Huddy "Huddy Break Room"....'cause no new epi for 4 weeks

bluehue posted on Mar 17, 2010 at 12:56AM
Our new (but not improved) thread to gather & discuss anything and everything Huddy...while we wait alot & worry a little for next episode of House. Share, vent, laugh, cry, speculate, educate..free group hugs! We have fresh, crisp, blank pages to fill. So resume your positions and please go on & on & on. LOL.

Huddy 424 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 424

over a year ago bluehue said…
smile
Just in case, I didn’t want this to get lost in the shuffle...
@Delia Question: Posted earlier today.
Of it's either/or (and it probably will be, it usually is, in "House" as well as in life), what would you honestly pick: A)House staying clean from his addiction and on track with his recovery, but without Lisa OR B) House falling back into his old ways, back on Vicodin and reluctant to keep up the good changes in him, but together with Cuddy in a disfunctional relationship? (Because it is important to take into consideration that Cuddy is a screwed up person too, and while he could not get her to be with him while clean and nice, his fall and his suffering might activate her crazy sense of guilt and responsibility, and that would be what sets Huddy off.)
over a year ago Belle0308 said…
You know, I can't really answer that question because I don't think that House and Cuddy are as screwed up as everyone makes them out to be. They have jobs, homes, they are productive people. I see a lot of seriously messed up people every day and I think that too much is made of their dysfunction instead of just that they are lonely and needy.

I am a little bit of a idealist though. ...lol.

I found this about the song "Whiter Shade of Pale" on wikepedia. Not that it means a whole lot, but I thought it was interesting.

"The author of Procol Harum: beyond the pale, Claes Johansen, suggests that the song "deals in metaphorical form with a male/female relationship which after some negotiation ends in a sexual act."[8] This is supported by Tim de Lisle in Lives of the Great Songs, who remarks that the lyrics concern a drunken seduction, which is described through references to sex as a form of travel, usually nautical, using mythical and literary journeys.[10] Other observers have also commented that the lyrics concern a sexual relationship."

Which would explain the use last night some.

DB, I like you pointing out that this was a transition episode. I was talking to some others and we figure that this point in the season it has to be tough to come up with something interesting. I thought it was ok, but probably my least favorite episode of the season. I didn’t hate it though. House has always KNOWN what was going on around him, but he seems almost super human lately.

I agree with DB that he legitimately wanted to help Taub instead of mocking him. I appreciate that.

I am starting to think that they have been building up the Hilson relationship this year in an attempt to make the separation when Sam comes back into Wilson’s life seem more difficult on House. You can’t miss something that isn’t there, therefore the need to build up Hilson.

I am still going with the theory, as goofy as it sounds that Cuddy will be the woman that sleeps with House…BUT…I know it is a long shot. In fact, I am pretty sure I am wrong.

I also think that IF the spoiler about the woman in the building is true, it will be someone significant to one of them.

In any case, I am just looking forward to the next episodes.

over a year ago LipschitzWrath said…
Well I know now where our new spot is. Unfortunately, I got HUMPED UP at work today. About the time I made my last post this morning, I was busy as shit for about 9 hours straight. Wound up not getting out of that hell hole till 7 tonight.

Anyways, I am too tired to really post right now. I'll try to break free at work tomorrow. Good Night!
LW...I was wondering too about the vicodin bottle, since Belle mentioned it. At first I ran down similar options as you did.
1. An empty bottle may just be an empty bottle. (Though a well placed prop usually means something).
2. A prank to set off Wilson...the constant caregiver...to stop worrying!
3. A cry for help..maybe even subconsciously.

OR..what about in BSN..when House confused the vicodin bottle with Cuddy’s lipstick. He held on to it so dearly because it represented they had sex the night before. Hmm? In his way, a Cuddy token.

Cuddy, Wilson & the loft was a bit strange, because Wilson was in the middle of a lie about furnishing "Amber’s" old apartment. Cuddy let him off the hook easy. Like Buddy TV reviewer points out, the title theme of the episode was everywhere, so maybe Cuddy conveyed, in her 2 seconds, that she just doesn’t want to get sucked into the Hilson “Black Hole" right now.

I don’t think I can answer Delia’s question. The old between a rock & a hard place option. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but ethically I guess I would choose House to stay off vicodin & no Cuddy. If only for the many patients he could then save.

