24 Season 7 Info

Davidkelly posted on Aug 19, 2007 at 02:52PM
* According to a TV Guide interview with co-executive producer Manny Coto, "Jack starts next season in a very different place than any season so far. Let's put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if there's no CTU next year." He also says that "There will not be a ticking clock on a nuclear device. We're hewing much closer to real life: tighter, more personal, more difficult for Jack. There may even be a plot thread that doesn't take place on U.S. soil. In a sense, it's a reboot — in location and personnel. We're going to be introducing a new stable of characters, along with a couple of old ones. Jack's not living under an alias. He's found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government. What's also refreshing is the choice of villain: It's not a Muslim terrorist. In fact, it's not a terrorist at all. And the character is fascinating, someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific and whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world." [2]

* Writer and Executive Producer Michael Loceff has confirmed, "what we are going for, is really taking this to the personal level," unlike this season's focus on nuclear threats, the President getting hurt and possible war. Loceff says "you just can't go much bigger than that, unless you put a spacesuit on Jack Bauer and shoot him into orbit. Which you know, we may get there. but we're not going to be there yet." "Next season expect smaller story lines for the characters, including Jack. Loceff adds "and how he tries to resolve a particularly thorny conflict in the final episode." Loceff tells us Season 7 will focus on smaller and more intense story lines. But, the specifics are still a mystery even for Loceff and the writers.[3]

* Fox President Peter Liguori said: "We’ve really heard what the loyal audience has said to us. The good news is simply this: It has really fuelled the show runners to be more daring with what they're going to do next year."[4]

* According to TV Guide's Ausiello Report, the production of Season 7 has been delayed for approximately three weeks. The writers had completely scrapped their current story which is the cause of the delay, actress Mary Lynn Rajskub revealed. [5]

* Executive producer Howard Gordon told iF Magazine that the new season is set three years after the events of the sixth season and will be set entirely in Washington, D.C. or New York and will start at 7am. [6]

* Director Jon Cassar and 24 executive producers Evan Katz, Manny Coto, and David Fury made some revelations at the Comic-con '07 about season 7. They stated that the show will now officially take place in D.C., and that CTU no longer exists since it was disbanded by the government. Also, they stated that at the beginning of the season Jack will be appearing before the Senate Committee to answer questions about his actions in the past, some of which they think may have been criminal. Additionally, they confirmed there would be no prequel to bridge the gap between seasons 6 and 7.

24 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago love24 said…
I think it will be a very good season.I know they are bring new cast members on.But i would like to know if elisha is coming back.Does anybody have any info on that.
over a year ago thecon said…
Its sounding like a really good season of 24. I would like to see Kim come back though... I feel like I'm one of the only people who likes her on the show! But if they're having such a dramatic reboot where will the go after season 7? It can't be too dramatic a shift or they'll have no new ground to tread further down the line.