올림푸스의 영웅들 The New York Blockade

Spikegilfer1997 posted on Oct 19, 2012 at 03:17AM
Rating: Teen
Main Character's: Varric McKai, Will Solace, James, Alex, Nyssa, Octavian, Dawn, Spencer.
Summary: Set some time within MOA a bus of Greek Demigod's is sent to New York to halt the oncoming Roman invasion. This does not go as planned needless to say, within the Greek force there is a split on whether or not they are there to Defeat or decimate, as tensions run high and resources run thin the hand may be forced and the earth mother shall watch from the battle scarred earth as the most crucible piece of her plan tumbles into her hands.
Varric Makai is a native American Mohawk son of Ares, who's favoured weapon's are twin tomahawk's that are located around his belt, long slender sabre's, bow and arrow and a black broad sword on his back. Broadsword is behind the quiver of the bow which contains a almost septer like object that morph's into a bow, unto top of that are the slender sabre's. If you're fairly perceptive you'd notice that pull out all that gear in a pinch would be a nightmare, so the weapon's are dreamstate, only connecting with other equipment when consciously asked to. A master of guerilla warfare and combat this son of Ares is more thoughtful then most and is quite like a son of Mars in some areas. A shamanistic warrior, we join this adventure as it begin's just outside the city on a bus ready to intercept the Legion.
Event Prelude
Varric POV
"Oi," said a flat almost irritated voice "Wake up." My eye's snapped open, I sat arm's and leg's crossed staring at the floor before dragging my head over to look at Will Solace with a stern look on his face. {Being Apollo's son (Son not sun) that didn't happen a lot I noted} He and I stood and he went to shake awake more camper's while I made my way to the front of the bus to run down the general plan briefly.
"Alright, we've gone over specific's so James you and your squad head up the skyscraper's, Edward and Alex you scout around or flank's and make su-" That's as far as I got before and explosion interupted me. Everything tilted to the left and we went weightless.
Lovely wake up call right?
We landed in a twisted metal frame everyone moaning of general bruises and a green mist clouding the frame in sync with the black spot's in my own vision. I slapped my mask on and pulled up my hood, an explosion to the left, Will made a exit with a explosive tipped arrow. Shaken but other then that fine everyone charged the exit slashing with weapon's to make it wider. The frame exploded behind us everyone went flying again like some poorly directed action film. What follow's in not my fault, I did NOT when to go full force pelting into a tree and be accused of making out with a dryad sometimes life just screw's with me.
So yeah that happened.
For a moment I lost vision and when it was back again projectiles flew in huge number's over my head, Demigod's where retreating into the tree line caring knocked out companion's and several monster's making an offensive.
The Hydra responsible for the green mist, a automaton dragon responsible for our broken transport, a swarm of man eating birds, the list grew every moment and I staggered onto the frontline clearing my head and drawing my blade's. My stagger turned into a run and I charged at the hydra as my run turned into a glide when the black wing's sprouted from my back. In a dazzling barrage of flaming blade's the hydra lost four of it's seven head's. The bird's swarmed closer, they where covered in flame before I got there.
"Got you covered.................. mostly." yelled Will, only he didn't have me covered that single effort left him drained.
"Just hold them off it's all we nee-" Three Hydra head's knawing on your armor tends to interupt your train of thought, sorry. Didn't like the smelly breath, didn't like the acid drool, didn't like the whole damned lizard. I blindly cut off a head. (Yes I know, since there was no flame on my blade it would just make the problem worse but it'd give me so breathing room once I got the one who's mouth I could the inside of anyways) I slipped into spirit form for a brief moment to free myself, I drew my broadsword and put a dangerous amount of energy in the blade and sunk it into the main body. It blew into chunk's, how many? I don't know, was to busy trying to figure out how to see again. Will ran over and smacked my shoulder, with a grin I could now see on his face.
"Not bad!"
"What happened to 'I got you covered?'"
"Hey! I was occupied with other things!"
"Like what?" He gestured around.
"Pick any pile of monster slime you see here, while you were playing dentist to a lizard I did the real work."
"You should be disqualified for picking on the small fries!" He began to respond but the frowned like he forgot something.
"Varric?"
"Yeah?" I said dragging the word uneasily.
"Where is the dragon frame?" I opened my mouth but pouted.
"Didn't yo-"
"No."
"So wh-"
The roar helped, like all the power tools in the world thrown into a blender.
Will looked up horrified I glanced over my shoulder and saw a comet of white flame's flying toward us in front of the beast, who was following it like it was his favorite baseball. Will whipped his hand to his right and the ball diverted path sharply.
The thing is, even after that and using a fair chunk if not all of our supernatural power we didn't feel tired until we ran into the forest yelling like little kids for a good ten minute's. Not being able to fly during this kinda sucked, probably improved my dodgeball skills though not often do you have to dodge balls the speed of machine RPG's fired like minigun rounds. Dyrad's were not happy, don't know how they even survived but the care free mind seemed to have died for them. Or so the pincecones to the face told me. By the time we made it to the makeshift camp, we probably looked like shadow's and sounded like out of shape shadow's. Soot became like wax for our armor, only sufficently less shiny. Everyone regarded us fairly calm, saying "Hey." like we were meeting for lunch or something.
"So that's where the dragon went!" said James.
"Oh gee......." Started Will.
"YA THINK?!" Exclaimed myself. The son of Athena simply whistled.
"Well," He started off. "Makes sense, even with all our groggy fighter's it couldn't have lasted to long against us."
"Yeah well give me some R and R then we'll see who get's the last laugh between me and that flying ADHD magnet."
That's the thing about me if I see a huge monster I tend to like to pick fight's with it, probably the most "Ares-like" thing about me.
"Ain't got time to give you a scented bath princess," Remarked James. "We're already behind schedule." I sighed and we moved out to hold New York against a force at least ten times bigger then our's unwittingly walking into one of Gaea's biggest traps yet.

Event start: Page 1
Day-1: Page 1
Day-2: Page 1
Day-3: Page 1
Day-4: Page 1
Day-5: Page 1
Day-6: Page 1
COMMENT DAMN YOU!! Feel free to post a link to your own stuff here, I will not reject the free will and speech on anyone. My values are who I am, therefore even if you are my polar opposite I will not judge you your thoughts yes. But I don't believe in vendetta's.