I don’t know about the “Knight’s Fall” spoilers yet. But the title could mean so many things. LW listed a few goodies. Yes, wonder if it fits into Cuddy’s “fairy tale” that may go poof! Good Knight!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Beatrix8520 said…
'Morning people! :D Ah! This is way much better: new thread, new page, fresh air....I was starting to feel a little claustrophobic there XD Too crowded with too posts XD I had trouble finding the begining of the latest discussion :P

@DB.....wow!! I can fucking believe it! I got up having exactly the same thought and wanted to post a pick! :O I was thinking, what's better?

a)Season 5, in which House was still a drug addict: miserable, smart, funny, adorable in his own gloomy way, but often so mean to Cuddy you would have like to smash his head on the floor....BUT when she hopelessly always got back to him....so we had the Huddy episodes of the century...or...
6)season 6, in which our doctor is definetely better, he got off the drugs, he is getting caring and caring towards his friends and he STILL is funny, smart and adorable...where he made huge steps forward and the only DAMN woman in the worldwide universe who's so blidn to fail to notice is fatefully the one he/we are in love with? XD
Incredible! I couldn't believe it when I read it!!

@BH on to the vicodin bottle, it could mean nothing really. Remember a few eps ago when House needed to come back home to take a few things and he found a full bottle in the pocket of the jacket he had hanging in the closet? They showed that in the promo and some people back then freaked out too. Turned out he was just recalling painful memories. So do not jump to comclusion. As I said, I found it hard to belive they build up House's recovery so well for destroying everything he had done in a blow with some lame pretext....I mean, I am not saying he couldn't take a pill, all I am saying is, even if he does, that's not said it's going to be merely as nightmarish as we are picturing it. Maybe he taking the pill will drive Cuddy to him, confronts him....revealing how much she still deeply cares. She could be furious at him, get into a fight or something....who knows.

On to the title of the final ep, I still stick to the idea it's gonna be related both to the POTW's situation and the characters' lives.

Freaking thought: what if the part in which the spoilers talk about a disaster like a build collapsing or something and the season closes with someone trapped into the building or crashed under a roof or sth? = S What if it's Cuddy? What if it's House? What if it's Wilson?....*panicking*
over a year ago huddyislove said…
cool
Ok, the name of this thread is a bit funny XD
You said No Huddy cause there's no new ep in 4 weeks.

There's no Huddy. PERIOD XDDDD

I haven't seen anything in more than 4 months,
sure this moment from Private Lives was awesome,
but come on....

If season 5 was our junky fix,
season 6 would be a withdrawal.
And a painful one, really painful one :P
wink
I respectfully disagree sweetie :) Huddy has been there all along. Difference is we haven't had Huddy conventional moments as last year. But the fact their feelings are hanging there it's undeniable. I don't think it's a withdrawal, on the contrary I belive in terms of development of their relationship the season is much more significant than the previous one in which we only got explosively hot scenes and wonderful moments of banter...God I missed those times =,)

Anyway my point is...fingers crossed, don't lose faith and try to look at the big picture ;)

Hugs
@Belle LOL! I post over my posts as you! XD But as I live on the other side of the world...all I have left is arguing with myself...and Hilly occasionally :D
Anyway just read your comment on the Taub situation and I was thinking I am not so sure about the fact it would be "bad" for us to find out he is ceating again....at least it would fit the pattern. Let me explain.

The thing is the more I watch this show the more I think the point they are trying to make all long is that appearences are deciving. Anyone has a "dark side", and we all keep it well hidden from the others but sooner or later, we reveale ourselves for what we really are. Think about it.

Foreman in the beginning seemed like the good cautious doctor you could always count on. He sounded mature and beyond some vilness and little mind games, when in a relationship of love or just frindship with someone else. On the contrary, both with Cameron on the medical article issue and with Thirteen, he revealed himself, in brief, an egocentric, selfish jerk.

Cameron looked like the innocent, naive but caring doctor who just needed to grow up a little more. Instead she finally proved she was just as norrow-minded as she sounded. She often showed a stricted moralistic naive view on the world, and she finally dumped Chase proving herself incapable of comprhension and forgiveness.

Thirteen has an undecided personality as well as she is still caught up in the middle of her undecided sexual preferences. She let the others orient her view and sometimes she is really unable to stick to her own view of the world, altough she apparently is a strong, selfconfident, indipendent woman.

Wilson might be caring and thoughtful but he isn't even able to define himself as a man, buying some stupid furniture; he often judge people and situations too quickly and can be just as mean as everybody else.

Cuddy at the beginning sounded just like a bossy bitch, whereas she proved herself a much more complex character...She always would like to do the right thing and she tends to end up sucked into this little perfect view of "the world as it should be" (her own included) she pitures in her mind, actually missing "reality" for the way it is.

Chase looked like the guy who would never give up his innocence: you know rich, priviledged, tough but still well protected in his gold cage...and in a very Housian way on the contrary he decided to risk his carrer in the sake of sth he thought even more important than his own life and sense of guilt.

And Taub...well I love Taub but his attitude could be (and has been already) much more common and classic than we expect....he is a good guy or a bad guy?

