and shall get my hands on the second half.)

ALW/JS movie (2004) - no real contest there!
Although, I do mix it with Susan Kay's 'Phantom' novel in aspects the film lacks in, such as Erik's past which is totally lame in the film and in my mind Gerik's past is that from Kay's novel. And I imagine the deformed side of his face more like some of the stage Phantoms'. But still, that movie is my absolute favourite version. Oh, and I can for most parts overlook the stupid overdone sexing-up.

So, why exactly is this movie my favourite version?
Because the movie looks visually great, I love the actors' pefromances, and Gerik's personality and his and Christine's storyline & the deeper emotional essence in their relationship.

As for the actors, Gerard Butler and Ramin Karimloo are equal in my eyes, because I don't really care how well the Phantom sings as long as he doesn't sing out of note, has some nice edge to his voice, and can put emotion into his singing. I mean, no actor can sing the way Erik is supposed to, anyway - so I don't bother getting bothered about a non-professional singer.

As for the character, I love Gerik - (except for the lame past and even lamer deformity.) Thank God for fanfiction's unlimited possibilities. So, Gerik's my favourite. But Susan Kay's Erik is a close second. Both are my favourites because of their personalities, and Kay's Erik also for his past.

4.) Best Christine?
The 2004 film's played by Emmy Rossum. Again, she may not sing as well as Christine should, but I still really like her voice, and she's the most beautiful Christine I've seen. But more importantly, I think her version of Christine is more interesting and in some way stronger than any other version I've seen.

5.) Best Raoul?
The 2004 film's played by Patrick Wilson. I don't know why, but I just don't get much out of the stage Raouls. But this movie's Raoul has some depth that I can't really put into words, plus I find him amusing with his Prince Brave Charming aspect.

An utter nonsense of a bad Raoul-hater fanfic, with a massive logic fail and less than zero respect for the original PotO. It's a disgrace to the name of Phantom and should be closed down forever. The only genuinely good thing about it is the song "The Beauty Underneath", that I love.

See my answers to the questions 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Haven't seen it fully yet. But what I've seen, it looks very fine. ALthough I can't help thinking they made that drastic change to its ending in a (failed) effort to support LND. I'm hoping I won't be thinking of it once I get to view the entire performance instead of the Final Lair out of context. I probably won't. The original show is always so mind-blowing. I was hoping the DVD would arrive to me before this weekend but oh well, Monday then. A good way to start a week.

ERIK. No contest there. Ever. He's the most complex and relatable of them all and indescribably interesting.

10.) Do you dis/like Raoul? Do you think the phans’ perception of him is fair or accurate?
- In Leroux's novel I do dislike Raoul. I can't really find words why. He just annoyed me big time. And not even because I sympathized Erik. No, he annoyed me as an individual character.
- In the ALW stage musical, I do not dislike Raoul. I don't really have much to say about him.
- In the 2004 movie, I do not dislike Raoul. Again, as said, he has sonme depth I can not phrase into words.

As for the fans' perception being fair or accurate; usually not so much. Perhaps not always entirely inaccurate and unfair either, but still, I think a lot of fans have so much sympathy for Erik that they're unable to see him and Raoul as they really are. No offense intented and I don't blame these fans though, I understand them. I just think they're missing out on interesting aspects of the story.

No, I don't think she should have stayed with him. But I prefer her with him and write fanfiction wherein she returns to him much later.
Me? I'm a guy, so as a friend - maybe. But if I was a woman in Christine's shoes, I would've probably tried to keep him in my life but not actually lived with him.

I have never bothered to think about that.

Erik's character - (Leroux, ALW, ALW/JS, Kay) - is one of the most interesting fictional characters ever created. Plus I love the music in ALW's musical. And the song "While Floating Hign Above" from the Ken Hill musical...which brings me to another essential reason; I find the relationship of Erik and Christine very faschinating. In all the above mentioned four versions (although the last mentioned song doesn't quite fit Leroux but anyway.) Which of course makes the PotO story itself very faschinating.

Since early 2005.

I enjoy being a part of it. Mostly my experiences have been fun and nice. I don't really know what else to say.

Yes, both. Mostly write. (My FanFiction.Net pen name; Angel'JR)

17.) What would you say to Erik, should you live long enough after stumbling into his lair?
Depends on which version of him we're talking about. But one common thing would probably be...I'd ask him to play his personal favourite out of his own work.

Again, depends on which version is seeking my help and also at which point of the story.

