- I feel so thankful for him sharing his brilliance.
Delta Goodrem, on her Twitter page (26 June 2009)
- As a kid Michael was always beyond his years, he was an innovator, he was a genius at what he did. He had a knowingness about him. At 9 years old, when I first started working with him, he seemed to me like he had been here before. He was just so knowledgeable about life.
Berry Gordy, in "Berry Gordy Statement on the passing of Michael Jackson" (26 June 2009)
- Michael Jackson was not only loved 의해 the people of the world, for his incomparable talent, he was loved 의해 the magnificent wild 동물 for which he provided the most beautiful 집 at his Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara, CA. We were thrilled to have Michael's beloved tigers, Thriller and Sabu, 가입하기 our pride here at Shambala when Michael needed a good 집 for them. Thriller and Sabu will always remind us of Michael.
Tippi Hedron, quoted in "Michael Jackson Tigers, Thriller And Sabu, At Shambala Preserve" (26 June 2009)
- It almost sounds crazy to say that the show wasn't about him, but ... he'd put it in perspective all the time, saying, "This is what we're here for, to spread a message of 사랑 and taking care of the planet, that we want people to understand it's very, very dear and not to take it for granted."
Dorian Holley, Michael Jackson’s vocal director for the "This Is It" 런던 concerts What Michael Jackson Did on His Last Day" 의해 S. James Snyder in TIME magazine (29 June 2009)
- The first album I ever bought with my own money was Thriller. His performance at the Grammys is a milestone in the history of American music. I watched it on TV and spent the 다음 two weeks in my 부엌, 주방 trying to learn how to moonwalk.
Mark Hoppus, in "Music World Mourns Michael Jackson's Death: Madonna, Britney, Justin & Many 더 많이 Paid Tribute" (26 June 2009)
- Michael grew to understand why the world is in the state it is. He would ask “Why?” but not get trapped in trying to find reasons for each and every problem. His aim was finding solutions. His message was about solutions. Michael’s day-to-day thought process was: “How do I make the world a better place?” He dedicated his existence to responding to this question, and to giving a voice to those who can’t speak out for themselves.
Man in the Mirror, We are the World, Will 당신 Be There – all these songs put 앞으로 a simple but powerful message: If someone is hungry, give them food, but also help them become self-sufficient. Michael taught us that when 당신 do good, 당신 start with the individual, then 옮기기 onto a family, a neighborhood, a village, a nation.
Michael always looked for the good in people, but he also wanted people to understand him, and what he was here for. This made the ridicule he endured so much harder to bear. How can someone who gave so much, be the subject of so much hate? Why is it, the 더 많이 blessed we are, the tougher our times are destined to be?
My brother wasn’t a threat to anyone. He was at peace, and his peaceful state was a blessing from God. Michael was given the rare talent to entertain, sing and perform. But the true blessing God gave him was the ability to use his talents to do good for others. Michael’s songs inspired us to do better. That was his true gift.
We still feel Michael’s loss. But what will happen as time passes? What will happen to Michael’s real purpose for being? Who can carry on Michael’s work selflessly, without ulterior motive? Nations and governments are capable of good deeds, but those good deeds are too often done to exert control over others. Michael never wanted to control anybody, he only wanted to spread happiness and joy.
Michael didn’t care if we knew everything he did for people, because God knows. God knows his intentions, and knows the results. I know my brother is in a very secure, serene, peaceful place. When we live on earth, we are judged not only 의해 who we are, but also 의해 what we do for others. When we leave, we take the good and bad deeds with us. Michael took nothing but good deeds with him.
Michael and I were raised to believe there is a Supreme Being. Having success told us God had a plan for us. Michael used his success in a positive way. He knew that it’s not what 당신 get from others, it’s what 당신 do for others. We all achieve things in life, but the greatest achievement is doing God’s work. Michael was a man of God because he was doing His work. Eternal life is the ultimate reward from God – and Michael has eternal life.
Jermaine Jackson, "Keeping Michael's Spirit Alive" at The Tribute
- I had just come back from Nigeria and he asked what I went to do in Nigeria because he had never visited Nigeria and I told him about the historical Badagry project that we are doing in Nigeria and he felt the same way I felt; he felt that the project must be done because it is imperative that we understand what our forefathers and fore mothers went through. He looked 앞으로 to the finishing of the project because he wanted to come and see it and I assured him that we would get the project done. The only thing is that when we do finish this project he will not be there physically, but he will be there in spirit."
