Betty and Daniel UB 4.19 The Past Presents The Future

RpattzIsLove posted on Apr 01, 2010 at 03:49AM
In which episode, a wedding happens, someone brings a gun to MODE (Tyler?!?!?!!), Henry makes a comeback + baby, Hilda doesn't want to be upstaged on her most important day, and Betty carries on dancing happily with Daniel...

Betty and Daniel 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago RpattzIsLove said…
heart
And IT'S OFFICIAL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if you were left in a sorta-maybe-wonder haze if Daniel had truly fallen in love with Betty after she took off her braces, well tonight's episode, CONFIRMED DETTY!!

The most epic, dettyesque look so far definitively crossed Daniel's face when Hilda made her wedding speech, about how she "married her best friend" coz he know her better than she knows herself and how it feels right & all that lovely talks that put me to tears...

Well, during THAT moment, the camera zeroed in on a standing Daniel with a dazzled expression on his face of mammoth proportions!! Now link up Hilda's speech to Daniel's face and VOILÀ!!!!!!!! One best friend discovering his LOVE for his best friend in a magnificent scene filled with inspiring words under the sun of marriage bliss :D Could it have been a more perfect setting?!!

I'm speechless, in awe, Betty you fool when you were dancing with him and you asked him why he was looking at you that way (Daniel WAS TOTALLY MAKING GOO GOO EYES AT HER!!) couldn't you figure out the reason why???!!!!

Plus, the episode lead to Daniel's realization beautifully with some wonderful underhanded Henry bashing, courtesy of Dany boy!! Gosh, I started laughing SO hard when Henry said he didn't get the job coz of his former boss!!! Way to go Daniel... but Betty made you see reason, as always, which further shows that if she put her mind up to it she could truly convince you to take a trip up to the moon!! I swear, Betty's influence on Daniel, now that he FINALLY realizes it, is tremendous!!!

Daniel truly realized that he would do ANYTHING for Betty (like Hilda said... now I'M SURE that she had some double meaning intended for Betty, which hopefully didn't flew over her head, oh wait, she accepted to go to London, soo not so sure about that!) which totally fits love's description!!

An E-P-I-C episode, there's just soooo many things to go over, from Justin coming out (zillion claps, I'm sooo happy for him! I've been gushing over his storyline since the past weeks, Horta did Justin JUSTICE (not soo much with Detty though..) and Marc's comment about coming out when IT FEELS RIGHT is marvelous as all of his other season 4 advices!! As for Tyler, well, I wouldn't even pass it up for Willie to have taken the bullet intentionally!! I mean why put yourself in the line of fire otherwise?!?!?!! This is not finished... Poor Tyler!!

As for Bobby's (un)helpful protection of justin's secret...mmm that might NOT have been the best thing to say "WHY WOULD I KNOW ANYTHING"!! Great acting there, he cracked me up during that scene!!

Awww I'm basking in detty bliss here, more to say, later, I'm reminiscing the dettyness from this episode, and from beginning to end, it couldn't end otherwise than will Daniel FINALLY realizing who his TRUE SOULMATE IS!!

Now seriously Trista, "a blessing in the skies"... even Daniel was like WTF???!!! "A blessing in disguise" girl, she was stoooopid!! Gone & over with now that Betty has conquered once and for all Daniel's heart...
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago detty4ever said…
heart
I don't know from where to start!!!!!!!! ALL I KNOW IS THAT I'M SO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe that I actually saw Daniel realizing how he truly feels for her!! It's a great feeling to know that we were right all along! That Daniel and Betty are true soulmates and sooner or later they would be together!

THIS WAS BY FAR THE BEST EPISODE THAT WE'VE EVER SEEN!!!

Fisrt of all, I was so excited to see Daniel's jealousy!! He coudn't stand the idea that Henry(the eggsalad) would be Betty's date, instead of him!!! I loved heartily when Henry said that Daniel sabotaged him and I was like "GO DANIEL!" I was also cracked up to see his silly face to pop up at Mode with his child waving at Betty!He seemed so ridiculous to me!!

In general Henry's appearance was very singificant for the Detty! We hated the idea of him coming back, but he kinda gave a push to the DETTY! We saw Daniel being jealous and protective towards Betty and that's how he realized his feelings through Hilda's speech!!

OMG! HE REALIZED HIS FEELINGS!!! AS I'M WRITING IT, I'M STARTING TO BELIEVE IT!!

It was truly EPIC! He was stunned to see her with that green dress!!! He was so happy to learn that Henry wasn't coming! And I loved that they both admited that they know each other like noone else!! It is what you said once that they COMMUNICATE! Actually they have their own code of communication and they bring out the best in one another!!!

When Hilda was about to make her speech I was like "Ok, one more boring speech..Give us some Detty action!"
But then I WAS AMAZED to hear what she had to say!!!!!!! All these things about being best friends with Bobby and that SHE DIDN'T KNOW THAT SHE LOVED HIM BEFORE HE TELLS HER THAT SHE DID was FANTASTIC!!! Hilda said it all!!

Daniel realized it first and now he'll make Betty feel it too!!!I had butterflies in my stomach, while Hilda was speaking and ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CAMERA FOCUSED ON DANIEL!! TO SEE HIM WATCHING AT BETTY AND HIS EXPRESSION AS HE FINALLY WOKE UP.....Precious!

Their dance was awesome and I MELTED when Daniel geve her that amorous look!!! I had tears in my eyes! And she was like "What?"

Betty hasn't felt IT yet or she's in denial! Cause she's so smart! How can she not know that Daniel wants her??? She'll get really socked by his reaction!!! Did you see the promo?? link He says "I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!" Just look at her expression!!! WAKE UP BETTY!!HIS YOUR TRUE SOULMATE!!

