바비 영화 바비 인형 A Fairy Secret- after watching

Lorinna posted on Mar 12, 2011 at 08:04AM
*inspired by my previous forum topic*
Hello everyone! So, FS is everywhere- and some happy people are already have the DVD. So, what did you like in 19th Barbie movie, and what did you dislike?
And again; I'll cheer long posts and I'll dislike short ones.
So, good luck! Your L/L.

바비 영화 20 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Lorinna said…
angelic
Well, I'll start.
FS wasn't best, it's even not better than 12DP- my favourite. But it was WAAAY better, than FF!
I noticed, that there were no hints on modern life (well, billboards and rollers in GA are, but I didn't pay attention on them). GA was great, I can say. Some suburb of Fairytopia, lol.
Characters! I like appearance of Lilliana Roxelle, and, of course, of Lord Gastrous! I can't count Spencer from FF as returning character, mehs. Zane's character was great! The same as Grac's. Also, designing: Barbie of FS is omKellysh better, than Barbie of FF's. The same for Ken.
Well-well, even there were skycrapers in *omK, where were they?*, it was big city! Was it Malibu? OMK.
OMK-OMK, I totally disliked movie premiere scene. Especially, Raquelle's step on Barbie's dress (Raq's dress was awesome). And also, I disliked ending. Only "shhh" and all? And forgot about everything? OMK. OMK again.
So, that's all! I hope, you'll be not so angry here, in this topic. Your L/L.
over a year ago MajorAbbey said…
cool
Okay; no angry faces. :)

Liked: Raquelle, Graciella, Zane, Lord Gastrous and his girlfriend (I'm sorry, but that guy will always be Lord Gastrous to me. He moved there after his retirement, lol), the REAL GA, the scenes in Paris and Raquelle and Barbie's conversation in the prison.

Disliked: The emphasis on fashion which nearly took over the fairies' lives in the human world, fake GA (I.E the first glimpse of it; looked too much like Oceana. Thank goodness the rest of GA wasn't like that), the movie premiere scene (except for Raquelle), the ending and, while I liked Carrie and Taylor themselves, I thought Taylor's power wasn't that impressive (but I want Carrie's bag. I could use a bad like that).

Also, what was up with those skyscrapers? We only saw them once, so why'd Mattel put them on everything?
surprise
Yays, no angry faces, I can breathe out.
By my opinion, Mattelz saw our angry faces about that GA and skycrapers and fairy burger bar (oh yeahs). And they decided to make another GA (because on earlier stills there's no Grac's castle and another buildings from real GA- only pink skycrapers). As for skycrapers everywhere...well...maybe, buildings of GA weren't so attractive, as pink skycrapers?
*totally agree about C's bag. It's amazing*
over a year ago MelodyLaurel said…
smile
Should I tell the truth? I hope it doesn't upset anyone.
I didn't like the movie premiere at all. That part made me feel like I'm watching a Barbie doll commercial on TV, not a BM. Don't do that again, Mattel! But I really like Raquelle and her dress. So much better than Barbie's... I like her hair down like that, not tied in a ponytail during most parts of the movie.
Zane and Graciella are great. Zane is hilarious! Ken, too. Graciella is just beautiful, though her "pinkness" still hurts my eyes.
Strangely, like Lola, I paid a lot of attention the fairy portal attendant(or whatever she was). I think she's much prettier than Taylor or Carrie. Best background character in the movie.
Lilliana Roxelle(can't spell her name) is awesome with wings. "The oldest and wisest of living fairies", sure she is.
I didn't like how uneventful the movie is. There's barely nothing happening in the movie, and if you pay close attention, from the "wings and things" part things started to rush. Everything happened so quickly that when I'm done watching it, everything I could remember was the movie premiere and the "wings and things"(Lord Gastrous, yay!) scene because those scenes took the most time.
The ending was extremely disappointing. "OMJ, it was all a dream! I had the weirdest dream ever!".
One more thing, before I go. This movie is in my opinion... well, it's not the best one, definitely. If it wasn't for Barbie's cute face, it would have been worse than FF.(People, don't kill me!)
Some off-topic thoughts: Now that my anticipated movie didn't turn out to be as good as I hoped, I think PCS will be one of my faves. At least based on the trailer. Good relief.
Once again, don't kill me for not liking FS, guys! And never mind those off-topic ramblings.
over a year ago AayBreeCia said…
like or love:
the scene of Paris,Lilliana's house,Barbie's house on maribu ,All Fairies wings!! , the inside of Graciella's castle , a design of gloss Angeles , a Friendship of Barbie and Raquelle , and My Fave Character is ken lol he so cute, Oh and I really love big city Back from Maribu!