19.) What do you think about the various deformities given to the Phantom/Erik in the versions you have seen/read?
Well, the total corpse looks from Leroux and Kay is very faschinating and tragic seeing to what kind of a sould ended up in that body. But still I prefer half deformed half beautiful because in its own way it brings even more faschinating depth to his tragedy/psychology/story.

On practical level...
Gerik's sunburn of doom sucks big time, and Lon Chaney's corpse look is impressive but might be more so in a modern film with a better picture quality - (given that they make it seem real which they might not bother in modern films.) I wish Robert Englund's Phantom was given an actual deformity because as he is now he's justt Fred Krueger pretending to be a Phantom. Stage Phantoms' are often OK...Except that Ramin karimloo's at the 25th Anniversary performance is kind of lame. On stage my favourites are Hugh Parano's and John Owen-Jones'. As in, it should not look like human at all but totally monstrous when looked from side profile.

20.) If you could play any of the characters (gender not an issue) who would you like to play?
Erik.
last edited on Aug 10, 2012 at 09:11PM

오페라의 유령 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago PandaKISS said…
Which versions of Phantom of the Opera have you seen/read?
1925 Lon Chaney version
1943 Claude Rains version
1971 Phantom of the Paradise
1987 animated version
1990 Charles Dance version
2004 Gerick version
ALW stage version/ Phantom 25
Yeston and Kopit Live version of Phantom
Leroux novel
Kay novel
tons of publish fanfiction

Which version is your favorite?
movie wise- Lon Chaney hands down.
Book wise- Leroux, though Kay is a close second but i don't like her ending. ><

Who do you think is the best Phantom/Erik?
Lon Chaney

Best Christine?
I guess Sierra Boggess, but Rebecca duPont was really good too.

Best Raoul?
Hadley or Simon, no Killian! their all good.

Thoughts on Love Never Dies?
It has SOME good songs like TIHyS, Beauty Underneath, DTtHR, and some nice visuals but that's about it.

Thoughts on the 2004 movie?
I liked Mini Driver

Thoughts on the 25th Anniversary Performance?
I thought it was really good, esp. Wendy Ferguson (La Carlotta) she made that role her own love it! Ramin Karimloo was terrific as the phantom, he and Sierra(Christine) probably have the best on stage chemistry and it shows in their performance. Though I do wish Ramin had sang POTO the way he usually does (saying "strooon-gggger yet" instead of MC way but what ever) he did at the end.

Who is your favorite character?
why is this question asked? has anyone ever really put another answer?

Do you dis/like Raoul? Do you think the phans’ perception of him is fair or accurate?
No I don't mind Raoul at all (in any of his forms) the fans don't like him cuz he's the "other guy" and he's whinny I guess, would you be a blazed with thunder if your girlfriend was telling you crack pot nuisance that doesn't make any sense? and yet he still tries to rescue her, that's more than what most guys would do.

Do you think Christine should have stayed with the Phantom? Would you?
No, it wouldn't have ended well, though in a dream world or in Erik's pipe dream mind of thinking it would have been dandy, given Christine was lobotomized; granted she kind of was... No I'm afraid me and Erik would probably fight about everything, he likes complacent, do-as-their-told girls and that's not me, plus I can't sing :(

Who would be in your dream cast for a Leroux or Kay based film?
The only actor I thought of was Kevin O'Connell for Erik (he has the sunken in eyes already!) don't know if he can sing though.

Why are you a Phantom phan?
Because of Erik, he is one of literature's most interesting and most forgotten (how fitting huh?) characters. Everyone at some point in their life can relate with an outcast.

How long have you been a phan?
Not that long actually, about six months maybe? I know weird huh, it seems longer to me too.

What are your thoughts on the “phandom”?
I'm glad to be apart of it, just wish there was less "Gerik" worshiping and more reading of the actual book, some fans don't even know that the phantom isn't suppose to be 'hot" its sad really.

Do you read or write Phantom fanfiction?
well yes of course (anything other than Leroux is technically FF) but no I don't write.

What would you say to Erik, should you live long enough after stumbling into his lair?
"I'm famished, have you got something to drink?'

What advice would you have given to Christine if she sought your help?
Have you ever consider singing in London?

What do you think about the various deformities given to the Phantom/Erik in the versions you have seen/read?
I like Kay's description of Erik, and naturally Leroux's. They really show how someone would go to the dept of their inner most, think so low of themselves because of their outward appearance despite their many talents. Even though I really like ALW musical (it is my favorite musical after all) I can't help but think that jeez it's just a face deformity it could be worse, you could be the Elephant man or Quasimoto (both lived among people) so really whats he whining about? and gerik well we won't go there...