Here is a description of the main three characters, Varric, Dawn and Spencer.
link
P.S I feel kinda awkward about the addition of Automaton Knightmare Frame's.
last edited on Oct 29, 2012 at 03:20AM

올림푸스의 영웅들 18 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Spikegilfer1997 said…
Event start
Varric POV
Of all the things I don't like about modern America New york is not one of them. Walk down a street with fifty heavily armed kid's carrying banner's of truce and no one looks at you like your more then a protest group going for lunch. Romans however saw on in there car's and several of them jumped out the doors at us at full speed. Parrying a big stocky dude with eye's that didn't match up and what appear's to be bad sun burn or something around his mouth is kind of my definition of fun. I'm a special boy right? Anyhow the mortal's cleared right off, maybe they though we were over loyal star war's fan's or something but several block's went quite excluding the twing of metal. I kicked the sun vampire back and sheathed my blades.
"Everyone calm! We just have so explaining to do, okay? So put down the swords!" I can be nice when I need to be as you can see.
"Ha," yelled a Scrawny blond guy "These Greek's betrayed our hospitality and kidnapped our Praetor!" There was general grumble of agreement. I'd heard about this "Kidnapping" Reyna agreed to become one of the Twelve with her sister Thalia, Markus, Arik and the rest, along with the rest of the crew that was Roman.
"Hi, uh could you direct to your leader?'
"Filthy Greek! I am Octavian de in Romanum Praetoria! Perhaps you have heard of me?"
"Octavian of the Roman Praetor's?" (You have no idea how hard it was to instantly click that from Latin to English) "I never thought I'd meet you face to face."
"You think me a coward? Says the Greek who's lea-"
"No,no,no! I just imagined you'd be commanding your force's to destroy us, you grace us with your level headed-ness." If he wanted to play word game's I could as well
"Very well," He grumbled noticing my adaption. "Speak then."
"Look your Praetor-ness, we didn't intend to attack new Rome! Agent's of the earth moth-"
"Blaming your collaborator?" My tone barely keep calm.
"We have no connection to the Earth Mother, she controlled three people with Eidolon's. One of them was Leo Valdez, the creator of the Argo ll you witnessed his change yourself Praetor Octavian."
"Oh," He said sarcasticly. "So 'the voice's in my head made me do it'? Seriously? Gree-"
"I'll admit it's hard to believe but why would we attack new Rome? It'd have no point other then to give into some stupid pride." Romans started to grumble, some of them had joined the crew of the Argo ll, not all member's of the twelve but still that made them unsure.
"Still, even if you weren't responsible for that Rome destroyed. Your people came in a war-ship, why not leave that just outside of the camp? Besides that your people are now outlaw's headed to the home land."
"It's neccessary for this plan, we can't just sit here while Gaea raise's an army of giant's in Rome." There was nothing he could say at this point really to stop the peace being made.
He didn't have to.
Suddenly a crash sound came from my left. Statues made by Dadaelus charged at us.
"For Greece." They yelled charging the Roman's with giant weapons. Automatons of many different animals that looked brand spanking new.
"You traitor!!" Roared Octavian. I was shocked, I knew nothing of this.
"This is a mi-"
"Liar!!" He roared charging me with a dagger, I broke his nose and tossed him to the Roman's and they quickly got moving. So organized they where gone in ten seconds. Out of site within twenty. A roar echoed through (The same as before) out the city, four automaton dragon's one from earlier three more I didn't know all black and red like molten hatred flew down the highway and landed in front of us. The one from before was in the front and regarded me with will a chuckle in that mildly amused way in that language of whirring gear's.
"Greetings son of Ares, your attempt to make friends not working out? You are a fool! We shall make the city of the god's your prison! You will not be able to leave nor will the Roman until this city falls into the abyss!" I was so angry I could barely speak.
"You... will ..... die........ painfully." It chuckled again.
"You'll know what it is like to fail utterly, this battle will split the gods from themselves and remove them from the fray, with that you can not defeat the giant's. We win." I snarled and launched myself at them but they disappeared in a black mist.
"That's why they let us go before, to trap the Roman's aswell. The god's and the demigod's forced decimated before the real battle begin's." I was lead into a trap that would shatter the world. Gaea's Wisdom was unmatched by any, everywhere at once. She'd pined all in seperate corner's unable to help each other, we had to make peace with people that thought we'd tried to commit genocide upon their people twice. It was impossible, it was only a matter of time until the earth swallowed us whole.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago GamingWarrior said…
surprise
Omg! Post now! Plz!
On it! So it's not gonna be a chapter thing it's gonna be like a war journal that goes by day, like a update thing that will get in depth when conflict happens.
Day 1
Varric POV
Things quickly escalated, James tells me that the mortal's think there's some kind of terrorist attack and so we've been sectioned off in a area of the city where only police roam. Instantly hostile because anyone who was here before was moved. Swat comes in raids, no match for demigod stealth but ensure's that no one stays still. We have to take our supplies and run, keeping in contact via technology, which attracts monsters until Nyssa can work on a counter measure we get scattered more and more. Furthermore a small section of the nation's forces are also doing raids in automatons that look like a Human melded with a tank, armed with SMG's. Each one is about fifteen feet tall made of steel, they have all our agility and climbing prowess with these grapple like weapons they have. We've defeated a few in the short time today, the steel no match for demigod metals, however there is a large section stick out of there back where they presumably pilot that is ejected when the damage is critical. Nyssa is working on these also, speedly trying to create our own but it's likely we won't see the first before the end of the week unless we can capture one intact for study. Will reports that the Roman's have already taken over a work shop and with their superior supplies and number's we have likely a maximum of three days before they have Automaton's of there own. We have our choice of equipment for now but as the war drag's on our supplies selection will go down, our unity will crumble until it's simply a free for all. The Romans force numbers several hundred people and so to keep them prepared Octavian is taking in supplies at all times forcing us to scavenge. James believe's Gaea has control of the Automaton's because instead of three taking Eidolons over one of the twelve like we previously thought it was four, one for Annabeth as well that had control of the statues. Using Annabeth's intellect it found a way around Piper's incantation, she never said that they need hold their hand up for long or how high. Thus everything after that didn't effect the one, so it feel into Tartarus with Markus, Arik, Hylla, Thalia and Percy. I've made contact with Arik from the Abyss of his father but only the once, he stressed how we mustn't strike the Romans or all is lost. He reports that giants of the minor gods are popping up as well, making a true army of them. Tartarus has been split in two, the part of him that split from his mind and walked the earth and fathered a child with Nemesis and the other who is loyal to Gaea and fathered these new giants. When I told him of these Automaton dragons he said theoretically that the one left Annabeth to free the other three and thus Annabeth is fine. The animal Automatons have been scarce as it'd be hard to explain to the mortals. Security has been tiered from our position, we'd make it through three or four lines but never farther. We've been locked down utterly and completely it's a masterful move that has us checked. I've ordered that everyone record there thoughts to keep a sane point of mind. It will do nothing to raise the morale that went to Tartarus with six of the twelve. We have no chance of reinforcement's, all of these things alone would not be much of a problem but together they eventually break you. This is Varric MaKai signing off.
