Betty and Daniel 4.20 Hello Goodbye

RpattzIsLove posted on Apr 08, 2010 at 03:30AM
In which episode, Betty flies over to London for her new co-editor job...wait, rewind... Daniel tells her "I can't live without you" before she leaves... What will happen?!?!?!?!!

Also, what happens with a shot Willie, does she take over Meade???
Does Daniel convince Betty to come back to NYC, does he leave everything to follow her?? What of Tyler?? Mandy's FATHER???

Hopefully, as Betty says goodbye and opens up her suitcase in London, Daniel will have had time to take the next plane available (heck, what about the helicopter Alexis took???!!) to go across the pond, to say HELLO to Betty & to kiss her senseless already?!! XD
last edited on Apr 08, 2010 at 04:45AM

Betty and Daniel 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago aymrit said…
lol omg i cantt wait! all i wanttt is one kisss THATS IT!! i thinkkk we deserve that much after 4 yearss!!!!
over a year ago detty4ever said…
heart
You're so right!!! IT'S ALL I'M THINKING RIGHT NOW!!! DANIEL AND BETTY HAVE TO KISS!!AND IT BETTER BE THE BEST KISS THAT WE'VE EVER SEEN IN THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago RpattzIsLove said…
kiss
Yup!!!!!! It better be the stuff of history books!!!! :D
Can't waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, Daniel has to make Betty see REASON by opening up her HEART instead of analyzing everything with her HEAD!!! When it feels right, she'll know, and it better be when she sees Daniel in London!!!!!!!
crying
And it's a goodbye.... After four years, now Detty has officially ended 8 minutes ago on our cable television in America... I'm feeling kind of lost here, as though the colours have been sucked out of my vision or something, feeling a weight on my shoulders... Remember the 3rd season promo, or wasn't it the 2nd? Anyway, with the song "Big Girls You Are Beautiful" by Mika and at the very end we see Betty take off her glasses and ALL the colours of the rainbow are erased. As though they'd never existed, but only in our imagination.

Wow. On the Detty front & that's about all for now that I can truly focus on coz everything's spinning here, so on the Detty front it’s one serious rollercoaster of emotions here - and I’m mostly talking about Daniel. Yes Betty got that “wondering” look when Claire was “wink wink” telling her without words what her son might actually be feeling for her, and no Betty it’s “not hate”. Claire left that sentence at that, “it’s not hate”, but it TOTALLY inferred that IT’S LOOOOOVE!! Don’t deny it Betty, you’re not an ostrich, so stop hiding your head in the sand, Daniel won’t go any where, without you that is!!

So, yeah, Daniel truly carried most of the emotional element of the episode between the two of them. It was beyond touching. My God did we take a trip down memory lane when Daniel called her when she was having diner & she went back to MODE to help him on the 100th issue. I looooooved that scene, during this season we haven’t seen much of these, very reminiscent of the first seasons where we saw Betty & Daniel slaving at work together until the wee hours of the morning... I loooved that. It was only but natural for him to ask Betty to write the piece on him, indeed, no one else could’ve done it!! Yet, Betty didn’t very well have the courage to tell him then that she was leaving...

Now the actual scene where Daniel finds out, but right before with Marc discovering Betty’s dark & twisty secret & telling EVERYONE (She won’t be seeing the Beckhams though, they live in LA now..) was utterly PRICELESS!!!!!! The running towards Daniel’s office with that russian ballet music playing was P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N, the kind of cinematic drama UB excels at!!

So when she finally reached him, Daniel was deeply off-key, utterly aloof & telling himself in his head “stay calm”... The guy was FREAKING OUT!!!!! But Betty being oblivious Betty that we’ve all come to love just said “ok” and turned around - twice. The sheepish look Daniel gave her when she wasn’t looking truly showed how uneasy he was with her decision. I wonder why Betty didn’t call his BS (bull****) RIGHT AWAY, like Daniel did back in season 4 episode 1 when Betty tells him in the car that her editor’s job is great when in fact it isn’t.

So does Daniel read better Betty than she does him?? Or was she just not as in synch with him due to her leaving??? Coz brownie points for Daniel again, when she came back in his office after he burned off her letter freeing her from MODE (GAHH I FELL IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN WITH THE MAN!!!! :D He just WON’T let her go and will act in his silly wannabe mature way to keep her with him!!!) with her little yellow purse, she just entered his office with her resigned but dignified air and RIGHT AWAY he just K-N-E-W... Such an emotionally charged scene, I was already crying.... Betty broke his heart, unknowingly, blindlessly...

