Characters:
Percy Jackson
Annabeth Chase
Leo Valdez
Nicholas
Lily
And many others...

Synopsis: The Flames of Byzantium
Summary: Everything is a disaster. The Olympians are under attack from all fronts, the demigods only have on save haven left from the monsters of Gaea, and now, Percy's newest mortal enemy, the mysterious son of Kronos known as Nicholas, has appeared in his dreams. And Percy knows that he has some sinister plot up his sleeves, and it can only lead to trouble. But Percy has no idea how worse things can get...
Disclaimer: I do not own anything by Rick Riordan
last edited on Mar 03, 2012 at 04:51AM

올림푸스의 영웅들 1624 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 1624

over a year ago 131newbee313 said…
Prologue

The following event happens minutes before the Lost Hero.
Pain. Too much pain. It was all he could think about. He vaguely tried to remember the life-changing events that led him here, to what he felt certain was his death, but it was just a haze. He knew Hera had sent him to this place, and along the way he had met two boys, both with blond hair, blue eyes, and scars on their faces. But he could not recall who they were, their names, or what he did with them. Then more pain. It was horrible. It felt like magma seared every inch of his body. It felt like freezing knives ran across his skin. It felt like a million volts of electricity coursed through his veins, it felt like huge boulders slammed and crushed his body, while howling winds tried to pull him apart. Holding the sky had been nothing compared to this. Kronos's scythe had been a bee sting. The river Styx itself was a pleasant memory compared to this never ending pain. He saw days pass through a whole to the sky, as if time were being slowed down in here, or sped up outside. He heard the evil laughter of his captors, Gaea, and others who he could not remember. He knew he had to get out of this evil grasp and fight them again, but he couldn't. Suddenly, a white glow appeared next to him, causing the pain to recede enough for him to say:
"L-lady Hera," he moaned. "Come to gloat at my death?"
"You know I would love to," Hera replied, "but unfortunately, you are needed alive. I will trade places with you, while sending you somewhere safe. Gaea will claim me for her son, the giant king."
His eyes widened. "But you hold the Olympians together! Even though I don't care for you anymore than you do for me, Olympus still needs you!"
"Sadly, hero, I must. To let our fight on the giants begin, I must be captured. I will be captured anyway, no matter what, but at least I will spare a hero who is necessary in Gaea's downfall. Good-bye hero."
There was a blinding light, and the pain felt far away now, as he went zooming off into the darkness, and the next adventure of Percy Jackson.

Chapter 1. Percy.

I woke up with a searing pain. It quickly faded, letting thoughts flow back to my head. Man, I thought, that was a weird...wait, what just happened? Where am I? WHO am I? I can't remember anything! I opened my eyes, hoping my surroundings would jolt my memories. I was in a school bus, crammed between two girls, and a guy in the seat in front leaning back to talk with us. They looked about 15, 16, like me (at least I assume so). I quickly searched their faces. The girl on the window seat had straight hair that reached her back, died a ghostly blue with natural black streaking through. She had eyes to match her hair, a crystal-like blue. She looked good natured, like she could actually get a joke. The boy leaning back had tanned skin, extremely curly roasted coffee hair, with a curly goatee, and auburn eyes. The girl on my left had curly, shoulder-length, a dirty blond colored. Her eyes were steel gray, and serious face. All of them were laughing, while looking at me, like I had just told the worlds best joke.
"Nice one, Perce" the guy chuckled.
"Umm...what?" I asked, "Seriously, did I just hit my head or something, what just happened? Who am I?"
"Ha, funny Percy, I'm not letting you fool me like that time you switched the whipped cream on my banana split with shaving cream."
"Yah, that was a great one," laughed the blond one, "but I really loved that other time-"
"SERIOUSLY!" I shouted, starting to panic, "Who are you?! Who am I? Where are we? What-"
"Okay Percy, calm down," the blue-eyed girl said, "Bobby, Robin, I don't think he's lying. Percy never gets that panicky in his jokes."
"Alright, fine, Percy lemme explain it to you, that should help," the guy said, "I'm Bobby, you're greatest friend in the universe. Blue Hair over there is Abby, the girl who has been crushing on you since-"
"Bobby! He doesn't need to know that!" Abby said, turning tomato red.
"Fine, fine, relax", Bobby said, trying hard not to laugh. "Okay where was I? Right, Mrs. Know-It-All on your left is Robin, the girl who gives us every answer on every test, quiz, or problem we get at this school, the Roosevelt Military Academy. Which is, by the way, a school for either those of us with mental problems, or for kids whose parents just don't want to deal with them."
"Stupid dad..." I heard Robin mutter, but I chose to ignore it. At least for now.
"And finally," Bobby said, "we are on a school trip to Kings Valley, where our fitness-obsessed gym teacher will have us run through mud and create our meals over a fire."
"Wow, it's that bad?" I asked.
"Unfortunately, yes" Robin replied.
"And finally," Abby continued, "you are Percy Jackson, the guy who pulls pranks, tells jokes, and are basically the spirit of party."
"When your not blowing up schools and being kidnapped across the country by evil bikers." Bobby added.
"Evil bikers?"
"Yah, you were in all the newspapers. When you were 12 a huge guy on a motorcycle kidnapped you to LA, you two had a huge gun fight-which you won- then gave everyone in LA a free appliance from your step-dad's store."
I laughed. "I kinda sound like a jerk."
"Not really, you step-dad was always getting drunk and gambling," Robin said.
"So, remember everything yet?" asked Abby curiously.
I shook my head.
"Relax, it will come back to you soon," Bobby soothed, "a swim will help you. You get so calm when you're in the water."
"Alright" I murmured. "I think I'll go to the bathroom."
I got up and squeezed past Robin, then went in the bathroom. I went to the sink, and poured some water on my face, trying to clear my head. I cupped my hands under the stream again, when I noticed something on my right wrist. A rusty gold box was attached to my skin, looking like the bottom had dug itself into my arm. It looked like a weird gauntlet, and it had strange green markings running through it. I examined my other arm, and not finding anything similar, looked for another metal box on any other part of my body. Finally, I rubbed my back, and found another box on the small of my back. I pulled at both boxes, but they stayed on firm.
What are these? I thought to my self. What is going on here? Too many questions, all appearing too quickly. I looked in the mirror above the sink, and found a boy staring back at me. He had pitch black hair the looked like an miniature explosion, that almost reached his shoulders. There were streaks of gray passing through his hair on each side of his head. He had a rebellious face, that some people might say was handsome, with sun crinkles that showed he smiled a lot. Then his eyes. They were deep sea green, and held a ghost of a fire in them, a fire that would show a powerful man. They also looked friendly and humorous, but with a glint of sadness that was stored away.
With a start, I realized the boy was me. I quickly looked down at my clothes, jeans, and a leather jacket unzipped over a green T-shirt. I looked back up at the mirror, and saw a woman's face behind me. She had mousy brown hair, and her eyes were filled with a warm fire.
Do not fear, hero, she said. I will guide you through the confusing times that lie ahead in your path of greatness.
I quickly spun around, trying to see who it was and how they managed to sneak up on me so quickly, but there was nothing there.
Fine, I thought. I'll find out my destiny myself.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago TheMagicWord said…
laugh
I really like it, post again soon :D
over a year ago Germix said…
big smile
I loved it!!!!!
over a year ago AmazingPercy said…
big smile
Great start:)
big smile
Hi guys, I couldn't resist writing more. I am
definitely going to contiue to post more. I do not have a schedule planned out yet, I will just post whenever I can. Any advice is appreciated!