P.S I love comments of any kind
over a year ago GamingWarrior said…
big smile
It was awesome! POST NOW!
I'll stop procrastinating then.
Day-2
Varric POV
After shifting location's twelve times before noon Will decided to make a funny by asking us all in Greek to meet at Dylan's Candy shop by shaping the letters in the sky with a brief flash of Greek text. This is hilarious because we all speak it so fluently it took roughly three seconds to translate it, anyone who would speak Greek in New York is likely in a shelter and finally the Romans would see it know what language it is but not be able to translate it. That is something the boosted our morale from saw blade to the wrist to a night of Leo on a keg of syrup. (If you have not seen that you have missed out) Any monsters that we're on sentry likely were as bright as the minotaur so they probably went to the huge amount of walkie talkies James left on. (To go off in a hour lest anyone call him wasteful for some reason he get's a kick out of tricking things with the intellect of a internet spammer I.E a ten year old) After taping Connor and Travis's tapeing to a table (So they didn't "Evaluate" the stock) we started the meeting.
"Alright order, order, quit fidgeting with the tape, Connor. We are here to build a plan for the future-"
"And kill Romans!" Roared Clarisse, I shot her a muderous glare that stilled the air in the room and stole the confidence from her voice. She may have killed a Drakon but something about me puts her off, uneasy. That lovely brother-sister moment aside I cleared my throat.
"Nyssa, any updates on the frames?"
"No." She muttered with a sudden interest for the ground. "Nothing new."
"Will, anything to report?"
"The army and the police are working on there own accord, we're working on scoping out the abilties of the Eidolon Automaton Dragons. They're equiped with a shield that surrounds them completely, a spear tip tail that fires a destructive beam that can shread asphalt like a hot knife through butter, also it's blue."
"Wonderful anything else?"
"No Romans have died, likely the weakened doors of death to thanks for that. Multiple incidents with the armed forces already it destroyed their copies of the Automaton Humanoid Tanks, even though that has happened by Nyssa's estimation they'll still get them two or three days earlier then ourselves. They're scattered into four major groups one of them is small enough for us to take."
"That option isn't on the table." I muttered.
"Can my hands also not be on the table?" Questioned Connor.
"Me too!" Said Travis following suit. A blade hidden in my bracer popped up and I detached it and severed the tape.
"Well," Connor said rubbing his wrist "That is one of a thousand knives you likely have that I now know about." I ignored him.
"Alex terrain?" The son of Demeter sighed.
"The Romans have many of the workshops in this section of the city, they have been split as Will said but that only means they can multi-task. We simply can't go up against five hundred Romans." James piped up.
"So we're pretty much still screwed?"
"No, we can find a way out, but it'll require effort. They've made a mistake in giving some of those things-"
"Can we call them Mechs already? It's ovibous what they are!" Muttered James. Some muttered in agreement, some muttered nerd.
"Personally I prefere the term Knightmare-Frame, but whatever. Mortal forces don't have a direct line to Gaea's force's and thus a opening. What I suggest is this, a small group infiltrates the army and remove a core and we'll have our own roughly at the same time the Romans do if we can secure a work shop."
There was a brief silence.
"Sooooooooo.........," Prompted Connor. "Black ops?" I sighed.
"Yes Connor, Black ops and no you're not coming because you and Travis are as stealthy as water buffalo to quote Percy."
"Hey!" Yelled Travis.
"So," Said James "Ovibously you. But who else?"
There was a sound of breaking glass in the front of the store, we all rushed to the front of the store. (CaT only stopping three times for something to eat.) There we saw two people clearly Demigods both in hoods both in hood's and similar gear to my own. One was a 5'10 guy with mace's on his back and the rest a similar loadout to myself, as did the 5'8 female figure with scimitar's on her back.
"Hey." Said the male figure casually with a accent that seemed to come from the American-Canadian border, so elongated vowels. "I'm Spencer Belle son of Vulcan." The girl spoke up.
"Dawn Hudson, daughter of Cybele." We stared at them from up a set of stairs, some one the rails to the side of them.
"Varric McKai," I offered walking down the stairs. "Are you trained in stealth?"
They nodded.
"Excellent let's move at midnight."
"What?!" Roared Clarisse. "You trust these-"
"These what?!" I snapped. "If you aren't willing to serve camp half blood in this manner go join the Automatons!" She had a reply in her throat but apparently didn't think "I murder your face!!" was going to achieve much.
"Fine." She snarled and went to the back of the store.
So now that is written down we'll be moving in a few hours under the cover of darkness. Fortunately midnight counts as tommorrow and thus I can sign off. If you're reading this as a story after the fact this might seem like a cliffhanger a lot like the senior scribe's and for that I'm sorry but it's sleepy time now. This is Varric McKai signing off.
