뱀파이어 해결사 What shows/movies with Buffy actors do 당신 watch?

Cinders posted on Aug 03, 2009 at 07:16AM
I'm curious, because we all know about a lot of them. I, for one, watch sine of the other shows our beloved actors have gone on to do (like HIMYM), as well as a few of their movies (I just rented Repo! the Genetic Opera and look forward to it). But I don't watch all of them (I haven't seen Gossip Girl, for example).

So here's my list of other things I watch and love that has a connection to Buffy.

The Whedon Shows (all of them)
Firefly
Dollhouse
Dr. Horrible

Shows
How I Met Your Mother (Alysson Hannigan, Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker)
Bones (David Boranaz)
Torchwood (James Marsters)
Dexter (Julie Benz)
Desperate Housewives (Nathan Fillion, Julie Benz)
Castle (Nathan Fillion)
Veronica Mars (Charisma Carpenter, Joss Whedon [Cameo])
Supernatural (Various)

As for movies, I've seen Scooby Doo and the Grudge, but wasn't partial to either. I have never seen Cruel Intentions, but I want to. I also saw I Know What You Did Last Summer, but I preferred the book.

I'm looking forward to Repo! The Genetic Opera, though. As an avid Rocky Horror fan, I am super stoked to see it. Especially because Anthony played Frank in a Rocky Horror Revival, so I'll bet he's suited to this role.

What shows do you guys watch?
last edited on Mar 04, 2011 at 12:19AM

뱀파이어 해결사 22 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago smms said…
Whedon Shows
Firefly- amazing show
Dollhouse- Only watched the first 5 eps, but I'll finish it later. not too fond of the show yet.
Dr. Horrilbe, which was awesome. I love nathan Fillion

Shows
Angel
Bones
Supernatural ( Amy Acker, Julie Benz, Amber Benson, and Mercedes McNab) all guest starred

Movies
She's All That
I Know What You Did Last Summer
P.S. I Love You
Austin Powers
over a year ago Cinders said…
I completely forgot about Austin Powers. I've seen all three-- thanks for reminding me.
over a year ago AgentCoop said…
All of the Whedon stuff, naturally (picked up my Dollhouse Season 1 set today). That goes without saying.

HIMYM, which I originally watched just because I love Aly, but now I love the show.

I also really, really liked The Grudge (I even liked The Grudge 2) and I Know What You Did Last Summer (the sequel, not so much). I loved The Ring as well (I know that's a stretch, but Amber Tamblyn was in All The Way). I liked the Austin Powers movies at the time, I'm not sure how well they'd hold up now. Cruel Intentions is one of my "guilty pleasure" movies. I know while I'm watching it that it's really not very good, but I really like it anyway. Sarah is ridiculously hot in that movie, too. I also saw Simply Irresistable (actually paid money to see it in a movie theatre), and it was one of the only times I considered walking out on a movie. It was just...bad. So bad. 90 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

I've never seen Supernatural, but so many of the Buffy people seem to love that show that it's on my "must watch" list (right behind Doctor Who). And I haven't seen Repo, but I have it on good authority that it rocks. It's also on my "to do" list.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago adwbuffy said…
heart
I Have a lot like Dragon Ball Evolution: James Marsters playing the bad Piccolo, also playing as Brainac on Smallville. Others that I was shocked watching The Air I Breathe Sarah Michelle Gellar playing as pop star. I have seen a lot of movies that have Eliza Dushku in it like "The New Guy", True Lies (when she was very young), Soul Survivors, Bring it on with Claire (Glory), many others that I forgot lol..

But there others that I watched on tv that are on right now like HBO or Cinemax like P.S. I Love You with James Marsters, The Haunted House on the Hill with him playing as the carmera guy,.

OMG there are some others that I can think of right.. Syndey White with Jonathon

My head is spinning around now.

But I absolutely love Dollhouse what a project for Joss Whedon , Eliza Dushku & Amy Acker
over a year ago violetrosa said…
i love buffy and angel.i think they are incredible.if you love them too please send me something to be friends.i love bones and dollhouse too.
over a year ago AgentCoop said…
How could I forget Smallville? I was watching that even before James Marsters came on.
at Cinders: I've only seen the last two Austin Powers movies. I still haven't seen the first. But I remember liking them when I saw them.

I haven't seen How I Met Your Mother, but I want to. That's on my to watch list.

Supernatural is awesome. I highly recommend it. I actually started watching Supernatural before I started watching Buffy. My friends were always talking about it, so I decided to give it a try. So when I saw Amy Acker and some of the other Buffy/Angel people on the show I had no idea who they were untill I started watching Buffy and Angel.