Chapter 2. Percy.
When we arrived at Kings Canyon, I figured my life couldn't get any worse. We were all supposed to wander through a thick swamp full of mud, set up about 30 tents, one for every person on the trip, all the while being eaten alive by mosquitoes, flies, and various other creepy crawlies. I immediately crushed every spider I came across, like it was an extremely old habit. Naturally, Bobby, Abby, Robin and I snuck off the moment we were supposed to work. While Bobby frolicked through the mud and poison ivy, looking extremely pleased with himself and the rest of the world, Abby, Robin, and I were miles behind him, grumbling to ourselves and avoiding steeping on plants and animals.
"Seriously man," called Robin, "How the frick do you enjoy this?"
"It's so great" Bobby practically giggled giddily, "me and the other fa- I mean, me and some of my friends helped preserve this park."
I could swear he blushed when he started to say something, but I got side-tracked when a bug fell on my shoulder. Hastily brushing it off, I returned my attention to Bobby.
"So, your an environmentalist, huh?" I asked.
"Of course, nature has the most amazing places in the worl- hey Max, what are you doing here" Bobby said irritably.
"What, I'm not allowed to sneak off too, punk?" a guy said in a burly voice. A short guy walked up to us. He looked like the type of person who acted like they were super strong, but wasn't. That made me
instantly hate him. He had straight hair, that a odd combination of snow white and chocolate brown, and it went over his face so you couldn't see his eyes. His mouth stuck out from the rest of his head, and he walked odd, almost like he was trotting, and he wore a gold jacket and black jeans.
"Awww, get out of here, Max" Abby snapped, "This party is reserved for people who aren't complete-"
"Hey com'on, all I'm trying to do is escape the punishment," he grinned, showing yellow teeth, "Can't blame a guy for that."
"Alright, fine, just don't start anything else," grumbled Robin, "Hey, I'm getting kinda thirsty, I'm gonna find the nearest river."
"I'll go with you, I need to wash the smell off that certain people track in" Abby glared at Max. After the two girls left, Max stared at me. Or at least, I think he did, it was hard to tell with all that hair.
"My mistress has sent me to find you, sea rat.", he snarled at me.
"What?" Bobby and I asked at the same time.
"She has been most displeased with your escape!" He growled, sounding like a hungry lion. I saw his eyes, and they where pure yellow with black slits, like the eyes of an eagle. "She sent me to finish the job that Juno prevented."
"Who? What are you talking about?" I asked.
"Oh no." Bobby said, turning the same shade of white as Max's hair. "This can NOT be happening."
"Prepare for the after-life, son of the muck!" roared Max. He began to shift. His mouth went out even further, lips hardening into a cruel, sharp beak. His hair spread all over his body, his head became a feathery white dome, his body stretching back into a gold mass, and his legs elongated and twisted, the feet becoming paws. His arms became hard and yellow, his hands becoming talons. The short boy had been replaced by a giant lion, but with the head, wings, and forelegs of an eagle.
"A griffin." Bobby whispered, looking frightened. "This is not good. Look at its eyes."
And sure enough, when I glanced at its eyes, they were surrounded by a shroud of purple fog.
"It's being controlled by something. But what?" Bobby's voice was barley audible.
"DIE FOOLS!" roared Max. The griffin. Whatever.
It flew right at Bobby, knocking him to the ground, then flew at me. It rammed me with its head straight in my chest, sending me flying through the air. I splashed into a river, hearing the girls scream. Surprisingly, the impact on the water hadn't hurt, though I probably would have a nasty bruise from where that things head had it me. I jumped out of the water to see what was happening, and the beast charged me again, talons raised. I leaped to the side, but it still got a cut on my shoulder from the talons. Ignoring the pain, I reached out at the last second and grabbed its lion's leg.
"Let me go, YOU RAT!" Max shrieked with a horrible wail following. He flew off straight into the air, with me still desperately holding on to its leg. Then, Max suddenly dove, sending me straight up, but somehow I held on and landed on the creatures back. It started to zoom around over the treetops, making sharp turns every two seconds, hoping to pry me off. But my body held on tight, like it did this every day.
"Why won't you DIE?!" Max wailed. My vision started to get better. I noticed the animals panicking away from the noise, my friends screaming below me, the clouds drifting above me. Then I saw little triangles on the griffin's head, that kept twitching in different directions. -Ears I thought. It navigates by sound.- An idea formed in my head. I quickly grabbed its ears, my hands blocking other sounds.
"WAAAAHHH!" Max said, "STOP THAT! UNFAIR!"
I didn't waste my breath responding to something he couldn't hear. Instead, I pulled both ears back and down, and Max plummeted down, back towards the river. An instant before he hit the water, I jumped with all my might. Unfortunately, that was more than I needed. I landed in a branch of a tree, about ten feet above the ground. My landing hurt, but it was better then possibly getting trampled by a disoriented griffin underwater. I slid to the ground, trying to land on my feet, but instead flat on my back. Abby helped me up, and instantly my friends barraged me with words.
"HOW DID YOU DO THAT-"
"THAT WAS AWESOME-"
"WHAT IS THAT THING-"
"SHUT UP! Look, he's getting up," I said commandingly.
They looked around to find he was, holding his right talon up, probably hurting it in the crash. He glared at me, pain and hate in his eyes.
"Fine, if I can't settle for the dead 'Hero of Olympus', I will settle for a captured half-blood." he snarled, leaping at Robin, but Bobby grabbed giant tree branch and whacked Max in the face. He flew away, snarling, and Bobby turned to me.
"You've been trained." It wasn't a question, it was a fact. He raised an eyebrow at me. "No untrained demigod could have held on to that griffin."
Abby yelled "DEMIGOD! What on Earth are you talking about, Bobby?! What is going on? That THING almost KILLED Percy!"
"He means," I answered calmly, that were are demigods. Children of mortals and gods. And that that thing, Max, was a monster."
"Bla-ha-ha-ha-ha" Bobby bleated, "See? You even know about the gods. And that THING was noble griffin. Griffins are supposed to be guardians for the gods, but that one was under something else's control."
"Wait, wait, wait. Were supposed to believe in gods, is that what your saying?" Robin said skeptically. "How absurd is that?"
"They are real!" moaned Bobby, "The Roman gods are still alive, staying in America, with the important parts of Ancient Rome traveling with them."
"Wait now." I said, suddenly confused, "ROMAN gods. Those are just the Greek gods under different names."
"NO!" Bobby snapped. "They WERE Greek, but they became Roman when Greece died, and they have stayed Roman ever since."
Note to self: don't use Greek terms that are floating in my head. People do not appreciate it. It can't be that hard to switch the names and stuff, can it? But my thoughts were interrupted by Bobby, who was looking at me while saying:
"Now what I wanna know is how Percy knows so much, and who trained him. He was NOT been to Romana Aequitas Academia."
Every one stared at me. I shrugged.
"It felt like a reflex. I probably fight monsters every day." I said the last part jokingly.
"Well, we can find out more about your past later. Or at least the parts we don't know about. Right now, we have to get you three to Romana Aequitas Academia"
Somehow, I understood the Latin.
"What is the Roman Justice Academy?" Robin, Abby and I asked simultaneously.
"A place where demigods like you can live and train safely."
"Like I actually believe this nonsense you boys are spewing" muttered Robin, so I gave her the evil eye.
"Let's go!" said Bobby, and with that, he kicked off his shoes. But instead of feet, he had hooves. Abby looked like she was about to lose her lunch.
I stammered "Y-you're a satyr."
He looked at me puzzled. "I'm a faun, half-man half-goat. Aren't satyrs that religious meal?"
"That's SEDER dummy, he's talking Greek again." Robin informed him.
"Well now, this is getting disturbing." Abby murmured. But that wasn't the most disturbing thing of the day. Because then, five awesome winged horses flew down from the sky, landing a couple feet away from our group. A girl with straight, auburn hair was riding on one, and she grinned at us.
"Gang, meet Hazel Shaftson" Bobby announced. "Daughter of Apollo"
"Hey Bobby," her grin still plastered on her face ridiculously, "You guys need a lift?"
over a year ago Mythmaniac said…
heart
Cool story!!! When can you post again?
big smile
I don't really have a posting schedule yet. Each chapter takes me about two days, so expect that to be my plan unless I give some other notice.
Thanks for all your views!
laugh
That was awesome, but how did Percy understand Latin, he's Greek. I don't really care though just post asap emphasis on the S (and p cuz no pressure)
big smile
@TheMagicWord: Yes, I know that Percy is Greek, but I also remember that he cursed in Latin in the first book. Other things that dont make sense ,like Percy understanding Latin, are all part of my story. Thanks for viewing!

Also, I will post either today or tommorow
In the first book Mr. Brunner taught Latin.
So
Percy=Poseidon
Bobby=faun
Hazel=Apollo
The rest I am guessing
Gwen=Minerva
Dakota=Mercury
Reyna=Venus
Abby=Ceres
Robin=Vulcan ??????????????????????????????????????????­???­???­???­???­???­???

Really good I want to see what happens at camp
Can you post soon, I really want to see your story!

