내가 그녀를 만났을 때 Ted's Anger at Barney - "The Goat"

DR76 posted on Nov 02, 2011 at 04:48PM
Let me get this straight. Ted was willing to forgive Robin for sleeping with Barney in "Sandcastles in the Sand", but he remained pissed at Barney for the same act? He accused Barney of doing a bad thing, but he refused to condemn Robin for sleeping with a friend of his?

Bro Code or not, this seemed to smack of . . . gender double standards.

내가 그녀를 만났을 때 3 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago L_V_Matterhorn said…
It's about principle. As she is Ted's ex-girlfriend, Ted can't tell Robin who she can and can't sleep with. But he can ask a bro to back off his ex. However, he wasn't as mad at the fact that he slept with Robin as much as that Barney's thing is that while he's a horrible person, he's a good friend. Ted has stood by Barney for years, watching him do terrible things to other people, but always thought that Barney had a limit - that he wouldn't do such things to his own friends. So when Ted finds out that Barney broke the Bro Code, which Barney constantly promotes and Ted in turn bends over backwards to uphold, he was understandably pissed.
xKaru commented…
Except in an earlier episode when Barney and Robin were at lazer tag Barney called ted and and asked if he could go after Robin and Ted gave him the go ahead. Ted can't tell Barney "go ahead try to 날짜 robin" then turn around and say "how dare 당신 sleep with Robin" over a year ago
Gregory200 commented…
Of he said No in that earlier episode everybody would have thought that Ted is still after Robin. He didn't had a choice over a year ago
over a year ago DR76 said…
I guess you're right. Barney certainly made it clear in the most recent episode that he lacked principle - deciding that Nora wasn't the right woman for him, after cheating on her with Robin. What a prick!

over a year ago xKaru said…
Ted had no right to be mad at Barney, in an earlier episode we see Barney and Robin at lazer tag and Barney calls ted who was dating...someone, I forget who, else and Barney asked ted if he could go after Robin. Ted gave Barney the go ahead. He has no right to be like "how dare you sleep with Robin" when he earlier said "go ahead try for Robin good luck with that"