앤젤 vs Spike 앤젤 & Spike

adwbuffy posted on Apr 12, 2008 at 02:08AM
How Much Do You Love Spike or Angel?

Or Better Yet: Do You Think It Was Funny The Way They Were Fighting Over Buffy In Season 5 Of Angel

***Choose Any question You Like About Spike & Angel***
last edited on Apr 14, 2008 at 01:36AM

앤젤 vs Spike 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
I loved the way they argued over Buffy. The best think for me was going back in Destiny and telling about Dru. Spike loved her and Angelus just took her because he could. There was no emotion on his part except the joy of hurting William.

The Immortal. How I hate him. If Sarah wasn't working on the Grudge 2 she would have been there for that one but I'm kind of happy she wasn't. Angel and Spike wanting to keep her away from him first, before they fight among themselves is just wonderful. One thing always bothered me though, if Buffy can sense vampires why wouldn't she be able to feel the two most important vampires (one could argue men) in her life when they were just 20 or so feet away?
over a year ago adwbuffy said…
Yeah, I mean that doesn't make any sense at all?
And then a fight breaks out and Buffy just leaves the club?!?! It makes no sense. And you have Spike and Angel asking the bartender if she has seen Buffy but Spike can track her through Sunnydale? I'm confused.
I definitely agree with you
over a year ago kayte said…
was it really buffy at that club in rome italy idid not think so myself but that episode girl in question it was funny seen spike and angel fighting like a bunch idiots over buffy safety
I'm not really 100% sure. If you go with canon up until that point then it was Buffy but if you read some of the comics then it's not Buffy but a double.
Yeah, I think so, but you gotta admit it was funny in Angel season 5 with Angel & Spike arguing and arguing over Buffy over and over, but still doesn't get old, cause so entertaining with James Marsters and David Boreanaz in that season
Joss said it was the perfect couple and it's very tempting to agree. I feel the their acting soars when they play against eachother.
I agree with you
over a year ago tisha said…
arabella- Well the Buffy comics are considered canon, and they set up a few Buffy decoys at different places around the world to distract enemies. I'm sure I read somewhere that Buffy hasn't actually had a relationship with anyone since Spike's "death" at the Hellmouth (unless you count her one-night stand with Satsu, a slayer, but that wasn't a relationship).

But I really wish SMG could have had time to be in that episode. The only real episode we have with the three of them is Lover's Walk.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago april_showers said…
I think Spike and Angel were hilarious in season 5, the way they bickered and fought was really funny, but at the same time I think there's always an underlying bond between the two of them that is very complex but at times causes them to display something like affection towards each other. There are some really sweet moments between the two of them, such as at the end of The Girl in Question (I think) where they talk together about how they both need to get over Buffy. It's really cute but also undercut with a lot of humour, I love it. I think that they each feel a kind of responsibility towards the other that maybe they don't understand, but it makes for wonderful viewing. I agree that David & James play wonderfully off each other & are a great duo to watch.

Also it's true that in the comics, which is considered canon, a number of Buffy decoys are set up around the world in order to protect her, and one of these decoys is in Rome, dating the Immortal and living a party lifestyle. There's also a comment about how Andrew did all the research for this particular decoy, and how Buffy didn't know who the Immortal was, but Andrew said it would be really funny, so she went with it. Or something to that effect. So basically that wasn't Buffy, it was a Slayer pretending to be her, hence why she didn't know they were there etc, and Andrew was just playing with them both!
over a year ago april_showers said…
P.S. The implication is that Buffy & Satsu slept together twice, because they're in bed together at the very end of that comic. But yeah, not a relationship.