Harper's Island What are your theories? (Spoilers; in-depth...ish)

-3t0il3_D- posted on Apr 30, 2009 at 12:45AM
...Yeah.

Basically, just list each person you think did it, their reasons/why you think they did it, and who the next person might be.

My next post will be my own personal theories, you don't have to follow the example tho. ...>>"

Harper's Island 83 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 83

over a year ago -3t0il3_D- said…
This is long...>>" (Wellington's is by far the longest)

Current possibilities:
-Wellington
-Chloe
-Wakefield

Old possibilities:
-Shane
-Madison
-Abby
-JD

Victims as of third episode:
Cousin Ben
Uncle Marty
Reverend
Kelly ->found
Lucy
Hunter

The "Almost Victim":
Cal

Wellington, to me, makes the most sense. His overall motive would be that he doesn't want the wedding to occur. Although that in and of itself could disprove it. Couldn't he just call it off? Maybe in a twisted, roundabout way he's trying to do that without directly hurting Patricia. But then why kill Ben? If only he hadn't died in the first five minutes. Grr. Since he didn't have time to interact with anyone, the only reason I can think of is he was in favour of the wedding. He was probably killed the way that he was because Wellington wanted to make sure that Ben wouldn't get on the boat (at least, not the traditional way O.o) and therefore he could just tell Patricia that Ben wasn't coming. 'Cause if he showed up and then went missing on the island without an explanation, that would probably hurt Patricia. But still, that's a pretty psychotic way to kill your nephew. Decapitation by boat. O.o I assume that as time moves on, the questions here will be answered. It's only the third episode. The next person to die was Marty. There are two reasons why he would be killed by Wellington: (a) he seemed like a threat (that conversation they had, Marty said "...protect people like Henry from people like you."; apparently Wellington took that as a threat according to Wikipedia), or (b) he's related to Henry. I'll go with (b) since that's the only one I planned out. I assume that with that, Wellington would either be trying to scare Henry off the island or depress him to the point where he wouldn't want to do anything, let alone get married. but following this logic, JD would most likely be dead by now. So, (a) he's somehow beneficial to Wellington, which I highly doubt, or (b) he's planning to do something else with JD. Which brings us to Kelly (yes, I skipped the reverend, he's after this). This is all speculation. Somehow, Wellington found out that JD was with Kelly that day. He took that as an opportunity to possibly frame JD. After JD left her house, Wellington killed Kelly hoping that someone would suspect JD for it. Maybe he knew Shane would do something. Of course, that was all grasping. And then there's the reverend. This is obvious. He was the one who would wed Henry and Patricia. Wellington doesn't think Henry's right for the family, he doesn't want them to marry, simple solution: kill the reverend, no wedding. The last one that has an explanation is Hunter. Hunter was "hired" by Wellington to break up the wedding since they both thought Patricia still had feelings for the former. When Hunter failed and threatened to tell Patricia the truth, Wellington killed him by rigging his getaway boat. It makes sense. And then there's the one that doesn't make sense whatsoever. Lucy. There's no reason for Wellington to kill her. I guess if someone came across her ashes and figured out they were human (which would take a while, wouldn't you want a whole body?), that would instill enough fear in people that the wedding would have to be called off. But that depends entirely on another person. The benefits do not outweigh the risks. So, (a) there's some hidden reason that will be explained later, (b) Wellington didn't do any of it, or (c) there's another person who did just that one while Wellington did the others, whether or not either knew about the other. Who's next? Most likely JD, seeing as the alleged plan with Kelly didn't work and he's related to Henry. Maybe Henry himself, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

I also thought that Shane did it in the beginning. But then I realised that he's just an ass, he wouldn't kill anyone. Not to mention he didn't have the opportunity to kill Ben, nor the motive. Nor would he have the motive to kill anyone else. And the scene with JD in episode three kind of disproves it.

At one point, I thought Madison had done it. Although I feel something's not right with her, I highly doubt that she could have killed anyone because of her age and size.

And then, really grasping her, I thought of Abby. Maybe she was just insane. Losing her mother like that, and seeing the corpse could have made her literally crazy. Maybe she's hallucinating, thinks she didn't do it but rather someone else did. I don't know. Look up Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onisarashi-hen on Wikipedia to see what I'm talking about. The same thing happens to the main girl in the series. But she neither had the motive nor the opportunity to kill most of them.

And then there's Chloe. As we all know, she appears to have some weird obsession with Wakefield. Maybe her obsession drove her to insanity (not full-out insanity, insanity where one can appear to be perfectly sane), and she's trying to recreate the events of seven years ago. Except in a weird, more twisted way. Maybe that's why even though Cal was caught in a trap, he wasn't killed. Who's next? Who knows. With psychos, you can never tell.

At one point I thought JD had done it. Half of it was the deer incident, half of it was stereotypical bullshit. Episode three disproved it though.

