클래식 영화 To Kill a Mockingbird

nandacavalieri posted on Jun 02, 2009 at 09:21PM
Share your thoughts about this movie! Review, discuss...

Plot:
"Atticus Finch is a lawyer in a racially divided Alabama town in the 1930s. He agrees to defend a young black man who is accused of raping a white woman. Many of the townspeople try to get Atticus to pull out of the trial, but he decides to go ahead. How will the trial turn out - and will it change any of the racial tension in the town?"

link

JOIN the link
 Share your thoughts about this movie! Review, discuss... Plot: "Atticus 되새 류, 핀치, 피리 새 류 is a lawyer in a ra

클래식 영화 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago nandacavalieri said…
I absolutely loved this movie! And each day I love Gregory Peck more! BRILLIANT!
I am not good talking about movies, I like to discuss them... so I'll wait to more replies to say more :)
over a year ago chel1395 said…
I'm a little late to the party...may I join the Classic Movies Club?

This is a great film that teaches such a great moral lesson. I think my favorite character is Boo Radley. The fear the children have of him (due to ignorance) mirrors the prejudice the town has of Tom. My favorite part of the film is when Scout points to the man who saved her and we realize it's Boo. This film really teaches you not to judge a book by its cover. He may look strange, but Boo is all heart.
 I'm a little late to the party...may I 가입하기 the Classic 영화 Club? This is a great film that teach
over a year ago Cammie said…
sad
The children's fear of Boo is parallel to the townspeople's prejudice of Tom Robinson,both derived from not only ignorance but lack of general understanding.
The children's fear is accepable because they are just that - children! The bigotry and hatred of the white people toward Tom just because he is a black man is not acceptable.
These people really were not interested whether Tom was innocent or not because they had from the very beginning come to the conclusion that he had to be guilty of the crime. They wanted this black man to be guilty! This way they did not have to come to terms with the fact that one 'of their kind' had committed this horrible act.

Gregory Peck came to Australia some 20 or so years ago to do some filming here (no dammit, I never got to meet him!). I have a taped interview of him on one of our late night tv shows.
He explains how the courtroom scene where he questions Tom Robinson was one of the hardest scenes he ever had to do during his career. It took them days to actually film the scene because Gregory said he broke up during a few takes and couldn't keep going. It was just a movie he was making, the man (Tom) he was questioning was just an actor in a make believe situation. However,he said that everytime he looked into the actor's eyes his heart broke because he knew that this kind of injustice and hatred was something that was all too common in real life.
I know,for myself, that's the reason that this film is so touching and disturbing to me.

Just a side note: There's another film with a very similar storyline, Intruder In The Dust.
last edited over a year ago
 The children's fear of Boo is parallel to the townspeople's prejudice of Tom Robinson,both derived fr
Cam! Thank you so much for the info! Every moment that passes I love Gregory Peck more! lol!

I could be good with the words like you girls are... damn, I suck... lol!
heart
No, you do NOT suck at all! Stop that kinda talk or i'll have to fly over on my broom and get cross with you!
lmao! Ok... I don't want to go against a witch, lmao!
heart
See what a smart young lass you are?
That's right. A witch's wrath is something to be feared big time!
lol!!