Guinea Pigs Sick Guinea Pig Support Group <3

Angel31295w posted on Sep 28, 2013 at 05:34AM
I have a sick pig, and I'd love some support. I'm always here to listen to your stories and help as much as I can :) Proud guinea pig owner.

Guinea Pigs 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago glelsey said…
Sorry to hear that. I realise you posted this well over a year ago now. How did your pig get on? Did he/she recover?

Anyway, I'm happy to help and support others with their unwell piggies too, so I'm glad you started this topic. It's good to talk to other guinea pig owners about these things. :)

My guinea pig is well for the time being, but last year was pretty dramatic for him. My other guinea pig passed away last June - having recovered from pneumonia, he developed heart problems a month later, and didn't respond to the treatment. The remaining pig was heartbroken.

It got worse though. One week after the other had died, he started bleeding and the vet got me to treat him as if it were an infection (I gave him antibiotics for a few days). That didn't work though, so next he got an x-ray and it turned out he had a bladder stone and needed surgery. Fortunately, he finished grieving and was himself again before the surgery took place.

The surgery and aftercare went well, and he's been doing okay since. He's a happy little pig now!

Before last year, neither of my pigs had had any medical issues whatsoever, so everything happened pretty quickly.