And here's the really twisted one: Wakefield. See, my friend gave me the idea for this fanfic where John has a brother (OC) who took part in the past murders. But he escaped from jail before he could be executed. The police said he died to avoid public panic, and created a false grave next to John's. And then his daughter (another OC) has a theory that her father committed the recent murders. I thought that maybe something like that happened in the series. No one was at the burial, Wakefield was not permitted to be buried in the cemetary, and I don't think the execution was made public. No one saw any proof that Wakefield died. All we have is a gravestone that could be fake and the police's word. From here on, this is all speculation. Maybe Wakefield somehow escaped. Maybe all of this is Wakefield's doing. Maybe Kelly was right, maybe Wakefield was following her (this would lead me to believe that whoever said Kelly killed herself so Wakefield couldn't was right). Hey, I'm just looking for someone to have committed all the murders logically. This is the one that grasps the most, yet, awkwardly, makes the most sense to me. (There is Wellington, but that's only if Wakefield's not alive.) Who's next? Again, just as with Chloe, there's no way to know. It could be anyone.

...I just hope it's not JD. ;w;
over a year ago coolguy111606 said…
You forgot to add JD to the almost victim list (getting ran over by Shane's truck)

For Wellington being the killer is a well-thought out explaination, but there are a few flaws:

1. The paper telling the Sheriff to find "me" stated the John Wakefield's motives were unknown, so thats what I'm betting Cousin Ben, Uncle Marty, and Lucy all died for.

2. In Hunter Jennings boat, there was Uncle Marty's bag full of money, if Mr. Wellington did it, why would he leave .5k+ dollars in a boat that he might not see again.

3. The killer used Uncle Marty's phone to text to Henry that he is ok. Thomas is too old to text.

I'm pretty sure every theory (but one) has flaws in it, but those factors probably won't stop him if he was indeed the killer.
I thought about adding him, but I figured it disproved more than it proved anything so I left him out. ^^;

1- I'm not quite sure what you mean. ^^;
2- Obviously, Wellington is a pretty rich man. The money in the bag probably meant nothing to him. That's just my guess though.
3- I'm pretty sure Wellington might text. Rarely, but he might. And, he might have been trying to think up an excuse so they wouldn't go looking for Marty.
...But wait, wouldn't that defeat the purpose? Wouldn't he kind of want it to be found? So that Henry would be affected so the wedding would be called off? o.o (Although I think he'll be found next episode, after reading a description I saw.)
1- actually doesn't really apply much.
2- Now that I saw this episode, I can see why the money was left in the boat, but that theory I'm keeping to myself.
3- Suppose to be a joke

This episode gave me a new theory now, so I'm hoping its right.
over a year ago tinkymel said…
There was already a forum for this. Let's try to keep everything together. Not trying to be mean, but I like being able to go to one place for things.

link
last edited over a year ago
@ tinkymel
I'm aware of that, I just created this for more in-depth stuff. I noticed the other forum only has one or two sentences per post.
(I do warn against spoilers and in-depthness.)
...I'm sorry. >>"
Additions after episode four:

Current possibilities:
Wellington
Chloe
Wakefield

The alleged "accomplice":
Madison

Victims:
Ben
Uncle Marty
Reverend
Kelly ->found
Lucy
Hunter ->found, though unable to be identified
Booth ->"found", I suppose

This episode really doesn't change much, since Booth was an accidental suicide. The only things that would change anything are:
-what Karena said to Abby (he's coming for you, he won't stop, etc.)
-the destruction of all the china
-the newspapers with all the articles on the Wakefield murders

With Wellington, nothing changes.

With Chloe, it's possible that she knew Abby was going to the news place and asked for the articles knowing that Abby would find it, due to Chloe's weird obsession with Wakefield. But Karena said he was coming for Abby, not she.

With Wakefield, if he's still alive as explained in my previous post, he's probably stalking Abby, to state the obvious there. At first, I thought maybe Shane was just trying to mess with her head, but last episode he was arrested, so.... But this would explain all of them. The 'he' that Karena mentioned would be Wakefield, he's breaking the china to freak out everyone (maybe specifically Abby), and he might have known Abby was going to the news place so he asked for the articles to freak her out. This would also explain the newsclipping on Abby's mirror at the end of episode one.

About Madison, dubbed the alleged "accomplice". There is something not right about this girl. As stated in my first post, Madison could not do it alone because of her age and size. But she knows too much for a 7~10-year-old girl. She would have been, at the most, three years old or so. But, as I said, she knows way too damn much. That scene where Abby found her, "One by one, one by one...I won't get to be a flower girl, Abby...The spirits told me." In the second or third episode, when she asked her mother if people died there, somebody had to tell her. And focusing on the "one by one". As much as I can tell, the past murders were pretty close together. The recent murders are farther apart. "One by one" people on the island are dying, coincidentally the people who do not live on the island. (And even then, the only one she would have heard about now would be Kelly, since Henry and the groomsmen didn't say anything abou Hunter, and Malcolm didn't say anything about Booth.) I swear to god, Madison knows something. Things possibly only the killer would know.

