Anna Paquin PR: Trick R Treat Soundtrack

cinemedia posted on Sep 30, 2009 at 03:39PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LA-LA- LAND RECORDS OFFERS TASTY HALLOWEEN GOODIES WITH THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK FOR TRICK ‘R TREAT

In the Tradition of CREEPSHOW and TALES FROM THE CRYPT, Composer Douglas Pipes Sets The Tone For The Scariest Night of The Year

(Sept 22, 2009- Burbank, CA) – La-La Land Records will release the soundtrack for TRICK ‘R TREAT on September 29, 2009. The critically-acclaimed film, which was written and directed by Michael Dougherty and produced by Bryan Singer, features original score by Douglas Pipes (MONSTER HOUSE). The film marks Dougherty’s directorial debut, and stars Anna Paquin (TRUE BLOOD), Dylan Baker (SPIDER-MAN), Brian Cox (X2: X-MEN UNITED), Tahmoh Penikett (BATTLESTAR GALACTICA) and Leslie Bibb (IRON MAN).

There were numerous delays in getting the movie off the ground, but that allowed Dougherty to secure Douglas Pipes as the composer. He describes, “Like myself, Douglas was a newcomer to the industry, but he made one hell of an entrance with his score for 2006’s MONSTER HOUSE. I’ll never forget watching that movie, bobbing my head to the music, and thinking to myself ‘Holy crap, who IS this guy?!’ It was mischievous but scary, fun yet foreboding. It was like hearing Elfman or Goldsmith for the first time, and I was hooked.”

“When I first spoke to Michael about Trick 'R Treat, his love of film music was quite infectious,” said Pipes. “We chatted about our favorite horror films and why they worked for us the way they did. The more we talked the more excited I became. He wanted to make a classic Halloween fright night movie, and when I saw the film I was even more excited - it was pure, genuine Halloween horror.... and it was fun! Michael's enthusiasm for my music and great instincts really helped in creating this score.”

MONSTER HOUSE also earned Pipes national attention and several nominations for awards including a Saturn Awards nomination for Best Music, International Film Critics Association Award nomination for Best New Composer and a nomination as Composer Discovery from the World Soundtrack Awards. His credits also include composing score for the film GRANDPA and writing additional music for CITY OF EMBER.

TRICK ‘R TREAT is a collection of creepy stories that mixes fun with fear, candy with poison, and laughter with screams. In the tradition of CREEPSHOW and TALES FROM THE CRYPT comes four interwoven tales set on Halloween night: a high school principal who moonlights as a vicious serial killer, a young virgin whose quest for that special someone takes a gruesome turn, a group of teens who carry out a cruel prank with disastrous consequences, and a cantankerous old man who battles a mischievous trick-or-treating demon.

Warner Bros. Pictures presents TRICK ‘R TREAT, available on DVD, Blu-Ray and digitally on October 6, 2009. The La-La Land Records original soundtrack will be available in-stores and at www.lalalandrecords.com on September 29, 2009.

###

For more information please contact cinemediapromo@yahoo.com

Anna Paquin No replies