하우스 Quick 질문 :) AND well done aR on Hameron medal!! Your a star!!

Evrythingmaters posted on Nov 04, 2008 at 07:27PM
Sorry to waste what little time you have (cause im sure you all busy working and writing esays... :P yh right! lol) but I was wondering what is the general rule about icons...
Would it be considered rude if I just yoinked an icon that someone posted and then used it in a pick or for my personal picture thing?? Ive never wanted to do it just incase it would upset anyone, but as there is some really nice ones and since I cant make any of my own.... :)
But yer I was just wondering if I need to ask the person who made it or anything? I dont want to steal what someone spent a lot of time and effort making if its not morally allowed...

Sorry for asking!
feel a bit stupid now.... lol

Thanks! :)

하우스 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago amberRocks said…
You don't have to credit for icons that you use on a pick or a user icon unless you are I don't know a credit geek or something.
You do however have to inform the icons owner if yu take his/hers icons and put it in another spot...
Anyway crediting is not obligatory even if you post the icons yourself...
over a year ago pollyloveshouse said…
I dont usually credit the users when makin a pic my user icon, and i never do for picks. :) Don't worry you're fine lol good luck with those essays ;] ;]
over a year ago oldmovie said…
^^But for images you should credit when posting them in a spot.

Everythingmatters, you can take icons to use as your personal picture, I'm sure no-one will mind. In fact most of the icons posted here aren't actually made by the users ;) So it would be pretty strange if they got angry.
over a year ago Evrythingmaters said…
ermmm..... sorry! (again)
what is crediting? I dont understand!

lol I think I left my brain on the bus....
when you credit someone you tell he/her is the owner and/or the one who posted/has the icon.

e.x: credit:amberRocks
WAIT!! I get it :)
finally....
Thanks everyone!!
Im going to go and choose a really nice personal icon thing now :D
*hugs everyone*
Group hug!! :)
*hugs one of my favourite persons in the spot!*
And OMG Evrythingmaters guess what!I earned a hameron green medal!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Go my best bud!!!
Congrats!! :D
*bear hug*
Yayyyyyy!!! ahhh well done :D You really deserve it! Lets celebrate!
*hands out chanpagne* :D