A couple questions on Henry and JD:
-In the first episode, Henry said their parents died. Does anyone possibly know if they were killed by Wakefield, or has the way they died not been revealed anywhere yet?
-And, also, does anyone know if during the past seven years either one visited the island?
My theory on the John Wakefield having a connection with the murders, is that his spirit, still roams the island, and is able to make contact with some (Kelly, Madison, Chloe[? I think she's the killer is why]).

To answer your questions, as best as possible:
Henry's parents were not killed by John Wakefield, but how they died is still unknown.
It is said that Henry use to work on the island over the summer, but I don't think they have, since Maggie (in the first episode) said "I haven't seen you in years" or something along those lines.
Thanks, coolguy.

Current possibilities:
-Chloe
-Wakefield

Old possibilities:
-Wellington

The "alleged accomplice":
-Madison
-JD, even?

Victims:
Ben ->found?
Uncle Marty
Reverend ->found?
Kelly ->found
Lucy
Hunter ->found, though unable to be identified
Booth ->"found", I suppose
Wellington ->presumably, unless he somehow dodged it (which I doubt)

After viewing the fifth episode, Wellington is definitely out.
My suspicion of Wakefield's direct or indirect connection to the recent murders is heightened, due to two events: the dog set on Wellington and Patricia (was it just me or did the guy who set the dog on them look a little like the picture that Mills had?), and the articles and pictures in Mills' attic (even though that all could be a form of paranoia).
Nothing has changed about Chloe, seeing as she did not appear in this episode.
Although I briefly thought that JD was the murderer again, I realised that even though the characters who are not suspects know of only 1~3 deaths (depending on the character; now 2~5), the viewers' omniscent POV disproves this theory. He does not have the opportunity for enough of the deaths for this theory to be correct.
I'm still not sure what to think of Madison.

Who's next?
Y'know, JD's got a lot against him right now.
Henry might just snap.
And then I'd have no motive to watch anymore. ;w;

And was it me, or did they say at the end of airing it last night that they wouldn't show the next episode for two weeks? If that's true, does anyone know why?
Did Wellington die? It ended so fast that I couldn't tell?
Oh yeah, Wellington died.
The frame right before it goes black (this is probably due to censoring, they can't exactly show a guy's head or being split down the centre [although I'm pretty sure they could show it afterwards, I'm not sure though]), if you look closely, you can see the blade directly above his head.
The edit button doesn't seem to be working for me.
After re-viewing the episode: when the dismembered body was discovered by Charlie, I hadn't heard him correctly the first time because my friend said something. I thought he said something along the lines of "Oh my god" as opposed to what he really said, "Reverend Fain". So disregard where it says 'Ben ->found?' in that post, and the question mark after 'Reverend ->found'.
Yeah, the next episode isn't till 2 weeks, CBS didn't give an explanation for it (in fact there running reruns of CSI in its place). Fans on the CBS forum say that just means its closer to being cancelled.

Also the guy with the burnt face who released the dog on Thomas and Trish was not John Wakefield, he ****Spoiler**** is Cole Hankin. ****Spoiler gone****

Also while reading fan forum, I found a really good explanation for 2 other suspects with very avoidable allibys, but as I'm out of time today, I'll go into that tomorrow.
I better not be cancelled. D<
It's like almost halfway through. D<
Grr. People suck. D<

Who's Cole Hankin? o.o
CBS just needs to have a one-day marathon of HI, and then the fans will be satisfied, and its off their showing list.

But I think 3 shows are ending their series around this time, maybe that will help it not get canceled (Survivor, Amazing Race, and one other one).

Cole Hankin is a survivor of one of John Wakefield's murder attempts. Although he didn't die, he got 3rd defree burns on most of his body and the right side of his face.

Alright, back to the 2 theories that I though were really good.

Maggie Krell, the Wedding Planner:

-Her wereabouts are unknown for every single murder, and her wereabouts even prove her guiltiness in the death of the reverend. (She is seen alone with him shortly before he is murdered.)

- Right before the reverend is murdered, he is seen talking to Maggie. She gives him a bag of stuff, knowing he would shortly be leaving. She followed him and decapitated him in the woods. The reason for this is so that she can take over the wedding rehearsal and killMr. Wellington.

- When Lucy falls into the ditch, you see the killer's hand pulling a match out of a small box. On the box is written"Candlewick Inn." Maggie is the manager of the Candlewick Inn, and has easy access to those specific matches.

-When Hunter is killed on the boat, for a short second, it shows a small plaque on the shotgun that says"made for the Candlewick Inn." Only maggie would have access to the Inn's shotgun as she is the manager.

- During the wedding rehearsal, Maggie is in charge. She has everyone in certain positions, and knows where every single person is. As soon as she sees that her target, Mr. Wellington, is under the chandelier, she tells someone to hit the lights, knowing that it would trigger the trap.