Are they all bad? or good? What's the point in defining them? Could we really accept someone as a friend or a lover without taking into account objectively his pros and cons?

So see....everybody lies. Ironically the only one who shows himself exactly for what he is, it's the same one the others blame of any lack of moral value, touchlessness and selfishness. Let alone the fact that lately, even if he tries hard to be different and proves he experienced a growing process...what's the thing the others keep looking for when they see him? His weeknesses.

Apparenced can be decieving...and that applies to the spoilers we keep getting out of nowhere too ;)
Hilly is right. Not many Huddy scenes to hang our hats on in S6. So we have to look deeper into the show's undercurrent and feel our way in the dark, as to where this is all leading us. Not easy. I do think that we are about to change directions, after this last "transitional" as Delia put it. Fresh storylines are on the way.

WoW Bea, quite a studious character recap you put together for us. I think you are right about House being the exception to "Everyone Lies." In his case, it's usually more like "The Ugly Truth."

Oh oh, what’s this Bea? You’ve hit the panic button!
Refering to your “freaking thought” up there. Yes, first a little “shout out” to LW, who predicted Taubie cheating..& here I thought guy with nose was a repentant sinner. Well, I think you may be right about this pending disaster.
Why? Because they have not given us a mega disaster closer yet, so we are due. “Help Me”...rings true to that. Someone trapped, someone hurt, someone to save, someone to loose..I mean love!
big smile
LOL! You're right BH, I am in a gloomy panic mode right now XD
Feels like it's all I have left right now...neither "Drive" could cheer me up today: I was running along the river listening to it and as soon as I realized I wasn't able to picture Huddy in mind the way I used to, I turned it down murmoring a disappointed "...lot of crap....":P

Swingy Moody Bea is back....Regardless, Huddy faith deep inside keeps shining ;)
I used to enjoy House so much more before I got hooked on Huddy....
laugh
Tell me about it....Joy was the worst and the best it could happen to me XD
When Huddy happens it feels so good you want more...kind of the definition of being "hooked". Something oldmovie said on a pick a few weeks ago stuck in my mind in regards to S6 & Luddy arc..that Lucas was put there just so we can watch House win Cuddy back. That is a good thing to remember.
laugh
:DD I like this outlook :DD Find it cheery enough to switch my mood back to the Huddopless mode XD

I told you, you always find a way to make me smile B.!
Love you so much woman ;)
As much as I'd like to believe that about Lucas' purpose, I dunno if that is true. Looking at how he has appeared so far this season, I think there are other possibilities. One being, to give Lisa a taste of her "perfect little world" and show her that it isn't practical. Bear in mind, this is NOT the same thing as showing her that she wants to be with House.

Cuddy can break up with Lucas without being with House, but she can't be with House without breaking up with Lucas (minus the unlikely affair scenario). What I am trying to say is that while they appear to be intermixed, the Luddy break-up and the Huddy get-together are not requisites of each other. As much as I would hate it, I could also see the writers torturing us this way - break up Luddy, but draw out Huddy even painfully moreso than it is already.

Maybe that's what we'll see at the end of S6. They will break Luddy up in the closing moments. That will get all of us Huddies crapping our pants over the summer, but then when we come back for S7, they'll avoid Huddy and not approach it.

God, I get SOOO frustrated just thinking about that. I will quit watching if that's what they do.
angry
DO not EVER think a thing like that!!! :OOOOO

Good night guys...I see so much sense and truth in LW's words, I feel like crying my frustration out laud too...so, in oder to keep my room in this appartment, as other people are already sleeping, I am gonna shut up, biting my fist in the effort of not losing it XD

Back to gloomy mood mode...can't keep doing this XD

Ray of sun required instantly...I'll pray for some amazing spoiler, revelation, intreview, leak...whatever...to come out, to give us the hope THIS damn ray...of THIS fucking long awaited "sun of a beach" is gonna show up EVENTUALLY :P
over a year ago Delia_Beatrice said…
Blue, on that bottle of Vicodin, (if that one's true): i think i mentioned it before, the first thing that came to my mind was that he keeps it with him at all times as a reminder of what he had lost and suffered through and as a motivator to keep on staying clean. So my interpretation is somewhere around the Cuddy token (in fact, a reminder of what he was like on the pills and before therapy and why he lost her).

Also, Beatrix, another Kodak moment for the two of us: like you, i've been tossing around this vision in my head, that when Wilson sees the bottle and freaks out, he'll call Cuddy to join him when they confront House (like Wilson did when confronted with the dog pee:))))) Now that could be an interesting emotional scene...