Marlon Jackson, in "Marlon Jackson visits Nigeria" at 234Next.com (24 July 2009)
- I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. I've 로스트 my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him.
Quincy Jones, in "Music World Mourns Michael Jackson's Death: Madonna, Britney, Justin & Many 더 많이 Paid Tribute" (26 June 2009)
- 음악 will never be the same.
Kim Kardashian, on her Twitter page (26 June 2009)
- This is such a tragic loss and a terrible day. The incomparable Michael Jackson has made a bigger impact on 음악 than any other artist in the history of music. He was magic. He was what we all strive to be. He will always be the king of pop! Life is not about how many breaths 당신 take, but about how many moments in life that take your breath away. For anyone who has ever seen, felt, 또는 heard his art, we are all honored to have been alive in this generation to experience the magic of Michael Jackson. I 사랑 당신 Michael.
Beyoncé Knowles, in "Beyoncé Reacts To The Death Of Michael Jackson" (26 June 2009)
- My fifth birthday party was M.J. themed, I insisted. My mother found a lookalike to come sing happy birthday and I KNEW he wasn't MY Michael. Thank 당신 Michael Jackson for being my FIRST of many! My mother took me to my FIRST concert, I was only two years old. I fell in love.
Solange Knowles, in "Michael Jackson" (26 June 2009)
- I just found him a very giving and loving person.
Cherilyn Lee, registered nurse in "Michael Jackson's Nurse 'On the Record'" (7 July 2009)
- I personally can’t believe it. But it’s 더 많이 unfortunate for the world of music. My 사랑 goes out to his family. … A sad 일 in history, not [just] music.
Lil' Wayne, in "Music World Mourns Michael Jackson's Death: Madonna, Britney, Justin & Many 더 많이 Paid Tribute" (26 June 2009)
- If it were not for Micheal Jackson I would not be where 또는 who I am today.
Ludacris, on his Twitter page (26 June 2009)
- No one will be able to replace him. But I know that the light that he emanated from the stage will live on with all of us who saw him for what he was and always will be — a great teacher, pure musical inspiration. His death can only be compared to John Lennon's and Elvis'.
Ricky Martin, on his twitter page (27 June 2009)
- Michael was filled with humility, sensitivity, reverence and respect for anyone and everyone. And most of all, the 사랑 that he had for his kids equalled the 사랑 that he had for his fans. He just was a guy that was beyond amazing, and it’s just sad to hear all the spurious stories that have been created about him.
Al Malnik, godfather of Prince Michael II Jackson (Blanket), interviewed 의해 Merideth Viera on The Today Show (1 July 2009)
- I can't believe. The most amazing entertainer of all Time just left. I just can't understand. We Will always 사랑 당신 Michael.
Gilles Marini, on his Twitter page (26 June 2009)
- A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us.
John Mayer, on his Twitter page (26 June 2009)
- He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul.
Paul McCartney, in "Justin Timberlake praises Jackson's musical genius"], "People" (26 June 2009)
- I will be mourning my friend, brother, mentor and inspiration.. He gave me and my family hope. I would never have been me without him.
MC Hammer, in "Music World Mourns Michael Jackson's Death: Madonna, Britney, Justin & Many 더 많이 Paid Tribute" (26 June 2009)
- MICHAEL JACKSON the first 2 english words i eva spoke. The future sucx!
M.I.A., in "Music World Mourns Michael Jackson's Death: Madonna, Britney, Justin & Many 더 많이 Paid Tribute" (26 June 2009)
- I am so sadened 의해 MJs death. I clung to those records throughout my childhood. A complete musical hero of mine. May he rest in peace.
Mika, on his Twitter page (26 June 2009)
- I wish I got to tell him how much his 음악 existence changed my life. He was my biggest inspiration and will forever live on in my heart.
Lisa Origliasso, on her Twitter page (26 June 2009)
- This guy had the biggest 심장 of anybody and really really did care about improving the human condition, especially for children, and that was part of his mission. While he was on tour, he always wanted to know what he could do in each place, so that when he left, he left a place better, having been there … and how many people can 당신 say that about?”