- Maggie is the one who organized the scavenger hunt,knowing it would seperate everyone.

- When Maggie is talking to Henry, the little girl and JD throw firecrackers next to them. Maggie sees JD do this. She then takes a firecracker they threw at her, and places it in the church. She frames JD, knowing Henry will think it is JD, thus seperating them. Henry tells JD that "he doesn't want to see him anymore."This will probably cause JD to leave the island, meaning he will be singled out and killed.

All the points above were copied from a forum post that I agree with, and here are my thoughts below:

She knows the island well, and everything needed for the wedding to get cancelled. She was the one to report the dishes breaking (and was the first to bring it up). She knew about Kelly's mom dieing, thereby knowing that she would be the perfect one to kill.

She also had the ability to rig the boat Hunter Jennings rode from the Candlewick Inn. Finally, she was also the one to tell someone to turn off the lights right when Thomas Wellington was under the chandiler (which according to her everything-must-be-ready style should've already been turned off).

She also was there during the killings of John Wakefield, and even had a quote in the newspaper. Also she seems very content with her lifestyle which means money probably wouldn't mean much to her (explains her leaving Uncle Marty's bag)

Problems: Not really any known reason why she would do all this, she also seems to really like the all the ex-islanders back. The first episode basically is the only episode that proves against her, b/c she was never seen in the same scene as Uncle Marty, and wasn't on the boat to kill Cousin Ben.

Well, the other one was Henry Dunn, but there are more problems for him to be the murder than positives...so I don't think its him.
I was thinking in algebra class today about all the people in the show and whether or not they could have killed (order is how Wikipedia orders them prior to episode 4):

-Abigail (presumed name) Mills --> no motive or opportunity
-Henry Dunn --> no motive and/or opportunity--motive against it: Patricia
-Patricia Wellington --> doesn't appear to have the mental capacity to kill
-Chloe Carter --> Possibly, due to only her obsession with Wakefield; has no alibi for almost all of the murders
-Cal Vandeusen --> doesn't appear to have the mental capacity to kill
-Thomas Wellington --> seventh victim
-Charles (presumed name) Mills --> think about it, does he really seem like a serial killer? Although, maybe it's like Chloe, maybe he became a little too obsessed with Wakefield
-Jimmy Mance --> doesn't appear to have the mental capacity to kill
-JD Dunn --> possible conspirator; episode five--but no opportunity for Ben, and why kill Marty? And I don't think he knew about Hunter
-Christopher "Sully" Sullivan --> he's just an ass, he wouldn't kill anyone
-Hunter Jennings --> sixth victim
-Marty Dunn --> second victim
-Doctor Campbell --> try to convince me he's the killer
-Robin Matthews --> a little creepy, but until I know more about her I can't tell
-Shea Allen --> doesn't seem to have the mental capacity
-Richard Allen --> nothing to outright prove it, but nothing to disrove it either
-Madison Allen --> possible conspirator; creepy, knows a little too much for someone her age; "one by one..." scene
-Katherine Wellington --> things to prove it are quickly disproven; think about it, I know they're there, I just forgot them ^^"
-Daniel (presumed name) Brooks --> doesn't seem to have the mental capacity
-Malcolm Ross --> he wouldn't kill anyone unless it really benefitted him, but doesn't seem to have the mental capacity
-Joel Booth --> definitely doesn't have the mental capacity
-Bethany (presumed name) Barrington --> doesn't seem to have the mental capacity
-Shane Pierce --> he's just an ass, wouldn't kill anyone; is being held in jail after episode three
-Nikki Bolton --> tough, but probably wouldn't kill without a damn good reason; definitely didn't kill Kelly
-Maggie Krell --> possible, thanks to coolguy111606's previous post; motive and opportunity for some killings, but not all
-Kelly Seaver --> fourth victim
-Lucy Daramour --> even if she wasn't the fifth victim, she didn't have the mental capacity for much of anything, much less killing
-Reverend Fain --> third victim
-Benjamin (presumed name) Wellington --> first victim
-John Wakefield --> read any of my previous posts
-Cole Hankin --> I'm not sure
Looks like the list I made in the article section.
you know, the murderer is listed within the 25 main characters, (but that doesn't mean they are the only ones to die).

Oh yeah, more info on Cole Hankin, he is the ex-deputy of Harper's island, I think he resigned after his incident with John Wakefield.
I think it's just a little too early in the series to tell exactly who it is.

...But according to my mom, no matter who the killer is, it'll be a cliché ending.
I guess it all depends on how it's done.