dislike:
a closer of Gloss Angeles and outside from Graciella's castle, especially the trees and the flower, it was too sweet!, It wasn't liked on the book! , it's really fantastic
but I love the inside of Graciella's castle and a design of gloss Angeles!
and right , I agree about Taylor's power, It wasn't that impressive
but Carrie's bag was impressive!
hmm..something in this movie was better than FF but this movie wasn't have My inspiration Memory

last edited over a year ago
wink
Ah Lexie! Why should we kill you? And I'm totally agree about something like "fast scenes". OMK, it was fast, really fast. Even after watching of A Hard Day's Night, I could remember everything. But not after watching of FS.
And you spelled Lilliana right, lol.
over a year ago faithinChrist said…
It was so much better than I expected...although I didn't like the MAJOR emphasis on fashion (as usual:p) but it wasn't as bad as in FF. And the coloring was better too, less over-glitterization and nothing-but-pink-and-purple themes. There were a lot of parts I wanted to just groan at...but it was a good movie. My absolute favorite part (and it seems I'm not alone on this) was Lord Gastrous and Reena:) two very unique characters for a Barbie movie and I just loved that scene.:)
^Was I the only one who wanted to know more about them? Forget Barbie's glamorous actress life; I want to know how those two met, got to know each other...
sad
^^OMKelly, it seems Reena and that omKellysh lord Gastrous are another minor characters without past or future. It's sad. More than sad.
hmmm
Because Lord Gastrous and Reena aren't FASHIONABLE enough, obviously.
over a year ago MelodyLaurel said…
laugh
I love Lord Gastrous and hm... Reena? So I've been spelling her name wrong all the time! Lol. Lol again at MajorAbbey's reply. "FASHIONABLE enough"...
surprise
Rawr, Mattelz are stupid. I re-watched FS, and they're look good, omK.
Also, could you imagine FS without these fake wings? No? And without Reena and Wings and things?
I think they look just fine, but they're more interested in wings than shoes. Not to mention they're old (GASP!) so they get ignored.
meh
^They're old. How could they be interesting for kiddies?
meh
Exactly! Old characters can't be cool!
(Sarcasm)
surprise
Yeah. Show me only one little troll with Kind Randolph on its userpic!
Woah, we discovered another thing: there's a center of movie- a young blondie. And little girls would dream: When I'll grow up, I'll become Rosella/ Clara/ Annika/ Wenlock (XD)/ Luciana (honestly, I thought so, too). But oh my Kelly and oh my Paul- what's wrong with old characters?
over a year ago faithinChrist said…
Too bad...the "old" characters are usually the wisest. But that isn't good for kids to look up to, of course. No, they need trashy-clad teen girls with glittery miniskirts, skinny legs and perfect hair and makeup for role models.
And was it just me, or was the whole wings thing just forced? I mean, heck, if any old person can be a fairy by getting a pair of wings, then why not have fairies everywhere? And if they have shops selling wings for non-fairies to use, why all the secrecy and "no-human" rule? How would Wings and Things have any business? Random, I know, but it just doesn't make any sense...
I suspect Wings and Things exists for those humans who married fairies.
angelic
Sometimes newbies are wise, but not so. Remember, how Tay wanted to hide the obvious thing- her wings? OMK.
And OMKelly, that's business question.
hmmm
Well, think about it; if you're a human, you're stuck there, and you have to fly from place to place. A place like that would be a necessity, unless you wanted your spouse to carry you everywhere. Maybe Reena opened that shop because she saw a gap in the market? (You see, that's why I'd rather hear about those two. Even the thought of that is more interesting than the movie premiere scene.)

Oh, and FaithinChrist; you were right about the "old" characters. They usually were intelligent, or at least experienced in some matters. But they have grey hair, so they're not cool anymore. For shame, Mattel. :( It just occurred to me that even old people who are into fashion don't get any credit (Millicent, I'm looking at you and your missing website profile).