As for her MODE goodbye party, well, HE DIDN’T SHOW UP which was really cheap shot, but Betty calling him on the phone to ask him to come with her eyes full of tears better have made HER realize how much she needs him... Willie’s comment about leaving everything she worked for at MODE for London by saying that she “got balls” was fabulous!! I seriously wondered why Betty was leaving ?? Heck, I’d have stayed with Daniel + Mode + editor job happily ever after right there and then!!! Aww but to take a leap of faith sometimes makes all the difference in the world some people would say...

Yet, Daniel did saw her when he was looking through the glass with his mom. The epitome of “an outsider looking in”!! But he did say that he would NEVER stand in her way, even back in season 1 when he was at her place in Queens... so he did remain utterly faithful to that statement & belief which is admirable, in a way, but then I’d always want for him to be with her no matter what too.

And then Betty left, the image of her season 1 self reflected in the back window of the car didn’t go unnoticed for anyone, I’m sure. She’s really leaving her past behind. When she was talking with Justin on those steps, Daniel’s name was 2nd after Papi...

And FINALLY Daniel ran after the looove of his life after giving Willie her life’s desire... Great logic there that “everything has been handing to him” and now wanting to make a name for himself. It was about time that Danny boy realized that, no matter how impressive & large his father’s legacy was... The scene in London, well, how very sweet for them to run into each other, I loooooooved how Daniel was just sooo comfortable with her, telling her everything. It might have been just me, but Betty seemed a bit more stiff, kinda. Plus the OMG “how about dinner tonight??” made me swoooon unto the floor!! Now we didn’t really see this, but DANIEL IS TOTALLY PLANNING TO TELL HER HIS FEELINGS during that very diner. He definitively still had that goo goo eyes going on & his hands were lingering on hers in a most telltale way...

So now, after NO BLOODY KISSSSSSSSSS, well, that scene was very sweet & all, but GOSH THE POSSIBILITIES are endless here. Daniel could very well tell her a month from the finale how he feels, or during that very diner?!?!! Horta that was seriously STOOPID, not even a peck on the cheek or something?!?!!! Why not have scrapped the whole Daniel-Willie-animals kiss in the elevator for ONE SINGLE UNO DETTY KISS?!?!?!!! Like Daniel would say, that is one major “problemo”!!! One very bland ending, I’ve got mixed feelings running wild here, it’s gonna take some time to process it all...

Kudos to Claire in this epi, although we didn’t really see the woman push Daniel into Betty’s arms, she did her half-BEST with whatever script she had been given!!!! (Horta took care of the other half-crappy part)

Plus, since this season was all about reinvention & butterflies, interestingly, when Betty was speaking in MODE’s elevator with Hilda about whether she had told Daniel yet or not, well there was one HUGE colourful one in the background on the tv screen. Nice touch.

So voilà, Betty & Daniel’s love story has ended, on a maybe not sour note, bittersweet I would say. I WANT MORE.. So let’s cross our fingers for a moviiiiiiiiiiiiiie.... Off to go cry now, Betty made me see the Beauty in Ugly and I’m left wondering who will take on that role now as a reminder in our ever changing, and more often than not for worse, world!!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago TeeFly said…
I think that I was actually pleasantly surprised with the way they ended Ugly Betty. I wasn't expecting them to make the whole Daniel/Betty thing quite so obvious, I thought us Detty fans would have to do some interpreting like we always do, but instead Claire (GOTTA LOVE HER) made Daniel open his eyes about how he feels about Betty, and made Betty open her eyes about how Daniel felt about her. I think it was way obvious how Daniel felt when he left Mode and followed Betty all the way to London (like my Mom, a completly unbiased third party on the whole Detty thing stated, "He wouldn't move to London for just a friend. He has to want more, I mean it's pretty obvious they are together, he asked her on a date.")

So I for one really hope there is a movie, but I loved the ending we got!
kiss
Yeah, I've been reflecting on the ending, well since the epi ended, and I guess it's a fitting ending for the time they had. 1 hour to wrap up so many loose ends is a lot ask for and Daniel did move to London "to see what he could find" (MAJOR SWOON HERE!!) implying for both a job (Betty's assistant?! LMAO) and loooooooooooooove with Betty!! That whole scene, Betty definitively had Claire's words on her mind about Daniel's maybe-sorta-kinda-is-true feelings for her. So she didn't outright rejected his dinner offer which implies that in due time she'll also come around to be with him as a couple... Daniel will tread gently, like he did during that whole lovely scene!! :D

He left EVERYTHING behind to fly across the pond in a foreign country with NOTHING but his name & Betty. He seriously wants to woo Betty in London & his moving there but only proves that he's following his heart, like Betty did with hers when she moved to London. Let's hope they'll reunite in the middle.