And on the fact that there's no episode this weekend, (according to my mother again) that might be due to the fact that it would end on the fourth of July, and CBS knew no one would watch it then.(Especially since in Canada it airs on Thursdays still.)
...Hopefully that's the reason.
Possibilities:
Hankin
Wakefield
Charlie

Old possibilities:
Chloe

Alleged accomplice:
JD (with Hankin)

Victims:
Ben, decapitated by boat
Marty, chopped in half --> found (it’s about damn time) fourth by JD and Abby
Reverend, trapped and decapitated, later dismembered --> found third by Charlie and Deputy
Kelly, hung with eyes injected with red ink --> found first by Nikki
Lucy, burned
Hunter, shot by a trap --> found second by groomsmen, sunk
Booth, shot himself --> in front of and buried by Malcolm
Wellington, split down center --> at wedding rehearsal
Richard, impaled with harpoon before being dragged away
Total: 9, averaging 1.5 per episode (yes I calculated, I’m bored)

Oh dear. Oh my.
Oh the fun I’ll have in my fanfic.

I don’t think it was Chloe anymore because after seeing more of her, I don’t believe she has the mental capacity to kill one person, let alone nine.

I’ll start with Charlie’s, since it requires the least explaining. His obsession could have driven him to insanity, causing him to recreate the Wakefield murders. He’s obviously hiding something about Wakefield.
But he had no opportunity for Ben, and I don’t think JD is conspiring with him.

Wakefield. Who’s to say that body is Wakefield’s? Could be a cover-up by Charlie. All those years, maybe it was Wakefield. (This one actually required the least explaining.)

Hankin. Could be his way of revenge, I suppose...insane people do have weird motives (near-death experiences can cause insanity).
To put it bluntly, Hankin and JD are accomplices. JD is most likely the scapegoat.
Ben: this is most likely JD’s doing. No one really knows where he was. And Hankin was probably on the island.
Marty: Could be either one. JD because, according to Henry, he “hated Marty”; other reason listed at end. Hankin because maybe JD did something that Hankin didn’t like and got back at him (has anyone noticed there seems to be an abundance of passive-aggressive people on the island?). Or maybe they killed him for the sake of killing him.
Reverend: probably JD because he didn’t want Henry to be married.
Kelly: I’m leaning towards Hankin, since JD claimed to like Kelly. Maybe JD told her something he shouldn’t have. Maybe JD killed her for the sake of killing her, and he said he liked Kelly to make Charlie think he wasn’t the killer.
Lucy: Probably a random killing just for the sake of killing.
Hunter: Since Marty’s bag was in there, I’m thinking maybe Hankin or JD intended that for someone else since I don’t think either knew Hunter was there. But maybe they did and it was meant for him.
Booth: I choose to believe he shot himself. He was putting the gun down, he was a little careless, it slipped the wrong way, and bam! he hit a vein and died.
Wellington: probably JD. “firecracker” my ass. Same reason the reverend was probably killed and possibly Marty.
Richard: probably killing for the sake of killing
Why JD? Why not someone else? I think JD was jealous of Henry. He was getting married to the girl he loved, a beautiful one, who was a Wellington. I think JD was jealous of Henry’s happiness, since JD never really seemed too happy. That’s probably why Marty, the reverend, and Wellington was killed; so there’d be no wedding. No wedding --> Henry’s not happy. JD also claimed to dislike Henry (to Madison, episode five: “Just because you’re related to someone doesn’t mean you have to like them.”). So when whatever happened to form the alliance between JD and Hankin occurred, JD was more than happy to.
Who’s next? Due to previews, I have to say JD. As I’ve stated, he’s most likely a scapegoat. My guess is: People begin to really suspect him --> caught --> possibly arrested --> killed by Hankin or maybe even himself.
over a year ago ineedcoffee said…
laugh
ok nothing like you guys just a gut feeling and a creepiness vibe I got off one scene I think the killer is CAL. I have nothing to go on and nothing to explain but I have a hunch but a hunch doesn't help...lol

now watch it be someone like Beth...:)
smile
Ummmm by the way there is a whole area where the victims and suspects are updated after every episode. Just thought you would like to know.
smile
@tinkymel

I did not know that, but...um...I put the lists there each time because it helps me remember stuff. *has a horrible memory*

@ineedcoffee

What scene did you get that from

EDIT (for previous post):
I looked up Hankin, and I found out his last name was Harkin. The edit button on the post is messing up (damn dialup never loads anything), so...yeah. Minor detail, but it bothers me...>>"
hmmm
the bedroom scene where she and him are going to sleep and he rolls over he was a tad creepy like he could be killing for her.
RANDOM:
There should be a section for fanfictions somewhere on the site, like in the forums or something...>>"
My brother and I discussed about JD, we say he is too obvious as a suspect. (I even think he will die soon). We also thought Thomas Wellington and Richard were also two obvious suspects, and they both died.

There are a lot of flaws in JD being the killer, but also a lot of pros too, but I'm too tired to think of them right now.

One thing I'm thinking of right now, is why did Madison unlock the door? My theory is that she has a strong connection with Wakefield's spirit, and that he influenced her to get JD out, so that he can do the killing. But then why run to Harkin (also nice find on the correct spelling).

Also note that Maggie had the key to were JD was being locked.

