Sword of Truth Series T.V. Show

mattconner89 posted on Aug 13, 2008 at 06:04AM
How bout that T.V. Show coming out Nov. 1st!!

Sword of Truth Series 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago harpyr said…
I'm really excited to see it but I'm afraid it might only be on cable t.v... which I do not have. :(
over a year ago Alakmae said…
I'm italian, and i don't know if I could see the show here in my country... what do you mean it'll be on "cable tv"? Something like "Sky"? Sorry, I don't understand...
over a year ago harpyr said…
Well by cable t.v. I mean channels that you have to pay for a subscription to get either through a cable attached to your house or via satellite. It's too expensive for us.
(eta- that's for the US.. I'm not sure how viewing US channels works in other countries)

I think I heard that ABC is the studio producing it and there is a possibility that one's local affiliate (local ABC broadcaster) could pick up the show if they so chose, otherwise it will only be viewable on the Sci-Fi Channel- which is only available by paid subscription.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Alakmae said…
Thanks for the help :) by now I will be content with the trailers ^^ they're wonderful!!! Did you see them? Do you like the cast?
over a year ago Panis said…
hey i am 16 and i live in venezuela and i saw the trailers and the show looks nothing like the book. They are leaving out sooo much and forgeting some important things like Darken rahl haveing blue eyes and blond or that Kahlan is the last confessor and that Darken rahl wants to ¨rule¨ westland with the help of the book of counted shadows like what the hell!!!! The plot does not give justice to the book. They left out the things that made the book and the series so amazing....
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago stupidlamb1257 said…
i agree with panis.
they got everything wrong except the mord sith. i was really happy about how they came out. they were even taking things from other books and putting them in there. i heard they aren't even thinking of going off the second book for the next series. wich is completly murdering the sword of truth.
FantasticRoze commented…
yeah but even denna is wrong, since she's supoosed to have a brown, loose braid and not a blonde tight one :( over a year ago
over a year ago TrueTruthFan said…
angry
How can such a good director mess this up so horribly. I could have done better myself. Poor Terry Goodkind thought that with such a good Director that his story would have been represented right but the series SUCKS on SO MANY ACCOUNTS. It is like watching your best friend being utterly destroyed. They were given an awesome story and couldn't do it. They did well with Harry Potter, they stuck pretty close to the book, then to pull this crud! I was so looking forward to this, now I want to throw up from what they have done to this book!
over a year ago Omen-Machine said…
hmmm
i love the books soo much and yes the show was a dissappointment but its still good. you just have to remember that its BASED off the books, not putting the books on screen. thats how i get through the things that are totally different
FantasticRoze commented…
No. I've read and watched the entire Harry Potter series, and those 영화 did actually follow the story chronologically. this series is just wrong. Kahlan doesn't give richard the book of counted shadows, george does. Richard only knows he's a Rahl at the very end of the first book. Dennee dies WAY earlier because she was out on her own and attacked 의해 a quad. Kahlan comes to westland to find the first wizard. And that's only the wrongdoings of 1 episode!!!!!!!!!!! over a year ago
over a year ago xadius said…
The series is not BASED on anything. They took names and places from Terry Goodkind, and then made up their own excuse for a story. One very much inferior to the original. WHY???
FantasticRoze commented…
I don't know :( they couldve done such a good job but they didnt :( over a year ago