Beatrix, i guess we are bound to think alike after all this time we spend obssesing about the same things:)))))) Well, to answer my own question (OUR own question:))): i may seem as a jerk, but i'd rather he went back on Vicodin and was in a relationship with Lisa. My reasons: i doubt we'll ever get "perfect bliss" on "House", so House off the pill +emotionally balanced +spreading good deeds left and right +having Cuddy = not "House":(((( So if anything is to be wrong and painful in his life, i would switch the current situation in order to get them together.
Also, he was just as brilliant a doctor while he was taking Vicodin, and he would be a brilliant doctor, on Vicodin, but who has undergone extensive therapy AND has the love of his life with him - so he would not be a complese mess like he was before, he'd be better.

Wow. And do the final few messages drown me in despair... I am so frustrated, i could scream! I MISS them so much! I miss them like crazy! I miss them like i would miss a lover of my own! And the point is - we all do. What does that tell us? That it is freaking INTENTIONAL.
We all got hooked on Huddy because the writers wanted us to. We got hooked on something that was there, building up and building up under our eyes - we didn't invent Huddy. We didn't fall in love with crazy stuff we made up ourselves. We didn't get hooked on the prospect of House hooking up with Wilson's mother:) We feel in love with what they gave us - and they constructed Huddy for a reason.
They built up season 5 for a reason (bless their souls) and they created BSN for a reason. They stepped back from Huddy and threw us in the dark despair of season 6 for a reason too - yes, it is a DELIBERATE creative move, the constant and horrific and heartbreaking lack of Huddy (not even tiny, ordinary, impersonal scenes, nearly all season...).
That reason is to continue to build Huddy and take it to the next level, where they finally have a chance for something real and true and complete. Think about it:

HOUSE:
Could House have made her happy in season 5? NO.
Could House have made her happy in season 6, if she hadn't hooked up with Lucas? MAYBE.
But does he love her and cherish her and value her more now, after he has felt the pain of losing her, after he has had time to look deep inside himself, at his feelings and his sorrow and his remorse and his mistakes? YES.
Could House's journey to a better self be just as successful if she was with him? MAYBE. But it wouldn't have been just as deep. This is the kind of journey that a person has to take on their own. He needed to become a better person for himself and for the ones close to him, and the fact that he did it all by himself (mommy!:))) is VERY, VERY meaningful.

CUDDY:
Could Cuddy have been happy with him in season 5 (it IS a different thing from "could he make her happy" - we need to consider her needs and her own issues and her own vulnerabilities here)? NO.
Could Cuddy have been happy with him in season 6 (had she not hooked up with Lucas), after everything that he put her through, after the numerous occasions in which she felt humiliated by him? NO. Yeap, my answer to this is NO. No, because her ego was too affected. No, because she felt like she could never trust him. No, because she was still too hurt. No, because she was so scared. No, because she not only doubted his abilities to have a "normal" relationship, she doubted her own abilities to have a "normal" personal life. This is the one area of her life where she always felt insecure, this is the one thing she feared her entire life - her personal handicap of not being able to make a relationship (and a family) work.
Did Lucas function as a bandaid for her hurt ego as a woman? YES.
Did Lucas function as a central line of confidence, regarding her relationship issues? YES. Lucas made it easy for her to carry on this uncomplicated relationship in a "normal" way. She got a breath of fresh air. She feels more "normal" now than ever: a baby, a boyfriend. She learned that she can do it - and i think it's pretty much the first time in her life.
Did she notice House's amazing changes and his evolution? I DOUBT IT.
Will she notice it? YES.
Will she be overwhelmed by it? YES.
Will she have the experience with Lucas as "normality" to compare with her feelings for House, that will explode in her once again? YES.
What will that comparison tell her? That between normal, but ordinary, and screwed up+complicated, but extraordinary, there really is no choice - not for a woman like her, who 20 years before, had followed a med student throughout campus and staged situations so she could meet him, because she was so amased and excited by his brilliance and originality.

She will fall back in love with House, and he will be better at it, and she will be better at it - so overall, their chances to get it right will be better than ever. Season 6 so far was the necessary ordeal they had to go through. It was the necessary educational journey, of trials and pain, for both of them, a journey towards better selves and a better couple.
A couple of thoughts after reading your thoughts…
Once an addict, ALWAYS an addict. LW pointed out before the likely hood of failing again. House is probably going to relapse at some point and to some degree. There are variables we don’t know and even if midway through next season he is clean and sober and Cuddy and him get together, he MIGHT fall at some point. In a real relationship it is something that would always be a factor.

In general, everyone needs to think just a little more positively around here…PLEASE!..lol. You guys are bumming me out.

Ok, things are probably going to get worse before they get better. I think that a big chunk of this year has been about relationships. Foreteen, Taub & Rachel, Foreman & his Brother, Chameron, Hilson…most every relationship has been addressed with one exception, the one that was stalled back at the start of the season. In one dance we learned what we wanted to know, some of the start of Huddy back twenty years ago and then we also had that relationship hit a brick wall. At the same time, it already had hit a brick wall. A mental hospital and having sex with someone else while in the mental institute are a little bit of a brick wall also.