Thats all I'm going to point out now, maybe I'll review later, and come up with something good.
@coolguy

About Maggie having the key, I believe that the room was part of the inn, since they (Mills, Abby, JD, and Henry) were outside of it before Mills dragged JD inside; Abby and Henry were talking outside of it afterwards.

As I've said, he's possibly conspiring with Harkin. That doesn't mean it's all JD, that doesn't mean it's all Harkin. But that also doesn't mean that I necessarily believe this. But that endscene of the recent episode, and...other things I'm too lazy to explain right now that I probably already mentioned kind of make me lean toward it.

Personally, I think Madison unlocked him because she considered him her friend.

I also believed (and still believe) that JD is too obvious a suspect, especially after Kelly's death, but we have to work with what we're given and I've worked out that he's a possible conspirator with Harkin. (I actually thought it was Mills during that episode up until that last scene, though I'm still not entirely convinced he's not the killer. o.o)

You also have to realise that Harkin was holding what appeared to me to be some sort of harpoon gun when JD walked in. I just wish my internet was faster so I could take screencaps to show it. And neither Harkin nor JD seemed surprised that either was there.

Another thing, what reason would JD have for going back to the island? As he's stated, he believes pretty much everyone hates him. Also, he has no part in the wedding and claims to dislike Henry.

Also, unrelated-ish, did you hit submit twice or something? Because I think your post appeared twice. @.@

Asking anyone's opinion:
...What if I posted a thread with my fanfic of the series (one chapter a post) once it's ready? ...>>"
...I'm assuming people would reject it or something, but...I'm just wondering....>>"
Well the next episode might answer the question of why JD went to Harkin. And I think he was holding a harpoon too, but then why would JD being running back, and not Harkin?

I think JD went to the wedding b/c it is his brother's. I mean they might not get along well, but they're still family, and should support each other.

Oh, and yeah I did post my message twice, I just didn't notice cause one was on one page, and the other on the other.
Add it then. We would love to see our fan fic.
@coolguy
JD was running back from seeing Abby and Henry dig up Wakefield's grave. (It took me until the second time watching it to catch that.)

@tinkymel
Once a couple chapters are written, I'll start posting it. I tend to get writer's block that can last for a looooong time. @.@
hmmm
Oh yeah, that may be right, but would Harkin really be able to beat JD back, while carrying/hiding a dead body?

Oh yeah, what is a fan fic? It sounds familiar, but I'm having a block, and can't remember what it is. (its that situation where when you tell me I'll hit myself on the head).
over a year ago Dead-Or-Alive said…
Hi i'm new here and I was thinking about the past episodes and something struck me.

Now this may be totally out of the water or could make a lot of sense.

Henry is the reason people came BACK to the island after he knew exactly what went on...

and when Trish and Wellington came back from the woods, Henry ran over to her and didn't even ask if she was okay. He asked her whether her father was "okay".
This is the same man who threatened Wellington that he wouldn't let him get in the way of them getting married. Then suddenly he wants to know if he is alright. Henry doesn't like Trish's dad.

Also he took charge of the rehersal, and was in the Church. He had time to set everything up...

Yeah I know it's a long shot but just think about it lol.

Maybe he doesn't want to get married and is only using it to get back at everyone for the way he was treated when he was the poor guy (this is only speculation)
Hey, welcome to the site!

As for Henry being the killer, there are a good amount of pros to it, but also a lot of negatives.

Also if he didn't want to get married, then he wouldn't have proposed, and I don't think he was mistreated much when he was poor, as he seems to have good friends (the bachelors, Abby, Trish).

Well, once again, welcome to the club!
over a year ago rawritsellie said…
heart
I'm new to the site too, and was just reading all your theories and found that some were very similar to mine. As for the "Abby or Henry is the killer," in the first episode when Henry is pulling Abby away from the tree where Wakefield hung his victims, you can see the killer in the shadows at the end of the scene.
cloudy
Hey, welcome to the site too!

As for that person stalking them, that may or may not be the killer. Some people say they think that person is holding a dog leash, not a weapon. In my opinion, I think that is Cole Harkin or Andy Cullen.

Well, I'm glad to see some more detectives on the case, now there is more chance for someone to get something right.
over a year ago josaphinda said…
I think it's Jimmy.....very cliche 'teen horror' storyline if it is, I'll be annoyed it if is cos it isn't very original and the show has been really good so far but we'll wait and see. He keeps cropping up at strange times and has stayed under the radar enough for you to dismiss him as a suspect (classic formula), he's getting Abby back for leaving and breaking his heart and there will be another motive that is slowly unveiled, possibly has a link to Wakefield from the earlier murders??
over a year ago 4pure said…
i dont think maggie had a part in the murders. in her bio she is labeled the wedding planner. with a wedding with a rich family willing to pay for w/e so the wedding will go off perfectly i'd think she'd want to keep the wedding going so she can get paid. i think that the murder of mr. wellington was meant for anyone. i believe the point of that murder was to create that atmosphere or state of sorrow whenever they walk into the chapel and can't help thinking about the gorey murder there.

