True Writers Story Starters 글쓰기 Contest Round 4

dragonsmemory posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 06:17PM
We're going back in time this week. That's write, folks, we're looking at memories this week. You know the drill. One entry per post, you can enter as many times as you like, and you have a week.

Your character remembers her first time. What a farce.

True Writers 43 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago sadiebugz00 said…
Okay, so like first time she realized what she wanted to be, who she loved, how awesome she was, etc?
over a year ago POPclogger216 said…
tongue
I must have a sick mind, because this is slightly awkward... Crap.
last edited over a year ago
blush
^^ o oi..... yeah.... umm.... i see your point.... a bit too clearly, too.......... *shiver*
over a year ago campcheerio123 said…
lol
hmmm
Ok here's mine:

Falling

It all started when I woke up. BAM. My brother started screaming. I heard a thud, but wasn't sure what it was. I looked over, and saw my 6 year old brother on the floor, wrapped up in a blanket. He was curled up like a ball. Someone starts running across the room, and I realize it's not my dad. It a family friend, who we were camping with. They don't know that I'm awake, so i slouch down, and pretend to be asleep. Then I hear another person, bounding across the floor. This time it's my dad, followed by my mom. He was still screaming and crying, and I still had no idea what the heck was going on. I soon figures out that he had fallen off of the top bunk, which meant that he had fallen at least 10 feet. I was scared out of my mind. I crawled out, and looked for the clock. It read 3:04 AM. The same time I was born. He was immediatly carried out of the room, and on to my parent'd bed. He has some minor bruises, and a large scrape the size of an iPod touch, that was bleeding heavily. At least nothing really bad happened.
over a year ago dragonsmemory said…
Interesting take. I chose this prompt because of how vague it is. I want to see what you imagine.
over a year ago 1999jacko said…
hmm I have a small idea so I am going to post it.
title: A cry for help

Rose Smith was standing in her room shaking as the men came by with her meds but she couldn't take them because they helped her remember her first vision.
Rose was walking down he street with her friends all running ahead of her with the football waiting for her to catch up with them,"Oh come on Rose your faster than that,"Henry her boyfriend shouted out, with nods of agreement from everyone around him.Rose nodded her head smiling"okay Henry fine I'll run."She shouted out as a reply and then she started to Sprint as fast as she could while the boys ran ahead again trying to beat her to the park.Suddenly she stopped her mind filling with images of Henry splattered all over the pavement and road she screamed slightly at the pain in what remained of his eyes and then it stopped and she fainted.
Half an hour later she woke to see Henry coming across the road a doctor waiting on the other side of the road suddenly her vision came back and she started to shout at Henry," go back Henry please now." But it was too late the cars came up behind him and that same pain came into his eyes as he flew into the air and landed with a bug splat on the road a another car came and went over his body. And then the worst part happened he shouted his last words."Help me Rose.. please." When the road was clear I ran over to the splattered body parts and cried and cried until more visions filled my head and then the doctor cam for me while I was babbling on about the visions I had had about everyone dying.
At the moment the men came in with meds Rose was gone her heart not pumping and lying on the Asylum floor tears still pouring down her face.

well hope you like it
That was…interesting…
I'll try to make mine... Happier.... I guess...
I know I can be a depressive writer sometimes due to the world of my friends
I really have no inspiration at this point....
I might try and post a happier one later
It seems you missed reading the second half of this week's prompt.
amazing that was amazing I love it
over a year ago sawfan13 said…
blush
dragonsmemory, what did I miss? Oh, I'm not supposed to use an ACTUAL memory huh? Sorry, if you want me to write another, I will. Boy is my face red!
Wait guys my post is a true story it happened at 3:04 on Sunday morning!
Yeah! campcheerio's was a true story! Why can't mine be? It's totally heartwarming! You said we're doing memories this week! I don't understand this.
Look at the prompt.

Your character remembers her first time. What a farce.

I said the THEME was memories, not the prompt.
OH!!! Okay! I get it. I miss things sometimes. Sorry! I'll repost it.
thats really good
yep!
Umm…still not quite it. Look at the prompt again. I'll put the part you missed in capital letters.

Your character remembers her first time. WHAT A FARCE.
smile
Thanks! I wanted something cute, simple and relates to anyone.
dragonsmemory, okay I have looked up "farce" from many many different websites. All of the definitions are basically the same and I finally get it! There's one problem though; if I can picture mentally, how can write it physically? This is really puzzling me right now and it's really bothering me! Gahh!
Describe what you see. Paint a picture with words.
I think i might enter another one so here it goes

Catherine sat her mind brainstorming ideas trying to think of a story. her notebook sat in front of me... blank. Sadly every time an idea came into her head it simply vanished, nothing was helping Catherine had even had 21 guns playing over and over to help her but no nothing was. And then she remembered the first time she had writers block...and how to beat it.
"Come on,come on," she said running across her room trying to find some inspiration." There has to be something in here to help me," she kept on running everywhere in her room. She was trying her hardest to find something, anything when her mum stepped in," is everything all right honey I heard lots of commotion coming for up here," her mum said with a smile. Catherine turned to face her mum with an expression of annoyance on her face," no mum I just have writers block." She said to her mum putting on a fake smile. Her mum was about to leave when she thought of something," you know I have a cure for writers block don't you." she said and Catherine looked at her mum hopefully," really what is it?" Her mum started to say," so clear your mind with only one thought on your mind the genre you want and then after a few minutes you'll get it." Sapphire nodded smiling and then she had it her best story yet.

