읽을만한 책 Where do 당신 get book recommendations?

i_luv_angst posted on Oct 14, 2008 at 09:53PM
where do you get good recommendations for new books to read? from friends or family? librarians? is there a really good website you use that i should know about?

읽을만한 책 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ky02121 said…
Entertainment Weekly, the local paper,and Good reads.
over a year ago ebathory said…
I tend to just borrow heaps of stuff from the library, and give it a try. If I don't like it, I just take it back till I find something I do.

I tried getting reccomendations from fanpop, but I found that most people were not into the types of books I liked unfortunately. It would be cool if we could get more spots for different types of books :)
over a year ago fallingstar20 said…
i like going to used book stores they always have the most random books as well as the clasics, but the people that work at them normaly have read a lot of good books.
I need to start going to used book stores more often.
over a year ago ebathory said…
I love used book stores, I never buy books brand new :)
I usually buy books from Borders because they always send me coupons. Other than that my local library has book sales a couple times a year and I make out good there. I live in Beantown so I have many great used bookstores to choose from. I just need to start going:)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago i_luv_angst said…
Ooh, I love library book sales!! last time I bought a hardcover copy of the complete works of Shakespeare in almost perfect condition for like $1.50. I could have spent hours there!!
over a year ago spikes_girl said…
from my friends, teachers, family, etc.
over a year ago teamdimitri6 said…
my aunt XD shes into reading all the teenage books hahaha
over a year ago DarkSarcasm said…
link is a great site that gives you recommendations based on what you've read and what you'd like to read. There's a page for the site's recommendations by genre, there's a 'readers also enjoyed' section on every book's page, and there are plenty of lists and forums created by users.

I sometimes use GoodReads, but I usually just browse the recently added stuff at the library when I'm looking for something new.
last edited over a year ago