i think madison is either in on it or just knows too much and that is the reason she's being kidnapped.

i want to think beth did it or she had help.
Beth Barrington (played by Amber Borycki) is a bridesmaid and Trish's former college roommate. She's beautiful, energetic and athletic. Though she didn't grow up as privileged as Trish, she's very comfortable in that world.

maybe she is jealous of Trish for getting whatever she wants. it says she is athletic so she might be strong enough to set up those traps. If she was the accomplise or had an accomplice i'd guess it to be Jimmy. she's single and jimmy might still resent abby or abby's father because in a flashback it said her father never really liked him going out with her. He seems to know the island well.

Both aren't shown as the main focus a lot and i like the idea of those two together.

i think maggie or shane will be the next victims after watching the latest episode
just my 2 cents.
It would be funny if it's someone that's already dead... Like Booth... Yeah he shot himself but maybe he did that to go undected and allowed them to bury him...

Also (don't know he name) but the blonde haired guy who is one of the bachelors said "we won't know where he is if (the fat guy) is dead" I don't know but maybe...

Also what's up with the whole Henry thing? He was standing over Abby with blood covering his hands...
monkey
Blonde haired guy is Sully, and the fat guy if Malcolm. (:
If it was someone who was already dead, (like Booth) then who killed JD/Cole Harkin/Deputy Garrett?
I'm sad that J.D. died as I liked him, but I don't think Henry did it. Is it possible that someone else's been killed or he's found another body? Who died recently that could've been found?

I'm probably completely wrong, but I had a thought that maybe Abby and Jimmy are working together. Jimmy's knowledge of the island added to Abby's knowledge of Wakefields murders combined could make a pretty good killing duo.

Coolguy, thank you for proving me wrong! I've just watched that part again and I can clearly see the clip part of a dog lead in the persons hand. :)
big smile
Dead or Alive, did you mean like that Booth wasn't really dead?
Because I've just remembered, in the "coming up on Harpers Island" at the end of episode 2, there's a hand coming up from buried underground. I'm all excited now!
Yeah that's what I meant haha.

I think when he 'shot' himself it didn't look very convincing. Also as said before there is the slight references to him still... "Has anyone seen Booth", "If Malcolm's gone then we'll never find booth"

Maybe Booth killed Malcolm so that he wouldn't tell everyone where he was buried because he had secretly escaped.
I'm sure there's more to it.

The whole "It's all about you Abby" thing throws me off track.
Also it can't be people that were already on the island. It has to be one of the people on the boat because of the whole cousin Ben getting killed.

Also someone brought to my attention a similarity... Wakefeild murdered Abby's mum because she left him.. Well Abby left Jimmy heart broken on the island. He is always showing up at random times.
over a year ago bluedudeman said…
Wouldn't Shane be the killer of Cole Harkin (the former deputy). He was let out of the jail cell for telling Abby and Jimmy where the sheriff went. Then before Abby and Jimmy show up, Harkin is shot with arrows. The same arrows Shane was using early on when he and Jimmy were deer hunting? That's what I thought of when I first saw it. I could easily be wrong though :)
smile
Maybe Jimmy's killing everyone because of some sort of sick, obsessive thing about Abby? In episode two you see Jimmy shooting deer with the same arrows used to kill Cole Harkin. Are his wherabouts known for any of the murders? I can't think of any.

I think the Booth idea's quite possible, and I'd like to think that a "geek" could be capable of all the murders.
If Booth IS dead, I was thinking maybe Cal killed him? He's a doctor and would know exactly where the artery was to kill him, plus when Cal was hung upside down he didnt get killed (like the reverend did.) Maybe he was just stupid enough to fall into his own trap?
I really hope its not Cal, and I don't want him to die either, he's just so cute, lols. I envy Chloe. ):
bluedudeman, looks like we were thinking the same thing with the arrows, just different people.
forgot that shane was let out, he seems more likely to kill that jimmy does...
over a year ago kennamoomoo said…
it could be jimmy because he never forgave abby for just leaving him because he loved and he saved her life. he is never around other people when someone is being killed, and when cal is hung upside down is when he is with abby so he never had the chance to go kill him. he was meeting with abby's dad so he would have known when abby was going to arrive back to the island and he would have been able to take his boat to the mainland and could have tied up ben under the boat and then gone back to the island. hes definitely strong enough to be able to kill all these people. the only thing ive found wrong with this is that on this last episode, jimmy and abby were together when harkin was killed so he wouldnt have had a chance to kill him without being seen. so maybe that throws my whole idea out the window, not really sure... i cant wait for the next episode!
I actually don't think its Jimmy. B/c in the beginning of the last episode (as they were preparing to leave) Abby asks will Jimmy visit, and even offers Jimmy to join them. Jimmy denies, says he has work to do at the island (although now he might change his mind).