Of course, everyone seems more focused on how Cuddy started dating Lucas and that is what the issue is. I would have to wonder what was going on with Cuddy if she truly wanted to have a relationship with a person within months of them being released from a mental hospital. I love House, I believe Cuddy loves him too, but being in a mental hospital is some serious stuff.

I have heard people say that someone as smart as Cuddy wouldn’t get involved with Lucas. I don’t but that one. Smart women get involved with men that aren’t that good for them all the time. The same goes for smart men. The really smart ones usually manage to get out of it though. That is the difference.

@Bea, I love your little assessment of the characters. More than any other show I have ever seen, this show has a way of making what you think about someone turn around and suddenly, you wonder what you were thinking in the first place.

Hilly…doll…Not a lot of apparent Huddy, but I KNOW you know that they are always thinking about each other. At the end of 5 to 9 when the phone rings and her eyes open…I think that said a lot. Him finding her wherever she was…I don’t know, it might not be much but it is something.

House as a show rules, but part of that is Huddy…PERIOD. Don’t fight it, just accept it. ; )

It’s like this, I haven’t seen the sun in the past 10 days and today, IT SHINED! I believe the sun is there, even when I don’t see it. Even when it is really hard to believe it because I am down because it is so cloudy. Just like that, I believe that Huddy is there even when I don’t see it and it seems bleak
Don’t make me go all “Irish” on everyone because it really is my holiday today. ; )
I am just gonna refrain from commenting until I have something more constructive to say. Work sucks and so that spills over and puts me in a bad mood for everything else...
DB...if you and I DIDN'T post at the same time, I would be shocked...lol.
over a year ago rosehustle1 said…
Delia_Beatrice, I agree with a lot of what you said,but I have a feeling when Cuddy finally realizes all the strides that House has made he will be with someone else. I can see the writers putting in a serious relationship with his own 'uncomplicated' love interest, but much like Lucas, this character will be around for a while. I'd be fine with this if the character was someone like Cate Milton, someone I'd at least respect for House. I think that is a big reason people don't like Lucas. No one takes him seriously as a choice for Cuddy and because of that he isn't respected. I still think they should have chosen someone else for her.
over a year ago Jessicatt said…
"I think that is a big reason people don't like Lucas. No one takes him seriously as a choice for Cuddy and because of that he isn't respected. I still think they should have chosen someone else for her."

rosehustle1, that is EXACTLY the problem that I have with the whole Luddy relationship storyline. They just seem completely mismatched. I really can't understand why she would pick him. I know House just came back from an institution not too long ago, and so Cuddy would be hesitant to get involved with him even if she wanted to, but why Lucas? I think that if TPTB were going to match her up with someone other than House, then maybe a new character should have been brought in.
over a year ago playingcold said…
@rosehustle1 and Jessicatt
You two made very good points!

"I think that if TPTB were going to match her up with someone other than House, then maybe a new character should have been brought in."

Something popped in mind. Do you remember that TPTB wanted to make a Lucas spin-off because they liked his character? I can imagine that they brought back his character A) to test the audience IF they can accept a series based on Lucas B) they dropped the idea of the spin-off but wanted to see the character again. So they've made Luddy-arc. Knowing that Michael Weston has now a new job on the Broadway and the audience (NOT ONLY Huddies) does not like Lucas, both options failed.

BTW it's great to be in a new topic (as someone wrote "a breath of fresh air"). I've read all your comments and all I can say is that the Huddy-fans are very smart people and I'm so happy to be the part of this spot! :)))
"But it wouldn't have been just as deep. This is the kind of journey that a person has to take on their own. He needed to become a better person for himself and for the ones close to him"

"Season 6 so far was the necessary ordeal they had to go through. It was the necessary educational journey, of trials and pain, for both of them, a journey towards better selves and a better couple"

Coundl't agree more on these statements @DB! It's the same way I see it...or better said, after refleting on the writers'choices, that's the way I think they have planned it. Had it been up to me, I would have let them have real sex in UMS; had it been up to me, I would have make him jump over her when they first (ok second) met after his recovery; had it been up to me, Lucas would last maximum a couple of weeks.
BUT, looking at the big picture, many deep breaths after the first half of the season :P, I realized this narrative arc it's the most realistic we could ever ask for. The timing of their development as characters it's just as it should be.