Day-3
Varric POV
Ever woken up to a burlap sack of fresh produce on your face? I don't think I have but Alex has told me that I've eaten everything in the sack and the bottom before, never saw the evidence but his expression was solemn. Anywho Will woke me up at midnight by smashing my face with a two and a half foot wide three and a half foot tall bag of that and a toothbrush, telling me off with a motherly tone that "You'll need less junk food and more healthy food to outwit the national gun jockies!!" or something like that, I realized I'd been presented with food and stopped listening and started noming. Ever see one of those cartoons in which a character eats a entire city worth of food in seconds? I'm also told I look like that, out of the corner of my eye Dawn and Spencer looked horrified between ducking banana peels and the like. Connor and Travis backed up with a partially impressed look on they're face in between bites of they're creation of cereal (Jelly bears wrapped in cotton candy put in a bowl and "Milked" with soda, something that would not impress Demeter) they took tenative steps back. Spencer had short dirty blond hair and blue eyes and Dawn had tied back black hair and lovely hazel eyes- I punched myself across the face to interrupt my train of thought, they both looked perplexed but the Camp Half-Blood members chuckled knowingly having long ago figured out this tell. That possible love triangle aside, (The fates are channeling senior scribe right now) I learned that Spencer was indeed from the Rockies more or less and Dawn travelled a lot. (As in CJ was the cloest to a base she had) They'd both believed in the plan that Markus (Son of Jupiter) and Arik (Son of Nemesis and a mortal form of Tartarus who had gone to CJ after making a appearance in the freeing of Hera quest, Thalia had NOT been happy about him leaving her for three months and his face paid dearly for it) had for destroying the giants. They also revealed that many within the Roman ranks felt the same way and others could be convinced but it'd take something big. Clarisse pointed out that Romans respect power, this time the idea was as unyeildy as before.
At around 1:15 A.M (Because Will didn't want us getting tummy aches, seriously) we moved Will Alex having told us where the main military base was. The outside of the main building was shaped like a curling rinks outside would be, there was three lines of knightmares moving constantly around the fence that was roughly one hundred and fifty feet, twenty five feet longer then the main building on either side. Tanks parked on every part of the fence inside except a fifteen foot wide enterance to west. Various things scurried across the perimeter like ants from atop our building several hundred feet up.
"A very logical deployment." Said I.
"Although logical....... continued Spencer.
"Also predictable." Finished Dawn.
"They've prepared heartly against attacks from the outside, AA guns and all now that I focus. But from the inside it'd be far to easy. Spencer, can
you mess with the vvith the vehicles from here?"
"Childsplay." He grinned and waved his hand, his face shifted with effort but in only a moment there was chaos, the words "Friendly Fire!!"
"You didn-" I started.
"No, they're fine," He sighed what kind of barbarian do you think I am Greek? Just a bunch of chaos and a broken body detecter, we can fly in now."
I didn't explain the whole wing thing did I?
Well back in the battle for Olympus a year or so ago Arik discovered that he was like a conduit for abilities and thus anyone could teach him a special skill and then he could teach that to anyone. One of those abilties was the wing thing, evidently he taught it to the Romans as well, either that or Markus taught them before. I slipped into spirit form and posesseed a soldier, I knocked out two others and in the confusion slipped out of sight behind a busted tank. Spencer and Dawn descended to this hidden position and we got our uniforms more or less. Thankfully another abilty we knew was to summon weapons and armor and dismiss them, so a fluid experience more or less, although Dawn accused me of being a peeping Tom and then threatened me with death.
"Jeez," I quiped. "Is your last name Hudson because your a cold as the bay in the winter?"
"How do you know that?" She hissed, evidently surprised.
"Oh seriosuly thats real-"
Spencer smacked us both in the side of the head. I thanked him.
"Sometimes I wonder if Romans are less ADHD then Greeks." Spencer looked surprised.
"Have you not heard of Dakota?" He asked.
"Assumably not the states, but yeah you mean the guy with sunburn around his lips really bad?"
"Dude thats kool-aid."
"No wa- we're distracted again." Dawn rolled up the sleeves on her military fatigue's.
"You think?" She questioned cynically.
"Dang, you must have frozen over Jack and Rose from Titanic you're so cold."
"They're fictional."
"You're fictional!"
We both got clubbed on the head again.
"Fine, fine we'll get going." I sighed.
First thing I noticed, Spencer really went all out on the chaos, essientally a hurricane went through the base throwing black paint and the smell of burn things everywhere. You can infer a lot from there and you'll be basically correct. Everyone was to busy shaking bullet casings out of there pants or whatever they didn't have time to notice us.
"I blame Gaea, Republicans and Octavian in that order." I muttered.
"Wait, Republican's? Why?" Asked Dawn.
"Something I'm sure."
The best way to describe her face was "Flabbergasted."
"Hold up," Said Spencer. "Why are Republican's more of problem then Octavian?"
"Because Octavian can be reasoned with." They laughed, Dawn if only for how wrong she thought I was. A Soldier ran towards us.
"What are you kids do-" I interrupted him with piercing eye contact.
"Hand over your access codes." He did as I asked. Spencer was confused.
"How did you......?"
"A trick I learned from the Aphrodite and Hecate cabins, a eye charm fused with charm speak. More powerful then charmspeak can bend wills utterly just need eye contact. Dangerous though so used hesitantly, didn't someone teach you it?"
They shook their heads.
I snorted.
Spencer had to hold Dawn back.
"Anywho, we should get going.......... wait why-" I started
"Figured you'd ask sooner or later, we didn't just scavenge from the busted frames because there's prototype core in the center of the base." Smirked Spencer.
"You call them frames as well?"
"It's shorter then 'Automaton Humanoid Tanks' isn't it?"
"Agreed."
We actually made or way in at that point. It was definitely not a curling rink. It had nineteen 70's sci-fi written all over it. Or perhaps a better example is Tom Clancy's imagination, Iunno. We got to a point with those access cards but he wasn't much higher rank then who I took out So Dawn and I guarded a door while Spencer worked on the doors.
"So," I prompted Dawn "You and Spe-"
"No."
"Oh that's cool, that's cool. Abrupt answer though, asked that a lot?"
"Yes."
"Am I going to have to threaten you with Chinese fire crackers to get you to answer with more then one word."
"Maybe." She snorted.
I reached for my pockets.
"You wouldn't!"
"You underestimate the Greek my dear lady."
"Fine, fine!" So easy to fool.
"Regale me with Ballads of your epic adeventure's!"
"You're wierd you know that?"
"And you're normal, how sad."
"I wouldn't say that, Arik is the only one I know of with a similar background to myself."
"So you're one of those world explorer kids who was traveling before they could remember? Mako Drake is more or less the same."
"Maximillian Drake the action flick dude is a demigod?"
"Nah, Mako is his son though, him and Hecate. He acts a fair bit like Leo Valdez if you say him, before the Eidolons made him blow up New Rome that it."