P.S. Sorry if I'm being to pushy...
I can post now, but it isn't my favorite chapter. Not much happens, but I can post it if you want.
big smile
Well if you don't like it u should just get posting it over with so u can move on to bigger and better chapters.
Okay, here it is. Nothing much happens, but oh well:

Chapter 3. Abby.
This day was insane. First, my future boyfriend wakes up with no memory. I can't tell whether that is good or bad. This is a chance to give him a new approach, try something different to get him to notice me. But also, now he doesn't remember anything about, even the bad parts I had trouble sharing with him the first time. More on that later. Second, we are attacked by a giant lion-eagle hybrid, and Bobby grows hooves and tells us Roman mythology isn't mythology. He said that WE are children, that my father, was a god. Very insane. He doesn't know anything about my father. Neither do I, but he doesn't need to know that. Now, each of us gets to ride our own flying horse, and Percy seems to be having a conversation with them.
"Who's missing?" he asked his pegasus, a graceful white mare that Hazel told us was named Blizzard. Blizzard whinnied, and Percy nodded his head thoughtfully.
"That must suck, he was at the Academy for thirteen years? Must've been a big part of your Academy."
All the pegasi whinnied to that, and Percy turned slightly red.
"Thanks, but really, you don't have to call me 'my lord', okay?"
They whinnied again, and I had the guts to finally ask: "What are you doing exactly? Are you pretending to talk to the horses?"
"I'm not pretending, they're telling me about Jason."
Bobby and Hazel's smiles faded at the word 'Jason'.
"Who is Jason?" I asked.
"He was our leader" Bobby responded, looking sad.
Hazel continued, "He led our fight against the titan Krios, and was with our camp since he was two."
"He was also the oldest child of the Big Three in generations. His father was Jupiter, King of the Gods."
"The guy who controls the lightning and sky," Robin said, "Not that I suddenly believe in gods. Pegasi and griffins are one thing, gods are on a whole different level."
Bobby shrugged at her denial, then continued "He was a great warrior, and to some of us, a great friend."
I asked curiously "WAS? What happened to him?"
Percy answered before Bobby or Hazel could: "Apparently, he disappeared three days ago, in the middle of the night. He took Blizzard here somewhere," he gestured to his new ride, "Then told Blizzard to return to California."
"Wait, Blizzard knows where Jason went?" Hazel asked incredulously, but Percy shook his head. "Blizzard doesn't have good night vision, all he did was follow Jason's orders."
"That sucks," I said sympathetically, "I'm really sorry."
Both Hazel and Bobby acted interested in their clothing.
"Okay, back on the subject of Percy talking to the horses." Robin reminded us.
A pegasi whinnied angrily, and Percy said "Pegasi, not horses. They would cause a stampeded for an 'insult' like that."
"You're insane" was Robin's only response.
"Don't judge him yet," Bobby said, "Fauns can talk to animals too, and many children of gods can talk to their parent's animal. It depends on his mom or dad."
"How can we tell who your parent is?" I asked.
Hazel pointed to her right forearm. There was a tattoo burned on there. It had twelve black lines, like a bar code, and above that, a beam of sunlight with an arrow passing through.
She said "The tattoos show us. We burn a magic metal on your skin, and once it is over, your parent's main symbol or animal will form on your arm."
"Lovely," I said, feeling nauseous from the idea of getting a red-hot iron on your skin. "What are the black lines?"
Hazel replied, "Those indicate your age. From three years old onward, demigods develop a smell that monsters or fauns can pick up. Therefore, after three marks every year you survived. I am fifteen, so I have twelve lines, and my father is Apollo, so I have his sunlight and archery skills."
"Sweet" Percy said with obvious enthusiasm, "When can I get a tattoo?"
Robin, Bobby, and I all stared at him. He grinned.
"Oh common, I don't wanna meet the guy who DOESN'T want to get a tattoo."
We all had to laugh at that.
"Sorry," Hazel said swiping her eyes, "But to get your tattoo, or to even stay at the Academy, you have to pass a test. To prove you are worthy to join a Legion. Speaking of which, we are here."
The pegasi dived, coming to a stop in the middle of a forest. In front of us was an ancient roman football field. Or at least, that's what it looked like. It was like the Coliseum in Rome, only a million times bigger. And newer. It was complete, no collapsing pillars or piles of rubble. It's pearly white stone went on for miles. We approached it, and saw brass gates fit for a giant. There was a sign above the doors, reading Romana Aequitas Academia. Roman Justice Academy. A slit opened next to the gates, and a burly, strict voice commanded: "Present name and rank."
"Bobby Forester, Protector and Lieutenant to the Eighth Legion"
Hazel whispered to us, "Protector means he finds demigods like you out in the world, and Lieutenant to the Eighth Legion means he is second-in-command of the nature armies. Meaning fauns, dryads, naiads, auri*, and any other nature spirit." I didn't know what those names meant, but I could ask later.
"PRESENT NAME AND RANK!"
Hazel grinned at us sheepishly, than said in her best serious voice, "Hazel Shaftson, Daughter of Apollo, Commander of the Third Legion."
Now it was Bobby's turn to whisper to us. "She means she leads the archery unit of the armies."
"Nice." Percy said, grinning, "We get to be picked up by the celebrities."
Bobby turned red, then turned back to the guard, who asked:
"And those three?"
"Undetermined demigods."
The guard grunted. "Very well. Enter."
The gates flew open, and we saw a huge field, with many various buildings and cabins. A river ran through a grassy plain, and nearby, a stone circle in which teenagers in gladiator armor dueled one another with swords, shields, spears, and many other weaponry. In the center, there was a smaller arena, also built to resemble the Coliseum. There was also sport fields, where more teenagers were playing intense games of basketball, soccer, volleyball, you name it. Fauns also wandered around, so did weird girls, who had elfish faces, looking like plants or winds.
"Welcome," Bobby and Hazel said proudly together, "To the Roman Justice Academy."

*I don't know the plural of the aura, tell me if this is right.
over a year ago Jas55jar said…
heart
OMG I love your story!!!!!
big smile
Heres chapter 4!

