Oliver & Company Am i the only one who saw this in theaters in the 80s?

AragonArathorn posted on Mar 17, 2011 at 03:51PM

I did! i saw it when i lived in San Diego about 23 years ago when i was 7 years old and had some of the original merchandise such as Mcdonalds finger puppets/ornuments and that kidn of thing and saw the movie three times and i loved it.

Too bad it never came out on video the next year or next but oh well i had my merchandise including soundtrack for my memories including going to the theaters to see it and my parents do remember it well. Then when it came back in early 96 i saw it at age 14 and enjoyed it as much as i did when i was 7 and even some of my junior high friends back then remembered it too when they were kids.

It's a fun movie that i still enjoy.

Oliver & Company 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago fishypup said…
laugh
I was born in '87, so unfortunately I was too young to be taken to see it. :( Luckily, though, my parents did buy me merchandise such as plushies, ornaments, posters, Sing-Alongs, and storybooks that get me way into the movie before I went to see it in the theater upon the re-release. By that point, I was completely obsessed, singing the songs on the school bus, teaching my classmates the lyrics, pretending to be the characters, jumping around on furniture as though it were vehicles in NYC, holding my foot up to sprinklers and singing "Why Should I Worry?," performing "Perfect Isn't Easy" with a friend (choreographed by us!) for one class project, seeking out and buying every piece of merchandise I could, taking the soundtrack with me everywhere...

I'll never forget the day I first saw it; it was everything the storybooks had made me expect and more. I was such an ecstatic little kid, lol. I mostly recall driving around with my mom somewhere afterwards, just thinking about it and how awesome it was. So, that's how the love affair began...and now I have a rather large assortment of O&C around my room, including the Georgette finger puppet and plushes of Rita, Dodger, and Oliver. There are some things I wish I had and others I wish had never been lost from me, but on the whole I'm more than satisfied; I've got LOADS of terrific products from this film.