I've talked about some of the things that crossed my mind when 읽기 Twilight in the past. Thoughts such as "when is Bella going to freak out about the Edward watching her sleep thing?" "Did that say sparkling? I've re-read that passage like, four times and it still seems to say sparkling" "Does Stephanie Meyer think deer is a vegetable? no, really does she? Does she think 당신 can call yourself a vegetarian if 당신 don't eat things like people 또는 those monkeys who know sign language?"
But those are valid thoughts that many people 읽기 the 책 also thought (well, maybe not specifically the thing about Stephanie Meyer thinking non-vegetarians are cannibals who eat sign language monkeys, but the gist was the same). But aside from the sensible queries I had I also ended up wondering stupid things like:
1. How could Edward possibly enjoy watching Bella sleep?
We all think of this from Bella's point of view, how she should feel violated, how could she be ok with that, etc, but lets see this from Eddy's. Since 'special sleeping' is never mentioned as one of Bella's mary sue powers I'm going to guess she sleeps like a normal person. Making this the least romantic experience ever. Sure 당신 can watch someone sleep for a few 분 and think they look all cute and cuddly, but all night every night? He must have heard her fart about a hundred times. What if she snores? 또는 talks in her sleep? 또는 drools? She must do at least one of those things. If she doesn't the soul crushing boredom would have killed him. The fact that the way she sleeps was entertaining enough for Edward to keep it up every night means I have to assume he was there to laugh at her in all her embarrassing sleepy glory.
2. What if Bella started wearing perfume? Would he still like her? Because I estimate his feelings for her to be based on 50% her smell 15% her ability to not laugh hysterically at things like sparkles 또는 vampire baseball 25% her willingness to be pushed around an 10% the fact that she's as melodramatic as him.
3. Speaking of them both being melodramatic, what if the girl who was just his favourite kind of smelly hadn't luckily turned out to be a huge drama 퀸 like him? Could he 사랑 someone who was down to earth and reacted in any normal way? Even if it was still a girl who was ok with being a doormat, could he 사랑 someone who wasn't a drama queen? That would make their conversations suck for him:
E: "We cannot be....For I am evil like a spider, and 당신 are pure like people who take spiders outside away from people who don't like spiders."
Non Drama 퀸 Bella: "Oh, for heavens sake Edward can we just watch the movie?"
E: "No, metaphorical spiders like me don't deserve movies."
NDQB: "Will 당신 just shush and eat your popcorn?"
E: "This...is the popcorn...of a KILLER! we may never be a couple"
NDQB: "Look, do 당신 want us to break up?"
E: "What? No. Where did 당신 get that? You're not playing along!"
4. Wouldn't sparkling make it very hard to see? Even if part of his vampire powers is that strong light doesn't hurt his eyes (which it must be, have 당신 ever looked really close at something bright? it hurts) all those little sparkles dancing around his vision would be so distracting. He doesn't just shine, he sparkles meaning it's lots of tiny little lights not just him glowing. How can he possibly focus past them? Does he sometimes just randomly go 십자가, 크로스 eyed because he was distracted 의해 the sparkles on his nose? He must. I would.
5. Are Esme and Carlise secretly really 쓴, 쓰라린 that Edward's vamp power is mind reading, Alice is psychic and the powers the got stuck with (if memory serves) are things like 'love' and 'compassion'? I would be furious. Especially since Carlisle was the first Cullen vamp, did he even know that turning into a vampire could get 당신 a real power, not just a heightened emotion? Can 당신 imagine how you'd feel if 당신 were walking around feeling all sparkly and good about yourself "I'm awesome, not only do I have all these vampire abilities I also got extra compassion. Wooo." Then 당신 turn some kid, who you'd think would be weaker than 당신 since you're the older vamp and he gets mind reading? I don't care how fatherly and sweet Carlise acts to Edward's face, he's punching his 베개 of a night ranting about the snot nosed brat who got mind 읽기 while he's stuck with compassion.
6. Isn't doctor the stupidest career choice in the history of idiocy if 당신 live a daily struggle to avoid eating people? I get Carlisle wanted to help people, but there are probably dozens of jobs where 당신 help people but at no point risk snapping and eating them. Did he wait and become a doctor after he already had his bloodlust so under control, 또는 for the first few years was he just the worst doctor ever, who occasionally ate a patient? "Doctor, my flu is just getting worse, and also 당신 appear to be biting my neck." That's like a big fat guy starting his diet on his first 일 on the job at the cookie factory.