Chapter 4. Abby.
Oh. My. Gods. Holy crap. That is all I can say. This place is amazing. Bobby told us that this place was hidden from normal mortal vision by something he called the Mist. That just blows my mind.
"Alright everyone," Hazel announced, her chocolate brown eyes sparkling, "Time for the grand tour. How about I take Abby, Bobby take Percy, and I can get Gwen to take Robin." Her grin widened at the last pair, but I interjected.
"No way, we are all a team, we stick together."
"Fine, fine. But we still need to get Gwen and Robin in the same room."
"That was exactly what I was thinking when I met her." Bobby refrained from laughing. Percy raised an eyebrow at me, as if to ask What-is-wrong-with-everyone-on-this-planet­? I stifled a giggle, then demanded "Can we just get on with the tour?"
"Alright, let's go. We can introduce you to the people who won't try to kill you."
We started with the stone ring where the gladiators fought.
"This is where the soldiers of the academy train." Hazel informed us.
"Why do they need to be trained" Robin asked curiously.
"To fight monsters, or in extreme cases, Titans. To fight for the honor of Regius Bellator, or royal soldier, in the Gladiator Games. To prove your worth to the Academy."
The warriors were all sweating, each one of them using insane moves, like they were fighting for their lives. Judging on what's going on, some of them might be.
"They really take this seriously, don't they?" I asked, seeing some dark gleams in one boys eye as he disarmed his opponent.
"Here in Rome, your skill is important. The best warriors get rewards and honors. Leaders are very respected. Rome trains warriors hard, but off the field, we can become regular people. Or a little more regular. Look, those two are a prime example." Bobby said, pointing at two people approaching.
"Hey Hazel!"
"Hey Bobby!"
The two people said at once.
"Meet Olivia and Oliver Uva, twin son and daughter of Bacchus, and the camps best party-throwers."
"Not to mention pranksters" Oliver grinned mischievously. They both had curly black hair that almost looked purple, but Olivia's was a lot longer. They had skinny faces, and eyes the color of red wine. Percy snicker.
"It seems your parents named you after the wrong fruit, eh?" he laughed. Robin glared at him, most likely thinking he was rude, but the twins just laughed.
"Good job guys, you finally found someone else that can make a joke." Olivia said.
"Yah, SOME people around here are getting way to serious." Oliver said, gesturing to a guy and girl who were walking up behind him. The guy had a blond military buzz cut, and orange eyes the color of light flames. He was skinny, but still looked like he spent all spare time lifting weights. He was pretty cute. The girl had wavy light brown hair pulled into a ponytail. She had eyes that looked like rainbows, that were probably beautiful, but were surrounded by red, like she had been crying. She looked at all of us, then ignoring us, spoke to Bobby.
"Report! Who are the rookies, and WHERE is Jason."
"Sorry Reyna, we didn't find him. This is-"
Reyna stomped off, leaving us staring at her back.
"What's her problem?" I asked, getting angry, "And why did she treat us like crap?"
"Don't judge her too harsh, she was a really close friend of Jason. Some people even thought they were dating, but they were like siblings."
"Okay, enough!" the blond guy said, "Time to test the newbies!"
"Common Dakota, we were just giving them a tour. They can take the test tomorrow," pleaded Hazel.
"It's the Academy's law!" Dakota yelled. Bobby shot us a look that said 'He was also a really close friend of Jason'.
"They must take the test NOW!"
"Okay, okay, just let us get them some weapons before you test them, alright?"
"Fine. You guys have an hour to prepare." Dakota grumbled, then stomped after Reyna. I was beginning to realize just how important Jason was to people here.
"We miss him too, but that doesn't give him the right to be a jerk." muttered Olivia.
"Come on guys, we have to hurry if we are going to get you guys armed and trained." Oliver said hurriedly.
"Thanks," I murmured, then Percy grabbed my arm, and the seven of us ran towards what Hazel told us to the armory. I blushed while he was pulling me, but then he let go when we were there. Bobby opened the door of a small shack, and we saw swords, knives, spears, shields, bows, arrows, and many other weapons lining the walls. There was even some guns. Robin saw the weapons, and immediately reached for a fancy longbow and a quiver full of silver arrows.
"Awesome" she said softly.
"Is that the weapon you want? Because I can train you with that." Hazel asked.
Robin looked up, a gleam in her eyes. "Let's go!"
"And then there were five." Percy joked. Olivia punched him.
"So, what looks appealing to you?" Oliver asked me.
I looked around, and two twin daggers caught my eye. They had black leather handles, with blades that looked like snakes. The metal was metallic blue. Blue! Did I mention I love blue? It's the color of my eyes, and it is why I died my hair blue.
I pointed at the daggers. "What about those?"
Oliver looked at what I was pointing at, then paled.
"Are you sure you want those?" he asked nervously, "I mean, there are plenty of weapons."
"Why not?" I was getting curious. Oliver was silent for a while, so I watched Percy pull out a gold sword, which I heard Bobby and Olivia say is an imperial gold gladius. Finally, Oliver spoke again.
"They belonged to George Stelt, a son of Vulcan. He was a great warrior and friend, who died saving Jason's life from Krios. That gave Jason his chance to defeat Krios."
"Oh." I said, my voice small. I always had felt used to death, I realized that people have to die. But people don't like you saying things like that, so I kept my mouth shut.
Oliver went on, "But they were powerful. See, the blades enhance whatever powers you have. Like George was what we call a fire-user, meaning he could control fire. If he made a candle flame while holding the knives, it would magnify into a flame-thrower."
"So, if I had any powers, the knives would enhance them?"
"Exactly."
I had to think about it. Use extremely powerful BLUE knives that belonged to a dead man, or find some other lame weapon.
"I'll take the knives."
"Okay, but please treat them with respect."
"Of course."
I heard a voice coming from the arena in the center of the camp, like when the principle speaks over the intercom.
"Attention soldiers of Rome, report to main arena. Three rookies are about to take the Test!"
I looked around, to see the soldiers cheering at the news. Lovely, people who want to see us die.
Bobby and the Uva twins looked at Percy and me with sympathy.
"Sorry we didn't get a chance to train you two." Bobby said.
"But you two are half-bloods, your instincts will keep you alive." Olivia said with forced cheerfulness.
"Great." I muttered, and Percy grinned, like he was excited about dying.
"Anyone who messes with me will have to deal with Avenger" he said, pulling his gladius out of it's scabbard.
"Avenger?" Oliver asked.
"Sword has gotta have a name, right? Common, let's go kick some butt."
He started walking toward the arena.
Bobby and I exchanged glances.
"He's an idiot, right?"
Bobby laughed, and the rest of us followed Percy. We meet up with Robin and Hazel, Hazel going on about Robin being a natural.
"So, who are we fighting?" Robin asked.
Hazel looked at a board near the entrance of the arena.
"First up, Abby is fighting Samantha Rose, the only good fighter from the Venus group. Then Robin versus Dakota, and lastly Percy is fighting Gwen. Ouch, sorry. They really don't want you guys to win, do they?"
"Thanks for the encouragement." I grumbled.
"Okay, Abby, go over to that door, and follow the hallway. You're first up. We'll be watching in the stands." Hazel instructed me.
"Good luck." Percy said.
Before I could blush, I ran to the door and went inside. There was a long, dark, stone hall, which my eyes immediately adjusted too. I also love the dark, it's awesome. I have no clue why people are afraid of it. I took a dagger in each hand, and started walking down the hall. After about five minutes of the hall twisting and turning in random directions, with the only sound being a drip of water and my footsteps, I found a door. I could hear the crowds outside, cheering and yelling. I took a deep breath, than walked through the door.
Sunlight hit my eyes immediately, blinding me. When I could see again, I saw a girl on the opposite side of the arena. The arena is what I imagined the inside of the Coliseum looked like, but smaller, intact, and with only teenagers. The girl on the opposite of me was beautiful. She had great makeup, wavy blond hair, and forest green eyes. She smiled at me, and said in a sweet voice, "Hi! I'm Sam, and it's my job to test your worth. Good luck! You're going to need it"
With that, she pulled out a giant double-handed sword, made of imperial gold, and charged.

<Next Chapter Goes Back to Camp Half-Blood!>

Abby's Twin Daggers (They are badly edited, sorry):
 Heres chapter 4! Chapter 4. Abby. Oh. My. Gods. Holy crap. That is all I can say. This place i
big smile
Yeah CHB
robin-daina?
Abby-jupiter or mercury?

