This 기사 was written 의해 팬팝 guest contributor Stacee R.
Society seems to be completely fascinated 의해 the vampire craze. Films, TV shows, 책 and even plays about 뱀파이어 have captivated audiences in an extreme way these past couple years. Even with all the vampirey goodness, there’s only one show worth watching, discussing, and living vicariously through. It’s the CW’s The Vampire Diaries. For all 당신 “fang-tastic” 팬 out there, and 당신 know who 당신 are, here’s a list of a few things that might make 당신 a die-hard Vampire Diaries fan...
1. 당신 consider Mystic Falls, Virginia a 집 away from home. Although you’re fully aware that this is a fictitious town filled with 수퍼내츄럴 life forms, it still feels like 당신 grew up there 또는 at least want to! With sexy 뱀파이어 roaming the streets it’s no wonder your dream vaca-spot is suddenly Virginia!
2. 당신 know useless facts about the shows pre-production castings. Like the fact that both James 봉고차, 반 Der Beek and Neve Campbell were up for the roles of Alaric Saltzman and Isobel Fleming. No offense guys, but your teen dream and scream days are far behind you. 당신 might want to consider auditioning for a network that caters to viewers your “own age.”
3. Your own 사랑 life is turning into a series of 사랑 triangles. Whether it’s a vampire thing 또는 just for TV dramas, any and all series involving 뱀파이어 seem to touch base on these 사랑 triangles that drive the show. True Blood did it with Eric, Bill and Sookie; Twilight did it with Bella, Edward and Jacob; and the Vampire Diaries has done it with Elena, Stefan, and Damon. Just make sure 당신 understand that your life isn’t a TV show and 사랑 triangles are never as glamorous as they appear on screen!
4. 당신 know the pilot was shot in Vancouver while the rest of the series films in Covington, Georgia. Due to tax incentives, Georgia is cheaper to film than other parts of the country. Covington has become Mystic Falls and although some neighbors complain about the late night shoots, the town is beginning to warm up to the idea, especially once they saw who was on set!
5. 당신 knew a spin-off series was in the works back in 2010 even though it didn’t air until 2013. The Originals is the spin-off series that spun heads. The show takes place in New Orleans and centers around the “Mikealson siblings” who are the world’s “original vampires.” The show was placed on hold when Kevin Williamson had prior commitments to the short-lived series, The Secret Circle. Three main characters from TVD have crossed over and continue to play their roles in the new series. The Originals aired in October 2013.
6. 당신 realize the success of the show is because Kevin Williamson is behind it. Williamson brought Dawson’s Creek to the screen and captivated teen audiences throughout the 90’s. His 영화 and 텔레비전 shows are always a success and he hit gold with TVD. TVD is the most viewed series currently on the CW.
7. 당신 knew that TVD was renewed for a sixth season on February 13, 2014 and the excitement fueled your very existence.
8. Although Damon will always have a place in your heart, after all Elena and his 사랑 is the reason 당신 started watching, Stefan is the Salvatore 당신 truly adore! Those hazel eyes, dirty blonde hair, and pouty lips make 당신 cringe at the sight of him. Torrey DeVitto was a fool to let this hunky stud-muffin go! The couple 스플릿, 분할 and filed for divorce in July 2013, good news ladies!