Harper's Island Theories

coolguy111606 posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 01:45AM
So what Theories does everyone have about Harper's Island? Who do you think the killer is, or who is on your soon-to-die list? Or who do you think can not be the killer? Did you see a short scene that others might miss, discuss it all here.

Harper's Island 16 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago coolguy111606 said…
My theory right now is that Hunter Jennings is the killer, and Thomas Wellington is telling him who to target. I don't think any of the locals are the killers, and I don't think Henry or Trish are either.

I don't want to give away to much of what I think, but this is the general idea.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago ineedcoffee said…
All I will say on my theory is I do think it is a local, but not Trish or Henry. I also don't see Hunter living much longer, he is on my short list most definitely I see him as one of the minor characters that will get killed in the next episode or two.
When I say local, I mean those that didn't come on the boat, that were already on the island (Maggie, Sheriff, Shane, Jimmy, Kelly, Nikki).

The only problem with Hunter dieing soon is that only 2 people know he's on the island (was 4, but Marty and Lucy both died. And Henry only knows that Hunter is calling her), unless something big happens, and he reveals his presence, I don't think he will die soon.
If he isn't the killer though, he will probably die episode 11-13.

Edit: Just remembered Kelly said she saw "John Wakefield", and Abbey seemed shocked, b/c she hasn't seen him yet. Is is just a chance that Abbey also hasn't seen Hunter . . . maybe
last edited over a year ago
smile
that is also what I mean by locals as being the killer as the residents of the island one of them are the killer. Kelly was just a young girl she never new John he wasn't a visitor or live there he just decided to go on a random killing spree to the Island, him actually being the real killer doesn't add up, so I say he was set up and it was a local.
I actually think whoever the killer is, is either completely organized, or going on a random (but very sneaky) killing spree.

Can't wait for this episode tonight.
Can't believe that person died, now i have to think of a new theory
ok I just kinda saw it coming but I really thought someone else was going to die as well but maybe that means next episode there will be more. At least they are keeping it interesting...:)
over a year ago warmbody said…
sick
Killer got to be a local - who else would know so much about the island? Great move 86'ing Hunter - no one will miss him. Who's next?
I don't think the killer was aiming at Hunter specifically, I think the boat was just set up for the first person to leave would die.

I also think Lucy's death was aimed randomly too.

I was watching CBS's behind the scenes stuff, and the actor who played Hunter said "If I die, I want it to be a fight to the death on a beach with a worthy opponent...a huge weapon...or a huge weapon with chainsaws." I thought that was pretty funny.
over a year ago georgiapeach91 said…
My theory is that it's Thomas Wellington. I really don't know why, but he's my current suspect at the moment. I agree that it has to be someone who knows about the island. My thought is he doesn't want the wedding to happen so he is doing all he can to scare people away.
over a year ago tinkymel said…
kiss
At this point there are too many factors to go by for me to have a theory. I do agree that many of these deaths are random. Like they were set up for anyone. But how is it that everyone dying is from the wedding party. Aren't there other people on the island? I think the killer has something to do with the island. I also think that the person has been on the island. I know the theories I don't want it to be because they are to obvious.

1. Abby has MPD and thinks she is John and kills people. Done too many times.

2. One of the guests turns out to be John Wakefield's child and is doing it for revenge. Hello Scream.

3. Tom Wellington. Rich man feels it is ok because he is rich and is doing it for the right reason.

4. John Wakefield is the killer, whether alive or dead.

These are the plots that I feel are way over done, and hope I don't see. But that is just me.
I wholeheartedly agree with you on that.
Allright, since Thomas Wellington died in the last episode (5), I thought I would rewatch the 1st episode again, to see if there is anything I would miss, and I caught stuff:

1. In Uncle Marty's bag there is money, but also a round blue container, and a camera that is not shown in the bag on Hunter's boat.

2. Cal rented a boat, and said that he and Chloe should slip out one day and go on it, could this explain there disappearance right before the Wedding Rehearsal?

3. A interesting quote from Shane to Jimmy "She (Abby) dumped you man...you know what your problem is, your too nice...(whispers to himself) way too nice"

4. An air tank is mixed with the luggage of the guests that are just arriving at the hotel.

4.5. Shane also has Cousin Ben's necklace that Jimmy got from under the boat.

5. Shea Allen wants to find a friend for Madison to play with.
Richard Allen says shes fine, and doesn't look like he cares.