Keep writing:)
hmmm
I think abby's hades but I can't be right. She does like the dark and not have a problem with death though…
big smile
awesome chapter!!!!!
over a year ago percyrulz said…
percy aldready has a sword why does he need "avenger"
His original sword is Anaklusmos, a Greek name. The Romans cannot know about it yet.
Chapter 5. Leo.
What a day. I am exhausted. I've been up a day and a night. The moment after Jason told us about Percy's being at the Roman camp, Annabeth, the Athena and Hephaestus cabins, and I had been working on the Argo II. They had worked nonstop till midnight of the next day, but boy had it been productive. They had completed about three-fourths of the skeleton, a feat that had been estimated to take about a week. Annabeth had planned everything out. The Athena cabin worked more on the ideas behind the boat, while the Hephaestus cabin worked more on the construction. Annabeth had allowed no delays at all, a determined fire blazing in her eyes. It almost scared me how much she worked, clearly pushing both her mind and body beyond their limits. We had tried to get her to rest, but she just yelled at us more. She really was loyal to her boyfriend. No one would say it aloud, but she was doing all this work just to find him. I figured she would die before giving up looking for him. It made me question my loyalties, like if I would give up so much to help Jason or Piper. I hoped I would, and that they would do the same for me. Anyway, Annabeth had finally let us go to bed, and I got in mine face first. -Maybe I won't dream tonight.-I hazily thought. --Or I could have normal dreams. And maybe Gaea will give out boxes of chocolates to every demigod. And maybe I will find a date.
And with that hopeful thought, I fell asleep. And I was right. I hate it when I'm right.
"Hola Tia." My dream-self said. "Oops, I forgot, you prefer Hera, don't you?" If she got to torture me in my SLEEP, then I should get to crack a joke or two.
"You should learn respect, Valdez." Hera said, frowning. It appeared that me and the Queen of Gods where just floating in an endless field of white, like what people imagine nowhere looks like. Hera continued. "I could teach you, but I am afraid it won't leave any room in your cluttered brain for THIS lesson."
"Hera, did you just make a joke?" I asked, shocked. "Good for you. Now I can give you a lesson on jokes, right before you give me a lesson in respect."
"This lesson first." Hera said, sighing. "This is for when you first meet the Romans."
My dream-self's eyes widened. "But Hera! The boats not even CLOSE to done, and we can only sail on the summer solstice. And-"
"Silence, Valdez." She said with thinning patience. "I do not expect the boat to be done soon, or to find the Roman camp. But you will be meeting the Romans on your next quest."
I groaned. "Another quest, so soon? What about the boat?"
"Your cabin mates and Annabeth can handle the boat without you. And you have a duty to your fellow demigods to do anything you can to help defeat Gaea."
"Alright, I'll go when the quest begins. If the camp and prophecy let me. Now, what do I need to know about the Romans?"
"The Romans are stubborn about their beliefs. Do not challenge the fact that they use different names for different things. They insult easily, and if you provoke them too much, they will snap. Especially Perseus Jackson."
"Okay, I can handle that. But Percy? But everyone here says he's easy going, super fun, always cracking jokes. Like a watery version of myself. No one here has ever really seen him mad."
Hera rolled her eyes at my comparison of me and Percy. "Except Jackson has some wit behind HIS jokes."
"Oooh, Hera, a second joke. Much better that the first."
She ignored me, and continued. "Yes, no one has seen him truly angry yet, but he can get to that stage. He has had a tough life. The anger from that life, that most would release, he has stored away, and even without his memories, that anger could be unleashed at any moment, and with his anger, comes power."
I must have looked skeptical, because she frowned.
"You do not believe me? Fine, Grandson." I paled when she said 'grandson'. That *insert curse here* cannot be my grandma! Hera continued"
"I will show you the power Jackson possesses, without rage fueling him."
Everything turned red, and suddenly, I was above a forest, staring at a volcano.
-Mount Saint Helens.- I thought to myself. --Didn't Jake or Will Solace tell me about an explosion there?-
I zoomed into the volcano. Below me was piping hot lava, which I didn't want to get any closer to. I know I can survive fire, but lava is like millions of degrees higher. The lava cast a red glow throughout the cavern, and through the glow, I saw forges. They looked totally awesome. I zoomed in further, right near the outskirts of the forge. Seeing all the machinery, I new it must have belonged to my father. But now monsters were using it. They were creepy little otters, but with dog faces and human hands. They looked like sea demons. Then I saw to teenagers nearby, looking a little younger than me.
I saw them close up, and realized one was Annabeth, but at fourteen. She had soot on her face and hair, and was talking to a guy with pitch black hair with weird gray stripes. He had pure sea-green eyes, and a rebellious face that I figured was used to smiling. But that was the last thing it was doing now.
I realized with a start that the guy was Percy Jackson. THE Percy Jackson. The guy everyone was talking about, that everyone missed, the great Hero of Olympus. It was true he looked good and was well muscled, but he looked so...ordinary. Not like the larger than life hero everyone loves.
They were talking about the dog-men, and I caught a word. Telekhines. That's what the little freaks were, the jerks who invaded my dads forge. Annabeth nodded, then said, "We have to get out-"
She was interrupted by a hoard of kid-sized telekhines, who were searching for them.
Percy said, "Put your cap back on. Get out!"
Annabeth shrieked, "What?! No! I'm not leaving you."
He replied calmly, "I've got a plan. I'll distract them. You can use the metal spider-maybe it'll lead you back to Hephaestus. You have to tell him what's going on."
"But you'll be killed!" Annabeth said with fear in her voice.
But Percy stayed calm and said, "I'll be fine. Besides, we've got no choice."
Annabeth looked angry, but Percy seemed to accept it, like he was used to her being mad. For a glimpse, I saw what Percy saw in some part of his head. It was Annabeth and a blond guy, who looked suspiciously like Jason, except he was older, and his scar ran along under his blue eyes. Annabeth was blushing. The whole scene was in a fiery light, like Percy hated it. I realized why. Percy must have thought Annabeth liked that guy instead of him, and he blamed Annabeth's anger on that. But after what happened next, I don't see how he could ever believe that.
Instead of punching him, she leaned forward and kissed him. I could tell she had wanted to do that for a long time. Percy's eyes opened super wide comically. They were so wide I figured his eyes would fall out. Then, he recovered his wits, closed his eyes and leaned in to it. They stayed like that for about a minute, then broke apart at last. I hate always being the third wheel, even in a dream of the past. Annabeth said, "Be careful, Seaweed Brain," and she disappeared. While Percy stood there, dumbstruck, I thought to myself, -HA! Seaweed Brain? That's a great one! I can't wait to call him that. Even better that Beauty Queen or Sparky!-
Percy dashed through the demons, but got surrounded by them on both sides. Four giant elder telekhines came up to him. I panicked, thinking he would die there. He had the same look in his eyes. I realized there was no plan. He had just wanted to keep Annabeth safe. Maybe I shouldn't annoy him. The telekhines snarled some words I missed, then I heard:
"Let us see how strong he is. Let us see how long it takes him to burn!" The four demons scooped up lava, and globbed it on to him. He panicked, swatting away the lava, but it didn't seem to burn him. Yet.
Another demon said, "Your father's nature protects you. Makes you hard to burn. But not impossible, youngling. Not impossible." The poured more lava on him, and he yelled in pain. Percy fell to the ground, on his knees and hands, fire leaping all over him. I tried to look away from the gruesome scene, but couldn't. It was awful. I didn't see how he could survive this.
Suddenly, his eyes gleamed, then started glowing with a green light. He roared, and beautiful, sparkling blue water rushed into existence all around him, appearing from thin air. The earth started shaking, and the water caught Percy, washing away the flames, and blasted him and the telekhines downward to the lava below. The water collided the lava, creating steam and smoke, while the earth blasted it all into the sky. My dream-self zoomed away, going back over the forest. The volcano exploded, a giant mushroom cloud of fire, smoke, earth, and water. I saw machinery and other shrapnel fly everywhere, and what I thought was Percy sail over the ocean. The explosion was huge. You could see it states away, a fiery cloud covering northwest America.
I sat up in my bed. I was drenched in cold sweat, and looked at the time. 4:00 AM. Thoughts raced in my head about what Hera had shown me. --He is powerful. What could he do when he was in more than just pain? Like get him angry? He could defeat armies. If Gaea actually woke up, maybe Percy could get the power to defeat her. He would definitely need help, but he could. What if that power could be used in another way? It could fuel a war machine.-
I shook my head. I could think about that when I actually met the guy. I looked at my bed, comfy, but there was no way I could get to sleep after that. Maybe I'll walk through the forest, visit Bunker 9. I could search for new mechanics for the boat, or any useful weapon designs. I got up, got dressed, and sneaked out of my cabin. I know it's curfew still, but I needed to clear my head of some thoughts.
I got to Bunker 9 with no issues. I searched through papers for hours, trying to find a design of interest. Then I found a design that interested my. It was an ancient Greek weapon called deepeeka falcata, or as I was going to call it, kopis. It was like a sword without a hilt, and curved handles. It looked like in battle it would strike smooth and swift. A side note under the picture said 'Elysian Silver', which I figured was like Imperial Gold or Celestial Bronze. I could make a sword like that for myself. Of course, it would have adjustments, like making in burnable but not meltable, so I could use my sweet fire powers on it or through it. I was satisfied. I left the bunker, and found it was still dark out. But soon people would be getting up, and I could use the forges for my new sword. I started walking back through the forest, when a giant hand leaped through the shadows and grabbed my shoulder. I screamed, whirling around to find my worst nightmare: a fire-proof, six-foot tall, burly, grinning Cyclops, probably contemplating the best way to eat me.

The deepeeka falcata (kopis) Leo will make:
 Chapter 5. Leo. What a day. I am exhausted. I've been up a 일 and a night. The moment after Jaso
big smile
Chapter 6. Leo.

So here I am, about to be eaten by a grinning Cyclops. I yelled for help, then ran away. I had gotten a few steps, when I hit someone in the shadows.
"Ow! Watch where you are going!"
I did the natural thing. I yelled again, and ran away. I ran straight into Thalia.
"What's wrong with you, Valdez? Where's Jason or Piper?" she grumbled.
"What's wrong with YOU?! There is a Cyclops who wants to eat me, and another monster grew from the shadows!"
"Hey! I resent being called monster! Even the Ares cabin isn't THAT mean." The shadow monster came out into the light, revealing an twelve year old boy.
"And don't worry, I'm a good monster." The Cyclops walked back up, still grinning.
I tried to nonchalantly slip away, but Thalia held my shoulders. "Relax Valdez, Tyson is on our side. He's an elder Cyclops, the type that forges weapons for the gods. He won't eat you."
"Tell that to ME." A satyr emerged from the forest also. "Nico, can you try next time to keep us all together when you shadow travel? I ended up on the top of a tree in a bird's nest."
"Sorry" the boy grinned sheepishly.
"Leo," Thalia announced, "Meet some of our best warriors. The Cyclops is Tyson, Percy's half brother, and Commander of the Cyclops Armies."
Tyson waved at me, even though his grin faltered at Percy's name. He had brown hair, a giant calf-brown eye, and wore a plaid panel shirt. Everyone looked so serious at the fact that a monster was Percy's half-brother, so I forced myself to hold my tongue.
"The 'Shadow monster'," Thalia continued, "is Nico di'Angelo, Son of Hades and a major key in the Battle of Manhattan."
"I've decided to let you off the hook for calling me a monster," Nico said with a half-smile. He blended into the shadows well, because he had shaggy black hair, black eyes with a maniacal gleam, and he wore only black clothes. He had olive skin.
"The satyr is Grover Underwood, Keeper, Searcher, Chosen One of Pan, and the newest member of the Council of Cloven Elders."
"Thalia!" Grover protested, blushing. He had curly brown hair, brown eyes, and the legs of a goat. He only war a Camp-Half Blood shirt.
I looked at Thalia for something to say to them. Her spiky black hair looked freshly cleaned, and her electric blue eyes gleamed. She was dressed similarly to Nico, all black. She caught me starring, so I quickly looked away.
"Okay then, how did you guys just pop up out of nowhere? And where have you been the last week?"
"That would be me," Nico explained, "I can travel through the shadows anywhere in the world."
"And to explain where we were," Thalia continued, "After you three freed Hera, Lady Artemis sent a message to the Hunters, telling me to go find all the people out there searching for Percy, and to get them to camp. People like Grover, Nico, and Tyson. That's why I missed the meeting about your quest, someone will have to fill us in on what happened."
I looked at their faces, and knew I couldn't tell these people, who were so close to Percy, that he had forgotten them all. They needed to hear from a friend, like Annabeth or Rachel. Luckily, Annabeth chose that moment to try to find me.
"LEO! Get over here! We need to continue on the boat-" Her eyes, that looked red and puffy from crying, widened when she saw who was there. She almost looked happy.
"Grover! Thalia! Tyson! Nico!" She ran to them, and they all hugged and said their greetings. Tyson crushed her with a hug.
After they finished their exchange, I muttered, "Great, you're here. You can explain to them about Percy."
"Oh, do I really- Okay, fine, I'll tell them." She looked nervous.
"Wait, we know something about Percy?!" Grover somehow looked excited and anxious at the same time. "You have to tell us!"
Everyone stared at Annabeth intently. She cleared her throat, then stammered, "Well, y-you all know how Jason talks with the Roman names? Well, it turns out that somewhere in San Francisco, there is a Roman demigod camp, where Jason was since he was two until now. Hera took Jason's memory, and put him here so the Romans and Greeks would get along. But the thing is...is was an exchange. She sent Jason here, and Percy there. He is at the Roman camp, without any of his memories."
All of them stared at Annabeth, letting the message sink in, that their friend didn't remember them. I sensed anger in the air, so I decided to cover my ears. Just in time.
"WHAAAAT!?" I heard multiple voices yell at once. Lucky me, I would have been deafened if I hadn't covered my ears.
Nico and Thalia had both yelled at once, leaving Tyson, Grover, Annabeth, and I looking at them stunned.
"After all he's done for us, he can't just-" Nico yelled, eyes blazing with anger.
"That's it! I am going to KILL Hera-" Thalia's eyes were sparking electricity.
"Calm down!" Annabeth yelled. "I know, I'm mad also. But we can't afford to get angry now! The only thing we can do is try to find Percy and the Roman camp, and work on the Argo II, the boat that will take us there. Save your anger for Hera!"
They both seemed to get a grip on themselves.
"Sorry," Nico murmured, looking at his feet.
"It's fine Nico, we should probably talk about some things-"
"Okay, I think you all are better suited for talking about Percy, I think I'll go to the forges." I interrupted Annabeth.
Tyson looked up, "Forges?" he asked, looking hopeful.
"Leo, take Tyson with you, he's a Cyclops, they forge weapons for the gods. You can teach him a little more about mechanics, and Tyson can teach you more about forging." Annabeth made it seem like a suggestion, but it was a command. "And later, Tyson can help us with the Argo II."
I thought about it. I had a bad experience with Cyclopes, on my quest with Jason and Piper, they got captured by three, which I had to battle by my self. But still, he could help me make my new weapon...
"Sure, why not?" I said, forcing to return Tyson's grin. "Let's go."
We made our way back to the forges, that were empty. Only a few campers were up yet. We started the fires, and Tyson asked, "What are we going to make?" in the deep voice of his.
I showed him the diagrams of the blades, and said, "I'm going to make them out of this 'Elysian Silver', except make it able to burn, so I can use my powers on it."
"Alright, easy." He said. Tyson took a lump of silver out of a cabinet. It looked like it weighed more than me, but he held it with one hand. Tyson then proceeded to heat it up, then fashioned it into a blade so quickly it hadn't cooled a degree. He made comments on how to fashion the blade, so I took mental notes. The guy was an expert. No wonder he makes weapons for the gods.
"Now, we just fuse it with this," he said, pouring a clear liquid, like gasoline, over the blade, "and it won't melt but stay on fire." Finally, he attached the bronze hilt.
"Thanks, man." I said impressed, but Tyson just grinned. I held it up in the light, and it gleamed wickedly.
I then lit it on fire, and the flames danced along the blade. I swung it, and it felt great.
"Awesome." I grinned, "The next quest is gonna be fun."