@Rosehustle I hear you, but according to House's psycology I think it's highly difficult. I mean, House doesn't like compromise. He always speaks his mind, no matter what. Lately, he has been learning how to be the guy he is, without hurting the people he loves. That requires a lot of effort for him, but he is succeding and he is learning how to advise people, in his own insightful and perceptive way, without spit the truth out without concern for the consequences. Regardless, he is always the same guy who doesn't like to having to settle for compromises. I can't picture him staying in a relationship with someone he doens't admire and feels attracted to, deeply. It's not like he can't have one-night-stands or falling for woman as easily as everyone else, but I pretty much see him mostly as a long-term relationship guy: it takes him a long time to trust and love, and he never goes for it unless he is ready to compromise his way of thinking, which is quite unconventional, to the needs of the other person (and even if he does, he never gives up his personality totally; mostly woman like Stacy know the way he thinks and acts and just learn to deal with it; take it or leave up to now)
Take into account neither Stacy or Cuddy are woman who are that different from him, though...Cuddy more than Stacy always ends up thinking like him, backing him up, seeing his point of view, telling others he is right even if she never forgets telling them he is a crazy jerk (sort of unconscious self defence against the fact that she admires him beyond words, if you ask me. See the look she gave him two eps ago).
Lydia's case was different. They were in a particular situation in a state of emotional instability and need. He just hang onto her that desperately because she was his savior. Or so he thought. Actually House saved himself all alone. Neither Cuddy had a role in that part. I think this is the most significant aspect of his recovery: it proves he is way stroger than he, his friend and us ourslef had ever thought and gave him credit for.
sunny
LW...sounds like you are overworked at the moment. All the more reason to feel free to vent out your misgivings. You have a solid about the notion of Huddy magically starting up because Luddy ends. True! However, do you concede that Lucas is merely an obstacle for House & Cuddy to dance around? I think so. DS said as much.

BTW, I read yesterday that DS & I share the same astrological cancerian sign of crab..me July 5 & DS July 3. On a totally imaginary level, I suddenly pretend to understand a possible emotional layer. Notorius procrastinators but always come through, are extremely sentimental...so will get around to Huddy.....eventually. There ya have it! Oh, AND "we're" sensitive, so don't hurt me!

Back to "reality"... maybe a catch-22 flaw in your “either or question” Delia.
1. House on vicodin but with Cuddy. 2. House off vicodin and no Cuddy.
Flaw: Cuddy doesn't want House if he's on vicodin. So, back to banter only.
However, this is a medical mystery show, so maybe one of these “choice” scenarios could be a new pain treatment on the horizon for House.

On to the awesome comment combo of @ rosehustle, jessicat & playcold.
Lucas was never summed up so well! Luddy mismatch? YES. Like, fish flavored ice cream. Good thing guys. Why? If Cuddy was swept off her feet by a better man, we would have given up on Huddy last September.

I'll savor your comments for last & later Bea...or I’ll go on too long here & your eyes will all glaze over! Yea, Belle saw sunshine yesterday, me too. Yellow daffodils are popping up! Spring is eternal.

WILD speculation of the day: The "other woman?" Taub's wife. She was turned on by House's sexting! Ok, now how does it feel Taub?! (Another of House's "good deeds," this time to fix Taubie once & for all perhaps..and no real harm done). Go ahead..laugh.
laugh
Taub's....wi...wi...!! Your mind is really evil BH! XD Go away!! I can't sleep with this image in mind!! XD Please! They are horrible together! What about the well-known Debby from accounting? ;) I have always picture her in some sexy scene with Wilson but I could make an exception...

Can't wait to read "all" you wanted to say @Bh...and BTW @DB I am for the Cleaned&Sober version. I'll be satisfied enough when he will be able to win her back, keeping the promise he made to himself: do not avoid the pain. Fight it.

@BH!! Your birthday is on July?? The 5th? Ds, the 3th? Belle's a cancer tooo! I was born the 4th!!! Mystic concidences XD
laugh
OMG !! You're kidding? Too much. I'm laughing crying at the same time..typical. Well, this explains a few of these hopeless mood swings. There there girLs. We can't help it. It's not our fault. Eh eh.. you really made my day Bea! Yes, kind of mystical. The stars & planets are aligning, let's hope it's a good sign. LOL. (You're a "firecracker baby" Bea, born on USA Independence Day). July 3, 4, 5.....

You sleep on that Bea...it's Taubie's wife! You know I'm right, we're soul mates now after all.
big smile
House and Taub's wife, Rachel??? Maybe we should start a new ship - Rouse or Hachel or something like that XD XD XD
You're freaking me out @BH...last time you made a call, you were right XD

My mother always says I am a free spirit ;)
laugh
Rachouse!!!
laugh
Housel!!!
laugh
....and they started dacing around together, hooked on, randomly picking cute ships' names XD
laugh
Oh no..what'd I miss? New ship ahoy! Rachouse ! Housel ! Haaaaaaa.
Okay guys..let's say we edit out our last 9 posts before rest of gang shows up & runs us out of town. Houchel !!!
Lol! I think I am past the point of caring right now.
My biggest pet peeve at the moment are people tweeting GY about unconfirmed rumors. People that call themselves Huddies and then act like two year olds really get on my nerves...