"You act the same way, well here in the middle of military vase you do, but with the Greeks you were so serious. Why?"
"As much as I love those guys, they're not soldiers. If someone isn't acting like a babysitter they might lose the military mindset."
"So you wish they were more Romans?" She smirked.
"Maybe." I admitted. "Hey this conversation was supposed you!"
"I'm just that good!" Her smirk getting wider.
"Well better then a girl who by writes should have the social skills of a pissed grizzly."
"Careful or I might go honey badger on you!"
"Dually noted pitbull."
"Got it!" I heard Spencer yell.
"Come on," She said still grinning. "Get all your jokes out or the Greeks will turn into a circus when you return." I sighed and followed her. She wasn't as bad as she let on, sizeable progress was made, not much but still considering who I'm talking about I'd say it's a success. We walked into the master control room. I whistled appreciatively.
"We got Eagleeye in here huh?"
"Eagleeye?" Questioned Dawn.
"Don't Roman's go to the movies? Well Hermit Crab, Eagleeye was average action-ish flick from a few years ago with that girl from the transformers movies."
"Megan Fox?"
"Shia Labeouf." Spencer frowned and tried to speak.
"That's no-"
"Don't ruin it! I exclaimed.
There were three screens infront of me the middle on bigger then the side ones and a heavy duty keyboard I suppose. Any way the middle one cracked and there was giant needle shaped projectile rolling on the floor. I whipped around and saw thre manticores in shredded military fatigues. I streched casually.
"'bout bloody time!" I yelled and reached my hands into the air to summon my sabre's.
It didn't work.
I laughed nervously and held out my hands. We all yelled at once.
"Scatter!!"
We all ducked under a into these star war's esk tech trenchs to either side of the main walk way to the computer Spencer and I in the same little sub level he kicked a screen on the wall that walkway was on sending a electrical wall of in little piece's everywhere around the room. That did about as much damage as good. Most demigods blow up tech whenever the touch it when they aren't careful, Spencer blows things up in a good way. All of us leaped unto one of them, apparently we all had the same idea because it went to Tartarus in a mix of fire and dust. The noise was no doubt attracting attention we had to finish it quick, Dawn yelled in pain to my left. She got hit in the shoulder with one of the projectiles, that scream quickly turned feral as she promised with a glare promising they were going to die painfully.
"What a lovely girl." I thought dreamily.
She ripped the spike out of her shoulder and started trying to ram it down the manticores throat.
Blame Ares for making me find that attractive........... Needless to say it died quickly.
Spencer grapped the front paws of the last one and threw it to the screen for some shock treatment, it got powderized.
Thirty seconds maybe?
"Spencer, you got the core?"
"Ah ya baby I'm gonna learn the crap out of this disk."
That was a yes presumably.
Dawn had sweat beaded on her face and hand on her shoulder.
"Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy." She muttered. Tried to take of the camo jacket and use it as bandage, but she looked at me like I was a naughty puppy.
"Gonna suddenly swing in and be my knight in shining armor Greek?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.
I stuttered a lot, no words came out.
"I'll be fine," She said sighing "Lets get out of here before they come after us."
To her credit she didn't complain at all we slipped out unnoticed with something that would jump start our research. I wonder if this is what Arik thinks of Thalia. (and the opposite of what he thinks of Piper) I made contact with Alex who said they secured a workshop and oddly enough supplies. The rest of the day was quiet, Dawn after several hours accepted medical treatment. (Stubborn woman huh?) Spencer and Nyssa nerded all over the harddrive talking about, DPS. Not Damage per second, DEVASTATION per second. A few points and tricks on the Eidolons host. It was the most eventful day yet but also the most overall lazy. I dare say the Romans and the Greeks worked fairly well here huh? Anyways Varric Jones signing off.
Day-4
Spencer POV
I love tech. Tech is wonderful, raised in the country tech was so scarce. Built a computer for Christmas once, (Still amazed I didn't break anything.) monsters smashed it, wolves smashed them, I hit road, lovely things. I left those batons or whatever by Dawn and went back to a two-handed style warhammer. Varric made a reference to some "Wulfgar" and then compared himself to some sort of "Drizzt" and called Dawn a "Catti-brie" and then frowned and walked off. I was impressed that the mortals could even work those frames, gods above why Gaea entrusted them with it. Suspicious but who else could she give them to? Has to use the animal frames against the Romans to avoid suspicion as to how many people are in this force. Rome keeps count of these things, not the most fun duty believe me. Children of the forge god are fairly universal, building stuff is fun that's all you need to know really. The schematics where fairly indepth, multiple archetypes brawny, agile, heavy gunner. (Seriously) Still can't find the trap in it. Dawn woke up looked displeased in my choice of weapons but said nothing. Not as vicious as you'd think, rarely finds anybody that can keep up with her so so is a bit of a loner but she's alright, mostly at any rate. Warmed right up to Varric after on conversation, never doubt the magical power of Chinese firecrackers. The move over to the shop was fluid, after Connor and Travis where keep far away from the food supply, peoples pockets, lots of things. Wonderful idea making them point guards. Was about eight in the morning before we made major progress on the frames, we'd have them up and running by tommorrow. Another day for general training and bam, Gaea best look out. The Greeks were super friendly, ignore the Roman "Murder everything" thoughts, in some ways they were a better team then CJ, espically with Octavian assuming the role of Praetor. A lot of Romans became crew on the Argo ll so he doesn't have complete control of them, something he finds annoying I'm sure. Four O'clock and the frames are done, only software left, then again that's as time consuming for the first time. Eight O'Clock just waiting for them to be put together, not much of a day I know but it's not like in my spare time I order the fates to make life exciting. Spencer Belle going sleepy time now.
Day-5
Spencer POV
Seven A.M and I go back to sleep! Take that Rebecca Black. 9 A.M I growl like a zombie. 10 A.M I have a coffee chugging competition with Varric, 10:01 A.M I am horrified by how that guy eats.
Typical afternoon right?
Varric's long black hair with little braid's at the side smelling like his breakfast. He discovered he was so full of delicous candy that he thought my hair was short and blond not mid length and dirty blond. Weird person indeed.
"Tell me about yourself!" He says.
"Like what?" I asked.
"I don't know, a brief paragraph describing yourself."