Please leave responses. I even will take spam ;).
hmmm
And how do you go to a second page?
over a year ago Csk214 said…
big smile
That was an awsome story. Great chapters. You should post the next one by the en of the day
over a year ago Csk214 said…
mischievous
There is no second page............. Yet.
laugh
haha (csk214) like wat u did there. Awesome chapter, and i think we solved your second-page dilemma. so......... yeah *smiles akwardly*
over a year ago blakerose12 said…
big smile
Awesome I just started reading it and it's really ggggooooddd !! ^^ lol funny post soon!!:)
smile
WOW! Love your story line- it's getting good!

P.S. When can you post again?
smile
I think I can post by the end of today.
over a year ago POJO45 said…
Yay!
big smile
Yyyyyyaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!:)
big smile
I finished this chapter earlier than I thought. Enjoy! :)

Chapter 7. Robin.

Well, this will be fun. Great tournament of people fighting each other. Maybe I can analyze the soldier's fighting styles for my own fight against Dakota. He was really a jerk, I think I'll shoot him with my arrow right in his...well, you get the idea. Not important now though. I was watching from the sidelines on the closest seats to the ground, to give Abby some encouragement. I was sitting next to Hazel and Percy. Hazel and really seemed to take a shine to me for my bow-and-arrow skills. It wasn't really instinct, I could just see how the pulling the cord affects the arrows velocity, and how different angles...well, again, you understand what I mean. It was like I could analyze the weapon just by looking at it.
But back to reality...a pretty girl, Hazel said she was Samantha 'Sam' Rose, was charging Abby with a giant golden sword. Hazel had told me that she was a Daughter of Venus. AKA love. Eww. That stuff makes me want to puke.
It was hard to watch. Samantha had this extreme style, a rapid attack style, each slice giving off power, but bouncing back for the next strike. She was a blur of gold. Abby wasn't doing that bad. With her two daggers, she managed to block the onslaught so far. But she could only block, leaving no time to send a strike of her own, and if she couldn't strike, there was no way she could win. Percy, Hazel, Bobby, the Olive Twins (as Percy called them), and I were too afraid to cheer for Abby, fearing it would distract her.
CLANG. Sword met the daggers at a standstill, Abby and Sam leaning in face to face, using their weight behind their weapons.
"Give it up, new girl." Sam said sweetly, "I never lose."
"Then this is long over due!" Abby replied, fuming. "I don't plan on loosing to you, Barbie!"
"Barbie?" asked Sam, but was cut off by Abby slipping to the side, letting all of Sam's momentum and force carry her into the ground. Sam grinned and her eyes flashed, still on the ground.
"Nice try, new girl. Too bad it doesn't help." She leaped up and swung her sword around, and would have decapitated Abby if she hadn't rolled to the side. Abby backed away, which only made Sam grin more.
"You can run, but you can't hi-ide" she said in a sing-song voice. She charged again at Abby, but tripped on a rock. I could swear that the rock had just popped out of the ground, and I saw Abby make a weird, concentrating face. Could she have made the stone move?
Sam was getting up, but her smile wasn't as bright this time.
"You're really getting lucky, new girl. You're starting to make me look bad. I can't afford that."
Abby retorted "Well, bring it on if you think you can take it."
The crowd cheered. They charged at each other, blades swinging. This time, it was a little more balanced. They both were mad, now. -Funny,- I thought, --How anger can affect people so much in different ways. Sam gets mad, and she loses concentration. Abby gets mad, and she becomes stronger, more focused.-
The fighting was getting intense. Sparks were flying from their blades. Finally, one got the advantage. Unfortunately, it was Sam. She knocked Abby's daggers aside, and Abby fell to the ground.
"So, give up yet?" Sam asked, regaining some of her cool. She started to smile again.
"In your dreams." Abby said, defiant.
"Fine then." she raised her sword. I could tell she was aiming to injure, but Abby looked really frightened. She thought this was the end. Her face scrunched up, concentrating again.
"What's she doing?" Percy asked. I had no clue, but I wasn't going to let him know that. I remained silent, watching. Sam swung downward.
The sword clanged, and suck into the earth, straight through Abby's side. She screamed, but then looked down. She was transparent blue, the same color as her hair and eyes. The sword had gone through her, but hadn't touched her, like she was a gas. The crowd all stared at Abby. Abby and Sam looked at each other, then Abby gained some sense. She scrambled away, grabbed her daggers, and threw one. It hit Sam's sword, and they both were flung away. Abby ran up, and placed her other dagger under Sam's throat.
She smirked, and said, ironically, "So give up yet?"
After we celebrated Abby's victory, it was my turn. I was facing Dakota, the jerk who had gotten us into this fight. Bobby told us he was a Son of Mars, so he was a great fighter. They also told me he wasn't really a bad guy, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to shoot him in the butt. I entered a dark passage way that I assumed was the same way Abby went through. I had my bow, a quiver full of arrows, and a backup sword.
I emerged into the stadium. Dakota was at the other end of the stadium, holding a long imperial gold spear. His orange eyes gleamed.
"Ready to lose, Roberta?"
"It's Robin, jerk." I snarled.
"It's not my fault you are the reason Jason left."
"What?" I got really mad, "You honestly think it's my fault?"
"No, it's you AND your friends fault, that Prissy and Alley."
"PERCY AND ABBY!!!" I yelled, defensive of my friends. "That's it!"
I launched a volley of arrows at him. He dodged most of them, knocked a few away, but one grazed his arm. He snarled, and ran at me, spear forward. I jumped to the side, sending him into a wall. I sent a few more arrows at his face, but he dodged, and ran at me. He brought his spear in an upward curve. I jumped back, but not quickly enough. It sliced my bow in half.
"YOU MORON!" I yelled at him, "Look what you've done!"
He sneered, and said "I guess that means I win."
"Not by a long shot!" I snapped, and pulled out my sword.
We charged each other, and our weapons met, sparks flying. I was so mad at him, this jerk had put me into this situation, endangered my friends and me, and now, broke my favorite weapon. I felt power course through my body, my mind only thinking about sending him flying.
There was a flash of light, a major headache, and when I saw again, I saw that Dakota HAD been sent flying, hitting the wall. He was now on the ground, not dead or unconscious, but still, he won't be getting up soon. People stared at me. I was in complete shock. How could have I done that? Was that really me? Deep down, I knew it was, but I could try to deny it. For now.
Dakota was staggering up, but I put my sword to his throat.
"I win." I shoved away my fright and smiled at him coldly. He gritted his teeth at me, but it looked fake. He was really scared. A part of me that was off task thought -Wow, this tournament is turning into a power show. Abby turns into a ghost, and I blast a moron across the room. I wonder what Percy will do?-
My friends all came over to congratulate me.
"That was awesome!" Bobby said, "How did you do that?"
I shrugged. "No clue, something just came over me."
"Great, my friends get extraordinary powers, now everyone will expect me to lift a mountain." Percy joked.
"This isn't funny!" I yelled at Percy. Memories flooded my head, things in my life that went bad. Things I had tried to forget about, but my powers had reminded me of. Bad things.
"Sorry, Percy, I just-I need to go!" All sorts of emotions ran through me. I ran off, out of the Academy, into the woods.
big smile
It was awesome cant wait for next chapter awesome !!:)
Not to be mean or anything just a thought shouldn't Percy be a little more serious because of the memory lost just a thought great chapter btw!:)
smile
Thanks blakerose12! I know he should be more serious, but I think of him as only showing his humorous side to others, while he actually is worried about his memories.
laugh
It was great, can't wait for Percy's fight!
over a year ago daughterofTerra said…
omg luv your story! when do u post? im guessing abby's a daughter of hades and robin's a daughter of athena. im probably not right though
131newbee313
I get it thanks for clearing it up:)
big smile
OMG I love that chapter!!!! can't wait till you post again!!!