Plus, I want to express how proud I am of Daniel, for once, he's going after something not already handed to him on a silver platter, a new job & a "new" love!! Betty & Daniel are both butterflies and have come a looong way from season 1. I actually burst out laughing when I saw Daniel's season 1 picture for the 100th issue of MODE...I'm totally glad he left behind that cocky attitude of his. Well kinda, half of it at least!!
over a year ago izzy1006 said…
worried
wow what can i say..its over and im really bummed about it. This episode was really nice. i just wished that it had been like 2 hours instead of one, it seemed thing moved really fast.

However there were so many things i loved about this episode. Overall it was very emotional, i cried a couple times. Claire and Daniel were completly amazing in this episode, they brought so much emotion and feeling into this.

Daniel realizing his feelings for Betty and Claire kind of pointing it out to Betty were definately my top two favorite moments in the shows 4 seasons.

I am really gonna miss watching this show and picking out all the Detty moments. I heard somthing about a possibility of an Ugly Betty movie and i think that would be awsome.
Although i did enjoy the show tonight i have to say i was a little disappointed that there was no kiss or somthing like that between DETTY, that was my only problem. Hopefully they are able to do some sort of reunion or movie to show us what happends next...(between DETTY lol)
UGLY BETTY 4EVER!
over a year ago izzy1006 said…
smile
I forgot every one go sign this petition NOW AND GET EVERYONE TO DO IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
link
over a year ago Eiliskillerkat said…
hmmm
i really did love the episode, i was shocked at the whole giving mode away thing but it did seem logically correct, i loved the way all the storylines worked out.

the one thing that i am REALLY annoying about is that there was NO KISS!!!! i mean come on! now we'll probably never know cause for all we know they could still be just friends! :/ i know he did ask her out but still.. a kiss would've made it perfect :)
over a year ago detty4ever said…
meh
It's hard for me to discuss the finale, cause I'm in complete denial!!

To be frank that wasn't satisfying for me! I WANTED MORE! I can only justify such a finale, IF THEY REALLY PLAN TO MAKE A MOVIE!! Otherwise this is not what I expected to be the end of the Detty!

Ok, I'll try to see things in a positive light!!!

I LOVE CLAIRE MEADE!!!!!!!!! SHE'S THE ONLY CHARACTER THAT DID EXACTLY WHAT I WAS EXPECTING HER TO DO!!!! She was our personal Detty shipper in the show and she TOTALLY PROVED IT IN THE FINALE!!

Probably one of my favourite scenes is when SHE SAYS TO DANIEL THAT HE HAS FEEINGS FOR BETTY!! She says something like: "You nearly set your office on fire..You have to give her a reason to stay!! And later when she implied to Betty that Daniel is in love with her!! CLAIRE ROCKS!!!

But to go back to the moment that she tells Daniel that he's in love with Betty..As much as I loved the fact that she pointed out the truth on him, I JUST HATE IT that Daniel was still in denial! I was expecting him to know it and TO FIGHT FOR BETTY!!! I WAS EXPECTING HIM TO CONFESS HIS FEELINGS, IF NOT TO HER AT LEAST TO HIS MOTHER!!

He implied that he loves her, by giving her a reason to stay, by not wanting to say goodbye, by letting her go, because it was so painfull, by following her to London! BUT THAT WAS THE PROBLEMO OF THE FINALE!! EVERYTHING WAS IMPLIED, NOTHING WAS CLEAR! ONCE AGAIN!!

I really don't know what to say about the final scene!!! He bumped into her(he must have planned that) they had a 3 minutes of conversation and a hug..They left us with the idea that Daniel will stay there, that he'll take her out (on a date?) and then BOOM! "UGLY BETTY"..."BETTY" That was it!!

I founded all the Detty moments amazing/cute/stong/meaningful, but that was a season finale and NOT A SERIES FINALE!!

At least they left the door open..at least it was an exes-free finale..at least the last moment was a Detty one...And that has to be enough...
over a year ago jmpm said…
betty was VERY akward in the last scene. D and b attitudes were so undetty like. they are always son heartwarming and a lot of smile and XO... u know??? makes me mad!!! there was none of that. she was so sstiff.