읽을만한 책 My new 가장 좋아하는 book!

DualGemini posted on Nov 16, 2010 at 08:37AM
I just finished this new novel called "Crimson Creed: Doctrine of Darkness" from PublishAmerica by Mary & Daniel Mora. It's a thriller / mystery / suspense / horror fiction novel which was a 'wow' in my book --so to speak. It's all about this ex-priest which did some messed up things in his past (which kinda haunt him) and he is sent to Egypt to check out a secret group --this is going on in 180 AD or something. It is a crazy book --crazy good. It has alot of psychology --surprising for an author I've never heard of. And... OMG... it has a climax which is so unique and nightmareish. Deffinatly not a kid's book. I loved it. 386 pages of wow. That is all I can say. I hope others read it and feel the same way as me. I kindof hate finding a great book like that, cause books after it are uninteresting and predictable.

Jennifer C.

읽을만한 책 16 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DualGemini said…
big smile
I just found that the authors of Crimson Creed have their own website. They have some things posted on secret-societies (the things up now are about Kabbalah --they are saying that it has been heavily corrupted). They thankfully say more stuff is coming. It's a generic site, but what... Daniel... has to say is interesting. I hope they do keep it up. They have their own forum for the ideas... could be cool talk. I've always like that mystery religion stuff. If anyone wants to know or join their discussions, it's Crimson-Creeds.webs.com

Jennifer C.
over a year ago Steven2010 said…
Jennifer,

I agree that it is a great book. Not my favorite, but then again, my favorite is untopable (Crowley's Diary of a Drug Fiend). Anywho, it was pretty attention keeping. A bit pricey, though I think it was worth it. It keeps you thinking. Kept me thinking after I put it down. You're right though, it was a shock that a newbie writer wrote it. Sad that only Publishamerica took em. And thanks Jen for telling they have a site, I'll have to check it out.
"Sheep Ahoy!" Ely, Nevada! ha

Steven2010: Are we the only ones who have read it? LOL. I hope you checked out that site --and you're welcome. My sister just started reading it (the book that is. She is more into those cheesy romance novels but she even said that it is grabbing her interest --She's only done with chapter one though, being a slow reader. (It was funny when we tried to read The Stand together, lol.) Yeah, it is surprising that new authors put it together. But I guess that's the whole 'two minds better than one' corny statement in action. Has anyone else out there read this book?!

Jennifer C.
over a year ago Steven2010 said…
Jennifer,
Either you are a night-shift person like me or have cronic insomnia like me, ha. I guess only us night-owls read random books (well, that's how I came across it). Reading random books pays off when you find good ones like Crimson Creed, Diary of a Drug Fiend, 11-11-11, Night Owl (irony), etc. I don't think many have read Crimson Creed seeming that it is through Publish america. I agree though, sad. Oh well. I checked that site and thanks again. It was interesting. Just hope your right and they keep updating the 'topics' section. I'll probably join and answer your post. I'm just peticular about joining things (anal guy here), ha.
Hola from Ely --Sheep ho!
over a year ago Crusadersolomon said…
mischievous
I read it! I read it! (Whinning kid jumping up & down.) At least us few all like it!! I.E. I do too Jen & Steven. I am all into secret society stuff and so it was a (two thumbs up). Dare I say it was Da Vinci Code-like? I do, I dared. I don't know why people don't like PublishAmerica.com, they cleaned themselves up since their 2001-2002 bad period. I get like 80% of my books from them and they have good'ens like the Mora's. I could care less about the psycho-ology, but love the secret stuff. (I said that already... and will again! I love secret stuff, ya know, Freemasonry stuff. It wasn't Freemasonry, but it was close enough! I didn't know they had a webpage. Good to know. You (Jen) said it talked of Cabala. Hope they do Freemasons too... (kid's candy wanting grin)!
Steven: yeah, I do work the night shift. The book kept me from losing my sanity a few days,lol --an irony due to the book's psychosis, i know.
Crusader: Do you like secret stuff?, lol.
My sister is finally up to chap 3, lol. She's liking it though, else she'd throw it in the trash as she has done before.
Steven: The site does say it will discuss Freemasonry, so go jump around for joy, lol.
I don't know why, but I can see Crimson Creed becoming a new cult following because of its intelligence, contravercy & original horror. It would make a cool --though scary-- horror film, lol.
The fact that the cover says the authors used their experiences for the book tells me that they have had one messed up life, lol (or no 'lol'...). I kinda wish I found the book a few months later so I could read it while snowed in, lol. Or i'll just read it again, but it won't be the same knowing the end -dang!
The sweet thing is that it is deffinitly open for a sequal. But who knows if they'll do anything about it. Start a petition!!, lol.

Jennifer C.
over a year ago PiemanB8 said…
Hi all. I went to the publisher's site and saw the book. It is in my field of likes, but I am weary on if I should get it or not. I see that you Dual, you Steven & you Solomon like it (3 out of 3), but five people (3 + Dual's brother + Dual's sister) being the only people saying they read it out of this whole gathering makes me curious, especially when you all say it is so good. Why haven't I heard of it? Nor seen it around? Is the publisher that hated that only night people go with them? Yeah, like I said, it does sound good, but I admittably am a conformist when it comes to buying stuff. If more people were giving opinions on it rather than 2-3 people doing back & forths, then I would be more open. Was the book just released or something and so hasn't reached us masses? I guess I am asking you Dual seeming that you birthed this topic. That is just the way I am. Maybe I should make my mother buy it and be my test dummy, haha. Eh, not her type of book anyway, she's all into Amish stories for whatever reason. Wow, I've been rambling. Done.
over a year ago ky02121 said…
:( This book isn`t in my public library system yet. Maybe I`ll find it on Amazon.
over a year ago DKaganMora said…
"Crimson Creed: Doctrine of Darkness" is available at Amazon. Likewise it is located on Borders.com, Barnes&Noble.com and others.
I and my wife thank you for your support and am gladdened that you enjoy our work. (The book is made to be a 5 part series, but we are weighing whether of not to do so.)

Daniel Mora (co-author of said novel)
P.S. We (my wife & I) have a new & actual website for those that are interested: www.ReligiousCorruptions.com and a new Forum discussions.ReligiousCorruptions.com

Daniel Mora
Mr. Mora
Thank you for contacting my post! I love your book and hope that you are planning a sequel. Thank you for the updated info. (Are you planning a sequel?)

Jennifer C.
As I said, my wife & I are currently weighing on whether or not to continue the series. Thank you again.

Daniel Mora
For anyone who is interested: "Crimson Creed: Doctrine of Darkness" will be heading to the London Book Fair in April.

Daniel Mora
big smile
Thankyou Mr. Mora! Please let us know when you have made a decision. (Again - Love your book.)

Jennifer C.
Update: My Wife & I are currently working on a different novel (based during WWII) but may continue work on the Crimson Creed series afterwards. Sorry to delay it for those awaiting the sequels.

Daniel Mora
over a year ago mar1t said…
I will have to check it out...