I think Abby is a daughter of a wind god, am I right???? and robin a daughter of Minerva, but her blasting Dakota away confused me I don't know how she would be able to blast someone away, can't wait to find out who their parents are!!!
Next chapter! This is a long one!

Chapter 8. Robin.

I felt bad about running away, especially since Percy's fight was starting. But I was feeling worse about my past. Awful memories, and my powers affecting them...At home with her father...
*Flashback*
Dad had once been a great scientist and doctor. People had said he would be the cure of cancer. He was successful, and happy. He lived in Medford, Oregon. Then he met mom. He was taken with her like no other girl in his entire life. My mom was smart and beautiful. Then, she left him, leaving him alone, heart-broken, with a daughter he didn't want. He stopped working, and started drinking. He hated me. For example, my seventh birthday.
My friends had a party put together in the park. It was great, and I went without telling my dad. He wouldn't care. When I got back, he had been drunk.
"Whe-where have you been, you li-little-" he stammered.
"I was at my birthday party." I had responded.
"Oh, oh, the precious princess's birthday party." Dad was tall and gangly, with blond hair that stuck straight up. He had chocolate brown eyes. When he hadn't been drinking, he looked like a happy scientist. But after some 'happy juice', he gained a potbelly, blood-shot eyes, and looked a lot less meek, and a lot more scary.
"Let me tell you some-something about your birthday," he had said. "You're birthday is when your mother left me. You know why she left us."
"Daddy, I'm sorry, please don't-" My eyes had been starting to tear up.
"It was YOU!" he had yelled. "She didn't want a daughter, and neither do I!"
I ran up stairs, sobbing into my hands. I ran into my room, and slammed the door. I fell on to my bed. Dad was right. It was my fault. Mom didn't want a daughter, and my dad couldn't focus on his work with me around. I hated myself. I had tried to help him, with money or with his drinking, but neither helped. He hated me.
Later, he sobered up, and tried to apologize, but I didn't buy it.
"Sweetie?" he had said through the door, "Look, I-I'm really sorry about what I said before-"
"Go away!" I screamed at him. "I know you hate me! Just leave me alone."
Thank God he did.
Another memory. When I was twelve. I had just completed a science fair project, an energy efficient TV. Small breeze could keep it charged for a half an hour. All my friends loved it. I got first place. It was great. Nothing can go wrong, right? WRONG.
The moment I got home, and Dad was already drunk. He was addicted, he would never stop.
"Wha-what's going on?! Where have you been?!" he grumbled.
But I wasn't gonna let today be bad. I wouldn't.
"Dad, look at what I made! It got first place at the science fair, all you need is a little wind and-"
"I. Don't. Care." he snarled. "It. Is. Pointless."
"But Dad-"
"SHUT UP!" he roared. I had never seen him this bad. "You're worthless!"
I started crying. He yelled, and threw a bottle of 'happy juice' at me. I flinched, and screamed "STOP!"
There was a flash of white light. When I opened my eyes, I saw the weirdest thing in my life.
The bottle was floating in midair, a gray light shining around it. My mind seemed open, thoughts flowing through it rapidly. My dad was also floating. He seemed to recover his wits, but it didn't stop his eyes from being the size of dinner plates.
He started, "Robin, I-"
"Save it!" I yelled, tears still flowing down my cheeks. "I can take a hint! You don't want me?! Well I'm LEAVING! FOREVER!" His bottle exploded in shards of glass, which fell to the floor. I ran out the door. I didn't have anything I wanted. I ran through the streets, pushing past people. I kept running and running and running. I reached us bus, and snuck on. It took me south, to North California. I got off in a small town near the ocean, hours later. I walked around looking at scenery, feeling a little better. But I was also starting to panic. What would I do now? I was so distracted by thoughts, I ran into a woman.
She was beautiful. She had blond, curly hair, and stormy gray eyes. She wore a blouse and jeans, and looked like she knew everything.
"Oh, I'm really sorry-" I stammered.
"Shush, my child." She said soothingly, "I know what you have been through. Here, take this."
She gave me a pamphlet, that read: Roosevelt Military Academy.
"Here, you will be safe. You will be close to your destiny, and you will learn both strength and knowledge."
"Thank you." I whispered, and like an idiot, I took it.
She spoke four words then, and their meaning I didn't comprehend until now: "Do not fear, daughter." And she disappeared.
*(End of flashback.)*
I remembered now. Whatever I'd done to Dakota was the same thing I did to Dad. I remembered also after that. I met Abby and Percy, and we had become friends. They had understood my sadness and pain. And Bobby came along in their third year, and we had become inseparable. But now...Percy had forgotten all of that. -Was any of that even real?- I wondered.
I was jerked back to reality by a silver light, followed by a strong voice.
"Do not fear, child. Though Percy was added to your memories, all the rest were real."
A small girl approached me. She had auburn hair in a ponytail, and eyes like the moon. I know most people wouldn't be afraid of a twelve year old, but she radiated power. Besides, I wasn't most people.
"Umm...Thank you? Wait, who are you?"
The girl smiled. "Straight to the point, huh? Very well, I am Diana, Goddess of the Moon and Hunt."
My jaw fell open. I was about to say something intelligent, like 'Gods don't exist', when she spoke again.
"Yes, I know you believe in logic, but we ARE real." And to prove it, she snapped her fingers, and suddenly, I shrunk. My insides felt gross, like they were being twisted. I grew fur and horns. The girl towered above me. She brought down a mirror, and in the reflection, saw a bunny rabbit with horns.
"A jackalope," the goddess (Yes, being transformed into Thumper make you believe.) said with satisfaction. "I really love jakalopes." She snapped her fingers again, and everything reversed. I was back into my wonderful human self. My jaw was still open wide. Monsters are one thing. But GODS.
"This is all real. All of this. Real."
"I know," Diana said with sympathy, "It is hard to take it all in. But it is real."
Suddenly, I thought about her visiting me. That couldn't be good.
"And why are you here with me?"
She smiled again. "To offer you an opportunity."
"So let me get this straight. You're saying if I GIVE UP romance, I can become immortal, fighting by your side with other girls until a monster gets a lucky hit?"
"That's the Hunters of Diana in a nutshell. Except you still can see your friends here, like Abby or Percy."
"I'll do it!" I said happily. This was it. No more seeing Dad, no more pain, a new family.
"Repeat after me." She said...
Now I was a Hunter. I was outfitted in silvery clothes, and was given a new bow and knife.
"Before you go" Diana continued, "I must tell you something."
"What would that be?"
"There will be a quest soon. You must go. You will be traveling with your friends, and your skills are needed to save them."
"Okay."
"And more importantly, you must trust Perseus."
"You seem fine talking about him, a BOY. What's up with that?"
She sighed. "In previous years, Percy has come greatly through for me and the gods. He is the one man I respect. Dare I say, am fond of?"
I smirked.
"You will meet more Hunters soon. And one more gift."
A snowy white wolf came bounding up, saw us, and barked happily.
"This is Buster. His name implies a lot. (I repressed a smile.) He is yours. He can travel with you, fight with you, and guard a campsite. Treat him well."
Buster barked and licked my hand.
I bowed to Diana, and said "Thank you Lady Diana, for everything."
She winked. "See you soon, Hunter." She disappeared in a column of moonlight. The second goddess I've meet in my life. I smiled at Buster, got him to follow me, and walked back to the Academy.

