Harper's Island Who is the killer (s)?

cdnharperfan posted on May 13, 2009 at 02:54PM
I normally don't like shows that are intense (can't watch horror films because I scare easily). However, I'm finding I am hooked on Harper's Island and glad that there is an outlet where I can share my views with others. Luckily *smile* I have a PVR and can fastforward through the "gruesome murders" (though I find myself rewinding and Lord help me if I can't watch to see if what I thought I saw happen...did indeed happen).

Be that as it may, I have some thoughts as to what I think is happening and why. In my humble opinion, John Wakefield IS NOT dead but very much alive. I believe he is carrying on his "legacy of evil" but not responsible for all of the murders. Though I don't have a handle on who the other killer is, it's obvious it's someone involved directly (or indirectly) with the wedding. After all, the very first murder took place on the mainland. Trying to find a susupect is tricky as there are so many twists and turns and a lot of unanswered questions. Like, the Uncle in the first episode did have a gun and money in his posession. Was that weapon and cash the same that was found in the boat by Hunter before he met his untimely demise? And, did Booth's gun really go off accidently, or did someone shoot him? That question I ask because it's coincidental that (and this I say because I am in the medical profession), it appears he would have had to hit a major artery in his leg to have "bled out" that quickly. If, as I suspect, someone shot him, they would have known where to aim to hit an artery to kill him that fast. Neither he nor his friend would have seen it coming and of course made the conclusion that the gun he was holdiing went off 'accidentally'. As I mentioned before, these are just my humble opinions and I look forward to any and all rebuttals. As with you all...I look forward each week to the next episode.

Harper's Island 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago tinkymel said…
Well I am glad you joined this wonder full spot. If you have an idea please share it on the pick section too. Also welcome to our little peice of Fanpop.
over a year ago coolguy111606 said…
About Uncle Marty's bag, it was the exact same looking as the one on Hunter's boat, but it was missing something else that may or not be important.

Also for Booth's death scene, we need to remember they don't want to make the death scenes too long, so a lot of fake blood coming out all at once would be a lot quicker, then what would probably happen in real life.
over a year ago prettyandpink2 said…
cloudy
Well, I always thought Maggie was the Killer but then in episode 10 she died. So, my guesses as to who the Killer might be are Henry because look at the killers handwriting its Henry's

Here is the note he left for Trish, pretending it was from Hunter. Every letter is capitalized. But the first letter of each word is bigger than the rest of the word. And the "M" is crisscrossed in the middle.

link g

Now this is the note left by the killer for the Sheriff to find. Every letter is also capitalized and the first letter of each word is bigger than the rest of the word too. Also the "M" is crisscrossed in the middle too.

link g

The guest list is also written with all Capital letters, the first letter being bigger than the rest of the word. And the "M" is crisscrossed. Henry may have very well organized the guest positions for his own wedding.

link g

But the note left for Henry telling him that Hunter was at the hotel has different handwriting. Therefore I don't think it was the killer who left that note for him.

link g

And, for Nikki why would they keep her on if she only knows Abby? She either A has to be the Killer or B be wakefields kid...Also Nikki does not have an alibi for most of the episodes....
over a year ago rich872 said…
wakefield is back...jimmy is a criminal too...did you see the scenes for next epsoide? he had a mug shot? i don't know i never saw it long enough...
over a year ago Jenna_Cullen_16 said…
Wakefeild is back in black.... and abby is gonna have a big surprise on the finale idk what happens but if anybody knows plzzzz tell me oh and JIMMY IS THE OTHER KILLER!!!!!! OME!!! (oh my elephant)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago beatrice1979a said…
heart
I am with Jenna. I've been loving this character Jimmy for weeks. And he must be the killer and wakefield's son. Poor Jimmy must have turned crazy as he knew that he was Abby's half brother... poor lovers.
over a year ago Helen-Lover said…
cool
The killer is henry