back in the present day she started to do what her mum had shown her all those years ago."YES!" she screamed as she fell off her chair.She picked up her pencil as she got up and started to write the greatest realistic fiction ever. It was called 'Grass.'

well hope you like and the title is Writers block and if anyone got the whole grass thing and the whole name as well
It has to have a title or it will not be in the voting.
read the bottom it says the title is writers block
over a year ago hgfan5602 said…
Remembering the Past, Hope for the Future
by hgfan5602

I sat there, at my desk, next to my bedroom window, thinking about the past events in 2012...and remembered the time...when I was at Relay for Life. It would not be soon before I, myself, passed from cancer also. My doctor said that I would only have a few months left, so I decided to make the most of it.
Our team had raised $6864.88 for cancer patients across the globe. We had all been preparing for this one special time. I was walking the Survivor's Lap, and watched as all the survivors of cancer walked a lap together. It was so cheerful!!! The national anthem played overhead, and a trio of singers sang the lyrics. Everyone stood there, solemn though happy, with their hands on their hearts. They finished the lap, and everyone cheered for them.
It was almost 9 o'clock at night, and Kira asked if I would like to walk the Luminaria Lap with her. I agreed, and we stayed by each other until 9. When the time arrived for the Luminaria, the lights dimmed. The speakers were turned on, and the chairman of Relay for Life started speaking. "Let us take a few minutes to delve into the true meaning of the word hope." Everyone lowered their heads in prayer. "Everyone with Cancer and those who surround them must have hope, we must embrace it as we awaken to a new day, and we must tuck it in with us as we dream in the night, we must place it deep within our hearts, and know it is the very thing that gives us strength when all seems lost, for it is the core of our being. When hope is all you have, know that you hold the key to serenity, for it is obtainable, but most of all, it is what truly feeds our souls. As we light up this night, together, let’s stand in hope that one day we will see that bright, beautiful light at the end of the tunnel, and that all we had ever hoped for will one day be achieved simply by believing, that it is always better to light a candle than it is to curse darkness. Thank you."
The music, "I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan started playing over the speakers. It was supposed to be a country song, not very sad, but in the way it was placed, it made it seem extremely sad.
"...I will remember you...Will you remember me...Don't let you life pass you by...Weep not for the memories..." As you might know, I still remember my grandmother, who passed from cancer. We lit the candles, and everyone held a candle, symbolizing hope. HOPE spelled out in the bleachers above us with luminarias. Kira started to weep beside me. It was truly a sad moment...a moment of remembrance of their lost loved ones, and to reflect on the past. The music soon ended, and our whole team was covered in tears.
Kira took me to get a blue raspberry Icee. It was really to cheer me up. It worked, and I loved the frosty, sweet taste of the blue raspberry Icee.
 Remembering the Past, Hope for the Future 의해 hgfan5602 I sat there, at my desk, ne
Thats really good
smile
Thanks!!!
Love it. <3
Thanks
over a year ago Zero_Delta said…
Title: First for the Fourth

It's hard being fictional. What? You think it would be easy, just taking orders from some guy you've never met? trust me, it's not. But to be honest, I have met my author. And it was kinda awkward... My name is Sara Wall, and it happened while I was sitting in my room.

I look around, posters for bands that don't exist, my computer, what brand is it? Kysana? "I can't believe this! Grr, all the other characters are so lucky that they don't know they're fake!" Wait, where did that come from? Other characters, fake? I push the thought out of my mind and check my computer. I have a new E-mail. I start to read it, but am distracted by the name of my browser: 'Web runner'. Of course, it's not real, nothing is.
"Oh, what am I doing!"
Where'd that voice come from? "Hello?"
"'Hello?' Oh god you're talking to me, how is this possible?"
"Who are you? How is what possible?" I hear the voice sigh.
"Well, I'm... your author, and like a fool, I put the doubt in your mind about the reality of your existence. And now I'm apparently crazy, talking to my own character."
"Well if you're crazy, where does that leave me?"
"He-he, good question, I don't know, but what I do know is that you're breaking the fourth wall."
"Fourth wall? All the walls in my room are fine..."
"No, no, the fourth wall is the barrier between reality and fiction, you, a fictional character, are interacting with me, a real person."
"Well if you're writing this, why not stop all this weirdness right now?"
"Because honestly, either I write this, or I right something highly inappropriate."
"Well then, what's supposed to be happening?"
"Er, I -uh, I don't remember..."
I am NEVER getting published! "Hello?" ...He's gone.

Sigh, and that was my first time... Breaking the fourth wall! Honestly, I'm still not sure what all was happening, but since then I've done some research, and it seems that it's frowned upon. But I still yell out every once and a while, when life just doesn't feel fair, and if I listen closely, I can hear him groaning!

...Yeah... Not sure what's going on in my mind, but I hope this fits the prompt! ^^'
Love it. Yeah, it could fit the prompt…if your mind actually stayed out of the gutter.
...You hurt me, dragonsmem. My mind may be everywhere, but I leave that to the Manga writers.
mischievous
I have a strange mind. I just picked this week's prompt to see how everyone would react. Although, I DO have a brilliant idea for next week…
over a year ago Portzoyboy said…
smile
That was cool^^
Dude dragon u need to chill out a bit and respect what people have to say.
I could argue the same for you. So I can't share my thoughts?
No one else has commented for an age
^Noticed that, was wondering if I should say something about it...
Hmmmm....