Ok, enough of that.
I am good with the Rachouse thing. I feel sorry for Taub's wife. I know that seems dumb, but I kind of do.

Ok, on to serious stuff later. Too tired right now. I love you guys though...keep going. It's really entertaining.
I think I am going to ship Stebbie.
Steve McQueen the Rat and Debbie the Death Cat.

I SHIP STEBBIE!
heart
Stebbie!!! Ow, how cute!
laugh
And Stebbie it is!! XD
I was re-watching "Under My Skin" last night because I needed a little Huddy "pick-me-up". As you might expect, I chose not to follow-up and watch "Both Sides Now".

Anyways, I have a question about S6 - whatever happened to House's motorcycle? You know, the Honda CBR600RR Repsol Edition??? That bike was hot! I rode one once a few years ago. In the distance of one city block, I accelerated from 25 mph up to 132 mph. Those things really are death machines. I own just about every kind of toy besides one of those. Hell, look what I did with my 4-wheeler (broken ankle). I'd just flat kill myself with a bullet bike.

Anyways, I am just curious. Do you think House still has it? I don't think we've seen it or even heard a comment about it this season. I mean, I can understand if he got rid of it as part of "leaving his old life behind". But part of me thinks he should keep it. If nothing else, I think they could do some cute Huddy scenes with the motorcycle.

I know it's a stretch, but could you imaging House and Cuddy showing up to work together on his bike? How funny and cute would that be???
heart
It would be wonderful! *eyes shape heart-like*
han
I wondered the same thing LW...I loved the motorycle! It made him so cool...even cooler than he usually is with his marvelous sneakers and his schoking flamed cane XD

God I miss season 3...he was so sexy back there! XD
I am still trying to find out what kind of glasses he wore when he rode. I want a pair! I think they are Oakley Juliet's (which are almost $400), but I can't confirm. And Google's showing me no love...
cool
Nice image LW...of course it would be smokin' sweet, especially both in leather jackets.

It's too nice of a day to write too much..so editing down my post...not that
anyone reads this stuff!

I know Bea...S3, darn it all, time marches on!
@BH! Don't get me wrong! He IS still damn sexy! Just season 3...I don't know maybe the hair...or the sunglasses LW was talking...or the motorcycle XD

I have a serious soft spot for this man BTW...I think if I met him on the street I could melt right away and probabily I'd start stammering....last time I was watching the ep and you know, sometimes when the medical stuff come out I had to pay more attention and now and then give a look at the English subtitles, eitherwise I lose myself and can't understand the diagnosis: anyway this time I was able to follow the dialogue so I avert my gaze from the lines and suddenly found Hugh Larie giant-size on my screen with that pair of blue eyes and that expression on his face.....XDDD D I am still recovering...I wonder how Cuddy/Lisa could live like that :PP
sunny
Me too Bea...a very special soft spot for the HL man. Did you see his latest Band From TV video? He was dancing across the stage in blue suede tennis shoes...so endearing. I see your dilemma in watching the show...read subtitles or gaze at Hugh? Aaahhh. I'm sure he'd be touched.

@Bea..just to follow-up, I caught up & read your longer post yesterday. Insightful & thoughful as always. I could easily respond 3 pgs. worth, but I’ll restrain myself. Delia’s highlighted paragraphs were smart & helpful too.

I would only add or nod in agreement that it's important to try & discuss or decipher the writer’s logic. This is why the forum can be a positive thing. Slows down & redirects our immediate reactions, forces us to reason why. We see that scripts cannot rush Huddy without first building on actual circumstances, as the events unfold..or It would not ring true, continuity lost. House & Cuddy are moving along separate parallels right now, "individual paths," and the narrative arc will have them converge when it makes perfect sense.

Well...LW is off to buy some expensive shades...and I must go walk my dog on this beautiful day! Later...

Oh yea..picking up on Belle’s cute STEBBIE!..I must say that along with Huddy, I was really rooting for “Hector” to stay with House & be a show regular. When the dog limped away down the hall, looked back at House, lifting his hurt little paw, I teared up.
heart
NOOOO! A spot I didn't know about! They probabily don't air it here!!! Damn!