Buster:
 다음 chapter! This is a long one! Chapter 8. Robin. I felt bad about running away, especially
laugh
I like it, but we are gonna get to see Percy fight right? I'm just kInda confused, but I never really understood the whole huntress thing anyway.
smile
Percy will fight in the next chapter. I just wanted to make it first-person, and give a chance to tell Robin's past.
big smile
Ggrrreeeaattt chappie can't wait for the next chappie so good cant wait for or us fight !!!:)
laugh
Buster looks soooo CUTE!

Like how you translated the battle scene into words...keep writing!

over a year ago underwater said…
laugh
great now i want to see how percy's doing!!!
over a year ago TheRedQueen said…
Yay!! You posted!! WOW it's magnificient!!!! love it.
Here is my fanfic if you wanna read it

link

Thnx Keep on writing!!!!
smile
Chapter 9. Percy.
(Earlier)
I stared as Robin ran away. I felt awful, but I didn't even know what I did.
"Am I really THAT annoying?" I muttered, not even realizing I said it out loud.
"I didn't think so," Abby replied, and we exchanged glances. "You can't afford to worry about it now, you have a fight with...uh, who are you fighting."
The Olive Twins grinned at me. "Gwen. Sister and Trainee of Jason, and Daughter of Jupiter."
I emerged from a passage into the stadium, gladius in hand. The crowds were going insane, yelling and cheering. Gwen was really going to be a tough enemy if people were this excited about her fight. I saw Bobby, Abby, and the Twins smile, give me thumbs up, or and other encouraging gestures.
A girl walked through the doors opposite of me. I looked closely, then ran up to her. It was Robin.
"Hey Robin," I grinned at her, then noticed something wrong. Her eyes, instead of steely gray, were electric blue, and sent shivers down my back.
"Uh, Robin, what happened to your-"
I yelled and ducked as a giant lightning bolt sailed over my head.
"New kid!" she yelled, her gladius sparking with electricity. "I don't like people getting my name wrong. It's not Robin, it's GWEN!"
Wow. This place sure has a lot of twins, huh?
"Uh, okay." I said sheepishly. "Sorry. Wait, you're Gwen?" I pointed my gladius at her.
She yelled, and slammed her sword against mine with such a force, my gladius went flying across the stadium, and I stumbled back a couple feet.
"Look, newbee, just because you're cute or other people are merciful doesn't mean I am." Her words got comprehended by my brain, and I grinned.
"Wait, what did you call me?"
She turned red, then sent another bolt of electricity at me. I rolled away, getting pretty damn dusty. I jumped back up, and Gwen yelled, "Time to die!"
The battle that followed was embarrassing. Without my gladius, I had no way of getting near her, so I spent ten minutes dodging her lightning. Luckily, I had good instincts. I ducked and weaved my way around her, trying to get to my gladius. But she knew what I wanted, and got in my way.
A sizzling hot bolt blasted past me, tearing my pocket in half, but missing me. A pen fell out, so I picked it up.
Gwen laughed, "A pen?! What on Earth would you use a PEN for?!" I glared at her, and had the urge to uncap the pen. Somehow, I knew if I did, she would really regret it. I put my hand on the cap, when a strong, booming voice, that I knew must belong to my father echoed in my head.
-Do not uncap Riptide yet,- he spoke, -No one can be allowed to see it, and what it represents.-
Okay, than what can I do? I need my gladius. Then I remembered how Gwen had described me earlier, and a half-baked idea formed in my head (and a part of me off-task wondered who's idea it was to make the term 'half-baked').
Responding to her query about the pen, I said, "Why, I was hoping to get your phone number written down, but after what you did to my jeans," I jokingly nodded with disapproval, "I think I've changed my mind."
I heard laughter, and Gwen turned scarlet. Using her distraction to my advantage, I ran past her, and grabbed my sword.
She realized her mistake, and before I could get close, she had charged her sword full of voltage, and aimed it at me. "Give it up, kid. It was a nice try, but you're in over your head." she snarled. I was going to surrender, I didn't want to eat voltage*. But then, my father spoke in my head again, some advice that turned my smile into a wolfish grin.
"Eh, what do I care if you electrocute me? Go right ahead."
She smirked. Instead of responding, she sent a massive blast of electricity, that was aiming right for my chest. But I had my own tricks. I concentrated, and a blue aura surrounded me. Then the lightning hit.
It surged all around my body, through every muscle and vein. But I grinned.
Everyone was staring at me in shock. How was this guy not being blasted away? I answered their unasked question.
"You ever try electrocuting water, Gwen? Sure, it sparks around through every inch for a while. But then, it loses its juice, and all that's left is the water, unharmed. And right now, it's the same for me!"
I quickly charged forward and launched a swipe at her. She barely realized what was happening, and blocked my sword just in time. We were face to face now.
I grinned and said, "The odds just evened out a little, huh?"
She growled. I was really getting under her skin.
And the real battle begun. We fought like demons.
She had this rapid-strike style, that I quickly learned, and blocked. She was all offense, just like Dakota or Sam. That must be the style here.
I blocked, then returned my own strikes. Jab, swing, backhand, uppercut, block. All my moves mixed together with grace, each one leading into another. Sparks were flying from the collisions. I was feeling great. It all came to me so naturally. Gwen was doing worse. She looked startled that I could fight back, and was sweating. She also occasionally made a concentrating face, trying to get some lightning. But I kept going, and she didn't get a chance. Not that her voltage would do anything Each of my strikes weakened my hold on her gladius. She was tiring. Finally, I slammed my blade against hers, and it went flying away. I held my sword to her throat.
"Ready to surrender?"
She looked stunned, then did something that surprised me. She smiled.
"Great job, Percy! No one I've ever met would have stood up to me like that. You'll do great here."
I stared blankly at her.
As she walked past me to get her lost sword, she whispered in my ear, "I hope you were just joking about the phone number part. You don't tend to meet guys who can fight AND are good-looking."
Hoping, I wasn't blushing, I looked at her.
"You don't really take after Jupiter, do you?" She grinned.
"Nope. Later, Jackson."
I walked out of the arena, where I was greeted by my friends, Abby, Bobby, Hazel, and the Olive Twins. They all were cheering about my victory.
"Percy! That was amazing! No one but Jason or Reyna has ever beaten Gwen!" Oliver said excitedly.
"That was awesome, how did you know you can't be electrocuted?" Hazel asked curiously.
I was still kind of red from my chat with Gwen, along with all their praise, but I managed to speak.
"It was really weird, I just heard a voice in my head that told me how I was like the water in that way."
"A voice?" Bobby asked, "It probably was your godly parent! Was it male or female?"
"Definitely male."
They thought about that.
"I would think that means Neptune, but that would be impossible." Olivia said nervously. "We would have known about a Son of Neptune. There are a lot of minor river gods, you're probably one of their children."
Abby cleared her throat. "We can focus on our parentage later, I'm starving."
My stomach growled as I realized I was too. Everyone grinned at that, and Bobby gestured to follow him. We made our way to a bunch of tables, where other soldiers were gathering, sitting down in groups.
"This is the dining hall. Sit wherever you want." That sounded good to me, so our group sat down at a center table. Robin appeared from the main gates and sat next to me..
"Robin, what happened? I'm really sorry about what I said-" I began.
She smiled, and gave me a look that said 'later'. She looked different. She was surrounded by a silvery glow. I wondered if it was more of her powers. She was also followed by a wolf, who she reached down to pet occasionally. I would ask about that later.
I was interrupted by my thoughts by another wolf appearing on a rock, towering above the rest of us. She had chocolate red fur and silver eyes. All the warriors bowed their heads, so I did too. I whispered to Bobby, "Why are we bowing to a wolf."
He whispered back, "Because, that's the Goddess of Wolves. Mother of Rome. Lupa, the Queen of the Wolves."

*Tee-hee! :) Lost Hero quote.

Comments are appreciated! :)

Pery's gladius:
 Chapter 9. Percy. (Earlier) I stared as Robin ran away. I felt awful, but I didn't even know what
heart
WOW! Love the battle. Poseidon talking in Percy's head-Genius!

over a year ago percyrulz said…
when will percy use riptide i really loved that sword