If you could play any of the characters (gender not an issue) who would you like to play?
Easy La Carlotta, she's such a fun character..
over a year ago Phangirl7 said…
Here's my answers:
1. ALW musical, 2004 movie, LND DVD (mostly crap), 1925 version, 1943 version, 1960 version, 1974 POTParadise (also crap), 1989 version, 1990 miniseries, Dario Argento (major crap), Angel of Music film (crap), Original novel, Phantom Susan Kay novel, and A phan novel called The Phantom Returns.
(I think that's all of them, oh, and the 25th anniversary DVD.)

2. 2004 movie.

3. I'd have to say Gerard Butler and Ramin Karimloo, and also Richard Todd Adams, because he's the only stage phantom I've ever seen.

4. Emmy Rossum, Sierra Bogess, and Kelly Jean Grant, because she's the only stage Christine I've ever seen.

5. Patrick Wilson and Greg Mills, because he's the only stage Raoul I've ever seen.

6. Oh, Love Never Dies. It is not a worthy successor to the original show. The only good things about it are the songs, "Til I Hear You Sing", "The Beauty Underneath", and "Devil Take The Hindmost."

7. The '04 movie. If I hadn't seen that movie, I wouldn't be a Phan today. I love it.

8. The 25th anniversary was freakin' awesome! I don't know what I liked better, the show or the finale afterward!

9. Uh, Erik, no question about it.

10. Most versions, with one exception (LND), I like Raoul. I don't think they are fair or accurate.

11. Not right then, maybe have her come back later. I would take the chance of staying with him, if it was me.

12. I've never really thought about that.

13. I just love the main character and the story, and I can kind of relate to him emotionally.

14. Since Fall 2006.

15. I enjoy being a part of it, I just wish there were more people in OK who liked it.

16. Both, but prefer writing them.

17. Depends on what version.

18. Depends on what she wants advice about.

19. Some of them are good, some are ok, and some suck beyond belief. (including one who's not deformed, the movie whose name shall not be mentioned.)

20. The Phantom, totally!
over a year ago TBUGoth said…
tongue
1. Andrew Lloyd Webber
2. 1925
3. Robert Englund
4. Angel of Music
5. 1987 animated
6 Hello Kitty's Furry Tale Theater: Phantom of the Theater
7. 1943
8. Phantom of the Megaplex
9. Phantom of the Mall
10. 1962
11. 1998
12. 1990
13. Phantom Yeston/Kopit
15 Phantom of the Paradise
16. Phantom of the Opry
17. Wishbone: Pantin at the Opera
18. David Staller
19. 1983
20. Love Never Dies
21. American Dad: Phantom of the Telethon
22. Babar "The Phantom"

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Leroux Erik

4.) Best Christine?

Leroux Christine

5.) Best Raoul?
Leroux Raoul

Meg kidnapps Gustave, Christine's and The Phantom's son, and almost drowns him. When Christine, the Phantom, and Madme Giry arrive to save Gustave, Meg, saying she feels unwanted points a gun at her head, But when the Phantom tells her the most obvious thing that she will never be like Christine, instead of just admiring her friend, because of the latter fact or shooting and killing herself, because of the latter fact, she shoots and kills Chistine! This sounds like premeditated murder. Look how the scene is staged in the video below this information. Also she is bipolar and has these symptoms:

1. Feeling unusually “high” and optimistic OR extremely irritable
2. Unrealistic, grandiose beliefs about one’s abilities or powers
3. Sleeping very little, but feeling extremely energetic
4. Racing thoughts; jumping quickly from one idea to the next
5. Impaired judgment and impulsiveness
6. Acting recklessly without thinking about the consequences
7. Delusions and hallucinations (in severe cases)

So... HOW responsible is she for her actions?