I think this italian one is the best. It's the spot for the italian pay-tv. They are trying to decide what to buy for Christmas for the viewers, you know (obviously they come up with the new SKY Pack which is some sort of "special" gift pack they sell for christmas...they essentially reason on the best present to do all along. BTW Ibrahimovich on the background playing endlessly with his ball and Uma Thruman reproaching him LOL!

link

I think that sweater looks amazing on him...and shall we talk of the wonderful he looks when he is pacing? XDD My favorite spot XDD
BTW you hear the italian voice? I think it totally ruined his charme =(

Sorry for this digression guys ;) We'll stop it here and we'll be back to more serious issues tomorrow, I promise :D
It's wierd to see him walking around without a limp...
over a year ago mysuspicionis said…
OOh season three blue shirt House--with the linen blazer or the Meaning episode with the suits :) I love Steve McQueen too! I have two spiny mice because someone was going put an injured one out of its misery and I took it and the littermate home because I hate for animals to die. (Yet I don't touch them because I'm scared of them??? and I eat meat) I named them Steve McQueen and Paul Newman but recently found out they are girls. I loved that House had a pet (baby steps to becoming human and of course its a rat not a dog or something warm and fuzzy) I had the idea of Rachel too, but then she always talks badly about Taub's boss. It hurt when Taub walked by with the nurse at the end---I wanted to punch him. I also had the terrible fear about Cameron before it was posted. I suddenly had a paranoid thought one day. What if they planned Cameron all along and they never really switched over to Cuddy and they are messing with us and she is House's one night stand? etc. etc. Fortunately I remembered that it has been stated many ways that Cameron/House is over. But the one night thing bothers me because it would cater to those fans so.... Also while I ramble (I have car trouble so not much else I can do) I am so excited about Wilson and his first wife Sam. She seems like she could be his Stacey but perhaps they could end up together if House gets Cuddy. I know--two happy couples at the series finale in House Land? She seems like she will be very independent and interact well with House. She also is a dr. so they can possibly keep her on in the show I read. I just saw the episode where House says Wilson's first wife had a wooden leg. I wonder if they will reference that and if she and House will have something in common with leg pain or limping. She also has never met House so the attitude will be fun to watch. I call shipping on WAM! Wilson and Sam :)
over a year ago HouseAddict87 said…
Stebbie! ROTFLMAO!!! OMG, someone should so make a spot for them!!
Wam! That's funny...
over a year ago Delia_Beatrice said…
@Rosehustle and Beatrix: i understand and share both your views. The optimistic side of me sees the logic and coherence of the story and the evolution of the characters as leading to a full relationship between them some time soon. The scared-out-of-my-mind part of me shares Rosehustle's fears - that they build the story up to a point - again- and then smash it - again -, together with all our hopes.

Jessicat & Rosehustle: I fully agree that Lucas is a mismatch for Cuddy and the Luddy story doesn't sell well. On the other hand, it was an inner necessity of Cuddy's story (and of Huddy's story) that she went for someone who wasn't really a match for her. After all, the reasons she started her relationship with Lucas are not within Lucas himself - she didn't want HIM per se, she just wanted to heal her wounded ego and her wounded heart and to force herself to move as far away from House as she could. So, the fact that Lucas is a bad pair for her is kinda like part of the point they are making.

I'm sorry, i cannot accept House being in a relationship with another woman. Clarify (!): i would be out of my mind with rage and pain, no matter how good a match the hypothetical lady is for him.
Reasons: first, Beatrix's arguments: it would not hold within the story. The man had no relationship for six seasons. He spent years and years being in love with Cuddy. He is a man of astonishing depths, his feelings are profound, powerful and constant. It would make no sense.
Second, the way they built Huddy up and the way they created the Huddy fandom, intentionally, by promoting Huddy's romantic side, by using Hugh and Lisa's chemistry to "advertise" Huddy, by building up season 5 and giving us BSN and making us witnesses of House's feelings for her all throughout season 6 - we are all here because the writers wanted us to be here, they deliberately made us adore Huddy. So for them to break our hearts again and again and again - it would be a horrible thing to do, and it would also make for poor creative decisions - constructing such a complex storyline for years and years just in order to have smth to fuck around with... I'm sorry, it would suck.
And third: let's admit that Huddy is an end game and they will both experience other relationships and other partners before being together. But then why, WHY did they develop the romantic side of Huddy like they have? Why create the expectations? Why push it soooooo far? Why making such a big deal out of it? Do you guys actually think they expect millions of Huddy fans to be satisfied with the fact that they got hooked on a storyline that is simply pushed around with no finality? I mean, come on! Does it seem like a good decision to construct Huddy like they have in seasons 3, 4 and 5 and then have Cuddy with another man all throughout season 6 and House with another woman all throughout season 7?...

Look, people who are NOT Huddy fans hate Lucas and they hate the lack of Huddy. Not the romantic side of Huddy, not the season 5 Huddy, but seasons 1,2,3 and 4 Huddy. It was a big part of the show's charm and magic and people want it back. So no, i don't think the status quo (very few interactions, no intimacy, one of them or both of them with another partner) will go on for another season. I just don't.