Kenny Ortega, producer, director, choreographer
- I did not find Michael weird, messed up, 또는 anything you’ve ever heard about him. I want to say that I feel all of the allegations ever charged against Michael were false, and that in my discernment, he did not have the capacity to ever do anything except 사랑 children and let them know he would do anything to stand up for them, and help them. Just look at the magnificent work he did on their behalf in 글쓰기 and co-producing “We Are The World,” and the 39 charities for children he gave to generously. That was Michael. I believe that during his trials he related to the suffering of Christ, and prayed for intervention, because he was being accused over what he loved most—children. This caused him perhaps 더 많이 pain than anything in his life."
David Pack, in "Michael Jackson, Jesus, and Me : My story of Christian fellowship with the King of Pop" (27 June 2009)
- Rarely has the world received a gift with the magnitude of artistry, talent, and vision as Michael Jackson. He was a true musical icon.
Neil Portnow, president of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, in "Justin Timberlake praises Jackson's musical genius", "People" (26 June 2009)
- When 당신 were with him, 당신 really felt like God was within him. He was an amazing, superhuman kind of person, but he always treated 당신 as an equal. He would be your friend and he never asked for anything in return. ... I know that people looked at Michael and thought he was strange, but to me, he was fascinating. ... He was the most inspirational person in my life. His one dream was to cure all the sick children in the world. And when I'd say, "Isn't that impossible?" Michael would just start to cry. He was very emotional about things that moved him. I guess you'd have to say he was a pure innocent in a world that wasn't so innocent anymore.
Brett Ratner, in "Brett Ratner on Michael Jackson: 'You felt like God was within him'" in The Los Angeles Times (26 June 2009)
- He read them a book every day. When we were in Virginia during the Invincible [sessions], there was not one 일 missed 읽기 the children something. So that showed me right there that he was an incredible father. … He was like, 'I would never have them go through the same things ever (the similar childhood/upbringing) in their lives,' Riley said. "He was like, 'I think the best scolding for children was a time-out.' The best scolding for children was, 'Let's read a book.'"
Teddy Riley, in "What Was Michael Jackson Like As A Father?" at VH1 (31 July 2009)
- I don’t really think the 음악 industry has taken a deep enough look at what Michael Jackson meant to everybody, all of us artists, producers, actors, actresses, all of us, entertainment as a whole. I don’t think that they took a deep enough look because everyone is too busy with their head up their own butt. When Michael was on trial, nobody…nobody stopped to go and support him at the trial. ... The guy is acquitted on ten counts of child molestation. No one said, "Sorry Michael.’ No one said, "Michael, we knew 당신 were innocent." No one did a BET tribute to him then. Nobody played his 음악 and did a marathon then. Nobody rallied up and did a concert. Why should Michael have to go on tour to raise money? How come all of the artists didn't band together and say, "Hey! 당신 know what? Let's do a tour like Michael did the We Are The World Tour and let's raise some money. Let's get this thing going." No one did that. Tookie Williams is the founder of the Crips gang. ... They were trying to get him pardoned from the death penalty and half of Hollywood showed up for this man. What I can't understand is like, OK people didn't want to go near Michael Jackson when he was in trouble ... But they show up for a guy who executed families. A little girl begged for her life and he executed her. They said because he wrote in his time in prison he wrote children's 책 that he tried to turn his life around. He was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. Well, how about the millions of children Michael Jackson has helped over the span of his career? Yet two children come with some false allegations and those two children become the two children that destroy him. It’s crazy. It makes me look at the entertainment business and just say I’m surrounded 의해 a bunch of hypocrites.
When 당신 ask me how would it affect them? I don’t even think they realize what this is. Everyone’s gonna do their tributes, but the tributes now if 당신 look at it, it’s all because now everyone is going to get some spotlight, they’re gonna get some shine. Now all of the sudden everyone wants to say something good about him.
No one talks about when he did the Victory tour, I remember as a kid Michael being on tour with the Victory tour right? And every night on the news they would announce that Michael Jackson donated his money from every city that he did, he donated it to a new charity. He donated his money from the Victory tour to charities. I thought that was amazing. I'm like, wow! This guy's donating millions of dollars every night to a new charity. Then he would stop in every city and every city he would stop at a hospital and visit kids that were burned, ill 또는 whatever. He took the time to do all that.
Cory Rooney, in "Cory Rooney and Chris Apostle on Michael Jackson & his effect on the 음악 business" in Examiner.com (5 August 2009)