Hopefully she'll realize that she wants him too!! JUST LIKE HILDA AND BOBBY!!! SOOOOOOOO FORESHADOWING!!!!!

I feel that no matter what I say is NOT enought to express my ENTOUSIASM!!!!!!!!
over a year ago RpattzIsLove said…
kiss
And the overall DETTYBLISS flying high on cloud 9, I can safely say, hasn't died down!!!! I know, this ridiculously "feel good" emotion that we've been R-I-G-H-T all along is tremendously SATISFYING!!! Despite tornadoes of Walter-Hunter, Eggsalad & Sandwich guy, we've held on tight to our helm & sailed forward toward Detty with our dettyhope...and we've now just docked to port!! What a ride! :D

Plus, we've predicted well, that Daniel would fall for her first & voilàààà!! I adoooore Eric/Daniel's merry blue eyes, but wednesday night, they were soo full of passion, one seriously wanted to fangirl into UB and take Betty's clueless position on that chair of hers at the wedding just to get THAT look which is worth a thousand words in itself!!!

OMG I PRAID for Daniel's jealousy & we had it!! I was soo happy me too with his utterly confused face at WHY Betty would ever want to call her ex, the douchebag Henry!! Priceless face, I was cheering Daniel on!! As for Henry popping up randomly at MODE with his kid, well, that was WEIRD, with his trademark glasses, trademark preppy look, trademark big smile, trademark stiff look... an overall twilight zone experience, which made me realize how time has flew by for Betty... I was definitively thinking by that point (glad they both caught on eventually) that 3 years could change everything & that one was not always free to go back in time to be who they were back then... Ridiculous, you've got it right!!!

I know, now I realize how Henry was NECESSARY to this epi!! He indeed pushed them both into DETTYHEAVEN!! As for Daniel & Betty's fight, now was it just me or was it a fight dealing much more with JEALOUS a.k.a. Lover's Spat, than a mere fight between two friends?!?!! It was deeply personal & they've never been there before, huuge step!! My heart actually broke when Betty told Daniel to butt out & left the room...

COMMUNICATION is everything!!!!! And once again, when Daniel & Betty had that lovely conversation after Daniel's jaw fell to the floor when seeing Betty in that fabulous green dress ("Great"?? How about "Divine" instead, I'm sure you were thinking it!!:D) they showed us how truly unique & precious their relationship is for their always deeply honest conversations!! They have a language of their own like you said, remember Daniel when he say Betty after he "lost half" of his wife in the 1st epi of the season, he immediately saw through her façade & understood that her experience as an editor wasn't as lovely as she claimed it was!!

As for Hilda's speech, now you've mentioned like the most dettyesque line in it. Hilda implies that until Daniel makes realize that Betty loves him too, she won't know it herself. Guesses he'll do just that in London!!! *Goes off in Dettyland imagining scenarios* THAT ENTIRE SCENE IS TRULY WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE BETTY BUMPED INTO THAT CONFERENCE ROOM WINDOW & DANIEL GAVE HER THAT WTF?? LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D The waiting has been worth it!! I was in major fangirl mood, sitting on the very edge of the sofa, awwwwwing & crying & resisting to burst into clapping!! :D

Their dancing!!! Utterly lovely!!! Betty's "what?" expression was sooo, well Bettyesque. She's totally clueless about love coz Daniel's entire demeanour was screaming adoration, love & worship for this bespectacled goddess!!!

On a side note, Justin also brought tears to my eyes, his coming out was truly marvelous, incredibly touching & inspirational. Moments in tv of that quality are gems!!!

Hilda & Bobby's relationship is indeed foreshadowing & let's hope that Daniel gets motivated by looking at them to GO AFTER HE WANTS & TO SECURE HIS LOVE once & for ever with Betty!!!

Bursting with EXCITEMENT for next week, nostalgia will have to settle in next weekend!!

over a year ago detty4ever said…
heart
What I noticed about Henry is that nobody else but Daniel managed to get him out of Betty's life for good!!
Gio tried to compete with him but he remained just the rebound guy, Matt had to see them kissing and even tough it was a goodbye kiss, I remember Betty saying something like "I'll always be a little bit in love with you.." Well she's over that now!

Daniel was the only one who got rid of him! He opened Betty's eyes! He made her see that she goes backwards! But what matters the most is that Daniel is the one, who ifluences her so much as to make her change her mind about something as important as that!
His opinion is everything for her! In season 2 she decided to give an end to her affair with the eggsalad, because Daniel called her "stupid"! Plus in this season, she didn't want to tell him about Zach, cause she was worried about him thinking ill of her!

When he saw her with that dress he was thinking "devine" for sure! Just like when he saw her without the braces! He said the same thing "You look great" Just great? Yeah, right! After that scene I was crazy excited! And I thought that was it! I couldn't imagine what was coming next!

Hilda's speech made it all clear! I was never more sure about the Detty until I heard these words! I'm sure that he'll make her realize her feelings in London! When I first read the spoiler about a pivotal character confessing him love to her, I was keep picturing Daniel doing so in some place outside Mode..Somewhere in the streets..And London is JUST PERFECT!!! SO ROMANTIC! LIKE ALL THE DETTY STORY SO FAR!

I'm waiting for this to happen from their fight in the pilot, when Daniel run after her and she was like "You did it! You got rid of the ugly girl your father forced you to hire! Congratulations!" The way Daniel was looking at her as she was leaving was priceless! No other woman had ever spoken to him like that! It was obvious from the beginning that Betty would change his life!!!

This episode was truly the best we've ever seen!!! I don't even know how many times I've watched the Detty moments and I never get tired of them!! I'm holding my breath for the finale!!! I WANT IT TO BE DETTYFANTASTIC!!!!