Betty and Daniel Who loves Betty??

detty4ever posted on Mar 04, 2010 at 03:44PM
Michael Ausiello posted this spoiler:

Question: Besides the wedding, any scoop on Ugly Betty’s final episodes? —Mitchell

Ausiello: A pivotal male character will profess his love for Betty, but I’m not saying which one.

link

Can it be Daniel?? It sounds like him, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not! Silvio Horta has disappoint me a lot and it's hard to believe that he'll do the Detty..

Michael Ausiello 게시됨 this spoiler: Question: Besides the wedding, any scoop on Ugly Betty’s fin
last edited on Mar 04, 2010 at 03:50PM

Betty and Daniel 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago RpattzIsLove said…
heart
OMG I KNOW!!!! I've read this on the Bachelor & the Butterfly LJ and I'm glad you've posted it on here!!! Well, from what I've read & what I think, it could be from Papi or Justin to Daniel, Gio or Henry. But first of all, Either Papi or Justin would be entirely pointless in my POV coz they're FAMILY and one assumes that they looove each other very much so it wouldn't be very spoiler material!! If so, then Horta is even more of a "failed student from Psych 101" than I though (Daniel & Betty being only FRIENDS or having a brother-sister relationship, anyone?!)

As for Gio, well that would be in the realm of pointlessness as well, which wouldn't be surprising for the writers to do considering their tendency to take really crappy decisions... Gio coming back and professing his undying love for her, well the guy didn't see her for a year (I assume a season=roughly a year) so he doesn't know anything about her...and I doubt Betty would return his feeling coz that would be a serious case of JACK IN THE BOX coz we've NEVER seen her reminisce about their time together, what between her new job, Matt, Daniel's grief & her family life.

What about Henry? In a very insensible way, but that's what springs to mind, let him stay with his family, no matter if he's unhappy, for his child's sake!! Sorry, but I REALLY don't want it to be him, it's been 2 years & I remain bitter about his back & forth uncertain attitude in which he strung along Betty!! Like Daniel said, HE wouldn't stand in her way and I felt Henry did, he kept her in the "safe zone" and didn't allow her to grow up much...

And now Daniel!!! In my humble opinion, unbiased by (too much) DETTY, he seems the most LOGICAL choice!! Progression wise, he fits the bill to a T!! Remember the speech he did at the B.L.O.B.B.Y.s ?! The guy freakin' ADORES her, so it would be but the most natural thing for him to declare that he LOVES her coz in a purely "causal relationship" admiration/adoration CAN & DOES lead to feelings of LOVE for someone else!! (I've been there lool) Plus, with all of their history, they know they can rely on each other without a shadow of a doubt, they know each other inside & out (seen each other not only at their best, but at their worst too!!) and beside reading each other's minds, they are NOT afraid to c-o-m-m-u-n-i-c-a-t-e which is ESSENTIAL to any lasting relationship!! He's the perfect match to this mysterious "pivotal male character" professing his love to Betty!!! If the writers DON'T SEE THAT...then I don't know... they're seriously STOOPID & would be eligible to enter a mental hospital...
last edited over a year ago
laugh
OOps I might have been a tiny bit carried away...
over a year ago detty4ever said…
heart
I always do when I speak about the Detty! I just loved your comment! Everything you said it's true:

There's no way it's Justin or papa Ignasio.

I doubt that it's Henry or Gio cause they're not "pivotal" characters! By pivotal they mean regular, right?

Besides, if it's either of them, it will be a nightmare! I can't stand watching the writers repeating themselves! We've seen Gio saying that he loves her, but she was never crazy in love with him! So, I don't see the point!

As for Henry, I want to believe that we won't see him again!He and Betty said a very clear goodbye in season 3!To bring him back to say "i love you" again, will be ridiculous! The very least! However, taking into consideration that Gorham and Horta are buddies, we can't be sure that we won't see his geeky face again!

I'm convinced that the spoiler refers to DANIEL! For one thing, he fits the description! But the question that arises is "will he mean it romantically??" Well, the use of "profess", definitely implies romance, but as we've seen in the past, spoilers can't be misleading..

One thing is for sure: It will definitely make sense for him to say the 3 magic words!! As Eric Mabius once said:

"Betty and Daniel make one another better, who they are, more complete. It’s like she has a gap and I have a gap and together we sort of create this whole. When things get charged and excited like that, of course THE EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENTS ARE INEVITABLE.

These emotional attachments are what we're waiting for all this time! Daniel and Betty have the strongest relationship in the show! His speech in "Chica and the Man" was trully amazing and revealing at the same time! It made it obvious that Daniel has deep feelings for her! No other guy has ever speak like that for Betty, noone knows her as he does! I always liked to thing that he's already in love with her and doesn't realise it! And I also was expecting from HIM to take the first step and confess his true feelings! So, it'll be FANFREAKINTASTIC to finally see it happening!!! I just want to believe that Horta saved the best for last and that he won't disappoint us afterall..

The writers will definitely be BLIND NOT TO SEE THAT THE DETTY IS THE ONLY SUITABLE FINALE!!!
 I always do when I speak about the Detty! I just loved your comment! Everything 당신 said it's true:
heart
OMG!! That was FABULOUS!!!!

Yeah yeah Horta and geeky Henry are friends, so we might have to put up with him *sigh*

As for your comment on Daniel, indeed, to "profess" does imply much more than a friendship wise declaration!!! Let's hope we've got that spoiler right!!

Thanks for Eric's quote, it's utterly adorable & completely true!! I see their "emotional attachment" as an invisible link between them, flowing & stretching but always keeping them together. Perhaps in the face of separation, Daniel will thus seriously doubt the strength of this link while being possibly miles away from one another, and he will realize his TRUE feelings for Betty and will tell her!! Don't worry, you're not alone Detty4ever on the bandwagon of "Daniel has been in love with Betty since a while now, he just hasn't realized it yet!!"

It'll be one monumental event if it's indeed Daniel whom Horta has been hiding all along, Horta will deserve a good pat on the back (if it's not Daniel though...I might reach for some facial feature) for keeping us in the dark anxiously!!

So all hail to Daniel to take a deep breath and to blurt this profession of love in his heartfelt, but slightly awkward, kind of way to Betty!! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARD... Now my hopes are up, perhaps we've not hoped and waited in vain...
over a year ago inasaneforblue said…
I hope so too because if doesn't happen I'll feel so disappointed with the ending and the show. I mean why put all those Betty and Daniel moments when nothing was going to happen. Daniel and Detty seem like a joined pair for me.
over a year ago detty4ever said…
"why put all those Betty and Daniel moments when nothing was going to happen."

You're totally right! All this time they were slowly building the Detty, it makes perfect sense to see them together in the end. It'll unjustified to take separate ways! I don't think that these two characters can be happy away from each other!