Dead Poets Society Favourite scene?

misanthrope86 posted on Mar 17, 2008 at 04:49AM
What are your favourite scenes from the movie?

Dead Poets Society 13 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DarkSarcasm said…
It'd probably have to be the scene where they're all sitting in the luggage room talking about being interrogated... then Cameron gets what's coming to him. ;) Although I loved the scene with Pitts & Meeks dancing on the roof, too. =P
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
Mine is this scene:

[Neil finds Todd sitting alone on the roof]
Neil: Hey!

Todd: Hey.

Neil: What's going on?

Todd: Today's my birthday.

Neil: Is today your birthday? Happy birthday!

Todd: Thanks.

Neil: What'd you get?

Todd: [indicating the desk set lying beside him] My parents gave me this.

Neil: Isn't this the same desk set ...

Todd: Yeah. Yeah, they gave me the same thing as last year.

Neil: Oh... maybe they thought you needed another one.

Todd: Maybe they weren't thinking about anything at all. The funny thing is about this is, I didn't even like it the first time.

Neil: Todd, I think you're underestimating the value of this desk set.
[He picks it up]
Neil: I mean, who would want a football or a baseball...

Todd: ...or a car...

Neil: Or a car, if they could have a desk set as wonderful as this one? I mean, if I were ever going to buy a desk set... twice... I would probably buy this one. Both times! In fact, its shape... it's rather aerodynamic, isn't it?
[he walks to the edge of the roof]
Neil: You can feel it. This desk set wants to fly!

[he hands it to Todd]
Neil: Todd? The world's first unmanned flying desk set.
[Todd throws it off the roof - papers fly everywhere and things crash and clatter to the ground]

Neil: Oh my! Well, I wouldn't worry. You'll get another one next year.
Wow. You really know how to make me look like a slacker... =P
Ha ha ha!

Don't worry. I just love quoting things.

You could look at it as me making myself look obessesive...
Okay, we'll go with that... remember, this was *your* idea, not mine. =P
over a year ago gfaloola said…
the very last scene in the movie makes me cry like NO other. I swear, I just bawl my eyes out every time I watch it. but I also love the aforementioned flying deskset scene and when meeks and pitts are dancing on the roof. :)
over a year ago gfaloola said…
Actually, I just remembered, when they're all leaving their first Dead Poets meeting and Meeks starts chanting "then I saw the congo creeping through the black ..." and everyone else starts another hushed chant of "Meekss ... Meekss ...." hahaha. Kills me.
over a year ago House34 said…
The scene when Todd runs in the snow sad for Neil's death and the end. I'll never forget those...oh and I loved the time they gathered in the cave and sang that jungle poem :)
over a year ago amandelirious said…
The scene where Mr. Keating has Todd make up the poem in class. Ooh, that scene gives me goosebumps!
over a year ago dead_poet said…
Well, all scenes are brilliant, but I agree with misanthrope86 - scene with flying desk set is awesome. I have read it had been completely improvised.
big smile
Yeah, your right dead_poet! That scene was pretty much improvised! RSL and Ethan Hawke talk about it on the dvd. I think their might be a video of that interview in the videos section of this spot.
over a year ago dead_poet said…
smile
Oh yes, it's there, but I think I have also read about it in an interview with Ethan Hawke.
over a year ago chameron4eva said…
Can you guys give me 10 of the most emotional scenes?

SO far, I've got the ending, the scene of The Sweaty-toothed Madman, and the flying desk.