"I'm sixteen, I like tech, son of Vulcan been pushing for more modern of a military force to no avail."
"Well that's good," said Varric "For us now not you before I mean."
"I know what you mean, Connor Kenway."
"Do I give of that vibe? I hope I do but I think he's more of a decendant of Bellona if I had to guess."
Don't know about Assassin's Creed reader? That's shameful you should fix that.
"So you're a gamer?" He asked
"Hate the term but yeah?"
"Because it lumps you with those thirty-seven year-old physco's?"
"Exactly."
"Not a fan of judgement I see, I know how you feel."
"People who judge tend to be the easiest to judge."
"Probably a offensive to avoid defensive thing."
"Yup."
Neat little back and forth, Varric adjusted his personality to fit the situation. (Personality not idenity) Strong of character and ready for most any situation.
"So the frames?" He questioned.
"Some will be ready today, not many though."
"One more day and then you can sit in one ignoring us Greek's huh?"
"Ah you're not all that bad, as long as I never have to witness you eating that is." He sighed fondly.
"I've been told such before." Dawn strolled up.
"Have you to been staring at the assembly line the entire time." She queeried.
"No." Said Varric.
"Yes." Replied I. Varric pouted and Dawn sighed like she'd predicted it, I suppose she did after the time we'd spent together.
"So," I started. "Do you two need me to leave you alone for make out session?" Varric chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his head.
"If," He began "IF we were dating IF I think both of us are good enough to not 'Make out' in front of you." Dawn nodded the shock of her face.
"Just checking, I noticed how that worked with Jason, Leo and that Piper girl." Varric pouted again.
"How did you know that?" I sighed.
"Children of Vulcan/Hephaestus do notice these things rather easily, we're not so good in conversations but we are good at noticing mechanics. Resentment is one of the most easy to spot. So when they flaunted they're relationship Leo would start scratching his head and holding his arms, made uncomfortable in his own skin." They both cleared their faces.
"Well," Said Varric "I'm impressed." I dodged a punch from Dawn and a quick succession of attacks.
"Don't you ever assume that I'm that so.. so............ "
"Easy?" I suggested. I was rewarded with a kick in the stomach.
"Okay, okay! Noted."
"Good!" She huffed. Varric chuckled with his hand just under his mouth, so he was kind of embarrassed. Dawn noticed this aswell and launched at him.
"And you! I am not some sort of dumb puppy, you have no right to be embarrassed for my behavior."
"Convincing argument! Let us see the opposition." He caught both her fists and leaned in close.
"Now, now." He tutted. She headbutted him. He staggered back and grabbed his nose.
"Fiesty!" He exclaimed.
"Sorry," She muttered "Still not happy about that whole manticore incident." I ygawned and streched.
"Go smash something, usally cheers you up."
"Not in the mood."
"If your in the mood to hit us you're in the mood to hit something else."
"Nah, you make excellent punching bags." She grinned. "Anyways, this things?" She gestured to assembly line.
"Nearly done." I informed her.
The roof was blasted in, somehow I think that's one of the many breaks that shall be broken during this event.
Several flying boars started wrecking up the place, everyone flew into combat mode I threw my warhammer at the invaders it was chrged with electricity and crashed into a greenish wall of energy. However it would hold them for a spell. I sprinted along the assembly line.
"Nyssa! Are they ready?"
"Yeah, but they're boiling hot!"
"Not a problem for me!" I leaped up a frame, it reacted to my contact and started to activate, the back of the control opened up and I flew into the seat and in closed up, the cockpit started to steam up, I would have less then five minutes before I operated on feel alone. A talky on my belt blared to life, Varric's voice over the sound of the combat.
"Your transformers ready?!"
"Please," I sniped. "This is a masterpiece!" The mind drive revved to life. The treads spun on the like roller-skate things attached to the feet. (Genius may I add?) It had a spear in on hand and a SMG attached just under the cockpit. (Which made me curse with glee) It blasted into battle (Because charge didn't do it justice) Now I am more of a warhammer guy ovibously, but the spear pierced the first boar and carried through to not one more but two more. Several more had glass like eyes that shattered because of the heat of the frame. Smashed them to. I could hear everyone asking for a turn, they could wait. The frame could be taken down by a demigod don't get me wrong, it had strengths in different areas though. Plus there is something really manly about a big machine that can rip apart other little machines. I laughed hysterically and unloaded the SMG in the invaders direction.................. generally.
"This so paid off!!" I roared.
"WHAT PAID OFF TRAITOR!?"
My rampage was stopped by the serial killer of teddy bears.
Octavian gestured in our direction the entire Roman army behind us.
"There can be no more doubt! Now that they have these Automatonous things it's clear where their loyalties lie!"
"That's not true! We took this from the mortal forces!" I yelled.
"Oh of course," He sneered "We won't be the victims of your slaughter attempts again!"
"Octavian," Sighed Varric. "We could have gunned you down already."
"And be demolished by the Roman army, you need trickery to beat us Greek!!"
"Your arrogance has no bounds! It doesn't matter how good Rome is if they have a gun in they're face."
"Let us find out then!" Varric paled. "TWELTH LEGION MOVE OUT!!"

Even if I had bullets left (Sorry I forgot to tell you, I ran out of bullets) I was NOT going to shoot the Romans. Temping but not the answer. The sun was setting for a show down, I noticed this as I crashed threw the front line and smashed the catapults and such. We had no will to kill, they had ten times our forces. Things were not looking good. Losing a arm of the frame didn't help.
Didn't get to that part yet did I?
Turns out Octavian also had a frame, one a couple generations above mine. It was like a laser artillery unit. Like a flying agile cannon, that could fly. Advantage Romans. I grappled onto Octavian giant black monster of a machine and started kicking its chest smashing into a skyscraper.
I'm not paying for that I thought.
Everything went science-fiction, Octavian flailed inside his frame undoubtly blasting whoever and whatever hoping he might hit me with those red beams of death. I couldn't hold out for long, crashing into skyscrapers at three-hundred kilometers (Meteric system yeah buddy) per hour. If I got hit even once with one of those death beams that even I would be fried. As good of a effort as leapinging about a hundred feet upward (or 30-ish meters, sigh inconsistent) grappling onto something that could level the entire city, it couldn't be maintained. The rest where cool enough for everyone to hope in while Dawn and Varric held off the Romans in ascended form. (Something that damages you to the core while in use but drastically increases your power) Rome would crush us unless we could think of something.