6. Abby is in her room, her cell phone rings, she picks it up, and only opra sounding music plays for 3 seconds, and then it stops.

7. Trish talks with Shea, and says "you have the perfect marriage"

8. Madison rips up Cousin Ben's Welcome tag to his presant, and steals it, as her mother calls her off to bed.

9. Uncle Marty is only shown a few times in the first episode among a limited group of people:

-He introduces himself with a Mariachi band to the boat
---Only guests on the boat could've seen him
-He talks to Henry about Thomas Wellington
---Only Henry and Thomas Wellington sees him
-He dances with Chloe at the night party
---Only guests are shown seeing him, though staff (Maggie), might have seen him too.
-He talks to Thomas Wellington about becoming family and protecting Henry
---Thomas Wellington, Henry, and Trish see him talk
-He spies on Thomas Wellington talk to Hunter Jennings
---like a ninja

-Also Henry tells JD that it was glad he came, b/c with his parents dead, JD and Uncle Marty are the only family he has.

10. Shane and JD's fight:
-Shane instigates, and throws in a few comments to hurt Kelly's feelings too, but JD does the first blow.
---JD, Kelly, Shane, Jimmy, Abby, Nikki, and Sheriff Mills are the only ones to see the fight.
---Somehow the news is spread, and Henry hears it

11. Abby says to Henry "We both know that part of me coming home was to deal with my dad" Why deal with instead of see...

12. Henry says to Abby, "You know JD, he does whatever he wants...I'm just afraid he's going to do something worse than just pick a fight someday." Abby replies, "Maybe, but there is a part of him that is very sweet."

13. As Madison wakes up her mom (Shea), to tell her people have died on this island, it shows Richard in long sleeves. That either means he wears P.J's, or a sweeter to bed. Important...probably not.

14. Shows Chloe walking across a bridge back to the Inn, but it doesn't break.

15. Trish's phone rings, and Henry checks to see who it is, its Hunter Jennings

16. Trish, while in the shower, suggests them getting different rooms, so the wedding day will be more special.

17. Deleted Scene removed in this spot, where Uncle Marty meets Chloe in the woods while he heads toward the bridge.

18. Cal never shown crossing the bridge

19. Uncle Marty walks (randomly) across the bridge, he gets trapped b/t the floor, and the gun pops out of his belt. Question is...why does he have a gun everywhere he goes.

20. Whoever cut off Uncle Marty's legs, probaly used the weapon stolen from the muesum in the city (the same one Trish worked at over the summer).

That is it for episode one, and as you can see, some people probably never knew Uncle Marty existed like:
-Kelly, Shane, Jimmy, Nikki, Sheriff, Maggie(?), and Hunter.
over a year ago -3t0il3_D- said…
I think they knew he existed, just never interacted with him.

Just like you know Actor XX (as in, whatever actor you decide to think of) exists, you just never talk to him.
Yeah, true, and i was talking about his and Ben's death with my mom, she said all they need is a wedding guest list, and ask someone else who that is, and they know.

But I'm still thinking Hunter and Kelly are definetly out.
over a year ago prettyandpink2 said…
cake
Well, I always thought Maggie was the Killer but then in episode 10 she died. So, my guesses as to who the Killer might be are Henry because look at the killers handwriting its Henry's

Here is the note he left for Trish, pretending it was from Hunter. Every letter is capitalized. But the first letter of each word is bigger than the rest of the word. And the "M" is crisscrossed in the middle.

link g

Now this is the note left by the killer for the Sheriff to find. Every letter is also capitalized and the first letter of each word is bigger than the rest of the word too. Also the "M" is crisscrossed in the middle too.

link g

The guest list is also written with all Capital letters, the first letter being bigger than the rest of the word. And the "M" is crisscrossed. Henry may have very well organized the guest positions for his own wedding.

link g

But the note left for Henry telling him that Hunter was at the hotel has different handwriting. Therefore I don't think it was the killer who left that note for him.

link g

And, for Nikki why would they keep her on if she only knows Abby? She either A has to be the Killer or B be wakefields kid...Also Nikki does not have an alibi for most of the episodes....