Picks Crazy Laws in other Countries

megloveskyle posted on Aug 31, 2007 at 07:05PM
This pick was a little difficult to make. So I am posting a forum discussion of these crazy laws in different countries.

1.In Calgary, there is a by-law that is still on the books that requires businesses within the city to provide rails for tieing up horses.

2.In King County it is illegal to sit on a man's lap on a metro bus, unless you are married.

3.I understand that in Germany, there is a law that every office must have a view of the sky, however small. So the office buildings are all long and skinny.

4.In England, it is illegal to sell most goods on a Sunday, (this law is mostly ignored), it is however legal to sell a carrot. It is also legal to sell it at any price and to give free gifts with it, such as anything else one might want to buy on a Sunday!

5.In Israel, there's no legal way for a man named Cohen to marry a divorced woman.

Which one to you is the craziest? Or do you know another crazy law in your country?

Picks 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago maybeastarbucks said…
Number 5... why would anyone name their son Cohen then?
over a year ago maybeastarbucks said…
Or is that the last name?
over a year ago megloveskyle said…
I don't know I guess first name..who knows..
over a year ago msqueenbea said…
i knew we had our own stupid laws.

on jersey it is illegal for a man to knit during fishing season.

no cows may be driven down the roadway between 10pm and 7am unless there is prior approval by the police commissioner.

chelsea pensioners may not be impersonated.

a bed may not be hung out of a window.

topless sales woman are legal in liverpool, but only in tropical fish stores.

totally crazy every single one of them.

last edited over a year ago
over a year ago thecon said…
It has to be number 5. But what the hell is number 3 about?! We all break the law here then!
over a year ago TweenaCat said…
The fourth one isn't true...I think. Unless there are a LOT of lawbreakers in England
over a year ago sakoon said…
5 of course
over a year ago sweetmonkeytoes said…
It sounds like who ever made # 5 a law had a bone to pick with Cohen... A little bitter perhaps? :P
over a year ago doonis said…
In San Francisco, it's illegal reuse confetti. Also to carry a container on a pole over your shoulder.
over a year ago alinazeer said…
I will name my son cohen so that he wont go after old divorced women :) j/k and hey btw you didnt mention if its legal to sit on women's lap or not in King County let me know its important because i'm married ;)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago TweenaCat said…
Ooh, I've got one! See if you go to the Scotland Spot and you see that little yellow flag with a red dragon on it at the top of the page? (well, you don't have to actually go to the Scotland spot because I just told you what it looks like). It is actually technically illegal to fly that flag anywhere in Scotland because only the Queen has the right to fly it when she's at Balmoral. Thing is, nobody cares and everyone does it anyway. If the royal family started complaining about petty stuff like that, people would start talking about abolishing the monarchy. Again.