I saw The Phantom of the Opera when I was 12, and I heard the Original London Cast Recording of Love Never Dies when I was 16. By then my life had gone through some MAJOUR changes. For one thing my Dad died 2.75 months after I saw The Phantom of the Opera on stage (believe it or not) and my life was continuing to get worse. When I was 13 I had read "The Phantom of Manhattan" so it was not a surprise to me when Christine died. :( But what Meg said before she shot her sounded JUST like I was feeling by the time I was 16. (added to that my relationship with my sister had gone tough the same stages as Meg and Christine's in Love Never Dies the Australian production in the past eight years at the time) but I HADN'T killed anybody. Why? When I saw the DVD The blocking for "Please Miss Giry I Want to go Back" made it look like Meg MEANT to shoot Christine. Later I found out Meg was Bipolar, and I'm not! Also during a class called "Working with Young Children" I learned that If a child is born less then a year into a marriage it most likely falls apart, which is WHY Christine chooses the Phantom. Also gambling was popular among rich people during the time that the Phantom of the Opera was set. Raoul in the original novel is immature and immature people are impulsive, and do things like drink too much, and gamble. Also the behavior could have been affected by the D'Artoi rescue expedition. What I like about Love Never Dies is it's biases in reality. But, Mr. Webber WHAT HAPPENS NEXT??
I wish I hadn't lost my SD DVD
I hadn't seen the show live in five years, so it's nice to have a DVD of the live show to watch. Can some one help me get my hands on a Program? I can't use PayPal. the Royal Albert Hall is HUGE.
Over the years they've become living people to me, so I like them all, except for Carrlota

Yes I like Rauol. You Just have to except the fact that MOST Phan Phiction is Erik/Christine shipping.and "sexist" is a trait used in most modern writing REGARDLESS of what your reading it's the easy way to make Raoul the villain and I see it a LOT.

Christine chose Raoul. I can't say if I would have stayed with Erik, because I have not been in that situation. I would tell you I would stay, but if that was happening to me, WHAT WOULD I REALLY DO?

IDK

I guess it's because almost all spots that I"m a fan of i can connect with POTO in some kind of way (article on that coming later)

Maybe nine years

It's interesting. Some Phans think they are a "higher class" then other Phans because "they've seen more versions" I'm having fun being part of, and sometimes, observing the behavior of other Phans, I like being part of a community of Phans

yes I read it. thinking of writing some.

I already talk to him about my problems.

Maybe Erik could still love her, but play a different role then boyfriend, just talk to him about types of love.

You can't get closer then Lon Chaney unless you cut your nose off, any phan like to do that? Others? no comment. That's just not how i judge versions

Christine. Much better suited to play Meg in "Love Never Dies" though.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago AaronHaley4ever said…
Gaston Leroux's original novel
The Phantom of Manhattan
1925 Lon Chaney version
1943 Claud Rains version
1962 (?) Herbert Lom version
1989 Robert Englund version
Wishbone Pantin' at the Opera
1998 (?) Julian Sands version
2004 Gerard Butler version
25th anniversary concert

2.) Which version is your favorite? the 25th anniversary concert, by far.

3.) Who do you think is the best Phantom/Erik? Ramin Karimloo, though I also like Hugh Panaro & Gary Mauer.

4.) Best Christine? Emmy Rossum

5.) Best Raoul? Hadley Fraser or Gary Mauer

6.) Thoughts on Love Never Dies? I actually like it a lot. I didn't think it was possible to come up with something as tragic as the original POTO but LND may have surpassed it.

7.) Thoughts on the 2004 movie? I'm glad there was a film version made.

8.) Thoughts on the 25th Anniversary Performance? one word: EPIC!

9.) Who is your favorite character? I don't hate any of the characters but my favorite is Erik. I just relate to him more than the others.

10.) Do you dis/like Raoul? Do you think the phans’ perception of him is fair or accurate? With the exception of LND and the 1998 version, I don't dislike Raoul. I think he gets a bad rap from some phans.

11.) Do you think Christine should have stayed with the Phantom? Would you? While I would've liked to see Erik finally get his happy ending, I can't point the finger and say that Christine was wrong for leaving him. That's not what I would've done, but we all have different reasons for the choices we make.

12.) Who would be in your dream cast for a Leroux or Kay based film? Billy Zane or Jason Isaacs for Erik. Other than that I have no idea!

13.) Why are you a Phantom phan? because I relate a lot to the main character and it's nice to talk to other people who feel the same.

14.) How long have you been a phan? 7 years

15.) What are your thoughts on the “phandom”? I don't have any major complaints. So far everyone's been pretty nice to me.

16.) Do you read or write Phantom fanfiction? I'm trying to write one but keep encountering problems.

17.) What would you say to Erik, should you live long enough after stumbling into his lair? He probably wouldn't believe me, but I'd tell him that I know what it's like to be alienated because of a physical flaw.

18.) What advice would you have given to Christine if she sought your help? I'm probably the last person she should turn to in matters of the heart so I'd refer her to someone more qualified.

