앤젤 "Raising The Gunn" Gimme a Break !

Be-Be posted on Aug 17, 2009 at 11:09AM
I don't watch "Raising the Bar", but does Gunn
(J. August Richards) play a Lawyer on the show ? I thought it was funny enough when Cordy (Charisma Carpenter) played a demon on "Charmed", then Angel (David Boreanez) is on "Bones" and Fred (Amy Acker) is on "Doll House". I think Wesley's (Alexis Denisof) charactor developement/change was brilliant, where is HE now ? Oh ! and let's not forget Lindsey (Christian Kane) is on "Leverage"..
Running out of new actors ? Are we ?

앤젤 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Be-Be said…
hmmm
OOPS ! Forgot another one ! (Virginia Brice) - Wesley's girlfriend was also on "Charmed" as a Demon or Something. RECYCLE ! RECYCLE !
over a year ago AgentCoop said…
smile
You can see Alexis Denisof from time to time on How I Met Your Mother, and he has also been announced as making an appearance on Season 2 of Dollhouse.
over a year ago Cinders said…
Other than Charisma as the demon and J August Richards as a lawyer, most of the actors play remarkably different roles than they do on Angel... That's not recycling, that's acting. You act in one show... then you act in another... and another.

It's not like you're in one TV show and/or movie and then that's it, your career's over because you can only ever portray that character.

Although, some actors DO always play the same character, no matter how many movies or TV shows they've done.

I mean, really, how many movies does Ben Stiller really need to be in?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
Ditto to the Coopster about Alexis and Cinders.
Also, Charisma Carpenter played a sky-diver in CSI Las Vegas. She was hilarious.
The point I should have stressed was that it's THAT channel (the dynamite channel) which uses many, many times, the same actors !
Angel was on the WB (when it WAS the WB). Now, granted, so was Charmed, but it's about the only show that was. Bones and Dollhouse are on Fox. Dexter (with Julie Benz, who wasn't mentioned, but thought I'd throw it in here) is on Showtime. How I Met Your Mother and CSI are on CBS. Leverage and Raising the Bar are on TNT.

Though TNT does show reruns of Angel, it wasn't the primary network, so that's just coinicdence. Otherwise, no more than two of the mentioned shows run on any one network. So I'm afraid I'm still confused about what you're trying to say...
over a year ago renrae said…
hmmm
I think he's trying to say that all of the people acting on Angel have been very successful.
smile
Thank you ! That's what I should have expressed originally and also that several have gone on with "THAT" channel, and some even to the same show, like "Dollhouse"...
OK, yeah, they are pretty successful. Sorry if I frustrated you. What's "THAT" channel?

EDIT: Also, yup, a lot of Angel actors are on Dollhouse because they're Whedon actors. Once you're in the Whedon club, you're in for life. He'll always use you again... and again... and again. I mean, look how many times he's used Nathan Fillion. Or Jonathan Woodward.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago renrae said…
laugh
The Cult of Joss Whedon.

Hmm... I like it.
I didn't want to use the real "call" letters for the channel I watch Angel on, so I called it the "Dynamite" channel. Get it ?
Dynamite's alternate nomenclature is "_._._." .... Anybody ?
Anybody ?