In my opinion, he and Abby look like they are back together again. Which would confuse me on why would Jimmy keep killing after he met his goal?

To 4pure:
Whoever the killer is, is not after money. B/c of Uncle Marty's bag being left in Hunter Jenning's boat. So if it is Maggie she wouldn't really care about the money from the wedding, she just wanted to complete her unknown goal (or whoever the killer is if she isn't it).

Even though I think Maggie is the killer, I wouldn't be suprised if she died in the next 3 episodes. (if she doesn't die by then, I'm pretty sure she is the killer).

Also I got new points on why I think Maggie is the killer:
1. The lights turn off, and Maggie is the one who checks the fuse box alone, and reports that it is ok (but they never filmed her checking).
2. She sent ALL the employees away, which I thought was weird
3. She is the one who gave out the guns, (when she didn't even have to mention them at all).
4. When the killings happen, Maggie is not with anyone else. Even though I think someone said for no one to split up.

Also for the Booth still being alive idea, I would actually like to see that happen as a twist, even though I actually think he is dead, (b/c the show promises a death in every episode guarantee).

Also I want to point out a few important stuff that might be small or not:
1. Madison calls and says, "Abby, I'm suppose to tell you, if anyone leaves the island, I'll die." - in my opinion, she sounded very calm, and used the word "suppose" - might mean something, might not.
2. The deputy that got shot, I THINK is the same deputy that helped the sheriff check all the rooms during the inspection.
3. Chloe's has great detective skills: she mentions all the names of the people who hasn't been seen in a while, and says they might be dead (and they all were). Names she mentioned: Cousin Ben, Lucy, Malcolm, and Booth.
4. The groomsmen still haven't said anything about the money or the dead body they found on the boat, and want to unbury Booth.

Sorry for the message being so long, just today is my last day before going on an 11 day trip, so I'm not going to be on in a while, but to wrap things up, I'm going to post my top most likely killers and victims.

Killer: Maggie, Danny, Chris, Jimmy, Beth, Henry, Katherine
Victims: Madison, Shane, Maggie, Chris, Chloe

P.S/Edit: Oh yeah, starting tomorrow, Fanpop's got talent starts (Fanpop's annual talent show), so if you have a talent, join: link
Any possibility Nikki is in on the murders? She's a social bartender by night but what does she do during the day when its not as busy? She was friends with Abby before she left the island and it never showed Abby saying goodbye. She knows the island. She knows the history of the island. She knew JD and Kelly had a thing for each other by observing them behind the bar and maybe picked up on kelly's emotions and maybe manipulated them to her sick desire so kelly would kill herself. I can't think of what would make kelly's eyes red except for maybe something at the bar used in drinks. Shane has a strong hatred for JD so i think he was the one who killed JD and possibly Uncle Marty. He's certainly strong enough to kill the others, but if i remember correct he's been in the jail cell since episode 3 so he couldn't have killed the others.

I think the killer is smart in taking people out 1 by 1. Picking off the ones that get separated from the herd. He/She knew that after the Mr. Wellington's murder that they'd call the wedding off or postpone it and leave the island so he/she took Madison as leverage to keep everyone, or at least the victims he wants on the island. i change my idea of maggie not being a suspect. The person who gave Madison the letter had to know where her room was, when she'd be there, who'd be with her, and the exact/perfect room to send her to.

Killer(s): Maggie, Jimmy, Beth, Nikki, Shane, Cal
Victims(in a guessing order): Katherine, Chloe, Sully, Beth,..?

I didn't put Madison on either list because at this point i'm assuming she's taken hostage and she'll be killed if someone leaves but it doesn't look like anyone will leave unless they try to sneak away from the group to escape(sully hopefully) and will most likely be murdered as they make their way down to the dock.

p.s. is there any topical map of Harper's Island so we can graph out where the murders happened and look for a pattern?
Their is always a possibility that Nikki is the killer too. She is flying way under radar.

If there is a map of the island, it would be on the second episode with the scavenger hunt, but otherwise there is no picture of the map.

Also bye everyone, see you in 11 days.
smile
have a good trip!
So when Abby gets the phone call with opera music i had my mom listen to it and she thought it sounded like Ave Maria. She may be wrong but when i looked up Ave Maria it made me think she was right about it being Ave Maria.

Ave Maria (ä'vā märē'ä) [Lat.,=hail, Mary], prayer to the Virgin Mary universal among Roman Catholics, also called the Ave, the Hail Mary, and the Angelic Salutation. The words in English are: “Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.” The first part is from Luke 1.28,42. The prayer is much used in private as well as in public devotions, e.g., in the rosary.

IDK what it means yet. hope this little info helps you
laugh
ok I will put my theroy out there for the first time, I think Abby is actually Wakefields kid, remember abbys mom use to be involved with wakefield. maybe the killer is a sibling I have another part to it but it gets complicated...lol

this is just a theroy...