And I totally forgot about Eliza Dushku. I've the tv show Tru Calling (I'm half way through that, which is really good) and the movie Wrong Turn. It's a horror movie that wasn't that great in my opinion. Better than Wrong Turn 2.
over a year ago cecig said…
I love all the Sarah's movies. The Grudge is one of my favourite movies
over a year ago jighooligan101 said…
All the Whedon shows obviously.
Movie-wise: Cruel Intentions is one of my favourite movies. Ive seen Grudge, Scooby Doo and other ones I cant remember.
Tv: HIMYM which I started watching without realising Aly was in it.
Bones is awesome.
And of course the bestest show on TV Dexter which Julie Benz just kicks ass on.
OH YEAH! I ADORE Julie Benz in Dexter, sheesh, how did I forget that one? It's one of my favorite shows running right now!
over a year ago Asvini said…
Whedon shows:
Firefly (my favourite show of all time)
Dr Horrible
Dollhouse
I haven't seen all of Angel, just bits of season 1, bits of 2 and bits of 5. I'll have to get around to watching it eventually.

Shows:
HIMYM
Bones
Castle
I recently started watching Supernatural, just finished season 1

Movies:
Cruel intentions (I'm too distracted by how gorgeous I think Ryan Phillipe looked in this movie to fairly judge it. Shame on me, I'm so darn shallow sometimes)
The grudge
Scoobie doo
Simply irresistable (Saw on TV luckily, didn't pay. It's awful. Just awful. Not even the funny level of awful where it becomes so bad it's funny and enjoyable. just...bad)
True lies
I need to start watching Castle. Thankfully ABC has all the episodes on their website.

Ohh!! And I watch Leverage. That show is awesome. And Christian Kane isn't some lawyer that gets the crap beaten out of him in every episode. He's the one that does the beating.
Castle is great, another one I forgot to mention.

Asvini, you should really watch all of Angel. I even (dare I say it) prefer the series to Buffy. Yeah, I went there.

I've seen ads for Leverage, but have never seen it.

Repo! is coming in the mail for me soon... I'll let you guys know how it is. I've heard that if you like Rocky Horror, you'll like Repo, and I like Rocky Horror, and I love Anthony's singing voice, so... *Fingers Crossed.*

Right now, I'm forcing myself to keep my expectations low, because if it's not as good as I build it up in my mind, then I might not like it.

Still, the trailer for it looks awesome, doesn't it?
over a year ago acklesgirl87 said…
Whedon shows:
Angel
Dr. Horrible
Dollhouse (only a couple of episodes, but I intend to watch more).

Non-Whedon shows:
Supernatural (my #1 show)
Bones
Gilmore Girls
HIMYM
Tru Calling
Family Guy
Robot Chicken
Gossip Girl (I watch it every now and then. Michelle Trachtenberg is awesome on it)

Movies:
Cruel Intentions
Scooby Doo 1 and 2 (with my niece)
Simply Irresistible
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Scream 2
The Grudge
Austen Powers 1-3
Without a Paddle
American Pie 1-3
Date Movie
Wrong Turn
Eurotrip

Wow, that's quite a list lol. Can I just say that I'll watch anything if I'm bored enough?
over a year ago acklesgirl87 said…
Oh yeah, and If you want to get really specific, Michelle Trachtenberg and Marc Blucas guest starred on House, and Seth Green was on 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy.
over a year ago HaleyDewit said…
I have the grudge movies, but Sarah's not in the third one.I also have Cruel Intentions,The return
over a year ago 0oSquirto0 said…
big smile
Bones, I love Bones! I only started watching it becuase of David Boreanaz but now I am addicted, can't wait for the 100th episode! I also sometimes watch How I Met Your Mother as it is really funny + it has Neil Patrick Harris who is awesome (Dr. Horrible lol)

I also watch anything and everything Joss related; the guy is amazing!
over a year ago Rogue-slayer said…
I started laughing the other day cos Lindsay Crouse (Evil bitch monster of death, Maggie Walsh) was on Law and Order: SVU as a judge. so kind of like a cross between Walsh and The Judge, the makings of a really awesome big bad
over a year ago stella3 said…
big smile
Whedon shows:
Angel, Dollhouse

Non-Whedon shows:
HIMYM (parts), Veronica Mars (twice :D), Numb3rs, Private Practice, Gossip Girl, Greek, Charmed, Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Gilmore Girls, Tru Calling,

Movies:
Suburban Girl, Happily N'Ever After, Cruel Intentions, American Pie, Ice Princess, Mr. Fix It, 7 Things to Do Before I'm 30, The Italian Job, Austin Powers, First Daughter, Sydney White

I'm pretty sure this is not everything :D
over a year ago bangelfan said…
Bones, Valentine, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Cruel Intentions, Sex and The City, Scooby-Doo, The Air I Breathe, Suburban Girl, Southland Tales, Gossip Girl, True Horror, America's Sweethearts, The Italian Job, First Daughter, Charmed, Veronica Mars, See Jane Date, Pleasantville, House on Haunted Hill, The Jane Austen Book Club, Cool Money, My Stepmother Is An Alien, Dead Man On Campus, Date Movie, Dexter, American Pie films.
over a year ago nicole_23 said…
Im obssesed with Bones! Ive seen Valentine with David Boreanaz in it, Scooby-Doo, Smallville with James Masters, first Daughter, Charmed, American Pie 1-3, Mr. Fix it (that was a good movie), Of course Angel, How I meet your mother , Castel and I lovee the Austin Powers movies :) thats all i can think of at the moment...
over a year ago Sparky04 said…
-Angel
-Doll House
-Bones
-Firefly
-How I met your Mother
-Dr. Horrible