19.) What do you think about the various deformities given to the Phantom/Erik in the versions you have seen/read? I thought the best was ramin Karimloo's in the 25th anniversary concert. I thought it was a happy medium, not too pretty, not over-the-top scary

Mme Giry. I think she's an inreseting character and I relate to the LND version of her a lot.
over a year ago Vico14 said…
Versions of 1943, 1989, 1990, 1998 (eeerk), 2004, 25th anniversary on stage and Love Never Dies

Definitely the movie of 2004

Gerard Butler, without a doubt

4.) Best Christine?
Emmy Rossum

5.) Best Raoul?
I hesitate between Adam Storke (from the version of 1990 and Patrick Wilson (from the movie of 2004)

It's very nice. Not always credible and not as good as the Phantom of The Opera but the musics and the decors are beautiful and I like the idea of a sequel.

A. WONDER. I didn't expect it but I totally fell in love with the movie which is now one of my favoutite ones (maybe THE favourite one)

Nice to watch. The costumes are very beautiful and so are decors (especially for something done on a stage, that probably wasn't easy). But I don't really like Sierra Bogess and Ramin Karimloo, I think she simpers too much and he cries too much.

I hesitate between Erik and Christine.

I could have liked him but I dislike him because he's the one who parts Erik and Christine. So as a phan, I can tell that our perception of him isn't objective and I totally assume it.

I'm not sure, it depends on the version because often, the movies are so different from the book (but that doesn't bother me). In the book, I'm not sure, but I'm feeling sad for him about this

Christine : Emma Watson
The Phantom : Jeremy Irvine
Raoul : William Moseley
Carlotta : Zoe Tapper
Meg : Lucy Boynton
Mme Giry : Emily Watson
The Persian : Jeremy Piven

I don't know. Because I love the fact that this is a so unique story ? Because I love how it changes through adaptations.

Since the first hollydays of the year (I don't know how it is called in english because I am French)

I don't really have thoughts about it.

No.

I'm not sure ?
I'm not sure.

1943 : not very original
1989 : Really. Monstruous. but that's the character
1990 : it makes it even more mysterious the fact that we don't see his face. At least, we can imagine. ;
1998 : what the hell ! He's not even deformed or disfigured, the basis of the story disappears !
2004 : scary and yeat so hot !
25th anniversary : a bit ridiculous.

Christine. I admire her so much
over a year ago wanderingchild7 said…
1. Which versions of The Phantom of the Opera have you seen/read?
-Leroux
-1974 Phantom of the Paradise
-1987 animated
-1990 miniseries
- ALW musical
-25th anniversary show
-Hungarian non-replica version (alw musical)
+ a lot of POTO related cartoon episodes like Babar but it would take a lot to write all of them here

2. Which version is your favourite?
The original Leroux novel or the ALW musical. Depends on my mood. :)

3. Who do you think is the best Phantom/Erik?
The original Leroux Erik!!! (Although Michael Crawford is a close second!)

4. Best Christine?
Andrea Maho from the Hungarian cast.

5. Best Raoul?
Steve Barton (R.I.P. :( )

6. Thoughts on LND?
That majestic piece of gross nonsense which has clearly nothing to do with POTO and should be closed forever? Stupid lyrics, annoying visuals, everybody is out of character and the story is digusting not only as a sequel but as an individual too. (*claps sarcastically for alw*)

7. Thoughts on the 2004 movie?
This was the film which brought me back to phandom after a long break. Of course at that time I was in love with the movie and also with Gerik. This was mainly because I knew almost nothing about POTO out of this film. Now I have to say I don't really like it. Gerry is a horrible singer with an ok acting, I still strongly dislike Emmy like I did when I first saw the film, they just made Raoul way too girly (although Patrick Wilson was the best from the main three), I don't like the changes in the backstories and the whole film is ridiculously oversexualized. Also I consider this to be the first step towards LND.

8.Thoughts on the 25th Anniversary Preformance?
Huge disappointment. The whole stuff was made as a prequel to LND. Nice try Webber. Raoul acted like an asshole, of course Ramin's Phantom was introduced as the sexiest most passionate being on Earth and the end when Chrisitne sings All I ask of you to the Phantom coronated the whole. Not to mention that I don't like Ramin. He is passionate which is good when the actor needs to be passionate (Final Lair), but you know he was like "too passionate" a lot of times which made him look too violent and quite abusive towards Christine which just made me feel uneasy. Also he was like shouting all the time even during times he should sing more softly which really deprived the magic from songs like The music of the night and you know for me this kind of singing doesn't really fit to the role of the world's best singer.