But what?
Then it came to me.
I released the grappling hooks and solidly in the roof above Octavian's machine, crouching to fit on the level and not drive my machine through three levels of skyscraper.
"I'll crush you!!" Roared Octavian. He shot at me, I strafed around as the beam followed closely. Once three hundred and sixty degrees had been made I free feel out of the tower. "Where are you going coward?!" He roared again. I had a choice response
"Be smashed into the earth you relic!!" For claiming such ultimate intelligence he hadn't seen it coming. He caused the building to collapse on himself, he'd be fine behind he shields but he would be as neutral as Switzerland in his position. Now problem two, the Legion. My hands flew into motion as fell into a battle amongst demigods, rerouting the the power, the engine, everything. Fifty feet, forty feet, thirty feet....... I had it, I pulled on the ejector and watched on my screen as the frame itself hit the ground and released a godly shockwave sending everyone flying. To power automatons of such calibre we had to have a pretty amazing engine did we not? And using that I prevented the bloodbath, everyone hitched a ride and we fled the location. The next encounter won't end so well, with all the factors spinning into overdrive the bloodbath approachs, we sustained no causalties and neither did the Roman's. The cynical part of me (A extremely large part) almost wants to laugh at how badly we've been screwed. Well in truth I kinda did, that and how easily the Roman's have been tricked. Anyway this is Spencer Belle going sleepy time.
P.S If you want to know more indepth what Automaton Frames look like Google Knightmare Frame Sutherland for Spencer's and Knightmare Frame Shinkirou for Octavian's.
This page is going to be enormous If I don't get any feedback............. You know what I'm saying.
over a year ago parras2 said…
smile
hey I would really appreciate it if some people took a look at my new forum: link

amazing story btw
^Feel free to plug yourself, TTTT=Together to the top. We should be more then just fans on fanpop clubs of people should have a fellowship and whatnot.
Gonna be starting a definition the main three characters to give you some background. I'd like to weave it into the narrative as tightly as possible and not make you have to read a manual on them but this is availible to give a better mental image.
There is a forum link in the main post to a character synopsis of Dawn, Varric and Spencer.
Day-6
Spencer POV
You know, first time I started writing about this day I just basically went over the various ways in which we are screwed. But I'm sure you are aware, haven't seen those Automaton Dragon's in nearly a week. Likely they're laughing at us in creak and squeak language right now. Fortuna blessed us clearly by letting us find another work shop. (Four more years for Obama) The schematic's revealed something troubling, even the top of the range units are no match for those Dragon's. They are tiered of generations, Octavian's was a eight and the one I used was a five. Against the Eidolon's who were basically a ten we would stand no chance alone. Varric says that Reinforcments should arrive soon, they where supposed to come to New York after three days of no contact. If they could break through it would even out the battle. The battle which have no doubt is coming, Varric acknowledges this and everyone else is aware. Everyone is restless, knowing full well that before two weeks is up we will clash. We'll end up watering the stones of Olympus with blood here and Gaea will fall the remaining six and Nico in Greece. It was around noon before anyone broke up the constant training and building.
"Alright," Said Varric's voice over the speakers "Report to the war council room everyone." He'd named it that after he figured that we'd be fighting soon. Anyways the War council room looked like a bomb shelter, square with bronze walls, thirty five feet long and twenty feet high. Completed with a big round table in the middle.
"So we're here to make a battle plan."
"Finally!!" Roared Clarisse.
"Go deep-throat your spear!!" Snarled Varric avoiding eye contact.
"Look me in the face and say that coward!"
"Clarisse," I interjected "He might accidently force you to do it if he makes eye contact."
"Bah," She muttered crossing her arms and looking to her upper left. "Sorcery."
"Bah," I mutter mimicking her voice perfectly "Brain power."
"Don't push it Roman." She growled pointing a finger.
"Continue doing it you incredibly sexy man!" I mimicked. Connor and Travis nearly ran over the table to give me a high five. Clarisse followed with her spear. "Now, now children," I said with Chiron's voice (don't ask) "Table's are not for feet!"
That earned me a shiny new spear.
"I'm keeping this." I smirked. She looked ready to throw a tantrum.
"I'LL MURDER YOUR FACE!!" Varric started to snicker.
"Well Clarisse," Sighed Dawn dryly. "If you were a better warrior you wouldn't be in this situation would you?"
That earned her a new sword.
"You're so generous!"
Clarisse started to explode on the spot, literally. Little fireworks exploded from every side and she started to float.
"Watcha gonna do when there is a bomb in your bomb shelter?!" Mused Varric. I pressed a button under the table and a cone of red energy encased her when she exploded with rage. When it was done she fell over steaming and unconscious.
"Well you have a way with the ladies." Noted Travis.
"I would have said that," Mused Varric. "But she's my half sister so it would have been weird."
"Weirder then mentioning it?"
When I regained my senses I was dancing on the table in my boxers, if you can call that senseful.
"Varric, I will staple your eyes shut if you can't keep them shut yourself." He threw up his hands as if to say "Noted." Clarisse moaned in the corner still steaming. I but on my clothes and tried to remain composed.
"So plan?" I prompted.
"We're going to break the encirclement of security."
Everyone's face hit the table with a collection of "No!".
"Oh come on!" Snarled Varric acting very Ares-like. "You utter cowards! Unless you want Gaea to decorate her christmas tree with your intestines then you will fight with me or you will die with me!"
"So, how?" I prompted.
"We're going to-."
Senior Scribe Level Cliffhanger!
Spencer Belle going sleepy time and there is nothing you can do about it!