9. Who is your favourite character?
Erik! Who else, seriously?

10. Do you dis/like Raoul? Do you think the phan's perception of him is fair or accurate?
I like him! (except Hadley Fraser, Lnd Raouls, Kay Raoul and that guy from the miniseries) I think his perception amongst a lot of phans is really inaccurate. I hear a lot of people say that they hate Raoul for taking Chrisitne away from the Phantom, or having a less manly personality than Erik (you know that he is a fop). First of all: Raoul did not take her away, but she chose him. Technically Raoul was the one who had the smallest role in the final decision. He was just simply there. Also I think if Chrisitne would have wanted to stay with Erik, Raoul would have let her because he loved her. If you want to blame someone because of the ending, then blame Christine for making the choice she did, or Erik for letting Chrisitne go. Secondly: Raoul is not a fop. Look up for this word in the dicitonary and you will probably see it. And keep it in mind: if Christine finds Raoul attractive and is in love with him it's her decision. You can say that it is gross but don't let it grow into Raoul hatred, because he basically didn't do anything again.

11. Do you think Christine should have stayed with the Phantom? Would you?
Again I can just repeat what I said in the previous point: she mad her own decision. She loved Raoul and she went with him which I'm happy about. As for me i think if I were in Chrisitne's place (not knowing the Phantom, already having a boyfriend) I would make the same decision. But as I'm single I would totally give him a chance!!!! And it also depends on which Phantom are we talking about. So stay away from me Julian Sands or Kay Erik, but Leroux Erik or Michael Crawford can come anytime. :P

12. Who would be your dream cast for a Leroux or Kay based film?
I have commpletely no idea. My only expectation is that the actors who sing should be good singers. Especially Erik. It would be really interesting to see how modern technology could create Erik's deformity and I would really enjoy a film based on the original novel, but I strongly dislike the Kay novel so I hope that it will never be a film.

13. Why are you a Phantom phan?
I love the whole story. It has some magic and beautiful moral that will never get old. I also adore it's artistic and gothic aspects. And at last but of course not least there is Erik who is I think one of the most interesting characters (maybe the most interesting) who I've ever seen/heard/read about and I can relate to him a lot. I could write thousands of sentences about how amazing the story and Erik's caharacter is, but these are my main aspects in a nutshell.

14. How long have you been a phan?
For exactly ten years. Since the age of seven. My mom showed me the CD and I fell in love with the Phantom's VOICE. Seriously I had no idea about how he really looks like and only knew the story in big details but I just loved his voice. He was my childhood crush (and now my teenage crush..).

15. What are your thoughts on the phandom?
I like the majority of the community, but I get really annoyed by those who think that their headcanon/favourite version/favourite actor etc. is a matter of life and death and they act rudely with people who think differently.

16. Do you read or write phanfiction?
I once tried to write one for myself, but it's not my genre. I never read them. I have my own headcanon. I respect the others's but I'm not interested in them.

17. What would you say to Erik, should you live long enough after stumbling into his lair?
Depends on which version, but let's take an Erik I love. Probably he would be really mad at me first so I would explain that I have come with peace. ;) Then if I'm still alive I would say that I can undertsand his situation, hug him, give him a big kiss on his cheek and tell him that now he can cry freely and tell me everything what saddenes him. If he still doesn't kill me probably after he cried out every drop of water from his body and calmed down we would end up talking about some artsy macabre stuff... If he is Leroux Erik or Michael Crawford's interpretation I would ask him out for a date. :D

18. What advice would you have given Christine if she sought your help?
Again: which Christine? And what kind of help? Probably I would talk a lot with her about the memory of her father and her feelings for the two men considering every aspects so she wouldn't be so confused.

19. What do you think about the various deformities given to the Phantom/Erik in the versions you have seen/read?
Leroux: I adore it!
1925: Just simply wow.
1943: Sunburn
1962: Ok...
1974 (Phantom of the Paradise). OK.
1987 (animated) They basically kept the Lon Chaney look with green skin so ok.
1990: I love that we cannot see it, but I would really want to!
ALW musical: Love it, but depends a lot on the actors face. I wish they still used the mismatched eyes contact lenses!
2004: Sunburn tried to make it look hot (but still better than the 1943 one)
Hungarian non-replica musical: Good, pretty gross, but it looks more like a scar than a birth defect.
(+ I have no idea what do they wanted with the Julina Sands film...)

20. If you could play any of the characters (gender not an issue) who would you like to play?
Erik
last edited over a year ago