Day-7
Dawn POV
Pulled a Rick hanger? Does that some times, punch him in the face. Works well. His ultimate plan? Draw everyone in and start his own battle. He says our biggest mistake has been not setting out the terms of engagement. So we set off and split up and started dragging all the lines of security, "90's fps style." he says. No idea what code that is. Myself, Spencer, Varric, Clarisse and Will take a small group and bring all the security to a specified point. Clarisse gets to take the Roman's so she was happy, Varric meets up with the campers, everyone else is military. Myself, Alex and James get the strongest line. (That made Clarisse jealous but she was still contented. We all flew out in personal frames, Arik compared them to these mystic golem's that the ancient Egyptian wizards where supposed to use when he thought of the idea when he was at CJ. He thought about melding them, he was always that way, brainstorming. Varric named them all, quite a nerdy thing to do. Mine was called the 'Ravager', James was the 'Frost Owl' (Apparently it's a inside joke) and Alex's was called 'Earth Warden'. I went with a nimble frame, my weapons only three times the size, oh and it's a giant navy blue robot that can shoot fire and stuff. James was a medium build that was light blue and white with standard weapon for a demigod. Alex was stocky build with stocky weapons and a forest camo a heavy hitter. We got reassigned half way there and we had to wait for the others to bring a stampede and blow them to hell. Bloody Varric making me look bad as a writer. We broke a window and hid in there James fixed it making it look like new.
"So," Started Alex. "What's it like in Roman land?"
"Oh you know, everyone's out to prove themselves, a pretense of being united, usual stuff right?"
I was only talking to them by comm but I could feel their frowns.
"Not really....." Mumbled Alex
"We're kinda peaceful...." Added James.
"Opposed to the war mongering Roman's right?"
"I never said that." Said James
"You implied it."
"Alright, alright lets calm down." Alex tried.
"Son of the new earth Goddess, naturally you're defensive."
"And you're about as friendly as a mother badger in a corner, hermit crab." James smirked
"Oh don't even!" Varric's voice sounded fuzzy on the military channel.
"Get ready, they're flying towards you now. You'll be alone until we can get all the campers in Frame's we're covering them. You have to hold them with a total of ten people."
"WHAT?!" Yelled Alex and James in-sync.
"Sweet!" Yelled I and started to power on the Ravager. James and Alex continued they're sync speech.
"Are you insane!?"
"Mostly." I admitted. "If you can't handle it prove me right in that no one is good enough to keep up with me."
"Challenge accepted." The military and the Roman's where to well synced in formation to not be working together. Octavian wouldn't bring someone else into this unless he thought we were a threat.
Happy thoughts.
A fleet of Automaton Knightmare's flew a few hundred feet about our location. I started to go down the list of people in the call.
"Alright...." I muttered to myself. "Nyssa? What do we have to work with?"
"Well," She started off. "We have a few mortar's surrounding the bulk of the fleet but they're easily traced, a large radius shield again easily chased. Both of which can halt all mechanic's if destroyed."
"Take a few pot shots with the mortar's, it'll distract them, draw them in, then use the shield. When they go for the shield ambush them from the rear. While they turn to us prep the mortar's for critical fire. Get them in a vice grip then vanish while I cover you. That should buy us three minute's, but we need ten. As I fade you'll link my voice throughout every piece of tech in the city, I'll keep Octavian talking for another three minute's, he'll no doubt lose his temper by then and the critically armed mortars should be more then enough to put them in disarray. Two more minutes, when the mortars blast they'll likely damage themselves, not enough to make everything shut down. However it will be enough to bring they're frame's to the ground and limit they're power output dramatically. Move the mortars over to the bulk and fire them into the at the mortal forces. With that they'll have had a gentle descent and be limited in modes of attack. I'll open talks with Octavian, when the I want you all to to be in position when the machine's come back on to cover me. Forward this message to Varric and tell him to stay out until we reestablish comm's with him, cut the line so in-case this goes sour they can't trace them."
James whistled in appreciation. "You came up with all that just now?" I scoffed.
"That's nothing, in the wild you need to think of things way more complicated in the blink of a eye. It took just a moment."
"Alright," Laughed Alex. "You can stop being awesome now."
"Not gonna happen." I cackled a bit hysterically but unlike in New Rome nobody made it feel awkward, they laughed with me. It went off mostly with out a hitch, "Like Clockwork." Octavian was a good speak sure enough, but he wasn't a commander, he isn't a leader. Octavian bends people to his will, if that isn't enough he's out of options. I strolled up unarmed with a smirk on my face and now unarmed, but still very much dangerous. Because the mortar's where already damaged it allowed the people to get out of the frame's with secondary systems. I was in street clothes and a blue-tooth as my former and hopefully future comrades gawked at me. A 6:30 midsummer sun cascaded gracefully along the ghost town of New York. A street of frames slumped in various position's as the mortals sneered at me for some reason. Octavian looked cross sitting down at a table alongside a stereotypical solider. Deep tan, short black hair, black eyes, a deep stern expression looking at me like a fifth grade looker that hadn't been cleaned in three semester's. I grabbed a seat.
"So Octo-boy, we've proved that you can be trounced quite easily. Were I you I'd love this chance to negotiate." The marine dude snapped to life.
"Silence filthy mutant!"
Octavian shrugged clearly perplexed, we both knew it was the mist but this was a whole new weird.
"Soooooooooooo, what? You think we're teenaged X-men?" I ventured.
He sneered.
"Mature."
"Traitor," Octavian started "You can't hope to beat us."
"With the tactic's we most certainly can." He sighed.
"His fault." He gestured to the marine. "Clueless." The marine chuckled.
"Or I've got you where I want you." He snapped his fingers and several of his men popped up like evil gopher's with machine guns.
"You slime! Using the Roman's like pawns!" I snarled. "Octavian how dare you use them like fodder, what happened to your supposed unity!"
"We took you down as a team did we not?" He smirked but I could feel him wavering, it hadn't been his choice.
"What you think you can replace all of us and the gods with tanks and defeat Gaea? You can't work this out with out us! You don't have the strength to take down a primordial god with trigger-happy soldiers! You're delusional!"
"Don't get uppity on me traitor!" He snapped. "What makes you so special? A bunch of immature children versus thousand of well trained warriors, what would you choose!? If this seals the pact then so be it! A few lives are more then worth the future of the world." I stepped up and gestured to the onlookers.
"Hear that? You're all blood money to him, each one of you is just a dollar to be spent!"
"Soldier's of Rome understand what war is like no other! We are all brave enough to give our lives for the greater good!" He retorted.
"Roman's are also wise and won't be tricked by this!" An explosion went off up the street and the force's of Camp Half-Blood flanked by unicorn's, dragon's you know that type of thing.
"If you will not see through our words you will through our actions." I stated cryptically. I faded into the cover fire of my comrades.
Dawn Hudson signing off.